• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    fstrickl wrote: »
    I am scared that one day I am going to come to not know myself. I am very averse to conflict, I don't have the fight or flight response, I have the freeze response. When in situations of conflict I usually just freeze. It's hard to explain, but I don't put up defences and I also don't take anything being said too seriously. When that happens it also means I don't remember things well because I'm actively trying to be neutral, to just let things glide across my brain like snow over ice. Waiting for it to be over. I don't know why I do this (okay, maybe I do if I think about it). Because I avoid conflict I generally say "yes" to everything. I'm not scared of new things, I actually love new things and I'm not generally not scared of failure. What I'm scared of is what if one day I keep saying "yes" only to realize I should have said "no" for my own happiness and wellbeing? What if it's already happened, but I'm just going merrily along along along and never really know if I am happy or just neutral.

There's a scene in the movie Carol with Cate Blanchett and Ronney Mara that talks about something similar in Ronney Mara's character. When I heard it, I realised that I absolutely could relate. Cate Blanchett's character asks Ronney Mara (with whom she is having an affair) what she is thinking about and Ronney Mara's character responds:

"I should have said "No" to you but I never say "No". And it's selfish because... because I just take everything and I don't know anything. And I don't know what I want. How could I when all I ever do is say "Yes" to everything?"

Along similar lines, I don't like talking about my feelings because I don't know them very well so this is some scary *kitten* for me to post. Really hope no one I actually know is reading this . . . POSTING AND HOPEFULLY NO REGRETS.

You misspelled 'Defenses'.

Wanna fight about it ?

.... and when I say 'fight', I mean thumb-wrestle.

Well...technically
    bkucmm64tddm.jpeg
    9swdufvetaip.jpeg
    So now we don’t need to fight about it 😜. However, just because I don’t like fighting doesn’t mean a good thumb war can’t come in handy from time to time (see what I did there...)

DEFENSE

Also. Vitamin is pronounced V-Eye-Ta-Men
    not: Vit-a-Men

Let's see, what else?

Behavior (drop the 'u', it doesn't belong, no more than the added 'e' on 'Center(e)'

And while we're at it, 'Whilst' isn't a real word.

Why are the above true? .....because we say so.

BIGGEST%20MILITARY%20BUDGETS.PNG

woah, woah, woah... "Whilst" isn't a word

Triggered ..

Oh and our Defence Force will not be changing its name for you 😄😝
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    i quit this one job i had and its for the best, bc i like teaching way better and its less stressful but *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* i can hear the voices in my head of my family telling me i’m throwing away opportunities and yelling about me about my potential

we dont even talk anymore and they still haunting me

I'm glad you're doing what you love ❤
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    i quit this one job i had and its for the best, bc i like teaching way better and its less stressful but *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* i can hear the voices in my head of my family telling me i’m throwing away opportunities and yelling about me about my potential

Teaching is such a noble profession and a great show of service. In terms of transferable skills, teachers have MANY of those.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

What's that saying about find a job you love and you'll never work another day in your life?

Stick with what you like better. Happiness day to day is worth more than the big bucks, the fancy promotions, or whatever those opportunities are.

I've lived both and I picked the job I love.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    What do you feel is the function of suffering in this life?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    ladyzherra wrote: »

To help us let go of things not meant for us, and facilitate change...

To make us stronger...
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options

Today I don't think there is a point - it just is.

I may think something else tomorrow.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

Recognizing the "good times"
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Recognizing the "good times"

yes.. without the bad times you won't recognise and appreciate the good
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Options

Every experience in life is for the soul to grow, over many lifetimes. The sufferings one endures in this life will be different than those in the next, as well as the positive emotions.

Sufferings and joys allow souls to become richer and more nuanced. The soul's aim is to experience all that exists - the infinity of life, until it is omniscient and omnipotent, like God. Then it becomes one with God.

After that, it can create worlds.

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    If you show your face you strike a balance between oversharing and reeling it back in for your career and resume. Mmm hmm. B) Six degrees of separation is now two. The world is shrinking.