October 2020 Monthly Running Challange

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,701 Member
    10/1 – 5.23 miles
    Goal – 125 miles

Beautiful morning. It was a cool 48F (sorry for the heat wave you’re having @shanaber) and the moon and stars were shining brightly. The moon was a beautiful yellow/orange color. Coincidentally, my Garmin shows my run as red and orange. I had to drop something off at church this morning so I decided to run in “town” for a different route. I underestimated the traffic at 6:00 am. The main highway through town is a busy one and only a short section has sidewalks. I looped through the streets of the one and only subdivision a couple of times to keep off the main road.

@rheddmobile – so sorry about your finger. Sounds very painful.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,967 Member
    October Goal: 100 Miles

10/1: 6.24 miles

6.24/100 miles completed for October

1066.18/1000 miles for Run the Year Team Pavement Pounders

I started off October with a 10K. It was another perfect running weather morning. I could really get used to this. I have a HM coming up on November 7th. I was following a Hal Higdon plan that I tweaked, and the last few weeks I have been running, but not doing any speed work. So today I attempted a Tempo Run. I'm not entirely sure if I did it right. But I ran the first mile as a warm up, then four miles at HM pace and then the last mile as a cool down. At least that is what I attempted. I'm not really sure if that is a tempo run or a pace run to be honest, but I figure that the fact that I was actually trying to run at a certain pace and not just running easy counts as speed work. I ended up with my splits at 10:49, 9:58,10:00, 9:42, 9:52 and 10:04 with an average pace of 10:02. Then I tacked on the last .24 mile so I could get to 10k. It was a really nice run and I felt really good. The moon was gorgeous again this morning. It was big and orange. I think we are getting some of the smoke from the west, but it does make for pretty skies.

@kristinajeang I'm really impressed that you are getting out and getting it done with two little ones. I wish I had started being fit when I was younger.

@Tramboman I hope you are planning your fishing before your shingles vaccine. Maybe I'm a wuss, but I thought that the shingles vaccine was very painful. My arm was sore for days both times.

exercise.png

2020 races:
    11/7/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    10/1 – 6 miles

6 (6.22) of 115 miles

@martaindale that sounds like a pretty course.
    @Teresa502 it was in the low 50s here this morning with the same beautiful moon.
    @kristinajeang 2 under 3 yikes! – they are precious
    @WandaVaughn I’m definitely doing the Yuletide Madness - I’m a sucker for a jacket ha ha I also signed up for Halloween 5K virtual race – love the long sleeve t’s

Races:
    154 of 335 miles Pinhoti Trail Challenge done
    215 of 248 miles of Space Race done
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer - done
    Big Foot Wild Thangs Trail Race 5K/10K – June 20 on the trails…all together like a real race - done
    Run 4 on the 4th – Virtual 4 miles on 4th of July - done
    ISS Virtual 5K in July – done
    Jackalope Trail Run 4 miler – done
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach – done
    Scooby Doo Virtual 10K - done
    Skunk Ape 5 miler August 1 trail race in person – done
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June – August – done
    Chupacabra 10K/HM – August 22 - done
    Running of the Bulls Virtual 5K – 9/14 – 30/2020 - done
    Halloween 5K Monster Mile virtual race - 10/31
    The Pinhoti Trail Challenge 335 miles virtual – 1 Sept to 31 Dec
    2020 Liberty Road Challenge WWII soldiers journey from St. Mere Eglisde to Bastogne, Belgium – charity virtual run for the WII museum in New Orleans 716 miles team event 4 July – September – our team has finished
    Space Race 400K Challenge 12 weeks running 248.5 miles to the ISS – August to November
    Yuletide Madness 250 miles from 10/1 - 12/25
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon – October – running virtual
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited October 2020
    Today was a perfect storm (quite literally) for my run. 1) my running partner (divorced friend) slept in and wasnt answering my texts, so I decided to go anyway, 2) it started hailing as soon as I opened my door to go outside, despite no rain/hail being in the forecast for another three hours, 3) I started running after it stopped and it downpour rained three more times for a few minutes each time on my run, 4) the cold rainy weather made my ankle sore, and 5) my wet sleeve hit the "finish run" button on my watch at 2.6mi, so I had to start another activity for the last .5mi and it was so discouraging.

BUT, I still did it. Dunder Mifflin running club virtual 5k is done! (warning, kid picture spam included below since I mentioned them earlier in the thread to @kgirlhart ; i'll remove their picture in a few hours though..)

10/1 - 3.1mi

3.1/35 for October

FYI the "edit post" option is only available for an hour after you post. So if you don't want to leave something up, take it down within an hour :)

Also GREAT JOB on your 5k!

[mod note - images removed from quote at user's request]
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    @Tramboman the girl that works across the hall from me goes trout fishing all the time! I made cod last night for the first time. Didn't hate it. The whole spread was baked cod, peas, carrots, kale and collard greens, and battered cod. Anyway I am pretty sure I have never had trout. Are you going to keep them and eat them or throw them back?

In September, I had 206.75 miles! I remember when I was sure I could never do "something like that." My mentality now is totally different - Now, it's more along the lines of "hmmm how far CAN I go?"

Anyway, back to work. Love you all. Happy running.

I keep one occasionally, but usually put them back to catch again. The place I fish is fly fishing only. Caught three today before the wind shifted and they stopped biting.