WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,023 Member
    :heart:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    Saturday will be the MS Inside Out Bike Ride. They cancelled the actual ride so it’s a virtual one this year, either on a bike trainer or outside. So far I’ve done over 120 miles but I will try to do 60 mikes on Saturday, outside on the local bike traile at the park. Going to see how long the trail is one way so I can know how many laps I will need to do to get 60 miles
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    here, I taught my first class yesterday, all were masked. it was good to teach live.

they are closing things down more here. Restaurants and cafés have to close at 10pm here. People generally start eating at 8pm, and Paris is a very evening-active place. That would be somewhat comparable to restaurants closing at, say, 8:30 pm in the usa. you can eat, but not linger, nor be on the late side.

There were a lot of major strikes and protests just before the lockdown here: students and higher ed teachers and civil servants massively on strike repeatedly for months. We had severe, strict lockdown for 2 months. Then there was little follow up and tracing of first cases after lockdown. It seemed like planned through waves, heard immunity approach, that they wanted the summer to be open but to avoid any protests in the fall. Now, once again, no more than 10 people together in public spaces. And it's very possible that schools will close again in a few weeks. some are already closed.

I am thinking of buying an exercise bike or rowing machine, as the days will be shorter and weather cooler, (harder to have time to get exercise- a walk or fast walk- during daylight hours), but I have quite a few other more obligatory expenses.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    sleep is not good at all these days.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,637 Member
    Morning ladies
    Alfie woke me up twice during the night had to get him out to pee and then he got back up and decided to poop in the living room.ugh..
    I got it picked up and cleaned..
    Faith slept most of the day yesterday here is hoping she is a bit more awake today..
    Will go out and get her newspaper in a bit she usually sleeps until 7:30- 8 am.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Faith is so lucky to have you take care of her. I’m sure you make things better and improve her quality of life. ❤️
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,820 Member
    AWwww! Heather is that Edie?! Such a sweet pic!
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited September 2020
    Beautiful cool morning here. Off to the PCP later today to do yearly blood tests and see if I need to see cancer doctors or if I can skip them for this year.

WAIST- The more I study the word the more confused I get. By definition, it means the narrowest part of the area between the rib cage bottom and hips or the narrowest part of an hourglass, violin, or guitar. By that definition, the waist in humans could then vary depending on belly fat. Navel location can vary so that isn't always the natural waist. With all these variables, I wonder how the word "pantywaist" got started. ;)

Fae o:)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    B)
  • lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 331 Member
    Well another day to do whatever we want lets make it a good positive day.

see you lighter
    Linda in Northern Ontario
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    HEATHER ~ Edie is a beauty. Lover her smile and hair.

• Debbiebert
    Debbiebert Posts: 27 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Faye: The air here has been washed, too. It is delightful to breathe smoke free air. I hope there is enough rain to put out all of the fires. Our current AQI is 17, and is good. :bigsmile: Regarding posts, I open the thread on the left side of my computer screen and pull up my word document on the right side. I can see both at the same time. I love the flexibility. :star:

Heather: It is 57.4 Fahrenheit here, and the ground is wet, but it isn’t actually raining at the moment. My Convert app says that equals 14.11111 Celsius. The forecast is for light rain showers. I hope the smoke gets washed out of the air all over the state. :star:

Debbiebert: Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I need to get pain pills for the dog today. I’ve already called the order into the vet’s office & will go there at about 10 am to pick them up. His surgery for the cancer lesion is coming up a week from tomorrow. I hope it all goes very well. We hope to enjoy his company for several more years.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Thank you
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Busy! Year end stuff at work. Assignment due in 2 weeks. 4 appointments this week.

Pouring rain today ...

Today (Friday) I had the first of 3 dental appointments to crown a problematic tooth. I hour ... and after 6 injections of local anaesthetic, I lost count of how many she gave me. One particular nerve would not "freeze". So she did as much work as she could and took moulds and things for the crown, then put a temporary thing all over it.

She'll try again on the next appointment, and if that nerve won't "freeze", then we'll go the nitrous oxide route. I've had to go that route once before.

My husband met me at the dentist and rode the bus home with me. He had picked up a few garden things.

By the time I got home, I was exhausted. I told him I wasn't going to nap, I was just going to lie down on the sofa to watch a show before dinner.

1.5 hours later, I woke up. I guess I was tired!

And for the next 2 weeks, I need to eat soft food. So it was soup, ice cream, yogurt, and thinly sliced cheese this evening. Not a lot of each because I didn't feel brilliant.

8 hours since the local anaesthetics, and the numbness is finally mostly gone. Mostly ... not all.

Chilly, wet, and windy weekend ahead. Guess I'll work on that last assignment!

But I'm going to go to bed shortly.

Machka in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    Heather - Edie is beautiful as a newborn and last year. Can't wait to see a picture of your visit today. Enjoy.

Faye - my husband wears his pants under his belly button and calls that his waist. It seems that it's a hard spot to narrow down.

Today is pizza day at work for staff appreciation. 25 pizzas were ordered yesterday to be delivered at different times throughout the day to accommodate for different shifts.

Tonight our Grandson is having a sleepover, he has asked for homemade pizza for supper, I told him that probably wouldn't happen so he is thinking on it today and will let me know. He wants something he can help make, I think I'll try to convince him that pancakes and bacon would be a good supper he could help with.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    Iii