The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    @forestfreek whenever your posts come up I think you have a picture of Claudia Winkleman as your profile pic!

Had no clue who that even was so I had to google.
    Good gawd😣
    I can at least say I haven’t butchered my face with surgery.

No offence meant- I think she is beautiful in fact that is literally her job :) She's a model and a presenter and very famous in the UK. I suppose she probably has had work done recently. I think most TV people have!

I know someone who is on tv and often when is we her she looks slightly different. Isn't it too bad they feel they have to get work done
  • AliNouveau
    Why is it I keep turning off my fitness tracker when I shove it into my pocket? So I always end up with weird tracking.

Happy middle of the weekend middle agers
  • cnb124
    cnb124 Posts: 40 Member
    Hello. I'm unfortunately considered middle aged and need all the friends I can get. Please add me.
  • coffee_n_weights
    coffee_n_weights Posts: 115 Member
    Happy Wednesday folks! A little behind here - I see I've missed shiny hair and brownies - both sound good.

And - today is always a new day to get on track, start tracking, and take a step towards your goals.
  • balanc41
    balanc41 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Good afternoon all you sexy middle agers! I hope today has been a good one
  • teristwin
    teristwin Posts: 10 Member
    HI Everyone! I've been on this app for a long time. I roller coaster all the time. I am ready to make a final change in my health and my live. I turn 50 in June and I am determined to be at the best I can be. Fell free to friend me.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Happy Friday's Eve! Nearly there.

Moooore restrictions here in Ireland, no visits allowed anymore. I was supposed to see a friend tomorrow night for wine and chats, but that's off now. Can this covid malarkey just eff off now please!
  • FutureFit2020
    FutureFit2020 Posts: 128 Member

Moooore restrictions here in Ireland, no visits allowed anymore. I was supposed to see a friend tomorrow night for wine and chats, but that's off now. Can this covid malarkey just eff off now please!

Having my daughter's friend over tomorrow. His mother is pleased as they can't have anyone over as they are already 6 people in their family.

Trying not to think too hard about the government logic that says it's safer for her son to come to my house but not for my daughter to go to his. (rule of 6 in England)
  • AliNouveau

Happy baby Friday!

We were asked to not have people over. There's three regions in our province that have partial restrictions. I am watching on the news people are going from my area which is restricted to the neighbouring non restricted area to use gyms and restaurants.

The first lockdown worked here let's get this one done and over with is my opinion. I'm now unable again to visit my mother, i don't think curling will be starting since you have more than 10 people gathering inside. Hopefully it gets cold soon and they open he outdoor rinks soon.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    No curling or skating here! We don't even have a rink. Although we do have the pop up ones around Christmas normally.

Our gyms are still open, however it's for individual training only. So all classes are suspended (and that's what I went for) but they still can have lots of "loose" people training. Makes no sense to me (just like your rule of 6 FutureFit).

We were allowed to have visitors from one household but even that's gone now. But you're right, we got to do what we got to do right.
  • AliNouveau
    No curling or skating here! We don't even have a rink. Although we do have the pop up ones around Christmas normally.

Our gyms are still open, however it's for individual training only. So all classes are suspended (and that's what I went for) but they still can have lots of "loose" people training. Makes no sense to me (just like your rule of 6 FutureFit).

We were allowed to have visitors from one household but even that's gone now. But you're right, we got to do what we got to do right.

We have been told keep to your own household. Seniors are now to stay put and not go out. We had the seniors homes hit really hard in the first wave so hopefully we can keep them safe this time.

Most of these restrictions seem to just be thrown together with little thought. Hopefully this all gets under control again
  • TinaMarieB1208
    TinaMarieB1208 Posts: 37 Member
    Hi guys! I'm 46 and have lost all motivation with this COVID thing. I have lost 130 pounds looking to lose more. Just been stuck. I need motivated friends! Feel free to add me!!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Got a little off track yesterday. Made brownies. Not a good decision, so back on track today. Ate a healthy breakfast and going for a bike ride now. 2 steps forward, 3 steps back, but I will get back in the saddle and keep losing weight. I now fit in pants and jackets that I could not fit into since 5 years ago.

One day probably won't hurt. My eating was okay yesterday, but there was just too much rain, thunder, and lightning to go for my usual walk.
  • emkuenzi
    emkuenzi Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2020

I'm looking for friends too! I just turned 40.

• calichick1978
    calichick1978 Posts: 29 Member
    Went in for my Post OP appointment today. Doc said I've healed beautifully and I've got the green light to get back to rigorous activity!!! Got in a 2 mike walk and some time on my TRX today. Huge win today
  • LunaTheFatCat
    Went in for my Post OP appointment today. Doc said I've healed beautifully and I've got the green light to get back to rigorous activity!!! Got in a 2 mike walk and some time on my TRX today. Huge win today

Great news!
  • LunaTheFatCat
    Happy Friday all!

Coffee first and then a busy day ahead again. Have a good one everyone :*
  • FutureFit2020
    FutureFit2020 Posts: 128 Member
    edited October 2020
    Oh FFS I think my "IBS" might actually be a dairy intolerance. It's normally so hard for me to figure out my triggers as I'm constantly grazing on everything in sight. But since I've been logging all my foods and had to largely give up dairy due to the calories content I think It's dairy that's the problem. Going to totally give it up for a while and see what happens.
  • AliNouveau
    Oh FFS I think my "IBS" might actually be a dairy intolerance. It's normally so hard for me to figure out my triggers as I'm constantly grazing on everything in sight. But since I've been logging all my foods and had to largely give up dairy due to the calories content I think It's dairy that's the problem. Going to totally give it up for a while and see what happens.

I'm with you on giving up the dairy. I have had to since last week and I feel great. Life is only a bit boring without cheese and milk and sour cream.
  • coffee_n_weights
    coffee_n_weights Posts: 115 Member
    Happy Friday everyone! Cool and rainy here but hot coffee is helping. Have a great day!
    . - that's terrific news and a definite win!