NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Yeah, I made the menu based on the idea that I would be cooking it on the weekend so that's not necessarily easy, but I lucked out and most of it is easy. I love your new mantra!!!

@its_cleo All of my lunches are leftovers from the night before, so there's that. Unfortunately, I get sick of things really easily, so I can't have the same thing more than 2 meals in a row (dinner then lunch is about all I can do lol). I wish I had the room to make extra and freeze, but unfortunately, my freezer is pretty small. I hope to get a larger freezer someday when we move. Wow, -20 weather! Excellent work!

@theslightedgeforever the menu is already made and I cannot afford to waste the groceries I already bought. I'm just going to have to power through it and make do with what we have. I'll work it out. I'm using my instant pot tonight to make carnitas, that's easy.

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!!

@its_cleo, walking in that kind of weather must have kept you moving fast!! You are doing awesome!

@gettingmeback2013, It's always hardest to have control when we out of the normal routine. You want to have fun and relax when hubby is home but you also don't want to have him leave and go back on the road and you are stuck with a bunch of regrets. Is he supportive to your plan? That will make it so much easier for you.

@theslightedgeforever, I just Googled Mantra bands. Very cool!! That would be a lot cheaper and less painful than a tattoo!! :D

@trooworld, You are empowered so you will do great this week!! <3

Well, I lost 0.6 lbs this week. I, of course, wanted more but considering my Wednesday binge I'm pretty happy that I lost that much. This week will be much better! Afterall I have my new mantra! B) I was super bummed this morning because my WW leader is moving away at the end of February. I LOVE this woman and hate to see her go. I'm hoping that I will like the new leader who is taking over. Our group promised to be open and give her a chance. There really is no other day that works as well as Tuesdays so I better like her! :/
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    @trooworld. It looks like you have your plan all figured out. That’s good.

@TeresaW1020 I saw the mantra bands on Instagram on someone’s profile. I hope you get a good inspiring leader. You still lost a bit of weight. You’re headed in the right direction. My scale is slow going this week despite having done well. I’m just concentrating on that one lb at the end of Day 30. My efforts will show up later.

Another day of staying within my boundaries. I had an exercise rest day with a 17 min walk. Journal done. Big sticker day.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I had to look on Etsy for Mantra bands after reading that too, very cool! I plan on getting "EMPOWERED" on one. 0.6 lbs is within WW's healthy range (.5 - 2 lbs), so you are good, congrats on the loss!

@theslightedgeforever We'll see. Congrats on a job well done yesterday.

Tracking done. Over in calories, but it's done.

EMPOWERED.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Morning, I have been sick with a cold. I can't even try to catch up on all the personals. I hope you all have a great week. I am still fasting, had to break it a little due to me being under the weather, but still no sugar or PB.

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @cbabie, I am so sorry you are sick. Please take care of yourself. Good on you for continuing to stay away from sugar and PB. <3

@theslightedgeforever, the scale can be so stinking frustrating!! I made a 0 point turkey chili last night for dinner and had a great day with my eating. Yet the scale was still up a few tenths this morning. Do I blame the sodium? Probably! I told my husband I might do an experiment where I eat nothing but high sodium foods and see if I can shock my body into accepting them. He didn't think that was a good idea. :D

@trooworld, Tracking is the key!! I like the idea of you getting an Empowered mantra band. I saw like 6 that I really want. B)

I did an hour of exercise this morning and now I'm finishing lunch and will get up and begin cleaning my house. Our neighbor is getting a new roof so hubby took the dog over to doggy daycare for the day because she was losing her mind! Then my husband is having lunch with our pastor and has a ton of errands to run. So, I have the house all to myself for at least the next three hours!! Living with a retired husband means that I'm rarely at home at alone. And what do I want to do? Clean!! :D:p

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just checking in. I'm good.

Went to the gym yesterday and worked out with my trainer. My legs are so sore today I can barely move lol. It's not usually that bad but we did something different, and my body felt it!. One of the frustrating things for me at the gym is I can't breathe properly and it really affects what I can do. Like yesterday we were doing a type of squat and I couldn't breathe properly and had to stop. That was the first time ever I had to bail on move. My trainer is really good and I feel safe with him, he is like a brother, very sweet guy. But the breathing is a chronic problem. Need to start doing some deep breathing exercises or something.

@TeresaW1020 ah sometimes house work can feel good. A- everything is clean after, b- sometimes it is therapeutic to be energetic and clean as opposed to being a couch potato or something. I feel that sometimes when I do housework- the other times I would rather be a couch potato, ha.

@cbabie take care, hope you feel better soon.

@trooworld EMPOWERED sounds like a great idea for a Mantra bracelet. I think something like that would be super popular.

@theslightedgeforever you are really doing great with you tracking and exercising!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld That would be a nice Mantra band. Great job on your tracking.

@cbabie. Sorry to hear you are sick. That’s great that you didn’t turn to sugar for comfort.

@TeresaW1020 Ha on the high sodium experiment. I can’t eat tuna on the day before a weigh in. It does something to me. I understand the cleaning while you are alone bit. Good job on your exercise

@its_cleo Sounds like you are working really hard at the gym. It’s nice to have a good trainer.

I stayed OP with food today and got in 72 min of exercise. Journal done. Big sticker day
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm so sorry you have been sick with a cold. I hope you feel better soon. That is commendable that you have stayed off sugar and PB while you are sick, way to go!

@TeresaW1020 Yes, the more I do this journey, the more important I see tracking is. :) LOL you are funny wanting to clean while you have the house to yourself!!! Enjoy! ;)

@its_cleo I'm sorry you were having breathing problems, that would definitely make it difficult to do squats or other exercises. I hope you find a solution. Yes, I can see EMPOWERED Mantra bracelets being popular, too!

@theslightedgeforever Thanks! Great job!

Hi all. I did something out of my comfort zone yesterday: I was talking to an acquaintance from another department at work, and she invited me to join her walking at lunch group, so instead of eating my lunch at break, I went for a 30-minute walk with these other ladies. We walked for 1.61 miles. I then ate my lunch while working afterward. In order to do this on a regular basis, I needed to ask my boss if I could take my lunch just 15-20 minutes earlier on the days that I wanted to do this. She was a bit of a micromanager about it but she said I could do it. It kind of made me mad that she was like that, I am a professional and a hard worker, I deserve some flexibility. I got over 10,000 steps yesterday which is just about unheard of for me. I'll definitely get a special sticker!
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I am getting better, and was hungry yesterday. So that is good..LOL the great news is that my DH birthday was yesterday and I had bought an all chocolate cake, thinking the family would eat it while I was at church...no they waited until I got home...but I did not eat ONE BITE...still on the fast. Everyone loved it and said it was so moist...but I didn't give in.. the fast ends Sunday, so we will have to see what if any of my behavior still changes...LOL

@trooworld I had a boss like that..thank you Lord, I no longer work there. You are doing great!!!

@TeresaW1020 LOL, my DH is retired, but since I work really all but Fridays now, I enjoy him home. Sometimes he can be really annoying because things like , he put the coffee filter and the coffee in it and lays it on the top of my convection oven "waiting" for himself to be done with coffee ...takes the trash out every other minute..it's Like you want to say RELAX...you have the rest of your life with no time tables.. LOL

@its_cleo Sorry that you are having breathing issues when you work out. Did you ask your trainer what you could do to help you breathe better? I am glad you are enjoying the gym. I don't miss my trainer, he was creepy after a bit. He started sending me pictures of himself in text messages. I had to quit going to him.

@theslightedgeforever Good job on staying OP, you are remaining in your groove. That is really good!!!

Okay guys internet keeps going in and out, so I will post this when it comes back up. I don't want to keep typing and I lose everything. LOL PS I can't remember who asked, I think it was TrishasTime...it's my computer. I have an old laptop.

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Coming in from Melbourne where the current temp is 44 C (111.2 F). Activity limited due to restriction. I left my 100 day plan at work ( the one from @theslightedgeforever ) can someone please reattach the link here? So I can catch up

@trooworld, @TeresaW1020 ,
    Many thanks
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld That’s great that you joined that walking group. Hopefully your manager will learn a healthier employee is a more productive employee. Yaaay on the 10000 steps and the sticker

@cbabie. I would have had me a 1/2 piece of that cake in the freezer for Monday. Lol. You did well. Your DH has to have something to fill his day. Wait til the new baby is walking around touching all the walls😂 ooh and the sliding door glass.

@TrishasTime Stay cool. I’ll go look for that link and post it for you.

Another day of staying in boundaries with my food but just barely. I had to cut the portion size down on my evening snack to get the numbers to work. I’ve been craving pizza and had two medium slices which was cut in half to make four. I ate them slowly and paused before each little piece. Exercise was 52 minutes. Journal done. Big sticker day
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Wow, great job! I do not know if I would have the strength to resist such a cake! Thank you for the encouragement. I feel like I am on the upswing. Happy birthday to your hubby!

@theslightedgeforever Yes, I wanted to say: "If I lose weight, I'll miss less time and be happier overall, be more productive." But I didn't want to bust myself out like that lol. Great job with the pizza, you amaze me, girl!

Hello all. Well, I hate to say it, but I think (I am 89% sure) I am getting plantar fasciitis in my right foot. I've had it before so I know what it feels like. It can come on when you take on exercise too quickly which is what I am doing. No good deed goes unpunished. Sigh. I'm not giving up though when I get paid again, I'm going to go to a foot specialty store and get some inserts or something. I don't want to quit!

EMPOWERED.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @trooworld, that's great about the walking group. Sorry about your manager though, that sucks. I used to manage people and I was always flexible about stuff like that. I found if you trust people they tend to respond and work more anyway.

@cbabie that sounds awful about your trainer. I feel like a lot of gyms have bad trainers, tbh and I feel bad for people that get sucked in. The place I go to is really expensive, but all of their trainers have excellent education, and are real professionals. I stick with it bc it helps me physically but it also helps me mentally. I don't spend a lot of money on other things, so it's kind of my treat.

The breathing, I don't know. I just need to relearn. I went through a lot of physical trauma in my early life and so that affects all kinds of things, one thing it has affected is my breathing patterns. Like when someone experiences trauma they breathe shallow, and it gets engrained if the trauma is prolonged or recurring. So physiologically sometimes my body reacts like it did before. I just have to practice and try to retrain myself. It's a pain in the butt lol. It is related to chronic anxiety, which I also have due to my past, but I've learned to manage it/deal with it for the most part. It's just nagging symptoms now, like the breathing, that I have to try to fix.

@TrishasTime yeah I heard about the heat, and about some poor animals dying. It sounds terrible.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Yes this is a branch on the road to health and you still need to get to your destination. Good idea for moving around this obstacle.

@gemwolf110 How are you dealing with the cold? I hate cold. Now that I’m getting older I think my body hates it more too. Lol.

@its_cleo people put money where their priorities are I always say. Good for you for making your health a priority. I always feel for the animals out in the extreme hot and cold

A good day for me with food. Stayed within my boundaries. It was an exercise rest day but still got in 34 min. I did my usual 15 in the morning but then got sucked into the last few minutes of a Fitbit challenge and was only 200-300 steps within the reach of others. So we battled it out. Good news is that I’m #1 on my friends list today. That usually never happens. Dh dropped to #2. I gloated. Now just realized he’s been sick for two days. 😂. Ah well the spoils of war. Journal done. It was about my favorite foods. I had a lot of them. Big sticker day
  • trooworld
    Options
    @its_cleo Yes exactly! She's generally cool about things but can be a micromanager about some things.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks! You are an inspiration, you know that?

Hello all. My foot has been bothering me so I ordered these compression socks that are supposed to help with plantar fasciitis. We'll see if they help. I don't want to stop walking. I couldn't walk yesterday because of my work schedule, and due to my work schedule next week, I will have to miss a few days, but I will rejoin my group the following week. My hubby and I are going to a friend's house for dinner and Scrabble with her and her husband. I am making a fruit salad to bring. It's my favorite fruit salad recipe: it has a hint of honey and lime.

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Good morning!

@trooworld, That is great that you want to walk on your lunch hour but what a bummer about your foot giving you issues. I've had chronic foot issues most of my life, so I agree that you should go to a good shoe store and see about insoles and maybe even the right pair of walking shoes. Hopefully, the compression socks will help. I LOVE a good fruit salad! <3

@its_cleo, it's good that you know what is causing your breathing issues and how you can manage it. Many people would give up on exercising and use their past experiences as the reason, but it sounds like you plan to push through and be an overcomer. Good for you!! :)

@cbabie, Wow that is awesome that you didn't have any of the chocolate cake. I really don't think I could be that strong but you are doing amazing! I think you can keep up your new behaviors if you choose to do so. It's all about choices, isn't it? ;)

@TrishasTime, wow that is hot! You be careful! Do you all have a lot of humidity or is it a dry heat? Georiga, where I live, is all about the crazy humidity in the summer but I've lived in dry states too. Not sure which is better. Hot is hot! :D

@theslightedgeforever, hey you own that Fitbit win, even if it is because DH is sick. ;) Yup, it's day 25 for me and the journal wanted me to write down my favorite foods. It would be easier to write down what I don't like. :D

So, it's day 25 of my 100-day challenge and this morning I'm feeling annoyed with myself because I know that I haven't been giving it my all. I'm maintaining nicely but I'm not really losing weight like I know I should be. I watched this incredible video earlier and the woman was talking about how we all have issues and how we have a choice if we are going to let our issues define us or are we going to do the work it takes to be free. She said that we have to be "willing to embrace the pain of recovery." That really struck me because there is pain in losing weight. We have to deny ourselves the chocolate cake, we have to learn to breathe, we have to find ways to walk while in pain, we have to continually fight obstacles that are always coming at us. It is hard and that is a fact. But what we do with the hard is what defines us. Today, I'm going to embrace the pain! :)
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld That fruit salad sounds yummy. Plus Scrabble too. That sounds like a fun night.

@TeresaW1020 if all of us did what we were supposed to be doing all the time then everyone of us would be at goal. I keep saying just for today. I can do this just for today. I have been pushing the boundaries to the utmost limit this week. Bend but not break. I think embrace the pain would make a good mantra bracelet. My dd is headed to Georgia early morning. She’s going with her class for some robotic surgery training. I keep singing Georgia on my mind every time she mentions it. She says stop doing that. Lol. She’ll be in Atlanta for a couple of days. Is Georgia famous for peaches? I’ll have to look that up. I told her that and she says yummmm. Peach cobbler 🙄. I said nice healthy juicy peach the way God intended. I obviously wasn’t on my health journey when I raised her.

Stayed within food boundaries. Exercised for 43 min. Journal is done. Big sticker day.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I looked up reviews of the Good Feet store around here (I see commercials for them all time on tv) and I see bad reviews saying they just upsell you for $300 inserts, and you are better off getting custom inserts from your doctor. :/ I think if the compression socks don't work, I'll go to my doctor first and ask them about the Good Feet store and see what he says. I don't want to get roped into $300 inserts if I can avoid it lol. The fruit salad was really good, as was the rest of the meal! :) re: that video you watched...there is definitely pain in losing weight. We have to face the pain of why we are holding onto our weight, what purpose does it serve us? Does it really serve us at this point? Embrace your pain, girl! You've got this!

@theslightedgeforever It was yummy. My friend made turkey burgers and baked fries and we had the fruit salad. It was good. We played Scrabble, I lost terribly, my husband's friend beat us all. It was a lot of fun.

Hi all. This week for meal prep, I'm doing something a little easier. One of the days, we have the option of having either a frozen dinner or sandwiches. That takes some of the pressure off us to cook so much. Here's our meal plan for this week:

Sichuan Braised Tofu with Beef (Mapo Tofu) + rice
    Slow Cooker Chicken & Garlic Gravy + Mashed Cauliflower
    Thai Curry Grilled Chicken + Thai Quinoa Salad
    frozen dinner or sandwiches
    Greek Quesadillas or Pita Pizzas (depending on how lazy I feel)

For breakfast, I'm making turkey sausage and having a bagel: Maple Blueberry Turkey Sausage Breakfast Patties