NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @TeresaW1020 That makes sense. It's just frustrating when you go to get something and it's out of stock! :( Tuna casserole recipe is soooo good: https://sixdollarfamily.com/casserole-recipes-grown-up-tuna-noodle-casserole-recipe That stinks about your credenza! :( WTG about exercise! And that's good that your shoulder feels better. I do not have any experience with CBD oil but have heard good things about it.

@mswatson0777 Yes, I am very, very close! That's great that you are doing it with your grad work. It really can apply to any area of your life. I don't think I could EVER forget to drink my coffee lol! I'm glad you did some things to decompress and take care of you. Yes, the weekend is almost here, hang in there! ;)

@cbabie I like your new avatar, btw! That's great that you found a way to tolerate oatmeal without butter. Great idea! Did you track today? What day of the week do you usually get on the scale? ;) Poke poke. I'm glad it's under 100 there. I don't know if I'd ever get used to your weather. The hot weather gives me headaches and migraines. Yes, it was a nice surprise for that to be fewer points!

@theslightedgeforever Great job on water! I *think* I got 100% but I am confused from the heat lol. I like that idea (The Daily Big Three). 6/8 active hours is really good. I hope you aren't scratching that itchiness.

Hello all! I had a great day yesterday, I impressed myself lol! I had to drive up to work and worked from 8-12 yesterday. By the time I got home, it was time to eat lunch. It was hot hot hot (the 90s) and I didn't run the a/c. I got distracted watching a sewing YouTube video and really thought I wasn't going to do any exercise. I went and got my husband from work and when we got home, he said he would cook dinner so I decided to get on the spin bike despite it being so bloody hot. I put my headphones in and rode for 16 minutes! By the time I was done, I was dripping with sweat (and I don't normally sweat) and felt so accomplished. I am now 14 points away from my weekly activity goal! :D

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Oct 11-Oct 17:
    - track 90% of food intake
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - get up from my desk every hour and stretch
    - put my utensil down between bites (CARRYOVER GOAL)
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything (CARRYOVER GOAL)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld That is almost exactly the tuna noodle recipe I make except I haven’t tried it with French onion toppings (and I will!!) and I like to add in some frozen peas. And now it’s going on next week’s menu! :grin: Congrats on your awesome day yesterday! You know it’s true that good habits build on each other and the more you do them the easier they are to keep. I heard how hot has been in CA. Crazy weather everywhere! :#

@theslightedgeforever We are of the same opinion when it comes to crust and toast. I won’t let my DH make my toast because I want it barely toasted and the butter put on immediately. Glad that you are feeling better. <3

@cbabie That is a great tip to use applesauce on your oatmeal. Do you like apple butter? I bet that would be very tasty too. Thanks for the CBD oil info. I’m still in research mode. My grandma’s house in CA had a swamp cooler and we kids would lie in the hallway on a hot day and let that cold air wash over us. The hallway is where my grandpa stored the watermelons too. :grin:

@mswatson0777 What day were you on when Autumn talked about using 35 lbs weights for leg day? I just did week one and she didn’t go higher than her 15 lbs. Plus, there is no way I ever try to keep up with those people on how much weight they use. I’m sore enough using my 10s and 12s on on leg day. I also can’t do the sliders on 80 DO at all! I think I still weigh too much to for my body to do those moves. 21 DF is a great program too and once you are done you can move over to 21 DF Extreme. Oh, dear! I can’t imagine forgetting to drink my coffee. :o I hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Good morning! My weight was down this morning and I’m still in Onderland! :grin: I’m on day three of not sleeping on my right side and my arm is slightly improved. I’m also rubbing Blue Emu on it twice a day to see if that will help. I bought a new pillow where you can add or remove the stuffing. It arrived yesterday so I need to play around with it to get it just right. We went yesterday and got our flu shots so hopefully, we won’t have that issue this fall/winter. Today, I’m planning on getting some stuff done around the house and work on my children’s church lesson. I also might finish my current puzzle. :)
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @cbabie I would have loved to have you as my coworker! We could lament about work stress together. And applesauce in your oatmeal sounds awesome! I do bananas and walnuts sometimes or blueberries and soymilk so I figure it's a similar concept.

@roz0810 Tuesday is my day too!

@theslightedgeforever Thank you for being my accountability buddy! The biggest thing I've done is track all day (even on the weekends!) and do Beachbody workouts with weights which is giving me a new kind of burn. And they absolutely are listening! The new apple phone even turns on a light every time they are so you can tell. It's SO creepy.

@trooworld That's awesome that your husband cooked dinner so you were able to get some movement in. I can't believe it's so hot where you are. Our weather has turned almost cold enough for snow!

@TeresaW1020 Looking back at it I had hit 80 Day Extreme by mistake, glad the normal one has regular sized weights! I don't do the sliders either since my entire house is covered in carpet so I don't think they'd slide very well. Congratulations on being down in weight and being in onederland!

I am SO GLAD it's Friday. And I don't have a ton on the books meeting-wise today so it should be a relatively calm day. I brought all my readings to work so I can hopefully sneak some homework in during lunch. Tonight we're having our quaranteam over to watch Hamilton. I'm making a big pot of lightened up chicken wild rice soup and I may even whip up some homemade bread if I'm feeling ambitious after work.

This weekend I'm meeting up for a socially distanced hike with a friend and meeting my Mom at an apple orchard to try to get some outdoor fall activities in before the weather gets too cold. We're also going to try to make Finnish food this weekend which should be fun. I'm excited for the mental break (and hopefully to get lots of reading in in the downtimes).
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member
    Afternoon all, I had this post almost done and you know on a mac if you hit it just right the side arrow makes you go back or forward...UGH. When I started this post it was morning..now its afternoon. LOL. So I have had my walk, but a short one in this morning. I am doing better with food choices, but last night was well, ( I went over) but I did track. I feel better in my gut, I think the walking outside is better for me than the TM, I would have never said that before. LOL

@mswatson0777 We totally could work together.. so glad you are having what sounds like a relaxing fun weekend. You need it. Yum home made bread..My downfall next to PB..LOL

@TeresaW1020 congrats on still being in onederland. You have found what is working for you!!! I miss ( A little) teaching children's church. I laughed at the watermelon story. I could just see all you guys there with the watermelon. Do you put salt on yours? That is how my parents ate it..I thought that was the "rule" LOL

@trooworld Thanks about the avitar... I need FUN. :blush: I did track and Monday's will be my WI day. When I was on WW it was Saturday..gave me a whole week after the weekend to fix my binges..LOL Congrats on getting on the bike..you are doing great!

@theslightedgeforever I like the tracker thing for her..LOL. Yes I hate "burnt" anything. I like my garlic bread toast smooshy. LOL. Just remember though Granny, would burn the toast, scrape off the black and tell us to eat it. Yucky!! Poor mom, I bet she thought she failed with us. LOL. Hey you got 3 angels on 1 unhappy face. Great job!!

Cbabie

• cbabie
    oiajwg5so4fn.png

Here is my week so far..looks like I started out strong and then started slacking LOL

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @trooworld The good thing about the itchiness is that it's not in the same place as the "sores" It's right underneath on my eyelid. I got 50%. I don't know actually how many active hours I got cause my fitbit died mid day. I know at least 4. But I wasn't very active so.....It was my exercise rest day but I did take a walk with dh. That's when I noticed my fitbit dead. SIGH. I like earning those zone minutes. But I know we walked 3083 steps. I used my Health App for that on my phone. Woohoo on your spin bike. Keep working towards those minutes.

@teresaw1020 Yes to the butter on immediately. You sound like me when needing to modify moves on YouTube videos and such. Some of those moves I just can't do. Especially alot of the plyometrics. I don't want to tear up a knee right now and then not be able to do anything. So I modify. My dream one day is to be able to do it just like them cause I'm lean and svelte.

@mswatson0777 That's awesome about your tracking and your intense workouts. Keep doing those so they are a habit and that's one less thing you will have to think about. You'll just naturally do them. Since I've been struggling with food lately I couldn't think of a way to motivate myself until just now. I've been reading a book about we are motivated by rewards or pain. I kept saying is there a third option? I just realized I will work like crazy for my zone minutes. So now I have to design a similar program with my carbs/cals. A way to earn some zone minutes for them. I love Hamilton. I wish I were there with you. I just go around the house and in the car singing the songs and dh just looks at me.

@cbabie That is a big mindswitch for you about walking outside. Maybe that means I might go to the treadmill. :D At least you will have it when the weather turns hot hot hot in the summer. Bullet journals are the fun way to create a tracker for baby girl. Fun gets it done. Remember when Dad would make the homemade bread. I didn't know you weren't supposed to salt the watermelon until I met my inlaws. They just looked at me when I asked can you pass the salt? I wonder which side of the family started that rule. Yes, I love the new avatar. It really is you. The big eyes makes me think of those Love Is.... things that used to appear in the newspaper and you would cut out. I guess with 7 kids, granny forgot she put toast in the toaster. Maybe back then they didn't have settings and you had to do it manually. Although history repeats itself, I made grilled turkey sandwich for my son and his was medium well done and he just looked at me and I said, scrape it off if you don't like it or make your own next time. That's not burnt. Yes, I need to work on my planning. I used to be so good at that. It's probably the easiest thing there to do. Now here's how I view that chart you posted. You moved your body 6 days hard enough to stay in the fatburning zone and/or cardio. You earned some zone minutes. You pushed oxygen through your body. You strengthened your heart muscle. Give yourself credit where credit is due.

Yellow Day- Stayed OP 164/164
    Intentional movement: Rest Day plus walk with dh
    ??? zone minutes

October goals; Green dot day. o:) Drink 6 glasses of water :| Burn 275 calories*** Preplan food :(

• trooworld
    edited October 2020
    @TeresaW1020 Oh frozen peas would be good in it! :) Thanks re: my awesome day. I've had an awesome week, actually. I'm pretty happy with my behaviors this week. Yes, crazy weather everywhere! Congrats on the loss! Have a great day.

@mswatson0777 Yes, he is a keeper! Oh gosh, I think if it would snow here, people would lose their minds lol. How are you doing on your weekly goals? (healthwise or otherwise?) I loved Hamilton. That sounds like a fun thing to do with a team. Time spent with mom at an apple orchard is such a fall activity! And sounds fun, too.

@cbabie At least you tracked it. Sorry you lost your post! Well, your avatar IS fun! That's what I like about Saturday being my WI day. ;) Monday's a pretty good WI day, too though: it keeps you on the straight and narrow. Thanks! Looks like you did great, too!

@theslightedgeforever Can you do anything for the itchiness? Does it help to put a hot compress/cold compress on your eye? I got 100% yesterday! Is your Fitbit permanently deceased? Or did the battery just die on you?

Good morning everyone! I got on the spin bike yet again yesterday morning for 15 minutes. That makes 5 days in a row! :) I thought in my head, "I am going to have a massive loss at the scale!". Surely, between all of this activity (I met my activity goal of 150, see screenshot below) and eating well, ending the week with 8 weekly WW points and all of my FitPoints, surely I will have an even bigger loss than last week's 4.2 lb loss. And I got on the scale and what was I rewarded with? A 0.8 lb gain! :( It was like a balloon deflating, my friends! My heart sank so quickly. But then I remembered what I had for dinner: a poke bowl. It's kind of salty. So maybe that's why I showed a gain. Or it could be from the increase in activity. Regardless, I'm sorely disappointed and I hope this doesn't turn me off from exercising.

On other subjects, today, I will get some exercise when I go to the Botanic Gardens with a retired coworker. We will walk around (socially distancing) the gardens and have a nice chat. Other than that, I am going to relax.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Oct 11-Oct 17:
    - get up from my desk every hour and stretch
    - put my utensil down between bites (CARRYOVER GOAL)
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything (CARRYOVER GOAL)

86e5cnmltahk.jpg
  • mswatson0777
    @cbabie You are so active! Look at all that movement time, even your slower days are impressive. And peanut butter is my absolute favorite. I have to fit it in every morning or I binge on it

@trooworld Going to the botanic gardens sounds like so much fun! And I wouldn't worry about the gain. Usually after a whoosh loss there's a bit of a rebound. Way to go sticking with your goals!

@theslightedgeforever I'm with you there. Exercise is the easy one, the food struggle is so hard! And the Hamilton soundtrack is one of my favorites! I blast it at work when I'm having a bad day.

Happy weekend all! I got a ton of school stuff done on Friday so today I'm taking a day off to just relax. Last night was a lot of fun, we were up until almost 2am with our friends! Today I'm definitely lagging a bit since I only got 6 hours of sleep. But I'm making good food choices and I pre-tracked dinner tonight since we're getting takeout. also took the dogs for a walk this morning and am meeting up with a friend for a hike so I'm staying active.

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Happy Saturday!
    Busy week last week and next week looks just as busy. I had applied for a better paying position in my department, had the interview and awaiting the results. I don’t know which is more anxiety producing- waiting for the interview or waiting for the results.... :#
    I also decided to go with the Garmin Fenix 6s Sapphire. Battery life alone was a winner for me. Going to be pacing regularly until I hear about the results.
  • cbabie
    Afternoon all, Well no walk as of yet today.. I did get to the grocery store and have 5300 steps in right now, but probably not good on cardio or zone. I am trying to make good choices today as Sat and Sun are my let my hair down days. I made chicken fajitas last night..yummy. I love that chicken is so high in protein. I can remember when I would NEVER eat chicken..a bad childhood memory did me in. but at the old age of 30..I had to make some changes. Now I rarely eat red meat.

@gemwolf110 I hope you get the job, hopefully not stressful. LOL. More money usually means more stress. I think that's in the fine print. LOL. Let us know how you like the Garmin. I have a couple of friends, that would not have anything else.

@trooworld I am sorry for the little gain, but you know how weight is...it's like a woman's mind. it is constantly changing. :). I am so proud of all the exercise you have been doing. it will show up in the right manner and yes sometimes muscle weighs more than fat...I always say I full of muscle. LOL. kidding.. You day sounds SOOOOO relaxing.

@theslightedgeforever I hate when my fit bit isn't working..happened to me last night on my walk. phone and fitbit wouldn't communicate.. love the idea about the zone goal. LOL. I still have all those Love is clippings..LOL

Cbabie
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @trooworld that is such a shame. But regardless of the slight gain, it sounds like you’ve been doing really well with your goals and activity. Walking around a botanical garden sounds like fun.

@theslightedgeforever I’ve never heard of salt on watermelon. Hm. Don’t think I would like it, as I usually I like watermelon when I’m thirsty and salt would just make it worse.

@cbabie that is a neat tracker! What app is that? ….I do think walking outside is better than the treadmill. It’s better calorie burn bc you are actually moving your body through space, and mentally it is maybe nicer to see a change of scenery.

@mswatson hike and finnish food sounds fun. What would that be? I’m guessing seafood?

@TeresaW1020 congrats on Onederland! That’s One-derful! Speaking of puzzles, I spend half my time now looking at pictures of people’s puzzles on fb. It is so not-stressful. It’s my mental break lol.

Seems like everyone is a fan of pumpkin pie. Well bc of that my weight is not down this week, but I'm maintaining so that is good. I'll have the last piece tonight. I was also kind of off the rails this week with tracking exercise. Will get back at it tomorrow.

Weather is still nice here and fairly mild. Today I went to look at one neighbourhood where I was thinking of moving. It is okay, a possibility. It would be quieter than where I am, but there is still grocery and transit nearby. I think I'm going to go to a different neighbourhood every weekend that's on my list. I need to see different areas to think about what I would like.

Tomorrow will also try to go for a bike ride.
  • TeresaW1020
    @its_cleo I belong to a couple of puzzle groups on FB, so you might see mine at some point. I just finished one today and totally forgot to take a picture of it. It was fun! A 2000 piece picture of a yard sale. That is a really good idea to tour different areas to find out if you want to buy there or not. We used to do that every weekend before we bought our last house. It took several weeks before my husband finally agreed that we were NOT moving to the East side of town and we could stop going over there. :D

@cbabie I love chicken fajitas! I make them often. :)

@gemwolf110 I hope you get the new position that you want! You just reminded me that I need to charge my Fitbit. :grin: I hope you like the Garmin. I’ve been hinting to DH how much I would love an Apple watch. Probably not going to happen but a girl’s gotta try.

@mswatson0777 Sounds like you are having a great weekend! B)

@trooworld I knew you were going to beat your activity goal with the amount of spinning you have been doing! :grin: I do think that the poke bowl could have affected your weight but I also really believe that it was all the activity. You haven’t been doing your spin bike like you have this week and that is going to make your muscles retain water for sure. The best way to get rid of it is to drink more water and keep up with the exercise. This is why I take a rest day on Thursdays and drink extra water that day to help get the best results on my Friday weigh-in. ;)

@theslightedgeforever Oh yeah, I tried to do a Beachbody plyometrics program once and that lasted a hot second. I am very mindful of my knees and how much they can handle. Yesterday, workout is all about jumping so I just turned off the program and walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes. :)

Hi everyone! Today has been quiet. I worked on my lesson for tomorrow, did some housework, finished a puzzle, and started a new one. Tonight is a big college football game that DH will do his very best to stay up and watch. He is annoyed that it doesn’t come on until 8 pm since he usually starts nodding off by 9 pm. I will have the evening to do whatever and I think I’m going to listen to some podcasts and work on the new puzzle. I’m doing some serious thinking about pushing myself to do two 36 hours or more a week fast. I really want to get this weight off quicker and see if that will take care of my back issues. It will just take some planning on feeding mom and hubby. DH is totally supportive so that helps. :)
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I got 35% today. No my Fitbit is still alive and kicking. Just the battery died. It only holds a charge now 2-3 days it seems. Itchiness: basically I just rub my eyelid. Although I'm not supposed to be touching my eye in covid times. lol I'll just be glad to be done with all these medications. I'm tired of taking a bunch of pills. Good for you for exercising. Hang in there. Exercising is not all about the scale. Go write in your journal all of the other benefits that riding that spin bike is giving you. The opposite happened to me. I went over calories and ate salty food and then loss 3 lbs. Never go by the scale as your success monitor. It's too out of control. Think of how good you felt after riding that bike. Looking at your Halo. Your success is in your habits. That's what I'm telling myself. :D How come they raised your goal to 300?

@mswatson077 Sounds like you are doing all the right things today. Keep it up. I like botanic gardens too. A fun way to get in some movement.

@gemwolf110 Fingers crossed for the new job. So give us a review of the Garmin. At least pacing keeps you moving. How has the nutrition been this week?

@cbabie I'm so sick of chicken. Dh can't eat red meat because of a blood disorder so it's been chicken for about 20 years. Blech! I'm too lazy to cook two meats so I try to order it when I'm out. I became anemic when he first got diagnosed. Still low hemoglobin. I'm on iron pills. I make sheet pan chicken fajitas once a week since they are so easy.

@its_cleo So start again today on making good choices. I wish there was technology where you could share your pumpkin pie with us. Kind of like a 3-D printer. Then everyone would get just one piece and we would help you not overeat. lol Win Win. Dh and I looked all over for a new house and we always kept coming back to this neighborhood. It just felt right. You'll find what you are looking for. So is baseball season almost over? I'm so behind. Are we in the playoffs?

@teresaw1020 Yes, jumping is not for me right now. I hope one day it will be though. That's good that your family is so supportive of your fasts. Just keep tweaking. That's Dory's new motto.
    okgzidorsevy.jpg

So I finally got my new game ready to play called Nutrition Points. I'm doing it both for carbs and cals since I really track both anyway. 30 points a day for staying in boundary. (210 a week) I can earn bonus points and penalty points. I get 6 bonus points for meeting my intentional movement goal each day. I gave myself 3 points for exercising on a planned rest day. I went back and recorded last weeks numbers to see how this would work. I got zero points the first day on Sunday. It was a bad day. lol I'm using the app Tally.

Green Day- Stayed OP 188/238
    Intentional movement: 23 min walk
    15 zone minutes

October goals; Green dot day. o:) Drink 6 glasses of water :| Burn 275 calories :| Preplan food :(
  • theslightedgeforever
    2mhnzzp89i74.png
    z14k5mpz5gr2.png
    juheek3pa44d.png
  • trooworld
    edited October 2020
    @mswatson0777 Thanks and yes, the bontanic gardens was fun! I'm glad you got to unwind with your friends a bit. You sound like you are doing fantastic! :)

@gemwolf110 I will be thinking good thoughts for you for your interview results.

@cbabie Still, 5,300 steps is great! I love chicken fajitas. Great choice. LOL to the woman's mind comment!!! :D You are right. My day was very nice.

@its_cleo I have been doing really well. I will keep it up. It was fun. If you are asking cbabie about that graphic, that's my tracker and it's from the new Amazon Halo fitness tracker. I got it about a week ago. I like pumpkin pie. I like any pie, actually lol. That's a good idea to check out neighborhoods.

@TeresaW1020 Ah...good tip! I think I will make my rest day on Fridays (day before weigh-in) and do as you do, thanks! Your evening sounds relaxing. That's good you have your DH's support.

@theslightedgeforever What happened? Distracted? I got 100% again. I am kind of cheating: I'm putting tea bags in my water (1 lemon zinger and 1 berry zinger + ice...it's tasty and makes me drink more!). But I figure at least I am getting in liquids. That's good your Fitbit didn't totally die. Honestly, I hate exercise so much, I can't think of any benefits besides the scale. I really, really hate exercise. I wish I could not do exercise. Wow, congrats on the loss! I guess they figured that goal was too easy for me, now I can try for the next level lol. I'm up to 203 points now, thanks to my walk yesterday at the gardens. Your new game: that's so clever, you clever woman, you!!! It looks like Tally will work out well for that.

Hello all. I had a nice time at the Botanic Gardens yesterday. It was beautiful and good exercise, too. I was a bit disappointed that my friend/retired coworker kept taking off her mask even after I explained before going and even there that I had to be extra careful because if I gave my brother-in-law COVID, he wouldn't survive even a mild case. I just tried to keep my distance from her. She explained how she and her friends were very careful and she wanted me to feel comfortable around her. Then she went on to say she goes out to eat often, sees all these people, sometimes doesn't wear a mask around these people. I don't call that being very careful. I won't be hanging out with this retired coworker very often in the future. That's fine if she wants to practice that kind of behavior for herself but I can't be around people like that for the sake of my brother-in-law (and my husband, who is also high risk and refuses to get a flu shot). Picture is from the Bamboo Gardens part of the gardens.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Oct 18-Oct 24:
    - rate my hunger on a scale of 1-10 before eating
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything

vcqqx555j5jd.jpg
  • mswatson0777
    @trooworld I am so sorry to hear about your coworker, how incredibly inconsiderate! I am frustrated on your behalf and I completely understand why you would want to keep your distance for a bit.

@theslightedgeforever I love your summary page! What tracker do you use? It looks like you've been doing a great job with activity.

@TeresaW1020 Was your husband able to stay up for the game?

@its_cleo I love that you're exploring new neighborhoods! Our goal is to move to a quieter one in about 5 years.

@cbabie Isn't is funny how our tastes change? I used to not like spicy food and now it's my favorite! I'm glad chicken is now able to be one of your go-to foods

@gemwolf110 I hope you get the new job, how exciting!

Happy Sunday all! I did go a bit over calories yesterday but I tracked everything and I'm going to be more on track today. We are making savory Finnish pancakes tonight with a side salad and I'm really excited.

I'm having a hard time getting motivated to do any homework whatsoever. Or really motivated to do anything. I hate that I dread going to work now. I keep asking myself if it's doing the new job, or doing the new job in a pandemic. Or maybe it's doing this high stress job while also trying to stay on track for my doctorate. Either way it just sucks right now. I hope that it's one of those confounding factors because I really, really want to love this job.
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever Yup, me and Dory got the same motto. I’ve talked about doing these longer fast for a while but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. It’s my plan for next week. *fingers crossed* :D What is this Nutrition Points game that you are doing? That is a cool looking app. I like bar graphs. :)

@trooworld What an awesome picture of the garden! We have a nice botanical garden here but I’ve always wanted to go to the one in Atlanta which is huge. Maybe next spring. 😊 That is too bad about your friend being inconsiderate about her mask-wearing around you. She should have just told you that she isn’t that diligent before meeting you so you could decide. I have a very dear friend that I would love to see but she is super high risk and neither of us are going to chance it. She hasn't left her home since March! :/

@mswatson0777 Hubby made it to 11:00 and then we went to bed. His team lost big time, so it was for the best. :grin: I hate that you are dreading your job too. It surely doesn’t help your stress load to love what you are doing.

Hi everyone! Well, today was fun. I got to teach the kids in church about why the Sabbath is important. We played a few games where I totally ran them ragged and then we rested by eating candy and coloring. They love me! :grin: I did a 60-minute booty workout before church and I am already feeling it. Tomorrow, DH and I will be gone all day for our anniversary which is on Tuesday. We are getting up early and driving 2 hours to Blue Ridge, GA where we will ride a train for one hour, hang out in these two border towns for two hours, and then ride the train back. It is supposed to be a beautiful day and with the trees changing colors I’m excited. When we come back home, we are going to dinner at a local brewery that is right around the corner from us. Good food and local beer will be enjoyed! I’ll talk to you all on Wednesday. :)
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all..been awhile since I have been here. Still been working on cleaning up trees one or 2 days a week. We are getting to a stopping point soon. Yay! Although it has to be good exercise & last time it was a lot of steps, too. We had about 1/2" of snow last night..enough to cover the grass, but didn't stay on the streets. So not ready for that!

@mswatson0777 Did you say you will be done with your studies in the spring? You only have 6 months to go then!! I hope it is just all the stress from trying to do so much & that you do like the job. What was the Finnish food? We had an exchange student from Sweden with us for a school year when dd was a junior. She didn't share much about their food, tho. Suppose it could be like the Norwegian food we had at holidays when I was growing up.

@trooworld The picture of the bamboo was so pretty & so green!! We are gradually losing our green, but have so many pretty red maples now. We are skipping our "leaf color trip" with our friends this year. They already went, because I think all of us are leery of being in a car together for 8 hours or so. (we usually make a day of it) I am intrigued with your new Amazon tracker, but don't understand some of it. I am tired of my Fitbit 2, I want something that shows my active zone minutes better, & some of them do BP & O2 readings, too. Keep riding that bike!! It will show up on the scale soon. That's too bad about your ex co-worker. Some people!!

@TeresaW1020 Wow, just don't know how you manage such long fasts!! But we are all different, so whatever works for you is best. You said about a crustless pumpkin pie, I love pumpkin pie, but not crazy about crust, so I just don't eat the crust. Saves calories, too. Costco has such a huge pie for so cheap, I never make it myself anymore, lol.

@itscleo Definitely check out different neighborhoods. We had looked for a long time when this house came on the market. I love the house, but think I would have rather had a different neighborhood. This one is full of kids & I wish there more people closer to our age. Of course, a ranch style in a bunch of 2 stories should have given us a hint, lol. How is Canada doing with Covid? Our cases are rising all the time.

@gemwolf110 Good luck with the new job.

@theslightedgeforever Your Nutrition Points game looks interesting. Not sure I understand it either. Guess I am just computer illiterate, lol. Good job with the 3# loss. Hope your shingles heals quickly. That made me really think about getting my shot soon!

@cbabie Good job with all the walks. I definitely enjoy the outside ones more than the treadmill, unless I have something good on TV. I laughed awhile back where you said you thought you were the oldest here. I think I have you beat. I didn't realize your birthday is 3 days after mine.

Well, not much more. I am having a super lazy Sunday. I should busy & do something.
    Have a great week.

• its_cleo
    @TeresaW1020 I can relate to your husband. I hate when games start at 8 or 9. I like to be in bed by 10 lol. Tonight I'll be watching the Dodgers. 8 pm start. Not sure if I will be able to stay up to 1130! Good luck with the fasting, be careful though. ....sounds like a lot of fun with the kids! And happy anniversary.....If I see you on Puzzle Facebook I'll say hi!

@theslightedgeforever lol re sharing the pie. I'm sure we could share it in some virtual reality game. It's gone now. ....baseball is still going. World series starts Tuesday. It will be Tampa Bay Rays and someone. If LA gets in, I'll watch it. If LA gets knocked out today then baseball is pretty much done for me. It will be nice to have a break actually. Your nutrition points game sounds fun.

@trooworld cool tracker. Yeah I have a coworker like that. It's really a pain. Nice picture!

@RetiredAndLovingIt covid in Canada....well we have less cases than the US but it is rising here a bit the last couple weeks. I don't think there is as much controversy here about it as there is in the US. Cleaning up trees- is that trimming them? Sounds like a lot of work.

well so it's Sunday and my goal for this week is 11.5 hours of intentional movement. Today I got an hour of walking in. Calorie goal- 1700 cals a day or die trying. Lol. Seriously I can't seem to make any calorie goals. So maybe if I spell it out here that will help.

I don't know if you recall but I got achilles tendonitis in the spring and it still hasn't healed. I think I might have to bite the bullet and see a physio or something. I just dont want to bc it's expensive and our health care doesn't cover it normally. I'll give it a few weeks and if it doesn't progress then I will.

Cloudy day here. I just want to flake out.
  • its_cleo
    I forgot to say- I bought 2 cookbooks today bc I need some inspiration. I actually went to a physical bookstore and just looked around and bought two that looked ok. One is vegetarian not bc I'm a vegetarian but I just wanted some ideas for some veggie based meals.

The veggie one is Oh She Glows and the other one is called Bite Me Balance Cookbook. Which is kind of a weird name lol but it looks ok.