Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Serious/heavy/deep/real stuff

Replies

• CacoEtherCacoEther Member Posts: 1,757 Member Member Posts: 1,757 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    As I learned last night, deep love is adapting your day so that you can more easily stay up in bed until 2 am or longer to chat with your husband, confidant and best friend of 43 years to assess his memory and dementia progression.

This is my grandparents' current scenario and the silver lining is that my grandmother is learning new things about her husband even now.

This is precious ❤️
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 249,884 Member Member Posts: 249,884 Member
    I wish I could interact with people and not obsess for hours afterward about what a bad impression I must have made and what a complete idiot I appear to be. Like I’m doing now. I just want to crawl in a hole.

You make neither impression 🤗 you're a good egg <3
  • aChuisle_moChroiaChuisle_moChroi Member Posts: 5,422 Member Member Posts: 5,422 Member
    I wish I could interact with people and not obsess for hours afterward about what a bad impression I must have made and what a complete idiot I appear to be. Like I’m doing now. I just want to crawl in a hole.

You make neither impression 🤗 you're a good egg <3

Awww, thanks, Jo <3 I just have a lot of insecurity in some situations, especially interacting with peers at my job, where I’m an outsider (adjunct faculty). I’m trying to force myself to engage more and it’s hard. I sabotage myself. I’d rather just be the lone teacher. I’m fine. Yesterday was just hellish. I’m lucky I still have my job.
  • Mr_Healthy_HabitsMr_Healthy_Habits Member Posts: 11,857 Member Member Posts: 11,857 Member
    tams_89 wrote: »
    Feeling sorry for myself today, not feeling too well lately and now being tested for bowel disease. I should not google because it does no good for my anxiety. Also feeling bad because I know people are a lot worse off. Trying to stay positive.

You have the biggest heart and I've always thought the world of you Tams 💕... Hang in there, hope everything comes back OK 💕
  • tams_89tams_89 Member Posts: 1,997 Member Member Posts: 1,997 Member
    Feeling sorry for myself today, not feeling too well lately and now being tested for bowel disease. I should not google because it does no good for my anxiety. Also feeling bad because I know people are a lot worse off. Trying to stay positive.

You have the biggest heart and I've always thought the world of you Tams 💕... Hang in there, hope everything comes back OK 💕

Thank you Jesse ❤️
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 3,326 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,326 Member

When you're dealing with a bunch of symptoms, the path to diagnosis can be fraught especially if you're not feeling supported by friends, family or healthcare team.

Offline, I hope this is the case @tams_89. Online, we got you 🤗
  • KHMcGKHMcG Member Posts: 863 Member Member Posts: 863 Member

Hang in there T!
  • tams_89tams_89 Member Posts: 1,997 Member Member Posts: 1,997 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »

When you're dealing with a bunch of symptoms, the path to diagnosis can be fraught especially if you're not feeling supported by friends, family or healthcare team.

Offline, I hope this is the case @tams_89. Online, we got you 🤗

Thanks lovely 😘😘
    KHMcG wrote: »

Hang in there T!

Thank you 😊
  • happimess01happimess01 Member Posts: 6,543 Member Member Posts: 6,543 Member

So sorry. Hope it’s nothing 🤗