NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @teresaw1020 I laughed about your allergies vs covid line. My dh does the same thing and I'm constantly glaring at him. He keeps saying, it's my allergies. Today a lady sneezed and I ran by real quick holding my breath. I haven't figured out the color yet. it will be some kind of "greige". We have 5 samples on the wall now. I'm not really feeling any of them, but I think I'm just going to have to pick one. I'm going from a dark rust to that. lol. But I've decided to mix all these colors together and make one big can of paint for my old entertainment center. I was going to repaint it and move it into my bedroom for storage. You not paying $500 for a chair reminded me of myself with shoes. I can't find ones I like. If I like them then my size is sold out. My hubby picked up a pair and I looked at the price and said I'm not paying that for shoes. These are my everyday shoes I'm looking for. They all look like old lady shoes. Mom shoes. Yes, I know how old I am but...... I'm still supposed to be doing shoulder exercises for posture and need to do something about my own computer and phone which is probably causing the problem.

@trooworld. Happy Birthday. 25% today. I can feel it though. I've heard so much about Cincinnati Chili. One day I want to try and make it. I can't believe it's almost Halloween. What one thing did you do right today for your health?

@mswatson0777. I always "feel" it the day after I do too much movement. Totally wiped out today. I've had two days over 10,000 steps and then the following day my feet and legs hurt plus I'm tired and I usually don't make good decisions on those days. I'm good at about 8000 steps plus I can still lose weight as long as I get the food right. Still working on that. One of my videos I do has a lot of jumping and stuff and I always modify because of my right knee. I still burn calories though.

@its_cleo Yaaay on being able to go back to the gym. If you can figure out the food thing, let me know. I'm having to dig deep on this one right now. Are any of your meals healthy? Start there.

@cbabie. Sorry about the lost post. I also learned don't try and add a pic here til after I've posted. I lost a post that way. I'm sure walking outside has been so good for the both of you.

Yellow Day. Went Over. 192/164. Intentional Movement: Rest Day

September goals. Green dot day. :( Drink 6 glasses of water. :| Burn 250 cals via exercise. *** Preplan food. :(

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! <3 Your birthday dinner and that cake sound amazing!! I hope you have a great day. Haha, I have a very good friend who LOVES Halloween. I picked her up for ladies Bible study this past Tuesday and she is wearing her black skeleton T-shirt and her skeleton earrings. Cracks me up!! :grin: I can’t decorate for fall or Halloween because I have no place to store the decorations. I have wayyyyyy too much Christmas! :p

@mswatson0777 I’m glad that your knee is feeling better. Just go slow with it. I use a product called Blue Emu that is really good for joint pain that I rub it on my knees every day. I’m convinced that it really helps. That is great news that you found dumbbells! I'm still on the hunt for 20 pounders. Check out LIIFT4 on BOD. I have done that one twice. I love Joel! ;)

@its_cleo I agree that taking breaks is important when sitting at the computer. I have a tendency to slouch and lean forward, which is not good from all that I have read. The cushion I bought and raising the computer screen seems to be a huge help. That is great that you were able to get to the gym and have a good workout. Just be careful! :)

@cbabie I just sat up straighter reading your post! Re-training myself to have good posture is going to be a struggle. Bummer about losing your post. What device do you use to type your post? I always type my messages in Word that I have minimized so I can see the person I’m replying to and then I paste it into the message box.

@theslightedgeforever Girl, we are too young for old lady shoes!! When I was really suffering from foot issues it was so hard to find cute shoes that didn’t look like I was an 80-year-old woman. Now I just live in flip-flops or sneakers. Ohhh and boots!! It almost boots season. :grin:

Good morning! Well, I had a much better day yesterday with my food and the scale was down this morning. Today will be another very low carb day with Italian sausage links and peppers for dinner. I will add a side of pasta for DH and mom. So I did my first yoga workout yesterday and I really liked it! I watched it on my laptop so I could have the screen down on the floor with me. I was surprised by how easily I could do most of the moves. I think doing Barre for those 8 weeks really helped me with my balance. I’m looking forward to seeing what today’s workout will be. The rest of the day will be chill. College football starts today so my DH will be glued to his TV and I might start a new puzzle because I finished this bad boy yesterday!! B)

gx5uji5ig1za.jpg
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @cbabie That is the absolutely worst when a post disappears! Sorry the edit button foiled your!

@its_cleo Sounds like you're making some amazing progress. It is always frustrating when we backslide due to injuries but you're definitely making some big steps to rebuild your strength!

@theslightedgeforever The food is absolutely the hardest part, I agree! I've never had a problem with movement because I love how I feel during and after, but boy do I struggle trying to stay within calories, especially on the weekend.

@Teresa1020 I'll definitely check him out as soon as they come in! They aren't expected to arrive for another week or two, but once they do I'm diving into everything. That puzzle is amazing, how many pieces was it and how long did it take you?? And I bet barre did help immensely with yoga! All that strength, flexibility, and balance is awesome. I specifically ordered some 2 pounders so I could give it a try.

So happy it's the weekend! I went to bed early and slept for almost 9 hours so I started the day off walking the dogs and diving into my 12 page paper I want to knock out this weekend. I've already made a ton of progress on it which feels great. I think I can use a lot of it for my dissertation too so it doesn't feel like a waste of time which is nice.

My SO and I are going to hit up a patio for brunch and do mimosa flights (I pre-tracked them and am thankful mimosa's aren't super calorie dense). They also have a veggie packed root vegetable hash with braised short ribs that I'm excited to try. We might also do an outdoor movie viewing with some friends tonight (our one friend set up an outdoor screen and projector so it's a really cool social distancing activity). I'm going to miss it once winter hits, MN winters are NO JOKE!
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020. Yaaay on the scale being down. Red Day for me tomorrow. I need to start doing more than one red day a week and really follow the program as written. It works. My mom used to use that Blue Emu stuff. I have very wide feet which doesn't help the issue. I might just have to suck it up and wear what I consider old lady shoes. Ah, to think I used to walk in heels for everything. Wow on the puzzle. It's so big it looks like a blanket. lol

@mswatson0777. So raise your weekend calorie goal and lower your midweek calorie goal so it all balances out. That way it fits within your lifestyle. You don't feel guilty because you went over. That keeps up the motivation because you were successful. Think of it like money. If you get paid weekly, you don't need to spend the same amount each day of the week. It's okay to spend less on some days and more on other days as long as you don't overspend your weekly paycheck. Yaaay on doing part of the paper. My dd loves her MN winters. Crazy. I'd rather sweat than freeze.

@trooworld. Happy Birthday. I got 25%

Green Day: Stayed OP. 176/238. Intentional Exercise: 60 min walking

September goals. Green dot day. o:) Drink 6 glasses of water. :| Burn 250 cals via exercise. o:) Preplan food. :(

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @mswatson0777 Yeah, it was terrible. Thank you, it was a great day yesterday! Allow me to show you how it is different (see picture). Actually, I will also tell you in words: it is served over spaghetti, you boil the ground beef in beef broth before adding the rest of the ingredients (which include a little vinegar, unsweetened chocolate, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice among other things), you put a big pile of cheddar cheese on top of your serving, and there is hardly any tomato product in it (just 15 oz of tomato sauce in the whole dish). I'm glad your knee is feeling better! And yay for finding dumbbells online, I hope you didn't have to overpay for them. Your brunch outing sounds fun, I hope you enjoy it. So does an outdoor movie!

@its_cleo Thanks! Kids don't come here either, nobody does lol. The decorations are for ME! ;) That's good you got to the gym. Hopefully, work picks up.

@cbabie That's good you have been outside, fresh air is good for you. No, it wasn't expensive. Thanks!

@theslightedgeforever Oh I was terrible at water yesterday: 10%. Here's my recipe, if you ever want to make it: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/206953/authentic-cincinnati-chili/ Yesterday, I skipped a meal to try to conserve calories for dinner. I guess that is about the healthiest thing I did. How about you? Thanks re: birthday wishes.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you so much! It was really, really good. She's all set for Halloween already??? It's only September! lol I really don't have that many Halloween decorations but I did just buy some more. I love sausage and peppers, that is a delicious meal. Wow, that puzzle is killer! That must have been hard.

Hi all. I had a nice birthday yesterday. My husband gave me a meditation cushion and Tibetan singing bowl and so I sat out on the walkway and meditated for 20 minutes to start my day. I think I will try to do that every day. Time with family was nice. We didn't put up decorations yet, we hope to do it today.

COMMITTED.
    September goals: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day

5o9t15x2wxs5.jpg
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all..rainy day here today, so probably won't do much. Spent yesterday finding 3 more Freedom Rocks. (there is an artist in IA that is painting one big rock in each county to honor veterans. Usually they have a flag on them & sometimes paintings of veterans from that county. Others have flags & patriotic scenes.) We have found 9 so far. There are 99 counties, but they aren't all done. It might be a nice day trip this winter to find a few more. So much better than just sitting in the house due to Covid, lol.

@trooworld Happy Birthday!! Glad you had a nice day. Your chili looks good. Glad you got your car fixed with an easy fix. Meditating every morning sounds like a great way to start your day.

@cbabie Glad you are getting out & walking. I really enjoy that more than the treadmill.

@theslightedgeforever I laughed when you said you used to wear heels all the time. I never have been able to (or maybe just didn't want to, lol). I used to live in clogs. (the Scandinavian kind with wood soles :D ) I kinda like winter, because I sweat so much, more than anyone else!) I always figure I can put more clothes on, but there is a limit to how much I can take off! ;):) Good luck with staying more on plan.

@TeresaW1020 wow, that is a big puzzle!! Seeing it made me think of the ones I was doing on the I-pad, so I logged in & started a new one. Its been awhile!

@mswatson0777 Hope you had a good time with your friends. The outdoor movie sounded fun. The roasted root vegetables sounded awesome. I forgot you were in MN, for some reason I thought you were in Canada.

I have been doing well with my walking, my average steps per day for Sept is around 11,000. (some days more, some less) My food is OK. I am trying to leave some calories each day so I should lose, but slowly. I don't feel deprived doing it this way. This last week, we painted all the white trim on the house, cleaned carpets, & went out to farm to pick pumpkins & move the stuff (fence posts, etc) from the shed area so we can get a new shed. It is ordered, but won't be here for 6-8 weeks. Probably go back this week to clean up some more trees.

You guys reminded me, I need to get out my Halloween decorations. I used to always have light up pumpkins in the window all Oct. I don't do it anymore, tho, because gson's birthday is right around then, so we are usually in OK & I figure it is a big advertisement that we are gone if all of a sudden the pumpkins are not lit, lol. Not sure if we will be going there this year, tho.

Here is a picture of our "big" pumpkin crop. So disappointing!!! Oops, doing something wrong, so not getting it. But we got about 6 gourd/pumpkin things (not sure what they are) & about 20 gourds out of a 40x60' patch. The neighbor said it was so dry this year that the creeks were drying up, so I think the vines had died before the weeds took over & the derecho finished it off. Oh well, that's "farming", lol.

Hope everyone has a great day & week.

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld. Thanks for sharing the pic. It looks yummy. It kind of reminded me of the chili mac my Mom used to get at Steak N Shake. Today was a good day. Got in 100%. So tell me about the Tibetan singing bowl. I know what's in my mind, but that is not it, I'm sure.

@retiredandlovingit. Yaaay on your walking. You sound like all that work should burn off lots of calories and help you lose some weight. So neat about the rocks. I loved clogs too. My dh would always say I was too noisy walking. Wasn't me. It was the shoes. Sorry about your pumpkin patch.

Red Day. Stayed OP. 99/100. Intentional Movement. Rest day (but I got in 30 min movement at the mall by accident)

September goals. Green dot day. o:) Drink 6 glasses of water. o:) Burn 250 cals via exercise. o:) Preplan food. o:)

• trooworld
    @RetiredAndLovingIt I love rainy days. We don't get them very often but I love them. I did have a nice day! And the chili was really good, worth the effort. Great step count average! Sorry about your pumpkin patch, that must have been disappointing.

@theslightedgeforever Wow, great job with the water! Well, there are a lot of CLAIMS behind the Tibetan singing bowls, but they are used for stress relief and to start and end meditations. The sound is kind of relaxing. Some people claim they somehow aid in pain relief and balance the body's energy system. Here is a picture of the one my husband got me.

Hello all! We've started the process of putting up the Halloween decorations. I have 3 Lemax Spooky Town buildings (miniature buildings) that I put out with miniature Halloween-themed figurines. Yesterday, we decided we needed some tombstones so I ordered a tombstone set off of Etsy. I also bought a couple of trees from Michaels. This is all set out on our little dining room table. I'll post a picture once it is set up properly. In other news, last night I was finally able to put my utensil down between bites! It felt pretty amazing to have that kind of control. ;)

COMMITTED.
    September goals: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day

f4go5c7htlv9.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    @mswatson0777 That is good that you ordered 2 lbs. for Barre. I tried it at first with my 3 lbs and it was wayyyy too difficult. That program looks easy but it’s not! Your brunch sounds wonderful and how much fun to have outdoor movie fun with your friends. Yeah, I totally don’t envy your winters. Enjoy your time outdoors while you can. :)

@theslightedgeforever The puzzle is 60 x 40 so yeah it could be a blanket. :D Are the Red Day your low carb day? I’m trying to do at least 4 days low carb and the rest either medium or high carb days.

@trooworld That chili looks great! I put the recipe on my Pinterest board and will definitely make it. I made chili on Sunday and it was very good. Of course, it was my high carb day because I can’t eat chili without Jiffy cornbread. :grin:

@RetiredAndLovingIt Those Freedom Rocks sound awesome. Post a pic for us to see them! I’m glad that I inspired you to do a puzzle. :grin:

Good morning! Today will be a busy one. I have to take mom to a heart doc appointment and then over to the tag office so she can get her handicap plaque for parking. I admit that it’s nice to have because she tires out so easily and with holiday shopping about to happen it will be very handy. This afternoon I’m going to the dentist for a cleaning but more importantly, I want him to decide what to do with this aching tooth of mine. Hot and cold affect it so much and yesterday in church it was throbbing from singing and I don’t sing that loudly! I did great on my plan yesterday by fasting 22 hours. I have also decided to work on getting more protein and a little less fat in my diet. It’s not a full tweak. Just a little baby tweak. :D
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Very discouraged this morning. Had a great week. Ate well Friday went over calories but that was 1 day. Got my steps in every day except yesterday. Only had 1 beer Friday night. Other then the walking ran 1 day and did some weights so yes I could definitely up my exercise. Step on the scale this morning and my weight is up 4 lbs. 😞
  • mswatson0777
    @trooworld That chili looks phenomenal! I'm so glad to hear your birthday way wonderful! Also, I love your Halloween decorations. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays even as an adult!

@renaegry Screw the scale! You are doing great, keep up the good habits!

@TeresaW1020 So sorry to hear about your tooth, that sounds so painful! I hope your dentist is able to help!

@RetiredandLovingIt Wow, sounds like you had an insanely productive weekend! I always want to decorate for holidays too but time gets away from me. I figured I'd something I can start to do once grad school is over. We also usually don't give out candy since our dogs are so loud and overwhelming. I tried it one year and it was just too much (plus, let's be real. I binged on all the candy!)

@theslightedgeforever I tried the different calorie goals, but dropping below 2000 always leads to a binge so it's a fine line.

Happy Monday All! I'm having trouble getting motivated for the work day today. Yesterday was glorious. I got my 12 page draft done and then I proceeded to cook an entire turkey and a low-cal apple pie! I did get into the snacks a little too much and I didn't do any movement, but with everything else I accomplished I'm not feeling bad about it. I also got a great workout in this morning to kick off the week which felt great. I took friday off which I'm really excited about. A three day weekend will definitely do me good!

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld. Good for you for putting your utensil down between bites. I went and looked up the singing bowl. At one point I was thinking, I bet that takes a lot of effort, I bet my arm would hurt and is there an automated kind. I think I missed the whole point. :D I do like the sound though. Very calming. I got 100% today.

@teresaw1020. Red Days are the lowest carb day. 100. It ranges from one a week to four a week in a month. Yaaaay on 22 hours of fasting.

@renaegry. I have so been there. That in turn gives me the "why should I bother" attitude because it's not working anyway. But we know this is just a little minor setback. The scale is not your success. Your habits are. No one can take away all the hard work you put in this past week. If you keep at it, you will see a big WHOOSH soon. On the other hand if you let the disappointment derail you, those 4 will turn into 6 and maybe into 8 or 10. You got this.

@mswatson0777. I listen to a podcast called Focus on This https://focusonthispodcast.com/podcast/page/6/ It's every Monday and it's all about getting the stuff done that you want to get done. About not hating Mondays. I went back and started with week 1. When you wrote Happy Monday, it made me think about this. Yaaay on your workout. It's nice to count the small wins we do each day and each week. We usually tend to focus on the things that we don't get done. Each day gives us a chance to start fresh and new.

Green Day- Stayed OP 195/238. Intentional Movement: 15 day YouTube video

September goals. Green dot day. o:) Drink 6 glasses of water. o:) Burn 250 cals via exercise. :| Preplan food. o:)

• trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Yeah it's really good. Some people eat it without spaghetti, so it could still fit into your low-carb life. ;) Jiffy! I love Jiffy. I hope the dentist gets your tooth sorted out. I love how you keep doing micro tweaks to your plan to make it work for YOU!

@renaegry That sucks, I'm sorry.

@mswatson0777 Thanks! The chili was really, really good, and worth the effort. Halloween is my 2nd favorite holiday (Christmas is my favorite!). I have days like that where I don't want to work. It's hard to get through those days!

@theslightedgeforever It's not easy putting my utensil down. I posted about the singing bowl yesterday. Didn't you see my post? I posted a picture of my actual singing bowl. Yeah, I don't know how much I will use it, it may just be decorative. :D I got 50% yesterday, WTG on your 100%! I think this is helping us to do this.

Hello everyone! Yesterday I managed to put down my utensil between bites 50% of the time. That's pretty good. I went to a thrift store with a friend and then went for iced tea and sat outside at the coffee shop with my friend and just chatted. This is very unusual behavior for me. I usually don't meet up with friends and since COVID, I don't sit at restaurants and coffee shops (I did 2 times early on but stopped when I realized how risky it was). It was nice to see my friend whom I hadn't seen in quite a while. Today, I go to be evaluated by the pain management doctor. We'll see how that goes.

COMMITTED.
  • TeresaW1020
    @mswatson0777 Congrats on getting your 12-page draft done! Cooking a whole turkey! You can’t wait for Thanksgiving? :grin: I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Do you have plans? :)

@theslightedgeforever I know you sent me info on exactly what you are doing, but if you have it available can you send it again? I have Googled but there is lots of info on carb cycling and right now I’ve just been doing my own thing. :p

@trooworld That is great that you were able to put your utensil down between bites. I am the worst at that and just shovel my food in. I have so many bad behaviors that it’s no wonder I am overweight. :grin I’m glad that you got out and had some fun with your friend!

Good morning! Well, the dentist took an x-ray and thinks I might have a small hairline crack in the tooth causing me so much pain. I have to go today at 3:30 to an endodontist to be evaluated. If I need a root canal, he will do that and then I have to go back to my dentist for a crown. I’m trying not to complain about the money and be thankful that we can afford it. But I sure would rather spend that money on something more fun! The really great news is that both my dentist and hygienist were amazed at how little plaque I had on my teeth. I haven’t seen them since last November and I usually go every 4 months for a cleaning. Thanks to IF (and yes that is a real perk!), they said I can now go twice a year. That will save me money! :grin: OK, I have to go workout and then meet a man up at the church to finally get the bats out of our attic. :o
  • mswatson0777
    @theslightedgeforever I'm a podcast junkie so I'm definitely downloading that one. Do you listen to the Rachel Hollis podcast at all? She's got a 90 day challenge starting Oct. 1st and she focuses a lot on habits so it may be up your alley. I always try to be a glass half full person. I don't always succeed, but it's how I want to live my life so I fake it til I make it lol.

@TeresaW1020 We end up doing ham wrapped in dough on thanksgiving since my husband has a VERY Russian/German heritage, but I stock up on turkeys around that time of year to cook throughout the year since they're just fun, we even did the wishbone (I won!). Spending money on dental stuff is no fun. I always hate how expensive it is even with decent insurance.

@trooworld I hope everything goes well at the doctor's office and they're able to create a good pain management plan for you. We've also been very cautious about going out. We only do patios, we always wear our masks when servers are near, and we only eat there if it's fairly deserted. I'm glad you were able to find a small way to connect with your friend.

Today started out pretty great. My friend woke up early to join me for a workout over Zoom. We used to be roommates and do P90X together, so we did a flashback workout with Cardio X. I was sweating pretty good so I must have been doing something right!

Today is gearing up to be a very busy day at work (when is it not honestly?), but I do get to leave a bit early for my therapy appointment which I'm excited about. I'm also looking forward to a long walk with the dogs tonight since the weather was too crummy for us to get out yesterday (and they were going absolutely stir crazy because of it!).

• theslightedgeforever
    edited September 2020
    @trooworld. Yes, I read your post about it. I wanted to hear the sound it made. I got 25% today. Hopefully all will be well with the pain management dr and he can give you some guidance. I can't wait til I can go back to restaurants with friends. I would sit with them outside like at a park so I can sit a distance away or in small groups of 2-3 at a house (just not mine because of my mil) so I can sit far from them. I eat so slowly that putting down my utensil wouldn't make much of a difference.

@teresaw1020. I'll look for the spreadsheet. I know it's there in my Drive. You could tweak the numbers if you weren't losing fast enough for you. But I was okay losing 23 in 6 months. I felt the program was easy once I started into it. I'm trying to get back into again and really commit to my red days. I seem to be able to do one or two a week, but having problems with the three and four this time around. That's made all the difference. But I will conquer this. You have bats in the belfry? :D

@mswatson0777. I read Rachel Hollis's book since everyone was talking about it but it didn't "speak to me" like other books do. Maybe the podcast would be better. That's a great fun way to use Zoom. Lots of benefits to sweaty exercise.

Yellow Day- Stayed OP 120/164. Intentional Movement: 28 min YouTube and strength training. 10 min walking 5 min shoulder stretches

September goals. Green dot day. o:) Drink 6 glasses of water. :| Burn 250 cals via exercise. o:) Preplan food. :(

• trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 I am the same way! It's a miracle that I am able to put my utensil down now. :) That's great that you can reduce the number of times you go to the dentist, that's a nice perk of IF. ;)

@mswatson0777 That's good you are being extra careful. I hope you enjoy your walk with the dogs!

@theslightedgeforever I got about 15% yesterday. I can't wait to go back to restaurants, either. It's been since March since I've eaten at a restaurant. That's good you eat that slowly. Rachel Hollis's book didn't speak to me either.

Hello all. The pain management doctor was ok. I met with a nurse practitioner. She did an assessment and said she would recommend that they try to "burn" the nerve at the base of my spine on either side of my vertebrae. It's not a permanent fix, it lasts about 6 months before the nerve grows back but I would have pain relief for 6 months. It doesn't work for everyone though. She also wants me to do physical therapy and work on losing weight. They have a weight management program in which they can offer medications. I just need to see if my insurance would cover it, if not, how much it would cost.

COMMITTED.
  • mswatson0777
    @theslightedgeforever I'd definitely check out her podcast. I think she's a way better speaker than she is a writer (and that way I can skip the topics I don't care about/don't apply to me). I enjoy listening to it when I walk because I like the extra dose of inspiration

@trooworld Burning the nerve sounds like no fun. I hope physical therapy works and that the program doesn't end up being too much out of pocket

Happy Wednesday! I'm having a hard time focusing on work today, I just feel really burned out and am really, really looking forward to my three day weekend. The weather was beautiful last night so the dogs and I took an extra long walk while I talked with my grandma on the phone.

This morning I woke up and did a P90X3 workout with a 5lb weight. You'd think 5lbs wouldn't be a big deal but my shoulders are burning! Today my goal is to get a good chunk of my paper done, I need to get that thing off my plate!

• TeresaW1020
    @mswatson0777 Depending on the workout, I’ve learned that those lighter weights can be just as much of a killer as the heavier ones are. We are having incredible weather here too and I’m hoping to spend a little time out on my new porch this afternoon. :)

@trooworld Good grief! How do you burn the nerve? It would be good if you get relief from it. How are your goals going? <3

@theslightedgeforever No hurry! I would be interested in looking at the plan a little more closely. I’ve started tracking my food on a site called Cronometer that has been interesting. It goes into a lot of detail! :)

Good morning! So, I will be having a root canal Monday morning! Not very pleased with that news or the expense, but I will be glad to have this pain finally gone. I totally blew my eating yesterday by going to Chic-Fil-A and having a wrap, fries, and a chocolate shake. Then at ladies Bible study, a woman gave me a bag of dark chocolate. DH and I ate several pieces of that while watching TV. This morning I woke up with a killer headache that felt just like I had drunk two bottles of wine. :s I did my treadmill walk and yoga today, which was all about relaxation and surprisingly that helped. Right now I’m drinking more coffee and need to go clean my floors. This is the first sunny day we have had in over a week and my floors are awful. :#
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld. I wondered if my age had something to do with the Rachel Hollis thing. I'd be leary of those medications for weight loss. I still remember FenFen. I'd try that "burn" thing though. Anything for pain relief. well almost anything. I got in 25% I'm shooting for at least double tomorrow. So my goal is 50%.

@mswatson0777. OK, I'll check out her podcast. Yaaay on your PX90. Sounds like you had a nice walk.

@teresaw1020. I sent you a DM with the link to my plan. Tweak as you wish. I had to do it now because POOF, it will be gone out of the memory soon. lol. So back to your regularly scheduled program. Now that you are in onederland, what is your next mile marker you are headed to?

Red Day- Stayed OP. 99/100. Intentional movement: 23 min walk

September goals. Green dot day. o:) Drink 6 glasses of water. :| Burn 250 cals via exercise. :| Preplan food. o:)

I need to think about my October goals.