What's on your mind?

Replies

• JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    I want to attend a Zoom meeting.

I haven't been to one since my first in April. I had a bad experience and have been shy ever since.

I've been looking on meetup. Com but can't find any I want to attend. Then I was like "all these groups and there is NOTHING that interests me?" Then I felt like a boring person.

I'm so desperate I'm thinking about going to one tomorrow that's a slow read of classical philosophy.
    But it's at 10am and I am not a morning person. I realize this is late by most people's standards.

Seriously contemplating whether or not Aristotle is still relevant.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    KickTheSky wrote: »
    I'm about to tell someone the long overdue truth.

Spoiler alert: I'm still angry and looking back, I don't think you really ever apologized.

I don't know the situation so who am I to judge BUT ask yourself if it's really worth it. Holding onto anger is like poison. What will it bring you? The situation will probably still be the same but worst. We always want to try to hurt the people who hurt us but from my experience it's not really worth it in the end.

Too late. The cards are on the table and I just torched all the bridges. The manipulation ended tonight.

I hope things work out for you ❤ I was just sharing my experience. The few times I've done stuff like that I regretted it and it only hurt me more. Nothing wrong with burning bridges, it all brings us experience and makes us better. Maybe now you can leave it in the past where it belongs and be happy xo

To truly leave it in the past would mean leaving here for good. Which I almost did. Maybe it will be easier this time.

I sincerely hope it will be easier for you my friend. There will always be things we can't "forget" but there's always ways to learn to live with it. Try to focus on the great things you have, your kids, your family, the privilege of waking up in the morning and have another day. Make the best out if it 😊

❤ well said.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I just looked at the text my sons driving teacher sent me and realized he was my driving teacher too. 😂😂 Didn’t recognize him when he came to the door. Lol.

but did he recognize YOU? when i was out buying a new washing machine a few months back - my former highschool track coach recognized me - i never would have recognized him ! :D

I highly doubt it. I would have never known it was him if he hadn’t signed his text.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I'm about to tell someone the long overdue truth.

Spoiler alert: I'm still angry and looking back, I don't think you really ever apologized.

I don't know the situation so who am I to judge BUT ask yourself if it's really worth it. Holding onto anger is like poison. What will it bring you? The situation will probably still be the same but worst. We always want to try to hurt the people who hurt us but from my experience it's not really worth it in the end.

Too late. The cards are on the table and I just torched all the bridges. The manipulation ended tonight.

I hope things work out for you ❤ I was just sharing my experience. The few times I've done stuff like that I regretted it and it only hurt me more. Nothing wrong with burning bridges, it all brings us experience and makes us better. Maybe now you can leave it in the past where it belongs and be happy xo

To truly leave it in the past would mean leaving here for good. Which I almost did. Maybe it will be easier this time.

Hugs to you and hope that however you dealt with it and whatever you said, will give you some peace. Life can be very difficult. So far, I've found the ups and downs balance each other out, even the most difficult issues. I also am a believer of 'there is a reason for everything'. Sometimes I feel bitter and angry and feel there is no good reason but also feel that's not for us to know either. It probably all sounds like gibberish but it keeps me going on to my next day without sinking deep. I'd love to go back and change many things that happened in my life but if it meant giving up what I have now, I'm not sure that I could. :( And I'm glad we don't get to make that choice, we just have to trust and have faith. Easier said than done. :(
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    I've been feeling like a stale piece of bread for a while now. Like listless. 😶 nondescript.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    I've been feeling like a stale piece of bread for a while now. Like listless. 😶 nondescript.

good analogy, me too, need to get a spark...somehow....fire up some personality or some *kitten*...or a general interest in being
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

Spread a little bit of raspberry jam on yourself and start dancing. :)
    Especially now because the yellow jackets are getting early fallish thick.

Feel better quick!! Feeling like listless bread is no fun. :(
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member

maybe go cause a lil trouble, but like microdosing any activities so u dont go to jail or nothing ♥️
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »

good analogy, me too, need to get a spark...somehow....fire up some personality or some *kitten*...or a general interest in being

I'm blaming retrograde. Maybe we can make a sandwich?
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

😅 🤔 The jackets are thicc you say? Sounds like a party if I'm dancing while covered in food items.

maybe go cause a lil trouble, but like microdosing any activities so u dont go to jail or nothing ♥️

Ya I'm going to hand my coffee back to the Starbucks employee and demand whipped cream instead of just taking the no whipped cream version that they've been giving me.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    a mfp Ragnar team😃
  • ermengarde22

😅 🤔 The jackets are thicc you say? Sounds like a party if I'm dancing while covered in food items.

Ya I'm going to hand my coffee back to the Starbucks employee and demand whipped cream instead of just taking the no whipped cream version that they've been giving me.

look em right in the eye, steal a cookie, then put $2 in tip jar, walk out
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

look em right in the eye, steal a cookie, then put $2 in tip jar, walk out

You could probably Sooo get away with this 😂...
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Grumpy, mumbling old people,
    I get it now.
  • ermengarde22
    edited September 2020
    well this was all a colossal waste of time *gestures vaguely*
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    When someone is mad at you but you aren’t mad back, are you supposed to act mad anyway? Like never address them and give them the cold shoulder? Or do you treat them like you normally would? Do they perceive that as disingenuous? What is the socially acceptable thing to do? Which is more/less aggravating to you if you’re the aggrieved party? I never know how to handle this