NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,225 Member
    Options
    @trooworld The only thing I ever saw on your ticker was a positive message. Making strides toward health. I decided to go with pounds to go as a reminder. I used to put how much I lost but then I could always tell myself look how far I’ve come. That’s like taking a trip from NYC to LA. I’ve been stuck in Chicago a long time but kept telling myself well I started in NY. Who cares! Get to LA. I’m sure it’s warmer there. Lol.

@cbabie. Your sister sounds smart and likes to stop and smell the roses 😬 or the Oreos. Semantics. But if you look at it who’s fat and who’s thin. There’s more to this journey than willpower. Although I don’t know if that’s even the right word. I still think it comes down to Habits and what we tell ourselves and allow ourselves.

@Sparkle1098 Hooray on your wins. That’s awesome. I would have had to either move the donut or put a Kleenex over it so I couldn’t see it for that long. I have the premium package. I use it because I’m prediabetic and like to see which foods are the highest in carbs each day so I can either cut down the frequency or the portion size. I use it because I can change my daily calorie goals. I have slightly higher on Thursdays and Saturdays because I know I’m going to eat more. I have three days a week with average calories and then I dropped a 100 cals in two days to tweak my overall weekly average. When I use it properly like now it helps me both with weight and glucose numbers. They are both down at the present moment.

@TrishasTime I’ll gladly take your 40 degree Celsius heat over cold any day. I just don’t like the cold. But you know come summer I’ll sing a different tune. Lol. Enjoy your trip. Make good choices.

@gemwolf110 Are you back to tracking your food?

@gettingmeback2013 Thanks for the yogurt recipe. That’s good that you are balancing out your calories. Stay warm!

I stayed within my calories. I made some yummy chili and remembered as a child on Fridays we would have PB and J sandwiches with chili So I checked and still had enough calories for half a sandwich. It was so good. It was an exercise off day but did my usual 15 min walk. Journal done. No snooze and another big sticker day. Onto Day 19. Almost done with second part of the 100 day challenge.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

@gettingmeback2013 and @Sparkle1098, Welcome to the group! You have found a very supportive group of women so jump right in. That's what I did! :)

@cbabie, you are doing great on your fast! I have never done a fast before even though I have often felt that I should. Might want to listen to that still small voice, huh? ;) Your last post really spoke to me because I have the exact same mentality. I can't just have 3 Oreos and put the bag away. I WILL eat them all! Learning to live my life the way God intended is something to really focus on. In Bible study, we are doing the book "The Me I want to Be." It's really good and insightful. :)

@its_cleo, becoming healthy and strong are great whys and you are wrong about it being too late to become an athlete. My WW weight recorder didn't start running until her mid 50's and she just completed her first marathon at 63 years old and has no intention of slowing down. So, we shouldn't say it's too late for anything. We just have to want it bad enough and go get it. B)

@trooworld, I'm glad you will get some time to relax this weekend. You need it!! I love seeing your word, EMPOWERED at the end of your post. It empowers me and that is what this group is all about. <3

@TrishasTime, I hope you have a wonderful time being off work! 10 hour days are no fun and it will be good for you to regroup and get back to doing what is good for you. Congrats on GD being in a major production. What role is she playing? I love Grease!! <3

@gemwolf110, Good job on tracking! I've been really working on being honest and tracking no matter what. Except for two days ago. That wasn't pretty! *See below ;)

Well, I think I finally caught up with ya'll! I love reading all your post so much. :) I've had a rough week and went totally off the rails on Thursday. I ate everything in sight and went to bed so mad at myself and feeling so guilty. Especially when my husband tells me how proud of me he is. Ugghhhh!! Last Tuesday marked 11 months since my daughter passed away and yesterday would have been her 27th birthday. She has been so much on my heart and once I started eating the cookies I just didn't stop. Not really using that as an excuse but acknowledging that my resistence to temptation was down and I just gave in. The good news is that yesterday morning all the cookies left my area and I worked hard on focusing on doing what I know to do. My daughter would want me to keep going and to become the best I can be. We talked a whole lot over the years about conquering our addictions. She was't able to but I'm still here and I will conquer my addiction to food!

Today, I plan to get in a really good workout and then I have to study for tomorrow. I'm the children's church teacher and we are doing Exodus. I have an object lesson to turn dry ground into blood. They will love it! :p
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I’m really sorry for your loss. It’s totally understandable you would struggle around the week of her birthday. I’m glad you can keep her in your memory and heart. In terms of messing up, one thing when I have tough times and mess up, is try to learn from it, I figure if I can at least learn something from it about myself to help me next time then that is a positive, and it sounds like you are trying to move forward with something positive too.

Also- that is incredible about the marathon. I like to run but I'm a slowpoke. I've never been able to do 5k without some kind of injury. So I just run as much as I can. I'm hopeful maybe eventually the exercises I do with my trainer will help me be less injury prone.

@gettingmeback2013 I do that too, make a plan for breakfast and then sometimes save some of it for later. I read somewhere that our brain takes a whole to process when we have eaten/no longer hungry, so hunger feelings can persist for a while even if we have enough. So now sometimes if I get hungry I wait an hour and see if it is genuine hunger or not. But they say one reason people overeat at meals is because their body is still giving the hunger cue bc the brain has not caught up. At least I think I read that somewhere! Lol.

@theslightedgeforever , yeah a switch is a good way to think of it. Mine seems off right now. I agree wish I could figure out what makes it work! Sounds like you’re making great progress on the hundred day challenge. I want to check it out, but havent had time yet.

@cbabie I think slowly adding in some proteins as you come off the fast is a good idea. I find re-introducing stuff is a big challenge. I know myself I should go slow, just in terms of adding calories but it’s hard for me not to be all or nothing.

Hey @Sparkle1098 , work is the worst for junk food. I was saying earlier at one point I told my colleagues I had a rule, I wouldn’t eat junk food at work, and it really helped me to just not each junk at work and people knew. I made it kind of a light thing, when I talked about it, so everyone was ok with it.

@TrishasTime I hope you enjoy the leave. I’m jealous of the weather- today is -12c here.

@gemwolf110 yeah I like MFP but I don’t think the premium is worth it, though I haven’t tried it.

Well I am doing well with food- I have a ton of extra points on WW and all week I was dreaming of indulging in something big and now I find I dont really want to. I keep thinking of the calorie count and the effect it will have on my weight loss. So not sure what I will do.

I’m also really trying to exercise. I work from home a lot and get a lot of cabin fever, also when you work from home you're very sedentary. I try to move a lot, but this week wasn't good bc I wasn't feeling great, I had a fair bit of work to do, and I was a wimp bc of the weather. I’m trying to do better as of yesterday bc exercise really helps me not get in a funk. So I went for a hour walk this morning even though it was cold. I just bundled up. And I will go the gym for an hour this afternoon.

I gotta get an avatar set up this week.
  • Sparkle1098
    Sparkle1098 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

@theslightedgeforever great job with your exercise and no snooze alarm!! Thank you for the information on premium that was a big help! Great job on your 100 day challenge!!!

@trooworld I love that you have a word of the year! Thank you for that inspiration!

@cbabie Great job on the PB and yes One Day at a Time!!!

@trishastime Safe travels!! Have fun!!

@gemwolf110 Thanks for the response on MyFitnessPal premium. I'm still haven't made my decision yet. I going to overanalyze it (downfall of mine)

@gettingmeback2013 Not sure where your located. I'm in the suburbs of Chicago and we received a snow storm also.

@teresaw1020 I'm sorry for the loss of your daughter. I truly be leave that our loved ones in heaven are watching over us and wants what's best for us and guide us through good and rough times. Every day is a new day and we just need to take it one day at a time. You’re AMAZING!! Truly AMAZING!! Enjoy your workout and don't study to hard. The object lesson sounds very interesting.

Friday is my check in day. As of yesterday it has been 2 weeks and I have lost 7.7 pounds. I know the 1st couple of weeks are easier then all of the rest. I did the elliptical this morning for 40 minutes! Last week I only exercised one time. My downfall is making time during the week with work and everything else. Goal this week is 3 times. Putting it on the calendar to become accountable.

Have a GREAT day!

Sparkle & Shine for the world to see my friends!!!
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    @Sparkle1098 I am in northeast Ohio, about 45 minutes SE of Cleveland. Last I saw before it got dark, it looked like maybe 5 or 6 inches have fallen so far. Supposed to snow through the night, have a breather then lake effect snow is supposed to start tomorrow night! Out advisory doesn't expire until 4am Monday! Cross your fingers that my office is closed on Monday! hahahaha

@TeresaW1020 Thank you for the welcome, and I am doing just that! I look forward to reading everyone's posts at the end of my day! Even if I don't always post, I will always read. Although I do want to post often, I think it will help me so much! Also, my heart hurts for you and your daughter. I'm so sorry to hear. I know it isn't even in the same playing field as losing a child, but our family lost my nephew on January 1st due to addiction and overdose. "Expecting" it to happen doesn't take the immense hurt away, doesn't change the lost hope. All I can say is he now at peace and hopefully, his inner demons that were so loud while he was here are quiet now. I hope the same for your daughter.

@its_cleo I've always read 20 minutes, but you know? An hour does make much more sense. If I get distracted past the 20-minute mark, I have found more often than not that an hour later, I do not have hunger pangs anymore!

@theslightedgeforever you're welcome, you won't be disappointed. And I'm trying! I'm all cozy on the couch as we speak :)

Today has been spent on my couch riding out Winter Storm Harper. Still coming down pretty good out there, very thankful for a warm home and that my family is home safe with me, and that I know all of my friends are also home safe. Been enjoying some TV and cooking today. Attached is my dinner of cheeseburger with sharp cheddar on homemade ciabatta roll, browned yams and berries and grapes. Was delicious!

Hope everyone has a great rest of their day!
    ozquqqoxnuve.jpg
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

@sparkle1098 - I purchased the premium, the only advantage that I could see that benefited me is if you had an issue, the service desk would come back to you very quickly (in a couple of hours). Where I believe if you are free then you wait a lot more than that. Congratulations on your weight loss - great to see you have put in your calendar

@gettingmeback2013 - How did the day inside go? I would welcome a little bit of cold (not snow). We are lucky to be in the air con but it is abit like the snow storm you are kinda trapped inside because if you step out, the dry heat knocks you flying.

@trooworld - I liked your ticker, it is announcing to the world that you are on a journey, it does not matter how fast or slow you, it is a statement that you want to get to a point.

@cbabie - Your sister likes to say a lot of things (Lol) but she does have some words of wisdom :) For me it is a lifestyle

@gemwolf - Congratulations on tracking every day - that shows alot of determination

@its_cleo - Can you not do something inside like "Leslie Sansone" when the weather is bad, so you are less sedentary. It is always good to get out of the cabin as well.

@Teresaw2010 - I can fully understand why and I am so sorry you are in so much pain, I am glad that you are working hard and focussing and you remember - you have a very definite of "why are you doing this"

Yesterday was busy with GD performing in Grease. Then a 60th last night. Got an offer on our investment house, so looking at that this morning. If we go with it, then it will lessen one more pressure that we decided n when DH retired

Take care everyone and stay warm or cool wherever you are

Trish
  • prisoner2food
    prisoner2food Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Flying by. Home from my daughters this weekend to work a couple overtime shifts. Helping with twin newborns and a nearly two year old is very busy!! But I lost a couple pounds that I had gained over Christmas and am at 16 pounds lost. Not much in the scheme of needing to lose 120 but a loss is a loss!
    Have to rest before night shift so off I go.
    Keep working hard.

Karen in BC
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @gemwolf110 That’s a good habit you are making for yourself.

@TeresaW1020 Who is your favorite character in Grease? I think mine was Naughty Sandy I had that soundtrack album and played it over and over. Sorry you went through such bad days. We’re human. It happens and like you said time to move back toward healthier eating. Hugs.

@its_cleo when it’s that cold I would have trouble moving around too. I’m glad you got your exercise in. When I want something yummy right now I’m writing it in my Magic Notebook. Then tell how myself I can have it later. I write how much I would eat to satisfy me. Sometimes I eat the food later and figure it all in and I still have a couple of items left on my list. Right now they are just a passing fancy

@Sparkle1098 Another thing I forgot to say about the premium is I have different calorie goals for different meals on different days. Wow on losing almost 8 lbs. You rock. plus 40 min on the elliptical? I can do 5 and my legs are screaming for me to stop. Just keep following your plan. You’ll get there.

@gettingbacktome2013 your meal looked yummy. Especially the ciabatta. I hope the snow doesn’t keep you too blocked in.

@TrishasTime Growing up I had to always write I will not talk in class 100 times. For years I had to do that. Plus they would move my seats. I’m just a talker. Lol. How was Grease? Which part did she play? So now who was your favorite character? I’m still singing one of the songs in my head right now. Teresa started it. It’s the song at the very end of the movie.

So another good day of staying within my boundaries but it was close today. 64 min of walking no snooze and a big sticker 😎 Tomorrow will be weigh in day. Onto Day 20
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @prisoner2food At least you are headed in the right direction with your weight loss. Good for you on the 2 lbs. this is our year.
  • its_cleo
    Options
    So I kind of blew it last night, ordered a bunch of takeout. Disappointed in myself.

I think it goes back to that idea of planning and allowing some treats in moderation to avoid a blowout. That was what I started to so this week, but then I was like, no I dont need to indulge in anything. And then just gave in out of the blue to too much.

@theslightedgeforever that is a good idea, the notebook. I will try that.

At least I am learning a lot on ww. The weekends are killers for me with food.
  • its_cleo
    Options
    @TrishasTime good idea with Leslie Sansone
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,936 Member
    Options
    @cbabie You are doing great! I am so impressed, no PB since 1/5, wow! You are right about food being like an alcoholic. I really believe that. Now I hear One Day at a Time in my head, too lol.

@Sparkle1098 Chocolate is my downfall as well (that, and pasta). Congrats on your wins, those are awesome wins!!! I have not purchased the premium account. You are welcome for the inspiration! Congrats on the 7.7 lbs, that's phenomenal! And girl, I can't do 5 minutes on the elliptical, so I applaud your 40 minutes, wow!

@TrishasTime Enjoy your time away from work! Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to update you all. My pup: not cancerous! It was something else that just needed to be removed and they were able to remove it. So, yay! Thanks for asking. Woo hoo for your GD performing in Grease, that's exciting! Congrats on the offer. I will still put the ticker up on Mondays to hold myself accountable for the weekends.

@gettingmeback2013 I hope you stay safe. I remember snowstorm days (I used to live in Ohio, a little town called Smithville, now I live in Southern Cal). I kind of liked them, too! Your dinner looks good.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, it was messing with me. Congrats on staying within your cals! I love chili, it's one of my favorite foods.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks! I do need it. I understand why you are having a hard time this week, but I think the biggest tribute to your daughter would be to live the healthy life that she couldn't live.

@its_cleo Just forgive yourself and move on, today's a new chance to make a healthy decision. Make the next decision a healthy one.

Hello all. I didn't do so well yesterday, I kind of went off the rails a little bit: I went out to lunch with a friend and then had pasta at home. Today is a new chance to get it right and I intend to. I did do something in the right direction yesterday: I took a walk for the first time since I've been sick; I decided to walk to lunch instead of driving. It felt good. I am going to attach a picture of my calendar, as you can see, I've gotten stickers for tracking my food every day this month so far! Not pictured is the sticker I received for walking yesterday.

EMPOWERED.
    55gqinaedbo9.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @its_cleo, thank you and yes I also believe in learning from my slip-ups. I also understand how hard it can be to exercise when you are sedentary. I work part-time at a desk and then spend much of time at home sitting in front of my computer. Fortunately, I have a treadmill that I love and I try to make getting on at least 6 days a week non-negotiable. I also try to sneak in exercise, like walking in place during commercials or anytime I use the bathroom. You can get like 200 steps in just a couple of minutes. As for your blowing it with the takeout you have to forgive yourself and learn from your slip up. Just like you told me I had to do. :)<3

@sparkle1098, Thank you! Your kind words meant a lot. <3 Congrats on losing 7.7 pounds!! That is fantastic and yeah you will lose more in the beginning but you still must celebrate and also don't get discouraged if you slow down. Keep up that exercise! :)

@gettingmeback2013, thank you and I am so sorry for the loss of your nephew! My daughter was an addict for 8 long years and we expected the worse for her more times than I can count, but it still didn't soften the blow when her time finally came. But yes, my daughter is at peace and that is a such a comfort for all of her family. My niece was also an addict and has just celebrated 2 years clean and has an incredibly beautiful daughter. It gives me so much joy to know that she beat the odds. I will see them this May and can't wait! :)

@TrishasTime, how was the play? I hope you get to sell your investment house. I know you have been wanting to get that out of your hair. :)

@prisoner2food, you have a lot going on with those babies. Good for you for losing 16 lbs so far!! You can't think about the whole total. Just focus on 5 lbs at a time or even 1 lb at a time. That is why I like my 100-day challenge I'm doing and only focusing on 10 days at time. You are doing great! :)

@theslightedgeforever, my favorite Grease character was Rizzo! She was such a badass yet had such a tender heart. My cousin and I went to see Grease when we were 13 years old and snuck back in two more times that same day. We got in so much trouble when we went home because no one knew where we were all that time. :D I also listened to the soundtrack over and over again. Now I want to see the movie again! It's been years. B)

@trooworld, love your calendar!! Good job on getting out and taking that walk. I guess this is the week for some of us to go off the rails. The good news is that we can get right back on and keep moving forward. :)

Today is cold and windy but at least the sun is shining and we don't have snow. I would like to see some snow but I don't want to deal with the mess it would create. Georgia totally freaks out whenever we get anything more than a couple of flurries, which is rare for us. My children's church went well this morning. The kids loved me turning the dry ground into blood. The room reeked of cherry Kool-aid!! :D:D Tomorrow, morning will be my weigh-in for the next 10 days on my challenge. I'm down .5 lbs so far and really hoping for a drop in the morning. We are having Kodiak pancakes for dinner. I always seem to lose after I eat that meal. B)
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    GM everyone

@theslightedgeforever -_ I Love Grease and like Rizzo the best. My GD was in the mass ensemble you know part of the student crowd. They had Christine Anu has the Teen Angel. Lol - yes I can imagine you writing lines at school. BTW - . You would be the first person I would invite to a party to keep it lively and entertaining. (there is always an upside :)

@its_cleo - Please do not berate yourself - it happens and everyone is human. I have started thinking of the weekend as the WEAKend, therefore it needs more care and attention.

@trooworld - love the sticker and the fact that you got out. - I like the following saying - "The past is history, tomorrow is a mystery TODAY is a gift and a chance to redo things over". I am so glad about your puppy and I love the fact that you are going to put your ticker up once a week - well done. As they say it is all in the mindset.

@TeresaW2010 - Well done on your loss so far and fingers crossed for you tomorrow :)

@prison2food - Glad you could drop by - Are you flying between your daughter and work constantly or is this a one off. Hope you get enough rest for night shift.

This time tomorrow, I will be at the airport, ready to begin my adventure on the other side of Australia. I have not been to Melbourne for 9 years. Doing the normal chores around the house today, washing, packing etc

Take care

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @its_cleo I think you have to know your personality and what works best for you. I could never do all or nothing because all wins out eventually. So I’m training myself that some is good. The boundary line of some has to be tweaked too. Just enough that I don’t feel deprived and not too much that I sabotage my goals. It’s an experiment in what works for YOU

@trooworld Missed you. Yaaay on your tracking stickers and your walk. I bet you are glad to be in California. Ohio is very cold and snowy I hear. Smithville reminds me of Whoville. 😂. My mom was a Smith.

@TeresaW1020 Rico. Yes yes. She was my second favorite. 🎶 There are worse things I could do 🎶. Did the red Kool-aid leave a stain. Lol. Ok we’re done with Part 2 of the challenge and onto Part 3. I can tell I’m getting antsy though the higher the number goes. I’m telling myself I’m just restarting day 1 of 10 this week.

@TrishasTime Another Rizzo fan. Now you’ve got me wanting to go watch the movie again too. Lol. I’m the best person to have at a party. Unfortunately my personality does have a downside. I have too many what’s app groups. So my weekends are usually booked solid. Plus in the middle of the week for a breakfast or two. Probably why I have a hard time controlling my weight. Nobody wants to just go for a walk. Lol. Safe travels on your adventure. When I think of Australia and adventure I think of a walkabout. Lol.

So another day on plan. I got in 51 min of walking. No snooze and journal done.

Day 11-20 Summary

10 days of meeting all three goals. (That's probably an all-time record for me)
    I lost 2.4 lbs

16946213.png

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,936 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks! It felt good to get out there in the sunshine and warm air (sorry to you guys in the cold :( ). Yes, indeed, we can keep moving forward and I intend to this week! The room reeked of cherry Kool-aid hahaha! I'm glad your lesson went well. Good luck at weigh-in. (((( SKINNY VIBES ))))

@TrishasTime Wow, that is a great saying! :) I hope you have fun in Melbourne.

@theslightedgeforever Yes, I am glad to be in CA. I loved the change of the seasons in Ohio, but I did not like the cold weather lol. You are building up momentum, way to go!!!! Congrats on the loss and meeting your goals for 10 days!!!

Hello all. I was rather depressed yesterday so I did no meal prepping which is going to leave me in the lurch this week. I hate when I do this to myself. So this morning, I have to prep my breakfasts for the week (steel cut oats with fruit in it) and hope for the best for dinners. I have a plan and the groceries for the meals, I just need to cook every night now.

EMPOWERED.

67929161.png
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @TrishasTime, have a wonderful time in Melbourne! Do you have special things planned to do while there?

@trooworld, You can still keep to your plan even if you are cooking every night. I love to cook dinner because that is my time to watch some TV and be creative. But I know you are much more tired than I am when you get home from work, so just try to keep your meals simple. :)

@theslightedgeforever, The Kool-Aid didn't make a mess but it sure was a hit with the kids. They didn't buy that I had done a miracle so I had to come clean that it was Kool-Aid, but not until I made them smell it. :p:D
    I am so proud of you and how well you are doing on our 100-day challenge!! You are an inspiration and I know that antsy feeling but we have to push through it. I'm just focusing on the next 10 days!

So, along with my 2019 words of the year INTENTIONAL CHANGE = RESULTS I am also adopting this phrase as my new mantra, "I REFUSE to sacrifice what I want MOST for what I want in the moment" I made copies of the phrase today at work and I taped them to my fridge, my computer, my work planner, and my treadmill. I might even get a tattoo!! :D:D:D OK, maybe not but I have got to reprogram my mind from going for what I momentairly want and losing sight of the big picture of me losing weight and making goal. I don't remember where I even saw that phrase. Maybe it was the 100-day jouranal??? :)

• its_cleo
    Options
    @teresaw2010 that's a great mantra. Mine is just something simple about choice. When I'm struggling, or trying to get back on track, I just focus on- I can make a choice. I can make a choice to have x for lunch or y, etc. It helps me. I do think the mental aspect of change is important and one of the toughest things.

@trooworld can some of your meals have leftovers so you don't have to cook every night? I cook a lot a head of time and freeze things. When I'm in a lurch I try fish or chicken, just something grilled fast.

@theslightedgeforever congrats on meeting all your goals! And 2.4 lbs is great!

@TrishasTime I hope you enjoy Melbourne. I've never been to Australia but always wanted to go. What kinds of things will you do?

I am slowly getting back on track. Tomorrow my week starts again with WW, week 4. I am trying to move past my mistakes and learn from them. This week I will be in the office Mon-Wed so that is good for my mental state. I'll try to pack in alot of exercise the last half of the week. I made a plan for the weekend so hopefully I will manage it better.

Yesterday I went for a walk in -20 weather - two thirty minute walks throughout the day. So that is my accomplishment!
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Checking in, hi all! Yesterday and today's eating have been a little too relaxed eating for my liking. My husband is an OTR driver and has been home since Friday. I get so lazy and SO LAX when he's home. That is the last piece that I need to get under control for this to work! Otherwise, it's been a decent today, nothing to report.

Schools are closed tomorrow due to cold, so my daughter has day 4 off in a row. I'm so jealous. LOL . Have a great evening all!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld I say keep it simple this week for dinner. Even if that means eating pancakes or yogurt parfaits. Your body doesnt really know what time it is. I ended up having a blueberry yogurt parfait for dinner as my lunch was bigger than I intended so I had to cut back on calories to fit my budget. So they ate spaghetti which I will get me some later. I kept telling myself at the beginning of the meal you can have this tomorrow for lunch.

@TeresaW1020 I like your new phrase. I was thinking the intentional change one would look good on a mantra band. Have you seen those?

@its_cleo sounds like you have a solid plan in place. -20 degree walk is quite the accomplishment.

@gettingmeback2013 I know exactly what you mean about being LAX around husbands. I don’t get anything done at home either. I just fritter away my time it seems. It’s cause he disrupts my routine. I’m better than before so I know it’s a skill that can be conquered. I just have to learn to say no more to him and yes more to me. Snow days were fun when I was a child. I remember listening to the radio to see if they announced Tazewell county then jumping for joy and going back to bed. Now you can just get an alert on your phone.

Another good day for me. Stayed within my food boundaries. I exercised 44 min. Added some light weights and walking. Journal done. Big sticker added