Serious/heavy/deep/real stuff

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    i quit this one job i had and its for the best, bc i like teaching way better and its less stressful but *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* i can hear the voices in my head of my family telling me i’m throwing away opportunities and yelling about me about my potential

we dont even talk anymore and they still haunting me

Teaching is such a noble profession and a great show of service. In terms of transferable skills, teachers have MANY of those.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,370 Member
    i quit this one job i had and its for the best, bc i like teaching way better and its less stressful but *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* i can hear the voices in my head of my family telling me i’m throwing away opportunities and yelling about me about my potential

we dont even talk anymore and they still haunting me

What's that saying about find a job you love and you'll never work another day in your life?

Stick with what you like better. Happiness day to day is worth more than the big bucks, the fancy promotions, or whatever those opportunities are.

I've lived both and I picked the job I love.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    What do you feel is the function of suffering in this life?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited September 2020
    ladyzherra wrote: »

To help us let go of things not meant for us, and facilitate change...

To make us stronger...
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member

Today I don't think there is a point - it just is.

I may think something else tomorrow.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member

Recognizing the "good times"
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Recognizing the "good times"

yes.. without the bad times you won't recognise and appreciate the good
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member

Every experience in life is for the soul to grow, over many lifetimes. The sufferings one endures in this life will be different than those in the next, as well as the positive emotions.

Sufferings and joys allow souls to become richer and more nuanced. The soul's aim is to experience all that exists - the infinity of life, until it is omniscient and omnipotent, like God. Then it becomes one with God.

After that, it can create worlds.

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    If you show your face you strike a balance between oversharing and reeling it back in for your career and resume. Mmm hmm. B) Six degrees of separation is now two. The world is shrinking.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,033 Member

Its the foundation for peace and succes.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

Best function I've found is gratitude and appreciation of the good. But my own personal jury is still out on whether it's a good balance. :/ Especially for some people who seem to get a world of suffering thrown at them while some sit high in their shiny thrones and keep on prospering.

All I can say is 'D@mN you Eve, put the apple down!!'
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    KickTheSky wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Best function I've found is gratitude and appreciation of the good. But my own personal jury is still out on whether it's a good balance. :/ Especially for some people who seem to get a world of suffering thrown at them while some sit high in their shiny thrones and keep on prospering.

All I can say is 'D@mN you Eve, put the apple down!!'

What if the balance wasn't with one person but rather everyone? Maybe the people that have it wonderful are balanced by the people with horrible lives.

Well then, the old saying goes "It isn't fair!" because it truly isn't.
    I hate it when a cloud seems to follow certain people around. :( And I don't believe in the saying 'God gives us only as much as we can handle'. My sister is a case in point. I have no idea how she hasn't crumpled into a heap by now. :(