Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,136 Member Member Posts: 1,136 Member
    Easter candy is WAY better than Halloween candy.
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 7,884 Member Member Posts: 7,884 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »

What is your favorite Easter one?
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 4,693 Member Member Posts: 4,693 Member
    another one here for Fruitcake!
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

What is your favorite Easter one?

I like the mini hocolate eggs, a solid dark chocolate bunny, the colorful hollow eggs that are kinda chewy, chocolate and vanilla cream filled eggs, maple filled eggs...aaaaand.. peeps- in hot cocoa 😁
    .II haven't eaten any of this in decades but they were my favorites
    @VegjoyP - I too haven't had what you listed for years and years...Loving it all...excepts the peeps
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 4,693 Member Member Posts: 4,693 Member
    @VegjoyP - I too haven't had what you listed for years and years...Loving it all...excepts the peeps

Unpopular opinion: I actually like peeps
  • kimny72kimny72 Member Posts: 15,533 Member Member Posts: 15,533 Member

You know, I'm rarely in the mood for straight up sugary sweet monstrosities like Peeps, but every spring I buy one package of Peeps and thoroughly enjoy them with a cup of strong coffee or tea. And then I don't want to see another until next year lol. Nostalgia for me maybe
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 1,886 Member Member Posts: 1,886 Member

My Mom likes them, but only if they are stale. She'll open the package and let them sit out for a few days until they get a little crunchy.

Also, she only likes the chick-shaped ones (no bunnies or any of that), because something about the sugar-to-marshmallow ratio.
    kimny72 wrote: »

You know, I'm rarely in the mood for straight up sugary sweet monstrosities like Peeps, but every spring I buy one package of Peeps and thoroughly enjoy them with a cup of strong coffee or tea. And then I don't want to see another until next year lol. Nostalgia for me maybe

I am exactly the same. It's a one and done occasion.
    spam... don't click the link ^
  • B_Plus_EffortB_Plus_Effort Member Posts: 264 Member Member Posts: 264 Member
    not enough Vegans tell me they are Vegan every single time we run into each other, wish I could hear more about Veganism
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 4,902 Member Member Posts: 4,902 Member
    spam... don't click the link ^

Definitely spamy but props for actually trying to stay on topic with the "in my opinion I don't like cauliflower" part which *could* be an unpopular opinion. :)

My Mom likes them, but only if they are stale. She'll open the package and let them sit out for a few days until they get a little crunchy.

Also, she only likes the chick-shaped ones (no bunnies or any of that), because something about the sugar-to-marshmallow ratio.

I get the 'stale' thing - the odd time I decide a marshmallow might be good, I like them stale too...maybe a stale peep might be good?🤔

They have sugar free peeps, FYI! They are actually really good, I can not tell a difference!

They have sugar free peeps, FYI! They are actually really good, I can not tell a difference!

Really? Probably loaded with malitol
    Generally speaking, I prefer protein snacks over the alternative (Quest cookie over Pepperidge farms)
    Generally speaking, I prefer protein snacks over the alternative (Quest cookie over Pepperidge farms)

I would say same really. What I really like though is a better( nutrient dense) low sugar/ gluten free/ vegan alternative to what it is I want. For example a vegan gluten free no sugar chocolate chip cookie instead of generic
  • sal10851sal10851 Member Posts: 171 Member Member Posts: 171 Member
    Healthy foods don't make you gain weight. Olive oil is healthier than most oils yet people seem to think they can eat it in large amounts and not gain weight. Avocado, nuts, seeds are all healthy but still has a lot of calories. Rice cakes with peanut butter might taste different than a kit kat yet it's equally calorie dense but it does not mean one is less fattening than the other.
    I prefer cold foods over hot.
  • mytyglotzmytyglotz Member Posts: 1,310 Member Member Posts: 1,310 Member
    I prefer cold foods over hot.

Meaning you prefer cold folds that are traditionally served cold to warm/hot foods that are traditionally served warm/hot,
    or you'd rather have foods that are traditionally served warm/hot once they are cooled?
    Or both?
    (I hope I'm making sense :s )
    edited October 17