What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• crazygonegibby1
    crazygonegibby1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    how I wish the lady in the office next to me would shut up.
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    This doesn't feel like Thursday
    it feels
    like falling
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    p1ggge2hnpsz.jpg
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Let's celebrate your weight loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYcIc2WHqCA
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    JessBbody wrote: »
    This is a normal reaction, right? I don't need to Google "money therapist" or worse, life coach?

Less finance, more economics. This sounds like an opportunity cost issue. Are you gonna go back to doing the thing with the camera you were going to do?

If so, what future gain - or loss - is that expected to bring you (financially and emotionally here)?

It still may be "worth it" at the higher financial cost given the other factors presented or, like @Motorsheen suggested, try another retailer.

This is a very thought provoking answer, thank you.

I do want to go back to doing the thing with the camera, and having it would bring me a lot of emotional (and possibly financial) satisfaction.

I think the problem now is that I am kicking myself in the *kitten* for not buying it when I had the chance, thinking that once the price had gone down it would never go back up because that happens when the camera becomes less valuable as new ones are released.

The only thing I can think of is that this is a very popular vlogging camera and maybe a lot of people snatched it up while it was on sale because they are taking up vlogging, possibly because of Covid? For some reason it's irrationally important to me to learn the reason it went up, maybe because then I might expect it to go back down at some point.

All of this is just spinning in circles. I haven't been able to find another store that is still selling it at the sale price because they all went down and then up at the same time.

Bottom line is, I need to decide how badly I want it and figure out if I'm going to let myself go nuts not having it or buy it and kick rocks over the $150.

I'm just thinking out loud.

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    p1ggge2hnpsz.jpg

I dont know why...but I need this
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    p1ggge2hnpsz.jpg

I dont know why...but I need this

i just wish he had regular kermit faces where his actual hands are
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Why is it that when something bad physically happens I perceive time so slowly.
    I remember unpleasant things that at the time seemed to happen in slow motion.
    But,,, when it comes to great things, time seems to fly by so quickly.
    Seems like a cruel joke.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    hawkeye45_ wrote: »
    I met my first scale goal of getting under 300 pounds, and NOW my work decides to start a Biggest Loser competition.

well done 👏
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    hawkeye45_ wrote: »
    I met my first scale goal of getting under 300 pounds, and NOW my work decides to start a Biggest Loser competition.

Congrats! 👏 that's awesome.
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm reading about the "spotlight effect."

It's the phenomenon in which people tend to believe they are being noticed more than they really are. Being that one is constantly in the center of one's own world, an accurate evaluation of how much one is noticed by others is uncommon.

I guess this means my social anxiety shouldn't be as severe as it is.

I guess it also means I shouldn't be too concerned about how I look when I venture out in public.

Why is this all so hard for me to grasp?

Now I'm crying in my cereal....

Life gets so heavy sometimes, you're a superhero just for making it through each day. And every superhero has a weakness. I hope you know that you don't have to go through this alone.
  • CandycaneDimondSparkle
    CandycaneDimondSparkle Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Just living life and loving Jesus ❤️
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I hate to lose this sweet iteration of my usual screen name but dang if election season doesn’t inspire me to throw matches on all social media everywhere

Is your refrigerator running? Cause I'd vote for it.
  • CandycaneDimondSparkle
    CandycaneDimondSparkle Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    You better go catch it hahhahahha
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    *Horse blinders* ...living, loving (trying to) our lives, our days!

Ahh, my aunt who I havent spoken with in a while, who's son (my cousin) died a few years ago (29 y/o) said to me yesterday "enjoy your day!" and I obviously extrapolated it into a whole "thing"...like ya - (my days have been hard and 2.5 hours sleep type stuff, shakey, not being able to talk proper...but *I'm not dead yet!!!* Guilt? Hope? Alive?)

..been my 'mantra' ..."enjoy your day"...all day...anxiety was in check (ish)...maybe b/c of the fatigue?

Was thinking insomnia and fatigue may be the answer...b/c I cant even concentrate enough to care anymore?
    ...Day 4
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    *Horse blinders* ...living, loving (trying to) our lives, our days!

Ahh, my aunt who I havent spoken with in a while, who's son (my cousin) died a few years ago (29 y/o) said to me yesterday "enjoy your day!" and I obviously extrapolated it into a whole "thing"...like ya - (my days have been hard and 2.5 hours sleep type stuff, shakey, not being able to talk proper...but *I'm not dead yet!!!* Guilt? Hope? Alive?)

..been my 'mantra' ..."enjoy your day"...all day...anxiety was in check (ish)...maybe b/c of the fatigue?

Was thinking insomnia and fatigue may be the answer...b/c I cant even concentrate enough to care anymore?
    ...Day 4

Hopefully you get some sleep! Insomnia truly sucks *kitten*.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I woke up with a smile on my face. That happens like once every three months 🙂
  • Fitandabbs2020
    Fitandabbs2020 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    How do I survive that last day of the week ? :|