What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    spam... don't click the link ^
  • B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    not enough Vegans tell me they are Vegan every single time we run into each other, wish I could hear more about Veganism
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    spam... don't click the link ^

Definitely spamy but props for actually trying to stay on topic with the "in my opinion I don't like cauliflower" part which *could* be an unpopular opinion. :)
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    @VegjoyP - I too haven't had what you listed for years and years...Loving it all...excepts the peeps

Unpopular opinion: I actually like peeps

My Mom likes them, but only if they are stale. She'll open the package and let them sit out for a few days until they get a little crunchy.

Also, she only likes the chick-shaped ones (no bunnies or any of that), because something about the sugar-to-marshmallow ratio.

I get the 'stale' thing - the odd time I decide a marshmallow might be good, I like them stale too...maybe a stale peep might be good?🤔
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    @VegjoyP - I too haven't had what you listed for years and years...Loving it all...excepts the peeps

You know, I'm rarely in the mood for straight up sugary sweet monstrosities like Peeps, but every spring I buy one package of Peeps and thoroughly enjoy them with a cup of strong coffee or tea. And then I don't want to see another until next year lol. Nostalgia for me maybe

I am exactly the same. It's a one and done occasion.

They have sugar free peeps, FYI! They are actually really good, I can not tell a difference!
  • pancakerunner
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »

You know, I'm rarely in the mood for straight up sugary sweet monstrosities like Peeps, but every spring I buy one package of Peeps and thoroughly enjoy them with a cup of strong coffee or tea. And then I don't want to see another until next year lol. Nostalgia for me maybe

I am exactly the same. It's a one and done occasion.

They have sugar free peeps, FYI! They are actually really good, I can not tell a difference!

Really? Probably loaded with malitol
  • pancakerunner
    Generally speaking, I prefer protein snacks over the alternative (Quest cookie over Pepperidge farms)
  • VegjoyP
    Generally speaking, I prefer protein snacks over the alternative (Quest cookie over Pepperidge farms)

I would say same really. What I really like though is a better( nutrient dense) low sugar/ gluten free/ vegan alternative to what it is I want. For example a vegan gluten free no sugar chocolate chip cookie instead of generic
  • sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    Healthy foods don't make you gain weight. Olive oil is healthier than most oils yet people seem to think they can eat it in large amounts and not gain weight. Avocado, nuts, seeds are all healthy but still has a lot of calories. Rice cakes with peanut butter might taste different than a kit kat yet it's equally calorie dense but it does not mean one is less fattening than the other.
  • pancakerunner
    I prefer cold foods over hot.
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited October 2020

Meaning you prefer cold folds that are traditionally served cold to warm/hot foods that are traditionally served warm/hot,
    or you'd rather have foods that are traditionally served warm/hot once they are cooled?
    Or both?
    (I hope I'm making sense :s )
  • pancakerunner
    mytyglotz wrote: »

Meaning you prefer cold folds that are traditionally served cold to warm/hot foods that are traditionally served warm/hot,
    or you'd rather have foods that are traditionally served warm/hot once they are cooled?
    Or both?
    (I hope I'm making sense :s )

Both! Depending. Like I prefer cold pizza and cold lasagna and cold chicken, cold pasta, cold oatmeal, etc. AND I prefer traditionally cold things. Some things need to be eaten warm tho...
  • pancakerunner
    "Appetizers" are pointless and ruin your appetite for dinner. My family always have huge bowls of pretzels, chips, crackers and dip, etc out before the main meal.

If I eat any appetizers, I am not hungry and the dinner doesn't taste as good. I rarely ever eat appetizers. If I do, I'll just eat appetizers as my dinner.

Appetizers ARE the main meal for me! haha
  • pancakerunner
    I think egg rolls are gross.
  • pancakerunner
    edited October 2020
    I think frozen vegetables are gross

Edit: frozen vegetable MIXES like stir fry mix, etc. frozen peas or corn or broccoli are fine
  • VegjoyP
    I think frozen vegetables are gross

Edit: frozen vegetable MIXES like stir fry mix, etc. frozen peas or corn or broccoli are fine

Usually frozen vegetables do not make me feel full but fresh steamed does
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Those mukbang youtube videos of people eating insane amounts are disgusting. I don't judge people for what they eat or how much they eat, but to film it is kind of gross imo

Totally agree. I came across some of those and they are shocking. I also don't believe them when they say they actually keep it all in and don't puke after. That amount of food would stay in your stomach for hours and hours.

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Those mukbang youtube videos of people eating insane amounts are disgusting. I don't judge people for what they eat or how much they eat, but to film it is kind of gross imo

Totally agree. I came across some of those and they are shocking. I also don't believe them when they say they actually keep it all in and don't puke after. That amount of food would stay in your stomach for hours and hours.

Most of them are just 'clever' editing and are fake - well, that's what I've heard about it. These type of channels are quite dangerous - many of these 'Mukbangers' depict a buffed out person consuming thousands and thousands of calories. So who watches these things? Lot of impressionable kids. I'm sure they have decided it might be fun to do the same thing...