Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Heather

t3336.gif

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Heather,
    Happiest birthday wishes to you. I hope you're enjoying your day!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    Thank you all for your birthday wishes! :D<3 IT IS TODAY!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Happy Birthday!

• Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    <<< Faye was here
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Happiest of Birthdays Heather..Hope its a wonderful day....
    I didnt sleep well but you usually dont when your not in your own bed..
    Alfie has been out and been fed..
    Will go out and feed birds in little bit.
  • Machka9
    Friday -- We're in self-isolation after a voluntary COVID test because of hay fever symptoms, but that doesn't stop us from exercising!!

Cycling ... inside, on the trainer with Zwift!
    Distance: 8.42km
    Elevation:  20m
    Moving Time: 25:16
    Elapsed Time:    25:16 
    Intensity: 43% ... I'm actually kind of surprised at that, I didn't realise 
     ........................ Avg ............    Max
    Speed .........    20.0km/h .....    37.8km/h
    Heart Rate ..    134bpm ......    144bpm
    Cadence ......    67 ...............    96
    Power ..........    63W ............    91W

logv21dqtcdc.png

Walking ... inside, on the treadmill with Zwift!
    Distance: 3.21km
    Moving Time: 36:06
    Elapsed Time: 36:04 
    Pace: 11:13/km

5jjny7komiit.png

Machka in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    🍾🍸HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HEATHER 🍸🍾

Sounds like you have a great day planned.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,319 Member
    edited October 2020
    Happy Friday <3

Heather - what a fabulous birthday :D

Faye - your comments yesterday about "boyfriend" and "man friend" got me thinking. I'd probably say "guy friend" and let the rest of the world wonder if he's with or without benefits like a huge....wait for it....
    WALLET
    lol. >:)

Karen - Kayla sounds like a great learning coach for your grandson! Thanks for the Thorlos socks suggestion. I have several unopened pairs in my sock drawer.... they are all too small now :'( so will be dropped off at the charity store one of these days. I used to wear them all the time. But, you gave me an idea. I went on to Amazon and finally found some cushioned Thorlos in size large, on sale, so ordered a pair. And, I went sock shopping in DH's sock drawer and found several new pairs of cushioned ankle socks, many years old, that he can never wear again. Fit me fine. :D
    Smokey kitchen - everything is pretty much back to normal, and after the oven cleaning discussion here, I know why it's so nasty this time - the little pot that burned had a non-stick (not ceramic) Teflon-like coating, so there's that chemical in addition to charred hot dog. :s The pan has been replaced with a little copper bottom Revere Ware metal pan I picked up for cheap ages ago.
    Katla - thinking of you right now and Schooner's upcoming surgery today, sending healing thoughts for him and a good recovery, many more happy years with you and your DH. <3

Tracey - your granddaughter is so cute! Funny what kids come up with! How neat you were able to go to the mall and do some "normal" things.

SuziQ
    - so happy for you that Yoga in the park is starting up again. you asked a while back about me trying to start basil by poking cuttings down in the soil - never got that far, what with the heat and smoke blast we had a few weeks ago, but I've trimmed it back many times and it is thriving in the greenhouse. Have many little containers of pesto in the freezer.

Machka
    - I am enjoying all of your photos of the water and your cute town. The Zwift is neat!

I went back in my logging notes, and see that when I was losing weight to get back into my honesty pants the beginning of this year, I was doing a 16:8 and 17:7 IF. Gin Stephens, the IF gal I've been following, has a neat saying: "Hunger is not an emergency". I'm going to tape it to the fridge.

Have a great day, ladies!

Lanette B)
    Chilly, foggy, and slightly smokey SW WA State with AQI of 84. :(
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    Happy Birthday Heather :flowerforyou:
  • lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 350 Member
    Heather
    Sounds like your Birthday was a great day. How was the creme bruler.

Katla
    Hope your furry buddy is doing good.

Well for me this morning the scale is down and b/s is good. So it's on to another good day today.

See you all lighter
    Linda in Northern Ontario
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    <3Heather, Happy Birthday

<3Katla, sending love to you and Schooner for his surgery today

:) Yesterday I finished planting my share of the 50 tulip bulbs and Jake asked if I "wanted" to plant his share of the bulbs, too. I said that I still had a lot of iris and he could do the tulips.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,319 Member

I went back in my logging notes, and see that when I was losing weight to get back into my honesty pants the beginning of this year, I was doing a 16:8 and 17:7 IF. Gin Stephens, the IF gal I've been following, has a neat saying: "Hunger is not an emergency". I'm going to tape it to the fridge.

Have a great day, ladies!

Lanette B)
    Chilly, foggy, and slightly smokey SW WA State with AQI of 84. :(

Actually, I think it might have been our Barbie who came up with "Hunger is not an Emergency". :)
    Good thought, I'm keeping it foremost in my brain today.

Lanette B)

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Linda in N Ontario: I'd be happy to add something without peanuts to my treat list in case someone can't have peanutbutter. What ideas might be okay? In truth, I suspect we will not have many trick or treaters. There have been very few in our area during the past few years. I suppose that I could get individually wrapped chocolate. I thought about fresh fruit like apples, but many parents would worry about things that aren't wrapped. My grandmother used to have a bowl full of nickles beside her door. As years went by, she shifted to dimes and then quarters.

Katla in NW Oregon

Can you do individual packages of chocolate M&Ms, without the peanuts? Or Skittles or something?

I'm not allergic to peanuts, but they make me very bloated, I feel sick, my abdomen cramps badly, and then there's a painful "explosion" in the toilet.

As a cyclist, some events, especially in the US, like to serve peanut butter and jam sandwiches and that would just be disaster for me on a long ride! I had one lady suggest I open the sandwich and just scrape the peanut butter off!!

M in Oz

There are so many different types of food served other than peanut butter. I actually have never seen a pb and jelly sandwich served at a ride
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    RVRita: Congrats on meeting so many of your goals! :star:

Flea: We live in a society that has always expected us to go to work with colds and such. Contagious diseases were things that most people had experienced and the risk of making someone else sick was not a serious worry. Things have changed and staying home when you are sick is now expected in order to keep others safe. That may be a blessing. I hope you’re better soon. :heart:

Heather: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :flowerforyou:

Lanette: Thanks for your good wishes for our sweet Schooner. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well. :heart:

Today is surgery day. I’m supposed to drop Schooner off between 7am and 8am. One of the Vet’s assistants will come out to the car and get him. I’ll go home and wait. If all goes well, I’ll pick him up later in the day. Thank you all for your good wishes.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    OAKIE & HEATHER ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOTH! :):)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Happy birthday 🎂 Heather!

Best wishes to Schooner!

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Linda in N Ontario: I'd be happy to add something without peanuts to my treat list in case someone can't have peanutbutter. What ideas might be okay? In truth, I suspect we will not have many trick or treaters. There have been very few in our area during the past few years. I suppose that I could get individually wrapped chocolate. I thought about fresh fruit like apples, but many parents would worry about things that aren't wrapped. My grandmother used to have a bowl full of nickles beside her door. As years went by, she shifted to dimes and then quarters.

Katla in NW Oregon

Can you do individual packages of chocolate M&Ms, without the peanuts? Or Skittles or something?

I'm not allergic to peanuts, but they make me very bloated, I feel sick, my abdomen cramps badly, and then there's a painful "explosion" in the toilet.

As a cyclist, some events, especially in the US, like to serve peanut butter and jam sandwiches and that would just be disaster for me on a long ride! I had one lady suggest I open the sandwich and just scrape the peanut butter off!!

M in Oz

There are so many different types of food served other than peanut butter. I actually have never seen a pb and jelly sandwich served at a ride

This was some time ago. I haven't done a US ride since 2006, I think. But I was a bit surprised at the prevalence of peanut butter on the long, long rides then. It is entirely possible the situation has improved.

The rides we run are lightly supported which means that riders are expected to bring some of their own food or get it at cafes or whatever along the way, but that we'll be there with some food at a stop or two. We usually have ANZAC biscuits (oatmeal cookies), chocolate chip cookies, gluten free cookies, a couple different kinds of cake and a couple different kinds of potato chips for the electrolytes. Sometimes we'll have fruit too. And on the really long rides we'll have ramen noodles available. They go down well and provide some salt.

M in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    <3