Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Serious/heavy/deep/real stuff

Replies

• MiNinaLisaMiNinaLisa Member Posts: 648 Member Member Posts: 648 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »
    This thread should be mandatory reading for young adults and recommended reading for all adults.

True life and compassion from all perspectives.

I’m really glad it got a foothold. I make a lot of silly, light threads so making this one made me feel particularly vulnerable. I really expected it to drop off after a day or so. I don’t comment in this thread much but I come back and read it often. It helps remind me how human we all are.

I worried it would turn into a contest of who has it the worst, and I’m so glad it hasn’t. I hope anyone feels ‘qualified’ to post here. We all go through our own *kitten*. We all deserve to unload.

This is a hard time of year for me. For no particular reason and for hundreds. I’ve done it medicated and without, but nothing helps as much as feeling like I have people who get it. I’ve been on mfp for years as the goof-off but this year is when I finally felt like i could bare all without fear.

I probably come across as unapproachable and difficult to get to know beyond the jokes, so I’m thankful there are people who push past that undeterred. It honestly has been transformative for me in this last month or so. I’m bad at expressing it but y’all have been my people in ways you’ll never even know.

i for one - am very glad you're back <3
  • tams_89tams_89 Member Posts: 2,001 Member Member Posts: 2,001 Member
    tams_89 wrote: »
    Feeling sorry for myself today, not feeling too well lately and now being tested for bowel disease. I should not google because it does no good for my anxiety. Also feeling bad because I know people are a lot worse off. Trying to stay positive.

So sorry. Hope it’s nothing 🤗
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    tams_89 wrote: »
    Feeling sorry for myself today, not feeling too well lately and now being tested for bowel disease. I should not google because it does no good for my anxiety. Also feeling bad because I know people are a lot worse off. Trying to stay positive.

please don't start comparing yourself to other people's situations, even if you deem theirs *worse* than yours. there is no such thing as that! your issues are just as valid. i hope they find a solution for you soon <3

Thank you both ❤️
  • tams_89tams_89 Member Posts: 2,001 Member Member Posts: 2,001 Member
    This thread should be mandatory reading for young adults and recommended reading for all adults.

I’m really glad it got a foothold. I make a lot of silly, light threads so making this one made me feel particularly vulnerable. I really expected it to drop off after a day or so. I don’t comment in this thread much but I come back and read it often. It helps remind me how human we all are.

I worried it would turn into a contest of who has it the worst, and I’m so glad it hasn’t. I hope anyone feels ‘qualified’ to post here. We all go through our own *kitten*. We all deserve to unload.

This is a hard time of year for me. For no particular reason and for hundreds. I’ve done it medicated and without, but nothing helps as much as feeling like I have people who get it. I’ve been on mfp for years as the goof-off but this year is when I finally felt like i could bare all without fear.

I probably come across as unapproachable and difficult to get to know beyond the jokes, so I’m thankful there are people who push past that undeterred. It honestly has been transformative for me in this last month or so. I’m bad at expressing it but y’all have been my people in ways you’ll never even know.

❤️
  • slessofmeslessofme Member Posts: 6,963 Member Member Posts: 6,963 Member
  • Miss_Chiev0usMiss_Chiev0us Member Posts: 1,592 Member Member Posts: 1,592 Member

You are awesome and I'm so happy to see you around here 🤗
  • amorfati601070amorfati601070 Member Posts: 2,045 Member Member Posts: 2,045 Member
    slessofme wrote: »

Sounds like something Nietzsche would say <3
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 18,782 Member Member Posts: 18,782 Member
    slessofme wrote: »

Sounds like something Nietzsche would say <3

you spelled Nitschke wrong

813aca30a2571b44951510ff567a04db--packers-baby-greenbay-packers.jpg
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,835 Member Member Posts: 2,835 Member
    @MiNinaLisa
    I'm so very sorry. :( Dementia(and Alzheimer's) is absolutely awful and steals away the person little by little and everyone is left feeling helpless because there is nothing you can do. I'm glad this lady friend is in his life and that she has support as well.
    {{Hugs to you}}
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @MiNinaLisa
    I'm so very sorry. :( Dementia(and Alzheimer's) is absolutely awful and steals away the person little by little and everyone is left feeling helpless because there is nothing you can do. I'm glad this lady friend is in his life and that she has support as well.
    {{Hugs to you}}

thank you <3
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 3,347 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,347 Member
    It's hard to imagine what it's like being a caregiver - even if only on occasion - when you yourself are dealing with a major health issue. How bittersweet it must have been to get the pictures and to have seen your step-father.

No matter where he's at mentally and physically right now, perhaps one additional memory to hold on to is the fact that he still knows how important your mother's pictures were to you?

If you don't mind, I'm sending prayers up and across your way @MiNinaLisa
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    It's hard to imagine what it's like being a caregiver - even if only on occasion - when you yourself are dealing with a major health issue. How bittersweet it must have been to get the pictures and to have seen your step-father.

No matter where he's at mentally and physically right now, perhaps one additional memory to hold on to is the fact that he still knows how important your mother's pictures were to you?

If you don't mind, I'm sending prayers up and across your way @MiNinaLisa

thank you :)