- 1 snack at night ☹️
    - Deep breaths before dining hall ☹️

Thursday JFT:
    - Brush teeth in morning
    - 1 snack in afternoon
    - 1 snack at night
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member

@littleblackskirt - Hugs to you, it's a tough decision but I'm sure you'll make the right one. I was told when we were looking for my Mom to go with the smell test. If you smell urine or feces you know that the residents aren't being taken care of promptly. I don't know if you're allowed to do tours now or not though which sucks.

Thank you. We are not allowed to visit the homes, in fact just this week our covid rules have become stricter again. Luckily I have been in the homes in the past and I know they don't smell. Just unfortunate that I can't meet the staff.

JFT Wednesday 23rd September

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes
    Back exercises no
    Foot exercises no
    Walk no, too sore after cutting grass
    Do the admin, it's important financially! did all bar one item
    Phone care home yes
    Phone social worker yes
    Phone roofer tried twice, no reply
    Garden no
    Mow lawn if it dries up bit damp and cold, but it's done

JFT Thursday 24th September

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Walk
    Last bit of admin
    POST the admin
    Weekly shop
    Check plants, garden

Chilly this morning, the car window was iced up. Took me by surprise, and I haven't brought in any tender plants. It's too soon to be this cold, I hate being cold in winter!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    I thought I posted goals yesterday but it looks like I didn't. Darn.

PT kicked my *kitten* last night. I woke up a little while ago and still can't really lift my arms! It's crazy!

I'm too tired and headachy right now to really update anything. I'll just say that yesterday we had our first restrained takedown of a student in class.

Today I will:

- past
    - work
    - take care of animals am/pm
    - PT
    - pick up clothes
    - COOK DINNER!!!!!!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Thurday
    1. AM: Therapy exercises - crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! GET COMPUTERS RIGHT AWAY. Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. 1st class: START AND FINISH WITH HOMEWORK LOG. NRI practice. Finish narrative analysis. Read book. Update Goodreads. Introduce one-pager.
    3. 2nd-3rd classes: NRI practice. Narrative analysis. Grade conferences.
    4. Pit Crew: Thankful Thursday. Lunch: Pasta. Read new book. Update GR.
    5. Planning: SET UP AGENDA FOR TOMORROW'S CLASSES. Continue parent calls - any low grades. Work on blog post. Fic? Update Goodreads. Call orthopedist - no surgery. Cash to Deb for coffee. Take CF plate to be sanded. Run after school.
    6. Write a letter. Dinner: hamburgers. Breathe.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Color! 1 hr reading. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Work on CV.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. SHBP screening - August? MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? What are some tasks that could be completed by CBBVI students?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    End of April: 192.6
    End of May: 191.8
    End of June: 192.2
    End of July: 188.6
    End of August: 189.8
    Today: 192.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. ObG schedule for October. When is re-up with ortho? Schedule PCP for same day.
    7. Theater: ???
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: squats, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. Weight up. No likey. Too much snacky.
  • TiffanyPe17
    TiffanyPe17 Posts: 107 Member
    Today I will

•Go for a walk
    • Eat more real foods
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    For Wednesday. Keep working on self discipline. Self discipline is the key to realizing my objectives

1900 calories: 1747
    Work out 80 minutes: 84 minutes including a 2.65 mile walk
    Exercise self discipline and focus on health / safety for retirement and beyond: made good choices and overcame the thought of not working out
    Support my bride: Easy to do
    Eat dinner at the table and walk after dinner, both unplugged: dinners are enjoyable with the two of us, no tv and no phones. Bride still isn’t up to the walk but I went for .5 mile around the block unplugged. Nice evening. Stayed active for another 30 minutes before settling into the couch

For Thursday: self discipline is forgoing short term pleasure for long term self respect.

1900 calories
    Work out 35 minutes
    Make good decisions and focus on my health and flexibility for retirement and beyond
    Support my bride
    Eat dinner at the table and walk afterwards. Do both unplugged
    [/quote]

• lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 331 Member
    Tracey
    One day at a time is all we can do. and 1 day at time will add up to many good days. We can we will do this.

My take on today Make the day as good as you can. Go for it.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    JFT - Wednesday Sept 23
    1L of water - >:)
    Log all food - :)
    No chips - :)
    15 minutes of activity - >:)
    Gratitude Journal - >:)

JFT - Thursday Sept 24
    1L of water
    Log all food
    No chips
    15 minutes of activity
    Gratitude Journal

@TerriRichardson112 - That sounds like a lovely walk. I have begged and pleaded for my husband to walk with me but he won't.

@HEGoddard0928 - That sounds like a really tough day.

I had a good evening last night visiting with the Grands and our eldest. When I got back from borrowing our daughter's car I ended up texting with my youngest daughter most of the evening. It was nice to connect.

• lcharpentier2
    You have a great day planned. Stick to it.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap 9/23 work in conference room with horrible slow computer ~ happy hump day
    1) Wore our LED & reflective gear & walked dog 4.11 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :smiley: 14/14 boom!
    3) Net cals green / 14c water >:) fast food for supper after appt. bad enough then evening snack attack of banana & brown rice/chickpea crackers & net cals RED (sodium high too) >:) 15c water :smiley:
    4) Review more background info / email AJNH director for update on requested docs / GA-IT folder? (still waiting on review) who knows :p / keep up w/ emails & clear more backlog / print from EE self service / save electronics to flash / sanitize room :) 6/7
    5) Leave 15 min. early for haircut appt. / boil eggs / at least one chore :) 3/3
    6) Unplug 9:00 :# / FLOSS :s / RETAINERS :s / 6:30 alarm (walk dog before start to work from home)

JFT R 9/24
    1) Not as early of walk & went few extra blocks 4.28 mi smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (2nd floor to basement & back)
    3) Salmon & fresh veg for supper / net cals green / 14c water
    4) Keep reviewing background info / save flash to computer / webinar 2pm / email daily update
    5) Evening at least one chore
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / 6:30 alarm (walk dog maybe virtual 5K race)

I am excited that I am 15K away from walking 1,020K for the You vs. The Year Challenge on MapMyWalk. Three or fewer walks with dog, and done! My goal was by my birthday in mid-October.

This weekend is also a virtual version of an annual 5K I have walked in since it started in 1999. Guess the organizers realized some of us still want to participate in events. There's no swag & no fee, and that's fine by me. We can post our finish times online.

I am also registered for two 5K races IN PERSON in Oct. events that I have done before. There are new rules for corral starts, social distancing & face coverings that I am happy are in place. We'll see how this goes.

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K w/ dog 8/29/20 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • TiffanyPe17
    TiffanyPe17 Posts: 107 Member
    Today I will

•Go for a walk-went for a two mile walk today. My first long walk since having my baby two weeks ago today. I’m pretty happy with that!
    • Eat more real foods-I’ve eaten real foods all day today and I feel satisfied.
  • Snowflake1968
    @cschmitz110515 - When do they put that challenge out on Map my Walk? It sounds interesting. That's incredible work you have done! Congratulations.
  • Snowflake1968
    @TiffanyPe17 - 2 week old baby, congratulations! Boy or Girl?
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    @Snowflake1968 I’m fortunate that we have always liked walking together. We’re a walking family. 😂
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    🌾🎍🌵🌴💕💖💕💖💕🌴🌵🎍🌾
    🏖🎡💕💕💖 SEPTEMBER💕💖💕🎡⛱
    🌾🎍🌵🌴💕💖💕💖💕🌴🌵🎍🌾
    What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2

Did the weekly shop early this morning as usually, although DH didn’t come with me as he had to go to the surgery to get his bloods done.

DYD called in after work for a short visit. No walk today as it was cold and very damp most of the day.

September Daily Goals: Week 4
      Tues: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu: ✅ Fri:
      Sat: Sun: Mon:
      Weight < 155: 2/7
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      2020:
      1 Aug: 149.9

01 Sept: 149.4
      09 Sept: 149.5
      Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1; 24.7
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1 30.4
      Calories < in the green 🦄 3/7
      Steps > 7500 🏃🏽‍♀️ 3/7
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🦄 3/7
      Active hours > 6 daily🦄 2/7
      Positive intentions for Today
      🌟Meditation 3/7
      🌟Exercise 3/7
      🌟Family Skype 0/7
      🌟Cut out/sew masks (0/7)
      🌟Gardening: 1/7 🌟Declutter🦄 2//7
      🌟Laundry 2/7 🌟Circuits 3/7
      😜Housework 3/7 🌟Plan shopping (1/7)
      🌟Shopping 1/7
      🌟Write 3 pages or 15 minutes a day 🦄 1/7
      🌟Update Journal🦄 1/7
      🌟Crochet🦄 2/7 🌟Puzzles 🦄 3/7
      🌟Watch TV🦄 3/7 🌟Read 3/7
    • Bex953172
      Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
      @TiffanyPe17 - 2 week old baby, congratulations! Boy or Girl?

Thank you! We had our second little girl, and I have to admit that I am absolutely in love with her ❤️❤️

I love babies 🙂 i have 3 girls myself! Although mine are 6, 4 and 2. Although all the ladies on here were on my last pregnancy journey with me, so Casey gets a lot of mentions lol!

I cant believe you're doing 2 mile walks only 2 weeks later! Thats amazing!

I was still recovering taking lots of painkillers 2 weeks after mine!
      How.old is your eldest daughter? X
    • littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
      @TiffanyPe17 I'm also really impressed you're already doing 2 mile walks :) Congratulations on the new babe.

JFT Thursday 24th September

Log everything yes
      Stay in the green yes
      Back exercises no, thinking of making this a challenge for next month, to make me do it!
      Foot exercises no
      Walk 46 minutes, not the best walk, heavy rain started when I was at the furthest away point, and I was in more pain than usual, glad I went though
      Last bit of admin yes, took ages, much longer than expected
      POST the admin yes
      Weekly shop yes
      Check plants, garden moved a few pots, no gardening, too sore

JFT Friday 25th September

Log everything
      Stay in the green
      Back exercises
      Walk
      Load car, wash car
      Bit of gardening
    • WellingTX
      WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
      Good day

For Thursday: self discipline is forgoing short term pleasure for long term self respect.

1900 calories 1496 low but ate a solid dinner and didn’t eat up to my goal afterwards
      Work out 35 minutes 76 minutes including a 2.2 mile walk. Moved the off day of working out to Friday.
      Make good decisions and focus on my health and flexibility for retirement and beyond Made good decisions and got myself moving
      Support my bride got a little grouchy when finishing the day. No solid excuse
      Eat dinner at the table and walk afterwards. Do both unplugged done and done. Great ways to end the day
      [/quote]

For Friday keep the long term, my “why” in mind when faced with choices. Self discipline.

1900 calories:
      Work out 35 minutes:
      Make good choices and focus on my health and flexibility for retirement and beyond:
      Support my bride:
      Eat dinner at the table and walk afterwards, unplugged.
    • lcharpentier2
      Always getting up with the frame of mind of doing good. We can do this.