WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Beth - It must be super hard for anyone in the music industry right now. :'( Let alone starting out.
    I know when my son was out of work he got very depressed. He is so much better now, thanks to two greyhounds and a good woman. I thought the dogs were a terrible idea, but they saved his life.
    I'm sure you are a great support to him. <3
    Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    All caught up with the post. But hubby is wanting to go for a ride. And it will be good for me supper was good homemade chicken stew no potatoes lots of veg. And I had a little source yogurt but I still feel like eating. So it will change my mind to get out of here.

see you lighter
    Linda in Northern Ontario
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,103 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    All caught up but it's past midnight and I had an early start this morning and another one tomorrow to go take advantage of seniors hour for grocery shopping.

So sorry about those who have lost friends or family to this dreadful virus.

☘️ Terri
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Allie:))) Sorry for the loss of your friend to drug/alcohol use. :flowerforyou: My parents drug of choice was cigarettes and both died of problems related to chain smoking. A woman can love her family and her friends, but often cannot persuade them to make healthier choices.

Faye: I didn’t expect anyone to actually change their birthdate. I still get a kick out of the whole idea. :bigsmile:

Heather: I’m sorry that new restrictions needed to be imposed. I hope they save lives. Enjoy your Zoom with old friends. :heart: On another topic, our refrigerator also has a separate drawer for keeping meat chilled to the right temperature. It is a very nice feature. :bigsmile:

Karen: Mayhem as Person of the Year is fitting, given all that we’ve been dealing with while trying to live our lives and stay healthy. :laugh:

I cleaned house today. It feels good to have accomplished something tangible. The plumber came by and fixed the problem in the bathroom that one of his coworkers caused. The guest bathroom is now functioning & able to do its job.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    <<<<<< <3 (((( hugs )))) B)
  • slhalpain
    slhalpain Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Back at it. I started logging and working on Keto in 2018. Here I am in 2020, almost 50 pounds heavier, starting AGAIN.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Condolences, Allie. It’s so sad to see so many lives destroyed with drugs and alcohol. You don’t have to ask me how I know.

I was wrong about the body types. I totally forgot apple. How could I forget apple? So, pear, carrot, apple, straight ((or rectangle) and curvy ( which I assume is hourglass).

My sister says her body type is May pop. Did any of you ever make people out of May pops using twigs for arms and legs? She has a tummy but tiny arms and legs.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Oooooo
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did a body pump video today. The plan for tomorrow is to do some more of the Dressed Up Drills.

Work tomorrow and then hopefully we can do some work outside.

M – yes, PJ is a bit over 20 lbs now. I think you might have mistaken the johnny jump up for a seated bouncy chair. Yes, that would be until they are 20 lbs. He used to have one. You put the baby in it and the entire chair bounces. What I’m talking about is something that hangs from the door frame that you put the baby in and he uses his legs to propel him up and down. Something like this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/cobrandcard/marketing.html/?ie=UTF8&plattr=LDMSWM99&pr=conplcc&ref_=nav_swm_LDMSWM99&pf_rd_p. I doubt she would use it upstairs for more than 20 minutes. That would give her time to put the laundry in the washer and make the bed

If I eat fried food my stomach talks to me and says “I don’t think so”. I get such a pain in my stomach!

KJ – in December PJ will be 1 yr 7 mo. Thanks for making me research it more. Guess that’s not such a great idea at his age. We won’t be going up to DE at Christmas time. Vince does too much decorating and we can’t leave the computers on and outside while we’re gone for days on end

Katla – LOL hijacked sign

Yvonne – when I told Vince today was hobbit day he said “darn, I knew I should have had a second breakfast…and lunch”

Back to decent eating. Had eggs for breakfast. Tomorrow I’ll have oatmeal for breakfast.

Went to Belk. Had a coupon for $20 off only it expired yesterday. But did get a black light jacket. You know, I don’t own black things. When I started at Food Lion I had to go buy some black shoes since I didn’t have any. Now I needed to buy something black (like a sweater) because I don’t own anything and it’s getting cooler, especially in the a.m.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    O
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I got all bent out of shape at my job today and ended up soaking in the tub instead of working out. sigh.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💜💚💙
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Goth chic - mental health is as important as physical health. Don’t beat yourself up.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Pppp
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Michele, I'm so glad you got to spend some quality time with PJ! For presents for him, I would suggest going into a toy store and just looking around to see what they have for his age group. If there is a store of the same type where Pete and Denise are, you could probably arrange with the store for them to be able to pick it up there, and save on the shipping costs. Just my thought.
    Allie and Katie, I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. {{{HUGS}}} for both of you.
    Pip, Yogi really does have the life! lol I hope you found a substitute for the meerkat (that looked really neat!)
    Somebody was saying something about dog bone shaped cookie cutters, I think I've seen them at Michaels here. I know they have a LOT of different shaped ones, why not dog bone?
    Tracey, I too am glad I'm Canadian when it gets pointed out to me how much people in the US have to pay for health care. It truly is frightening (and sad!)
    Rebecca, thank you for the lovely flowers!! (the painting, it really is gorgeous, wonderful rich colors)
    Heather, your new fridge looks lovely! We bought a stainless steel fridge a few years ago, I quite like it. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the freezer on the bottom, but it has grown on me. We have a medium chest freezer too, it's in the attached garage.
    Kim, I'm truly sorry to hear about the loss of your camp job, and quite puzzled by the board's decision to not do anything with the property. It sounds lovely and I'd be willing to bet that a lot of organizations would pay good money to rent or lease it. Is there nobody who would be really pi$$ed at them for just letting it sit idle? I am glad that you have made peace with your decision and also that you went and got one last good pick before giving up your position!
    SuziQ, that orchid is stunning! I wish I had somewhere that I could grow plants well. Unfortunately, our new house seems to be where plants go to die..... :( I have managed to keep a few alive and some of my outdoor ones are doing fairly well, despite their rude treatment this summer when I dug them all up to replant with chicken wire to protect the bulbs. I think I will have to do something to help "winterize" a few of them as I think we are in for a cold winter.
    The scale is going in entirely the wrong direction these days and I am having trouble getting motivated. I have started back at the gym, so that's something, but my eating is kind of out of control. I'm also not paying enough attention to what I'm cooking, getting a little lazy and using more prepared food instead of doing it myself. I'm working on that.... It's all a journey, right? lol
    Well, I have my gym time booked for tomorrow, and if I want to be there all fresh and ready to work, I'd best get to bed. Hope everyone has/had a great day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island where we are supposed to get monsoon type rain for the next few days! Yikes! (wish we could send it to Oregon and California... although we need some too)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: vacuumed AGAIN.
    Bonus: three loads laundry
    Get to do: Library, BiMart, Post Office, Grocery Outlet, Freddie’s, take pics of car, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, Pilot tech support 5034447924 to link subscription and fix login, measure potential greenhouse space and distance to outlet, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; weed drive again, finish weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, Tuesday: call Progressive adjuster,
    Self Care September
    22: Look at photos from a time of happy memories: https://youtu.be/zPcxrZiDyS8
    pip and Linda if you think Labs and Goldens shed…

Finally cooked the beet greens. Meh. Kinda like sautéed spinach with garlic. Next time I’ll skip the red pepper flakes and just add hot sauce as needed.

Machka clutter bug type mismatch likewise here, Joe likes a visually simple and clear environment, I tend to pile stuff until I can do “something” with it. In the quiz there were a few options I’d have chosen if offered: 5:My house is a mess most of the time! 5:If I heard friends were coming in 20 minutes I’d tell them I’d meet them at the coffee shop. ;) Brava for paring down your list of commitments!
    Heather I’d be afraid to hide my sins in my husband’s area, he might deal with them!
    Kay :cry:
    Julie ((hugs)) How’s the weather in Paris? Well done on the sorting, and especially on recruiting new board member candidates. Hope you can get some restorative sleep.
    Michele so happy for your time with PJ.
    Terri would you share pics of you in ice skating outfits? Do you really want to ruthlessly purge your boots?
    Miss Kellie that body shapes meme made me snort my water. Thanks, I needed that!
    Linda click the little black triangle just to the right of the mountain, it should open a window that looks like this, where you can browse to where the picture file is stored.
    gqyo8nf1q661.jpg
    What a great working vacation for you and your grandson!
    Faye “The day and time of birth do make a difference.” Also birthplace. When I used to dabble, learned I was a Pisces with a Leo Moon and Gemini ascendant. Lots of air in my chart, little or no earth. Gave it up when friends were using it to make important decisions, as a way of ceding personal responsibility. “The stars incline but do not compel.”
    Katla yes life flight is available and one of the perks for being on the firehouse board (besides having firefighters know and like you) is a free membership for the whole family. It is worrisome, but the price we pay for living in paradise. Wish I had the energy and $$ to doll up our doublewide, but just as well. Neither Joe nor I would tolerate the disruption. :}
    Yvonne :love: hobbits, especially their “second breakfast”s.
    Vicki no one here is going to judge you on spelling or typos. None of us is prefect ;)
    Beth Time Person of the Year ROTFLMAOWMP!
    Rita :love: the pic, you really have the eye! What is that structure?
    Rebecca looks yummy, except I’d swap the tomato for avocado slices ;) What is “hot shot seasoning”?
    Allie ((hugs))
    Welcome @slhalpain! Would you let us know what you want to be called and your general locale?
    Kay Maypop, that’s me!
    Tracey well done on selling the craft supplies! You almost inspire me to sort/purge the scrapbooking stuff I bought but never use. Almost.
    Gothchiq “love” the profile pic :laugh:
    Evelyn “where plants go to die” :laugh:

Joe called the surgeon today who arranged for a pressure check in Crescent City. Down to 20 (from 26 and 54 before that) so Joe agreed to continue the pills even though they make his fingers and toes tingle/numb. His next appointment with the surgeon in Medford isn’t ‘til the second week in October. He’s agreed to let me drive him as it could still be hot and smoky and neither of his vans have a/c. Thankful highway 199 is now open.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    September: better than August.
    daily: sit with Joe: 23, weigh: 22, steps>5491=5835 vits=21.5 log=22 CI<CO=17 CI<250<CO=11 Tumble & Shadow 5=23 mfp=22 outside=20 up hill=22
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3= rx=3 dance= clean 30 mins=9.5
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant= 20for20=
    bonus: AF=13 play= sew=2
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Lisa - Sending love <3 I am really sorry you are going through all this.

Going to write my memoir now. First time in two weeks. ;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx