Let me know you a little better

Options

Replies

• Callousedthoughts
    Callousedthoughts Posts: 2,090 Member
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    I feel other people’s sadness so deeply it feels like my own. Humour is used to protect my heart so when I’m funniest, it usually means something painful or deeply sad is happening.

I struggle telling people I care about them. It often comes off mom-like with questions about sleep or eating habits. A few friends reading this will have a lightbulb moment when they read this. 😆

When I was young I felt certain that I was born in the wrong era. I still feel that from time to time.
    rnslj0j745rs.gif

• rickifaidley
    rickifaidley Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    I feel other people’s sadness so deeply it feels like my own. Humour is used to protect my heart so when I’m funniest, it usually means something painful or deeply sad is happening.

I struggle telling people I care about them. It often comes off mom-like with questions about sleep or eating habits. A few friends reading this will have a lightbulb moment when they read this. 😆

When I was young I felt certain that I was born in the wrong era. I still feel that from time to time.

I feel this so much. I always say this. I don’t really fit in with my generation, I don’t do any form of social media (except this) and I don’t necessarily agree with the women empowerment move around me or what I see because most of it is radical and so harsh. I believe in building each other up, not tearing each other down and that’s what most of this society is like now sadly. Ignorance is bliss sometimes. I’m a firm believer of how the old traditional woman worked (Taking care for the house, her husband, make home cooked food) and I’m fine with that and not everyone may agree but that’s fine. That’s kinda why I don’t feel like I belong with this generation.

Being a teenager during the 90s looked like a fun era.
    I wouldn’t go any further than that.

My dad always said the 80s were good too. Now I was born in 96 so I grew up in the 2000-2010 era. I always liked to see old pictures of everyone always dressed up real nice 50s. Imagine going to a restaurant where everyone goes to hang out after school cause it’s the cool place and drink a glass bottle of coke. I don’t know that always seemed so much better than the electronic era where everyone relies on cell phones and no one likes face to face contact and socially awkward.

I like the fact that you had to wait till you got home to talk to someone on the phone. You got to miss them, wondered what they were up to. Now all you have to do is check on social media..everyone’s at your fingertips. It’s obnoxious... if you don’t reply within the half hour they are offended.

Seemed more laid back then.

Oh and I hated 2009ish style of clothes. The lil Wayne era...when guys pants got extremely tighter. women wore those big belts around their belly.

90s cluesless era of clothing. 😍
    90s Aliyah.

Totally Agree!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    The 70's were the best years to be a teenager. I think. From what I can remember about them. :blush:
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    The 70's were the best years to be a teenager. I think. From what I can remember about them. :blush:

I agree! ❤️
  • fitnessinmy30s
    fitnessinmy30s Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Ummm let’s see - well I ate way too many tacos tonight and I’m currently rubbing my belly telling it everything is going to be okay.....
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    You’d not know it by looking at me, but I’m slowly getting into Gothic Horror. Not the 90s goth with black makeup and stringy hair, but the capital R Romance off shoot. The tragedy! The drama! The suspense! I love it! (Definitely need to catch up on some major voids in this area - like I have yet to read Frankenstein, have read Dracula though!)
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    You’d not know it by looking at me, but I’m slowly getting into Gothic Horror. Not the 90s goth with black makeup and stringy hair, but the capital R Romance off shoot. The tragedy! The drama! The suspense! I love it! (Definitely need to catch up on some major voids in this area - like I have yet to read Frankenstein, have read Dracula though!)

I love Dracula, that’s such a great book
  • Finishiitnow
    Finishiitnow Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    j8sb41xgdckw.jpg
    Big progress!
  • BrustMannEiner
    BrustMannEiner Posts: 360 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I'm a workaholic. And, in person, I'm a complete bleep who holds nothing back when I have an opinion.

Edit- hmmm, my bad, I though that would have been changed to *kitten* or whatever it is.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    j8sb41xgdckw.jpg
    Big progress!

your teeth are so white!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    j8sb41xgdckw.jpg
    Big progress!

Now that's how you bump a thread 😍
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    I am constantly watering down my feelings with certain things. I'm constantly in self preservation mode.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I have always and probably will always be suspicious of all types of authority.
  • Finishiitnow
    Options
    j8sb41xgdckw.jpg
    Big progress!

your teeth are so white!

I have a big mouth and I am always smiling, so I try my best to have spotless teeth. Thank you for noticing it😘
  • Finishiitnow
    edited September 2020
    Options
    j8sb41xgdckw.jpg
    Big progress!

Now that's how you bump a thread 😍

This app made phenomenal transformations in my life.🥰
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    I used to be friends on MySpace with the guy who played Donkeylips on Salute Your Shorts.

he was actually dabbling in a rap career at the time.
    we even chatted a few times about life and stuff. super nice dude.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    j8sb41xgdckw.jpg
    Big progress!

your teeth are so white!

I have a big mouth and I am always smiling, so I try my best to have spotless teeth. Thank you for noticing it😘
    You're welcome😊 Any tips on how I can get my teeth to look that?
  • jamloche
    jamloche Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    7ej88mdijeug.jpg

Submechanophobia [ sub-meh-kan-uh-foh-bee-uh ] - noun Psychiatry The irrational fear of man made objects that are submerged or partially submerged in water.

I might be able to approach this thing in a boat, but there's no chance I'm swimming anywhere near it.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi guys hope your all well . Well my life is pretty great with family . But I have let myself go and my fitness has suffered trying to get bk into it for better quality of life and for me to feel confident in my own skin

welcome cap, thats why we’re all here, to better ourselves