NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    Whelp...I did not check in this weekend...and I didn't eat the greatest.

Friday we did pizza and wine on the floor. I tracked everything and was really proud of myself!

Saturday I mostly stuck within my goals, but ended up drinking when I didn't plan on it and felt pretty yucky the next day. I did do a long dog walk and get a workout in.

Sunday I went off the rails, including eating cake for dinner. It snowed ALL DAY and I was feeling pretty depressed. I definitely ate my emotions. I did meal prep, did a ton of laundry and washed bedding, and got a few pages of my dissertation done so it wasn't a lost day.

Oddly I don't feel gross today and I'm shocked. Since all I ate was cake for dinner, maybe I didn't go as over in calories as I thought?!

@TeresaW1020 Oh my goodness, you're almost at a 10?! That is amazing!!! I hope you're able to get back to Beachbody again soon

@trooworld You are a much nicer person than I am. If my MIL pulled that I'd tell her if she does it again she has to Uber to get groceries. I legitimately have zero patience for people who don't respect my time because I don't have enough of it.

@theslightedgeforever I don't know how you're handling that coffee maker! Coffee is my kryptonite and I need all the coffee I can get as quickly as I can get in the morning

@cbabie I totally get that feeling of wanting to run and never come back! Especially with COVID lockdown, the temptation to get in my car and just start driving has been so strong.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member
    Morning all, I tried to get on here yesterday, but the life I live did not allow it..I am sitting here watching baby girl finish off her protein shake and she just sat the cup on the table..she is so good. I love her. She even asked for seconds..YEA. At least it might balance out the chips. We did go for a walk yesterday. so that was a plus. Well even though I didn't stick to plan and didn't track all the time and felt like I was failing, but YEA. I lost 1 lb. I will take it!!!

@trooworld Sorry you had the couch, but you have a hubby that can cook...LOL I would be mad and upset too..well let's say I have family just like that. Most of this week has been like that.

@theslightedgeforever great job on staying OP...I could hear mom complaining about her coffee...listening to you LOL

@TeresaW1020 Yea on getting the dishwasher today. LOL I smiled when you said you hadn't seen a size 10 since you were 10.. My youngest daughter, I always say she has been wearing a size 10 (shoes) since she was 10. You reminded me. Congrats on the size 12.

Cbabie
  • cbabie
    @mswatson0777 I didn't check in on Sunday either. But we are in this together. So hang in there and enjoy today!!

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @teresaw1020 That's great you are staying in ONEderland. Just keep doing what you are doing and you will eventually get out of the 190s. That's my goal by the end of the year. Although I'm taking the slow boat to China route so hopefully it sticks this time. I actually don't drink coffee. Just make it for hubby. But I did descale within the last three months. I had read about it. He didn't suddenly claim oh this tastes so much better so we'll see if I do it again. lol I knew he wouldn't notice. Yaaay on size 12. size 10s are on the horizon.

@trooworld I always read everyday. I just didn't have to do any of my regular tasks or activities. I do two of these a month. It's called scheduled playtime. No feeling guilty. Just sit and be. I got 50% today too. Started out good and then fizzled. Good for you for meditating. I've just been using my fitbit for the guided breathing exercises and then I continue a bit after it finishes. I love to be passive-aggressive now that I'm older. I put up with so much stuff when I was younger. That's why my dd says I'm in my all about me stage right now. Yup. I would take your mil to get groceries next time but wait about an hour. Then say, Oh I was just getting ready to call you. >:) Yes it will earn you some trouble but it also puts you in the driver's seat. It's amazing how other people's behavior changed when I changed mine.

• theslightedgeforever
    @mswatson My first impression was that you did bad this weekend. But then when I kept reading, I could see a lot of good things in each day. Can you go back and pick out the good things? Those are small wins. Perfectionism just wants us to feel bad cause we didn't do everything right. But we aren't perfect. I'm hoping next weekend you will feel much better. I was looking at your response to cbabie about wanting to just go run away and the first thought in my head was I like to stick around and make those around me as miserable as possible. >:) Evidently I'm in one of those moods today. lol

@cbabie Yaaay on the 1 lb. Go read my response to @mswatson Same thing applies to you. Oh and go read my response to @trooworld LOL Put yourself in the driver's seat. You love to drive fast and crazy. You will keep changing lanes if people are blocking your path to get to your destination. Now how can you do that in your life? I was just thinking that you always had to make mom's coffee when we were younger but when you moved out she didn't ask me to do it. She probably did and I messed it up too many times and she decided it was easier to do it herself. :D Works for me.

Red- Stayed OP 79/100
    Intentional movement: 30 min dancing 8 min walk
    44 zone minutes minus 1 for inactivity 7/8

October goals; Green dot day. o:) Drink 6 glasses of water :| Burn 300 calories o:) Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,781 Member
    @mswatson0777 I was wondering about you. I was going to, and probably should have, sent out the hounds lol. I'm sorry you had such a bad day Sunday. You are right: maybe you didn't go as over since all you had was cake? Can you go back and try to track? re: MIL...yeah, I was so POd. She does this crap all the time, too. Not just with me, with her daughter and my husband.

@cbabie Awww, she sounds like a precious little one. Congrats on losing, woo hoo! Guess what? Hubby figured out that since I go to bed before him if he wants to stay up later than me, he has to sleep on the couch lol! So I've been able to sleep in the bed every night ;) . I'm sorry you've had a week just like that. It's frustrating and maddening.

@theslightedgeforever Oh that's good. I like the idea of that. Yesterday I got 50%. It's because I worked onsite, I have a hard time when I work onsite. Oh that's good to use the Fitbit and continue. Is it helping you, do you think? Your all-about-me phase...lol! Yeah, I have all sorts of revenge fantasies rolling around in my head lol.

Hi all. Reading @theslightedgeforever's response to @mswatson0777, I will say that I had good things and bad things about my day yesterday. I was tempted to say that I had a bad day altogether but that isn't entirely true. The good: I got up on time, I got on here as per my routine and communicated with you all, I meditated for 20 minutes, I tracked everything I ate, I drank 50% of my water (better than none!), I had a healthy breakfast, I got a good night's sleep the night before, when I cooked dinner (Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp) I modified the recipe to make it healthier (I used half the amount of mayo in the sauce and made up for it by adding nonfat Greek yogurt. Didn't even miss the mayo!), and I went to bed on time. All these things are good. The glaring red part of my day is that I didn't have an opportunity to eat at work (the person I was working with had to leave for an hour and so I couldn't go heat up my food that I brought) so I was famished by the time I left work at 1:30 p.m. I stopped at fast food and got something unhealthy for me that I didn't have the points for. I did no exercise. Now, I am -10 for the week in my WW points. :( The lesson I learned is that I need to bring a salad or a sandwich (something I don't need to heat up) on Mondays to work.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Oct 25-Oct 31:
    - rate my hunger on a scale of 1-10 before eating
    - track 90% of food intake
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything
  • mswatson0777
    @cbabie You are definitely not failing with 1lb lost, way to go!!!

@trooworld It sounds like you made the best of a bad situation. I hope you don't beat yourself up too much for it! And I did go back and re-track out of curiosity. I was WAY over Saturday, but only about 300 calories over Sunday so I'm calling it a win.

@theslightedgeforever I did do some good things, but the problem is I'm not doing enough to lose weight so I'm just stuck in the same place and I miss my clothes fitting well. And I laughed at your response to my plan to flee. You must be a fighter in the fight vs. flight response.

It took a lot of effort to drag myself back to work these last few days. Nothing bad at work has happened, my head is just not in the game and I'm struggling to stay motivated. I did take a half day next Friday and a full day the following week so I can have some things to look forward to.

I took the dogs for a walk in the 25 degree weather last night, winter came early this year even for us (which is probably adding to my malaise mood). They both have Halloween hoodies that I dress them up in so they're pretty adorable which makes me smile (they're not thrilled to be wearing them but it's too cold for them to go out with just their short fur). I'll switch over to their holiday themed sweaters mid-November.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @mswatson So how much snow have you received? Sorry, you were feeling depressed. I hope that your mood has improved today. I hope that I can return to Beachbody soon too. I’m actually thinking of doing Barre Blend again. It was challenging but low impact and really helped me with flexibility and balance. Right now I’m just using my trusty treadmill. OK, I think we need to see a pic of your dogs in their sweaters! :grin:

@cbabie Yayyy for your weight loss this week! All that walking is really helping. :)

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, I’m on the same slow boat but even slow-moving boats arrived at their destination eventually. We just have to be careful not to hit an iceberg. ;) I’m looking forward to the day that I try on a size 10 and they fit. Going to be doing some happy dancing for sure!

@trooworld Very good to remember to focus on the right we do and not just the stuff that we feel bad about. Yes, I agree that you need to bring food that you can eat at your desk. ;)

Good morning! I got up and got ready and mom and I went to At Home so she could look for a lamp and so I could look at all their Christmas stuff. Then we went to Walmart for groceries. I was going to do my floors today but it’s super cloudy and my house is dark so I’m going to push that off. I haven’t touched my puzzle in days so I might go do that and listen to a podcast. My new fasting plan is going great. Yesterday after fasting for almost 24 hours I had my 500 calorie meal and now I’ve been fasting for 18 hours. I am getting pretty hungry and because I’m supposed to eat two meals today, I will go get something soon. Of course, the scale didn’t budge this morning but I’m staying the course and it will happen. :)
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I liked reading all the good things you did. Didn't it make you feel good to write those out? Then you also figured out a work-around for Mondays. I got 50% today. Two appointments. Tomorrow is two appointments. But I'll keep trying.

@mswatson0777 So what's your plan to make those clothes fit better? How about reducing your boundary by 50 or 100 calories/day. Something small so you don't really notice it but it would make a small difference. For instance something I started doing was every time I order a quesadilla at this one restaurant I immediately remove two triangles(it has 8) and throw them on my hubby's plate. Then that means I really only eat 75% of the calories. Today I actually left 1 on my plate so that was even more of a reduction. I recognized myself as full and said stop.
    Hmmmm....fight versus flight. Never really saw myself as a fighter. But then I don't flee either. Sometimes mentally I escape through books but if you are going to try and take me down, you are going down too. lol Is there a third option? Usually I go for the win-win. Yaaay on your walk. BRRRR I bet your doggies look so cute.

@teresaw1020 That's great that you are being flexible and using your treadmill while you heal from the other. Remember it's only for now, not forever. I don't know how you do all that fasting. My body would be saying feed me and storing up all that food I do eat for later. lol You have extreme willpower. Although as I just wrote this I was thinking if she has such willpower to do that, how come the same willpower couldn't be used on the other side of the coin? It reminded me of two extremes. Black and white perfectionism. Where is the gray? Don't mind me. Just some thought rambling going on here. Sometimes I learn about myself when I post to others.

Red- Stayed OP 73/100
    Intentional movement: 29 min strength training 23 min walk
    37 zone minutes minus 0 for inactivity 8/8

October goals; Green dot day. o:) Drink 6 glasses of water :| Burn 300 calories o:) Preplan food o:)

• trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Yeah, I probably will on Saturday if I gain at the scale. :( That's great you went back and tracked. Interesting you were over on Saturday but under on Sunday...definitely a win! :) That's good you have some time off to look forward to. I can't imagine walking in 25 degree weather. I bet your dogs look adorable! I think pictures are in order. ;)

@TeresaW1020 Yes! and yes! I'm glad your plan is going great. Enjoy your two meals! :)

@theslightedgeforever Yes, it did. That's all you can do is keep trying. 50% is pretty good considering you had appointments, too. I got about 75%.

Hello everyone and hey @cbabie: remember I was saying how I outsmarted my husband by going to bed before him so I got the bed? Well, he's now decided to go to bed earlier so I had to sleep on the couch last night!!! :( I slept horribly.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Oct 25-Oct 31:
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks, but I don’t see it as extreme willpower at all. Remember that I have been doing IF for almost two years and “building a fasting muscle” is an actual thing. I have also done a ton of reading on IF and I so believe in the health benefits that it's going to be part of my life forever. It has also been the only thing that has helped with my addicted personality with food. But you are right that there should be a grey area because extremes on either side could be dangerous or set us up for failure. I like the terminology that we are all a “study of one” and that we all have to find what works best for us. Or we need to keep tweaking, which you know I am very fond of doing. :D

@trooworld I’m thinking you need to just tell your husband that the bed is yours and he should practice some chivalry and sleep on the couch. :grin: Not much longer until your frame arrives right?

Good morning! Tonight, I am teaching the 4- and 5-year old’s in the church because our teacher had to have another eye-surgery for her detached retina. I went and bought a get-well card for the kiddos to sign. That should be fun! :D I was very happy to see the scale down a pound this morning. I was concerned because I had Kodiak pancakes and bacon for dinner and I felt bloated, but it didn’t seem to hurt me. Today is my 500-calorie down day that I will eat at 4 pm and then I will fast until around noon tomorrow. I’m hoping for a good loss on Friday! :)
  • mswatson0777
    9ikxi1f9swqk.jpg
    fc481flnyxug.jpg

By popular request: here are the photos of my kids in their Halloween costumes.

@trooworld It seems that you are in the battle of the bedtimes! How soon before the new frame comes. And I typically walk the dogs until it hits 20 degrees and then it's too cold for them, but I walk to work year round, which includes -20 degree days

@theslightedgeforever Way to go on with listening to your body and hunger cues, that's major! And I struggle with cutting back more due to hunger levels, but I'll play around with 50 calories less and see how it goes

@TeresaW1020 In total we received well over 1/2 foot of snow so far this year, blerg. I hope you're able to get back to Barre Blend soon! I haven't had a chance to try that one yet since I've gotten so sucked into Autumn's workouts.

Happy Wednesday all! I've got a virtual conference today at work so it should be pretty low-key which I'm looking forward to.

After talking to my therapist yesterday and planning things to look forward to, I booked a cabin with a Jacuzzi for February so we can have a cabin weekend with our quaranteam! I'm so excited to get away since I normally take a big trip around that time of year, but due to COVID we don't want to fly anywhere, so here's a local socially distanced option :)
  • cbabie
    Morning all, It's been a little family dramatized here at my place. I went over yesterday, but I TRACKED. That 's the positive. I also got my 1.1 mile walk in with baby girl. I have a meeting in 1/2 hour, hopefully I will make it. Hasn't been a good night for sleeping here either.

@trooworld LOL Sorry you slept horrible, Hopefully you frame comes in quickly. I am tracking and still trying to walk. Didn't make good choices yesterday, but made the choices and moving on. I am proud that you found the good things..I think we are all learning to look for the good.

@mswatson0777 Your pictures are cute..( I am not a animal person) but they are cute. I hope you have a good day at work, low key! LOL I can't imagine walking on -25 degree weather.. Do you have to walk far?

@TeresaW1020 I believe in the fasting, but I can't do that anymore. I made some poor choices 6 years ago and I have to limit my fasting...only for "spiritual" purposes. I hope you get to work on your puzzle soon. Its a distraction I think for you . Have fun with the kids..the teacher will love the card.

@theslightedgeforever Thank you for being you.. I had to laugh with mswatson077 said you must be a fighter. Well we know you and I are different, for sure...your comment on making them as miserable as possible.. I thought yes, but in some instances..you are more like me and we escape. LOL Books are a good thing.

Okay I haven't even had a shower and the meeting is a zoom...UGH..well no video. LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 lol...that might work in the south, but not in SoCal! He'd tell me too bad! :D Yeah, it's supposed to arrive tomorrow but I saw it arrived in San Diego this morning, so maybe I'll luck out and it will be delivered today. Not that we will have the energy to put it together before tomorrow anyway. Congrats on the pound down, woo hoo!

@mswatson0777 Oh my gosh! You just made my day!!! <3<3<3 Thank you for posting those photos. Your doggies are absolutely adorable! They look so happy, too. re: the battle of the bedtimes...yes, indeed. Luckily, he let me sleep in the bed last night. The frame comes tomorrow night. Wow, I can't believe you walk in -20 weather, you are incredible! :) A cabin sounds like a lot of fun and something to look forward to.

@cbabie You are doing really well tracking, aren't you? You may not track on that day but you go back and track and that's good. Yes, the frame is coming tomorrow but then, how long will it take before DH is motivated to put it together??? ;) I'm going to make him sleep on the couch until he is!

@theslightedgeforever I only got 50% yesterday. :(

Hello all. I had a better night's sleep last night, my husband let me sleep in the bed. Hopefully, the frame supports come tomorrow. One of the reasons I haven't been sleeping well is work: I am getting a new manager and she starts on Monday. I don't know how that is going to be and it makes me nervous. I am worried she is going to micromanage me. I don't work well under micromanagers. I know how to do my job and do best when left alone to do it. So, I've been thinking a lot about work in the middle of the night.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Oct 25-Oct 31:
  • mswatson0777
    @cbabie It's about a mile each way so not too crazy. And I think tracking is the most important part, way to go! And if it's a zoom meeting no need to shower lol

@trooworld I'm glad you liked the photos! I'm so glad the frame is coming soon for your sanity! And new managers are always a cause for anxiety, I hope she is a good one!

Well...it's Thursday. I'm here, which is alI I can really say about today. I did get a killer workout this morning in, 30 minutes of 21 Day Fix Extreme Cardio and 10 minute abs, which I'm definitely feeling. I also got out for a nice long dog walk last night and hope to get another one in today after work. I've got a phone call to catch up with a good friend which I'm really looking forward to. Otherwise, its same old, same old on my end.
  • cbabie
    Morning all, no walk yesterday. I am trying to walk today at least 1 mile and not in cold weather. LOL. It's been in the high 60's here during the day...freezing to me. but getting back in the low 80's today. I ate my emotions last night..so trying to hold off eating until lunch today. 1 more hour to go. LOL

@mswatson0777 oh 1 mile isn't too bad, but that's in good conditions. :). I love catching up with old friends. So glad we have cell phone and long distance isn't like it used to be. My land line bills were 400.00/mo when my mom was alive. DH just knew it was what it was.

@trooworld well good plan to not let him in the bed until it's fixed. Yea new management is not fun..praying it's a good one. I had a micromanager one time...she actually solicited me from another dept and after awhile I said to her..you asked for me because you KNEW what my work ethics were...so either stop micromanaging me or let me move back. She quit not too long after that LOL Thanks I am trying to make that groove in my brain for tracking :)

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    @mswatson0777 Ohhh my goodness your doggies are sooo cute!! <3 Do they like looking cute or do they put up a fight? Maggie would totally put up a fight if I tried to put something on her. That is a lot of snow! Yes, I hope to get back to my BOD workouts soon. Part of my just wants to start doing 80 Day Obsession where I left off and modify everything that isn’t good for my back. I LOVE Autumn!! That is great that you will be able to get away in February and have some fun. :)

@cbabie I totally get that fasting isn’t for everyone and we all have to do what works best for our bodies and our emotions. Yes, puzzles are a nice distraction for me and since I discovered my love of podcasts it’s even more of a reason that I like doing them. I hope things smooth out for you soon. <3

@trooworld I’m glad that you were able to get a good night’s sleep. Oh, I would be nervous to get a new manager. Hopefully, she will be a good manager and learn how best to manage you in a way that lets you do your best work. My boss at the furniture store was a total micromanager and it was so frustrating. My pastor is the best. He lets me do my thing and doesn’t need to know the details. :grin:

Hi everyone! I had my staff meeting this morning and that went fine. I then came home and broke my 19 hours fast. Afterward, DH and I went shopping. I am redoing the decorations in the church for Christmas and I wanted a flocked tree. Michaels had a beautiful 7.5-foot one marked way down so I bought that and then went to Hobby Lobby and got some navy and gold ornaments for that tree and gold bows to replace the bright red ones that are on the wreaths on the windows. Our church carpet is maroon, and those bright red bows have made me crazy for 5 years. :D I also bought many boxes of Christmas cards. Pastor wants to send a Christmas card to the 65 different sets of families from the staff, which means I’m doing them. And he wants me to put together packets of cards so our people can send each other Christmas cards. So, I will be busy doing that for the next few weeks. :grin:
  • cbabie
    r9qhfsf8trd7.jpg
  • cbabie
    Got my 1 walk in LOL

Cbabie
  • cbabie
    @TeresaW1020 Oh Teresa I laughed and so thought of you when I saw this lol....but its probably more for @theslightedgeforever

td3wbdw4ydaa.jpg