WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,803 Member
    “ Rita the pic, you really have the eye! What is that structure?”

Barbara that used to a water tower in the 1930’s and 40’s. It’s crumbling now and in need of repairs. I took more of these at sunset. Thank you for the compliment! Here is one more.
    pt7vuibs8ahr.jpeg

RV Rita
  • helloquilts
    helloquilts Posts: 3 Member
    I'm working on Type 2 Diabetes Control - My goal for the month is track my water intake, and drink more water (less soda).
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,320 Member
    Lanette - I always thought waist measurement was taken over the belly button as well. My husband argues with me about this.

I like the idea of it being just below the rib cage, but that means I have a very high waist.

Tracey

Tracey - OK, I got curious and just measured, my belly button is 3" below where the natural indent of my waist is. The belly button measurement is 12" more than my natural waist measurement, and my "hip" measurement - 2" below the belly button is only 2 more inches. I'll admit, there's some fat there.

I recall, for the longest time, it seemed a waist measurement of over 35" for a female meant too much dangerous belly fat. I haven't heard much about that anymore, maybe that's been abandoned.

Faye - Thank you for the measurement chart. My belly button is at upper hip, and that's how most clothing catalogs say to measure I think.

I'd be more than happy to send you some of my padding in the bust/waist/hip area. :D

The smartbmicalculator shows my BMI at 25.

Lanette
    Rainy SW WA State

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,506 Member
    Pip
    Thank you feels good to see the scale going the right way.
    Love the trailer would love to get a little one to travel with. We have a 27 foot one for camping around her. And I bring it to my blueberry patch

Ginny
    So glad it wasn't covid in your family

Tracy
    My grandkids are well raised wow the job they did. In this time where no one cares.
    The little guy always loved to wittle since he was very young. He makes handles to put on knives and axes and anything that would need a handle. He made me a nice bowl and spoon. Cute nothing fancy mind you. But to me it's something special.

Rebecca
    We used to do the fruit and whatever basket. Now we give 2 dollars. And at the end of month best loser for the month gets a fruit and whatever basket. I got 4 dollars last night because i won attendance as well

Well for me all is good feel great and have a good attitude towards bringing the weight down and blood sugars at a good count. So on to a good day start of the good week for me.

See you all lighter
    Linda in Northern Ontario

We just sold our 25’ Airstream. This one will fit in the garage and we can push it ourselves into a spot if we had to. Big change
  • kevrit
    Lost power for a time last night. Woke up to a huge tree branch in our back yard. Husband could move it, it was only as thick as his wrist. It is in a pile next to the backyard path.

The only plant I seem to be caring for is a avocado plant growing from a pit I started a couple of weeks ago. I am going to hunt for a cheap pot and soil for it the first of the month.
    cyo86lj9xkqw.jpg
    Hugs to all that need one!
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

Rebecca, what are you using to hold the avocado above water on that jar? I tried it with toothpicks this summer and never got mine to root. I did one in the past and had a two foot tree growing, but then moved so had to give it up.

RV Rita
  • kevrit
    Flu shot i had a reaction from it for the first time in 20 years! Asthma attack and feel like I have a small cold. Was sick all day yesterday. Not bad today, just a little raw throat and allergy nose.

tight clothes after losing so much and holding, my jeans are a little snug.(lost 60 pounds gained back 10) Not giving in and buying new clothes! Cheaper to lose weight.

Must watch budget with new car payment!
    yz6d3uwm227d.jpeg
    5f0roy6omqss.jpeg

RV rita
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    Faye - My father was the dish washer. My mother always said she didn't need to buy a mechanical one! :D He was also the fancy cook. My first husband did his fair share. We were featured in Homes and Gardens in the early 70s as an equal chore couple. :o:p This one reckons it's fair exchange for my delicious meals. <3 He cleans up the kitchen every night. He doesn't always clean the hob, but I don't mention it. I just tell him all the time how wonderful he is. :o He is a much better dishwasher loader than me, I hardly ever touch it. Not sure how to work it.
    I like my men to be domestic gods.
    For my contribution I made him his very favourite calves liver. He was in heaven!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 350 Member
    Pip
    The small trailer is cute. It will be tight at beginning but you will get used to it.

Grandmaille
    My condolences on you losing a friend.

Well my day is going good only wanted to catch up.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,678 Member
    3 in a row ,its tough ..so sorry for their families.. David the last one was especially hard he left 3 young grandchildren... he and his wife took a great trip out west last summer aftrr his diagnosis.. last time I saw him I gave him a huge hug.. and a smooch on the cheek ..he knew it was a goodbye...
    I did text him about 2 months ago and told him i was praying for him .. he gave me a hug sign and strong arm sign
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,781 Member
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • pipcd34
    edited September 2020
    Stats for the day-

1st ride outside since we moved here

Zwift bike trainer- Apple Watch- 1hr 7min 22sec, 16.5amph, 833elev, 141ahr, 18.54mi= 655c
    Strava app- 424c
    Outside riding, to store n back, Apple Watch- 1hr, 30min, 45sec, 11amph, 114ahr, 117elev, 16.69mi= 557c
    Strava app= 324c

Total cal 1212

Wired going from riding 52 weeks a year to one time in 2 months
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Hello,

@Yvonne, thanks I hope you feel uplifted in spirit soon too. I miss hugs and physical contact too. with a friend I might touch his or her elbow in a normal life situation...

@Vicki, I would also like life to get back to normal.

(((Allie))) I'm so sorry about your friend.

@Barbara, thank you. I slept badly last night but tomorrow should be better. Rainy today and yesterday but not terribly cold. It has barely rained for months, which is not typical, so I can't complain about the rain. Ha, ha, my neighbours invited me to their place just across the corridor but I invited them to a coffee shop in reciprocity! I used to have people over spontaneously rather often but I'm not keeping up with keeping place very welcoming.

@Ginny, I hope you feel better, in terms of digestion.
    jul

@Sh0tzz99 gluten seems to be a major issue for my gut, not just wheat. I've done many tries, hoping mind over matter or something would work. also sometimes accidentally ate gluten without knowing it and had dramatic results on gut. Example: I was at this 5 day residential workshop with about 60 people and good kitchen people. they had a GF table. in the middle of the 5 days, I had a major runs all day. I figured surely there must be a stomach bug going around, and others would get it soon. But no-one else was ill. in fact they had accidentally put something with Gluten on GF table and I had some. they told me the next day. I've had several experiences somewhat similar over the years so I don't have much doubt. I would love for that to not be the case, but still I figure it's much less worrisome than peanut, strawberry, shellfish allergies, which are immediately life-threatening. I have a friend who's allergic to soy and has to carry an epipen at all times. at least intolerance is not like that.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    Machka - Just been watching a TV programme about Tasmanian cuisine. Featured all the fruits, especially apricots. Plus wallaby meat, salmon, and abalone.

Absolutely terrible weather today. Heavy rain. Hope it's better tomorrow.

Sorry Kate UK , that you are having such a bad time. I know you are under lockdown. The change in the weather hasn't helped.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Did 30 Minutes to Fitness Body Shop DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Firm’s Ultimate Fat Burning Workout DVD.

Worked then we did some work outside. See, there is this drainage pipe under our driveway. It’s always been a pain to mow the lawn near it so we got some rock to put on either end. We had no idea it would be such a project! Evidently, the people who built this house put bricks in the pipe (why, we’re not sure). There is so much dirt in the pipe and it’s hard to get out since the pipe is under the driveway. Vince is thinking that he’ll cement two 10’ pieces of PVC pipe, put some sort of cap on it so the dirt doesn’t go into the PVC, then hopefully we can push the dirt to one side and then shovel it out. So we may go to Lowe’s Hardware tonight to get the pipe. It would be nice if we could get the fire dept. to use their powerful hose and push the dirt out. But I’d never call them for something like this. It started to rain so we came in. Even before I took a shower, I exercised.

I tell you, I really hand it to you ladies who work full time, keep house, and still manage to get exercise in.

Barbie – I’m leaving the installation of a gate (the need for one) up to them. Denise works in a daycare so she’s well aware of it. I don’t think Pete would take kindly to our installing it for them. So I’ll just leave it be. I’m sure Denise would say something if the need arises. I know she mentioned about the gate at the bottom of the steps but Pete didn’t get around to putting it in. PJ took a tumble (we all know that kids are made of steel with a rubber coating) and Pete felt so bad.

Tracey
    – I honestly don’t know if gates are recommended for the tops of stairs. I just know that if it were me, I would want one there. But it’s not my house. If they don’t want to put holes in the walls, I would even want one of those wooden ones that use pressure to keep it in place. But that’s me. Of course, I would never have gotten a 3-story house either. We used to live in the Poconos and the colors were spectacular! They’re pretty down here, but not like up there

Deb
    – welcome back! So glad you’re here

Mjkerik
    – welcome! We’d love to have you come back lots and lots

Rita – beautiful car. Best of luck with it. Why is everyone getting a new car and I’m not?????

Allie – so sorry about your friend

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2020
    Kim: Sending good thoughts for Levi and a successful trip to the vet.. :star:

Fae: Nice sandals! :bigsmile:

Helloquilts: Welcome to a great group! :smiley:

Rita: Good looking car! :star:

(((Allie))): So sorry about the loss of your dear friend to pancreatic cancer. :cry:

We have a glimmer of sunshine outside. YAY!!!

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,036 Member
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    Making frozen treats for yogi now. The dog bone an paw molds came in., we’ll c how they come out