Replies

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
    edited September 2020

JFT Tuesday 29th September

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green, weigh in tomorrow! yes, weight still going down, slowly
    Walk 46 mins? Can't remember, went out early when it was cold and foggy
    Do the admin! (I think my admin is the equivalent of @HEGoddard0928's dishwasher lol) No. Tuesday's excuse was the weather turned really nice so needed to do outside things
    Laundry yes
    Gardening yes
    Speak to hospital/care home yes, long phone call, not good news, taking mother to visit today

I have a dishwasher too, as it was in my new house when I moved in. I only use it if I have a lot of people eating here, so hardly at all this year! I think it's be used 2 or 3 times in 6 months.

JFT Wednesday 30th September

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Walk
    Do the admin! It's to rain all day so no excuse
    Ironing
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Good day on Tuesday

For Tuesday focus on the long run. Progress is the goal.

1800 Calories: 1903 and a reset from yesterday to 1853 - missed a v8
    Work out 80 minutes: 80 on the nose including a 2.36 mile walk
    Make good choices: Lost an ice cream sandwich battle and had to Jedi mind trick myself to work out
    Support my bride: Easy to do, she’s feeling better
    Eat dinner at the table and walk afterwards, both unplugged: Done and done. Longer walk with my bride. Great way to end the day [/quote]

For Wednesday finish September with a good day. Fulfill my commitments.

1900 calories:
    Work out 80 minutes:
    Make good choices:
    Support my bride:
    Eat dinner at the table and walk afterwards. Both unplugged:

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT - Tuesday Sept 29
    1L of water - :)
    Log all food - :)
    No chips - >:)
    15 minutes of activity - >:)
    Gratitude Journal - >:)

JFT - Wednesday Sept 30
    1L of water
    Log all food
    No chips
    15 minutes of activity
    Gratitude Journal

@mytime6630 - Why is it the bad habits can come back so quickly and easily but the good ones are so difficult.
    I have been doing the same thing bringing chips home again. If I don't have them home, I have them at work.
    When I was losing the weight I just didn't eat them unless I was out somewhere like a party or gathering. It was so much easier to avoid them then.

@Faebert - I don't know how parents that work are supposed to do it when their kids are sick. I hope everyone starts to feel better soon.

@bookmeister86 - What is the book called?

@littleblackskirt - Sorry the news wasn't good yesterday

@SERmom3 - I'm fortunate in that I rarely eat chocolate. Those darn chips though.

@WellingTX - At least the Jedi mind trick worked and you worked out.

I was in so much pain yesterday with my back there were several times through the day I seriously thought about going home. I stuck it out and went to the pharmacy last night and bough some Robaxicet. It helped last night and I was able to sleep. I need to take some more this morning.

• TiffanyPe17
    TiffanyPe17 Posts: 107 Member
    @WellingTX i love that y’all try and go for a walk together, that’s so sweet. I love when my husband and kids can go with me but it doesn’t happen often enough.

@Snowflake1968 I hope your back starts to feel better!
  • TiffanyPe17
    Just for today, Tuesday 9/29/20, I will

•Go for a walk ✅
    •Eat real food✅
    •Practice good self-care✅

Just for today, Wednesday 9/30/20 I will

•Go for a walk-try to go longer.
    •Be kind to myself
    Practice good self-care
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Wednesday 30 September

Log :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :) but only just!

Good morning everyone. @mytime6630 and @faebert I’m with you on the struggles and the need to take back control of food (and drink). We know we can do it as we’ve done it before but that doesn’t make it easy!

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    @Snowflake1968 This is the book: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12978083-brilliant-positive-thinking
    It's pretty good, it's make me think quite a bit. In the first chapter she gets you to think about positive and negative experiences from your life to try to understand where any negativity may be stemming from. It gave me a bit of a (not particularly pleasant) realisation that quite a lot of mine stems from (surprise surprise) childhood... Gave me food for thought! I'm only about a third of the way in at the moment, will let you know when I've finished it whether I think it's worth reading.

I'm also in the club of struggles and needing to take back control! After a good start at the start of lockdown where I lost around 6 pounds of the weight I gained last year (when I gained due to difficult times at work), I've stalled and actually keep threatening to that loss back on. I'm hoping that cutting out the weeknight alcohol will help me get some momentum going - it's not just the calories that I consume with it, it's that it often makes me more inclined to eat more as well!

We can do it if we stick together and support each other!
  • bookmeister86
    I just changed my profile picture to be a visual reminder of the fact that last year, I was fit enough and thin enough to run a half marathon (in a decent time). I've done it before, I can do it again!

For others who've gained and are trying to get back to a previous place, maybe a profile picture to inspire you similarly would be helpful?
  • TiffanyPe17

Just for today, Wednesday 9/30/20 I will

•Go for a walk-try to go longer.✅ went 2.28 miles today and I’m currently at 8,154 steps for the day!
    •Be kind to myself-✅ feeling good today
    Practice good self-care-✅

[/quote]

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    🌾🎍🌵🌴💕💖💕💖💕🌴🌵🎍🌾
    🏖🎡💕💕💖 SEPTEMBER💕💖💕🎡⛱
    🌾🎍🌵🌴💕💖💕💖💕🌴🌵🎍🌾
    What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2
      1 Aug: 149.9
      01 Sept: 149.4
      09 Sept: 149.5
      September Daily Goals: Week 5 October tomorrow.
      Tues: ✅ Wed: ✅
      Weight < 155: 1/7
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      2020:
      1 Sept 149.4
      13 Sept: 152.2 (birthday - DH)
      25 Sept: 151.4
      28 Sept: 150.0
      30 Sept: 149.4
      Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1; 24.7
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1 30.5
      Calories < in the green 🦄 2/7
      Steps > 7500 🏃🏽‍♀️ 2/7
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🦄 2/7
      Active hours > 6 daily🦄 2/7
      Positive intentions: Busy day!
      🌟Meditation 2/7
      🌟Exercise 2/7
      🌟Family Skype 0/7
      🌟Cut out/sew masks (1/7)
      🌟Gardening: 1/7 🌟Declutter🦄 2//7
      🌟Laundry 2/7 🌟Circuits 2/7
      😜Housework 7/7 🌟Plan shopping (1/7)
      🌟Shopping 1/7
      🌟Write 3 pages or 15 minutes a day 🦄 0/7
      🌟Update Journal🦄 1/7
      🌟Crochet🦄 0/7 🌟Puzzles 🦄 2/7
      🌟Watch TV🦄 2/7 🌟Read 2/7

😎Terri
    • stargirlshrinks
      stargirlshrinks Posts: 7 Member
      I'm new!

Hi everyone. I'm aiming to go from 245lbsish down to 111-120lbs. I'm also aiming to tone up. My pet peeve is treadmills and gyms right now so Im doing long walks, biking, dancing at home, and yoga at home.

Today's goal is to belly dance at home then do a few Just Dance songs with my kid.

I've been slowly gaining control of my food intake so it'll be a small portion for dinner tonight and a liter of water until bed.

Good luck everyone.
    • TiffanyPe17
      @stargirlshrinks welcome! Belly dancing sounds fun!!
    • colieblossom
      colieblossom Posts: 84 Member
      93 more days left in this year. I am commitinv to Tibetan yoga every day until 01/01/2021.
    • bookmeister86
      Second day in a row with no weeknight alcohol, quite pleased with that (and slightly perturbed that this feels like an achievement, it really shouldn't). Did have some crisps but because of no alcohol was still within calories. Overall good progress!

Still not feeling the 'freshness' I was told I would feel on cutting out alcohol but maybe it takes more than two days to have an effect :D Also I didn't manage to get to bed as early as planned and boyfriend has had to get up early to go to work today, so I'm slightly lacking sleep. I'm a bit tired but I am going to get up soon and do my exercise DVD. I am. I am, I am, I am....

Tonight I'm having a call with my friend, and would normally have some wine on one of these, but today I'm not going to. There is the possibility that the conversation may feel slightly different because of this, and that that's ok. We may end up talking for less time than we would when lubricated by alcohol. But we may also remember what we said :smile:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
      - Be in the green :smile:
      - No alcohol :smiley:
      - Stay positive :smile:

- Go for walk at lunch :smile:
      - (Dinner) Talk to boyfriend in French :smile:
      - Do monthly finances :smile:
      - Text friend about weekend plans :smile:
      - No watching TV in bed :smile:
      - Light off by 11 :/Darn, so close to a clean streak! Spent a bit too much time faffing in the evening and still needed some wind down time to get sleepy - turned light off around 11.30

Today's goals:

- Track all food and drink
      - Be in the green
      - No alcohol
      - Stay positive
      - Read emails at intervals only

- Take boots to be reheeled (lunch)
      - Keep catching up on email newsletters
      - Do solution planning
      - Talk to boyfriend in French
      - Lights off by 11
    • littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
      JFT Wednesday 30th September

Log everything yes
      Stay in the green yes
      Walk 22 mins before breakfast and 34 mins in the evening, got soaked twice lol
      Do the admin! It's to rain all day so no excuse did my parents stuff, mine is still in a heap
      Ironing yes

JFT Thursday 1st October

Log everything
      Stay in the green
      Weekly shop
      Early appointment with medical equipment firm to return it all
      Rearrange parents bedroom, again
      Back exercises
      Babysitting
      Gardening
      Walk

Are there really only 93 days left in the year? It's been quite a year so far!
      I've realised why I dislike doing admin now, it's become so difficult to get in touch with the people I need to. Some I'm dealing with, councils, assessors and valuers, are taking over 3 months to give responses. Waited about half an hour to speak to a firm yesterday and then they couldn't help as the computer wasn't working. It's just frustrating, I remember the days when things could be dealt with quickly :)

My back is aching today, so I will see how much I can manage. @Snowflake1968 your back sounds really bad, do you think you need medical help with it? Hope it eases soon.

As it's the first of the month I think I will set myself a challenge. I WILL do my back exercises every day. I'm fed up of writing that I didn't do them.

• ZizzyBumble
      ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
      edited October 2020
      Wednesday 1 October

Log
      Stay in the green
      5 fruit and veg
      Water
      Fitbit exercise goals
      Happy Scale weight trend ⬇️ :)