NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited October 2020
    @trooworld I love to be driven around. I'm spoiled. I know it. I got 100% today. Great news about your back. I don't think anything of mine is 30 years old anymore. lol So next time just track the 1/2 bar. Cause your body is tracking it whether you do it or not. Plus it clears the air. If you aren't losing and you go back and look at your points and they all seem good You say, How come I didn't lose this week? I stayed under points, I've been riding my spin bike, at least 1/2 lb should have come off. But if all the data is not included in that formula, then the result gets skewered a bit. You still get credit for just eating half the bar. Imagine 48 points to your day. I've seen beds that have 2 shorter slats for right and left side of bed all the way down. Could you measure it and then have Lowe's or Home Depot do all the cutting? I know on Saturdays they would have workshops teaching people skills, so maybe they could do it for a small price. Another option might be a thicker sheet of plywood that fits. I grew up with a dad who jerryrigged everything. Now I have a husband who does the same thing.

@its_cleo I somehow missed the squirrel part of the conversation so I had to go back and reread. It made me think of Rocky and Bullwinkle. Then I was thinking, A) are you too young to know who that is. B) Did they air that show in Canada. lol

@mswatson0777 Yaaay on your yoga. My friend sent me a pic from her sister in MN. They got 7 inches. My dd didn't get any but I think this weekend sometime is forecasted for it. Too early for that stuff. I liked the Good Place. I'll have to check that out. I'm currently finishing up Season 5 of Blindspot.

@retiredandlovingit Have you been keeping up with your walking? My ds says no one cares about covid in TX, mom. I say, that's why there are so many cases. Be glad you don't live in FL. I read yesterday where they are going to quit publishing numbers. They opened up everything according to my friend. I hope it won't be a bad winter for the seniors there. Although I guess now I hear lots of kids are getting it too. Sad.

@teresaw1020 Here's what you are telling your brain.....Long term motivation and commitment seem to be a struggle for me.....Therefore it is. So now tell your brain Long term motivation and commitment used to be a struggle for me but I am slowly starting to see results. Then your brain will start showing you memories of all the times you did commit; when you were motivated. We really only have to be committed and motivated for one day. Today. Then we get up tomorrow and do that one day all over again. I used to tell myself the lie of I'm just not consistent. But now I have a 1500+ streak running on here for signing in, plus I've written in my journal for two years at least. Plus now the current system I'm doing is helping me form other habits. When I do good in life, I do good with food. "Great minds" on @trooworld's bed. I guess housework is the culprit for back pain so you must tell dh that from now on he will be in charge of getting that done. :D

Red Day- Stayed OP 91/100
    Intentional movement: 30 min walk 2 hrs and 24 min yard work
    95 zone minutes

October goals; Green dot day. o:) Drink 6 glasses of water o:) Burn 300 calories o:) Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @mswatson0777 Thanks! I'm glad your day was much calmer, that's wonderful! My husband and I loved Upload, too. I never thought of it being like the Good Place, but you are right! Snow??? Wow, already!

@RetiredAndLovingIt You have snow, too? Oh man, you guys! I didn't realize it was that cold already. Yeah, surgery was never on the table, thankfully. I'm glad my back is in better shape than I thought though! :)

@TeresaW1020 LOL are you a better driver? Your puzzle sounds beautiful and a nice remembrance of your trip. Yeah, maybe you should go to a spine doctor about your back. It couldn't hurt? Yes, the bed is one of those beds with the slats across it. The slats didn't break, it broke where the slats are bolted to the bed. That's a good idea to get a big piece of plywood though, once we figure out how to reconnect it all. That's good to plan for both ways at church because of the way things are going, you never know! Snack night, yay!!! :D

@theslightedgeforever Driven around like the Queen of England, like the queen you are lol. That's great you got 100%. At 4:45pm, I had 0%. I drank a big tumbler of water and had 50%. That's where I stayed. I did end up tracking 1/2 the bar after all, I don't know if I fessed up to that. The slats didn't break, it broke where they are bolted to the bed. I wish my husband was handier than he is. My dad was really handy.

Hi all. So about the bed: we ordered these bed slats that will support the frame and we will need to get some braces for where the slats connect to the bed (that's where it fell apart). See the picture below. I think it will be much sturdier. The thing is that these braces won't come until Nov 5th! Until then, one of us is sleeping on an air mattress and one of us is sleeping on the good side of the bed.

I used my physical therapy app yesterday for the first time for my back. Some of the exercises were a little more challenging than I anticipated: the side planks were difficult for me especially. Others were really easy.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Oct 18-Oct 24:
    - rate my hunger on a scale of 1-10 before eating
    - track 90% of food intake
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything

3neo1z6zp1wa.jpg
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @RetiredandLovingIt I'm sorry you have to miss the birthday party, that really stinks.I hope you're able to make the holidays work with your family. We sadly had to call it since my SO is having surgery so we have to keep him healthy. After the snow, our streets were kind of a mess since the snow came so fast so there were a few accidents, but it's cleared up now.

@TeresaW1020 Fair warning the ending was kind of weird, we didn't love the last season as much as the rest of it. Sorry to hear your back got aggravated again. And that staff meeting sounds incredibly stressful, I hope all the planning goes well!

@theslightedgeforever We got an absolute ton and it's still everywhere which stinks. I'll have to check out the Blindspot since we're on the hunt for a new show.

@trooworld Side planks are really tough! I always screw up my shoulder alignment when I do them. I hope for your back's sake you're able to keep the good side of the bed until the supports are in.

Happy Thursday all! My day has been pretty meh. I had to walk to work in thunder ice rain this morning (that is not a joke) and then spent the entire morning in meetings. Tomorrow is literally going to be an 8 hour zoom meeting that will be the death of me. Thankfully I get to do that one from home so I don't have to go into the office which is great.

This weekend should be pretty chill since we're just doing a movie night with our quaranteam so I'll have plenty of time to work on my dissertation. My goal is to not go over like I did last weekend and to check in every day to stay on track.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Afternooon all, I had to play catch up reading all the post. you guys are quite busy. LOL. Yesterday after my bible study club, things went a different path that I had chosen, so I never got on here. Baby girl sleep habits stink right now. She was STILLLLLLLLLL up at 1 am. I did get 2 walks in yesterday and one of my daughters thought I looked like I had lost weight. I laughed and said no, not enough to show, but I think I am toning up by the walks. LOL

@theslightedgeforever I had to laugh at you saying tune me out. You know I do...it's called block on the phone. LOL. Not... I do know when to listen and when to say hand over ears and hand over mouth. LOL. I will listen about the 1 walk..

@mswatson0777 wow walk to work in the storm? EXTRA points for that. 8 hr zoom meeting would be horrific. BUT you will have the weekend to recoup...stay off zoom LOL.

@trooworld I am so sorry about your bed. my bed is so old, we need a new one. I have so much stuff under my bed even if it broke...I would still lay flat. LOL. You made me laugh at tuning my sister out..I could give you a couple of tricks, just kidding. I think you two help each other. (I didn't track too well yesterday, but I did go back this morning and added what I remembered. I think I got most of it. I am on track to day. )

@TeresaW1020 Back pain is the worst. I remember when I was pregnant with my 2nd child...I couldn't even make the bed without crying. I still have issues if I sit too long, but thankfully my back is pretty good now. Not sure what I did, losing weight carrying a baby in my belly helped. LOL. But then she was on my hip. :). Your train ride looks awesome. I want to see the puzzle done. I bet it's beautiful.

@RetiredandLovingIt. wow 5" of snow. NO THANK YOU...I can't even imagine being in the snow again. I think my bones would cry out. LOL. Sorry you can't go to the birthday celebration, but choices are being made for the good of all..it stinks, but I know you feel better by not going.

@its_cleo 9" of snow? wow, I am so glad to live in HOT climate. I still can't believe you rode for 2 hours, but I have found I for sure get more done with music that without. LOL.

Okay gals, gotta go check on baby..I just wanted to make sure i checked in today.

cbabie
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @cbabie 9” of snow – that wasn’t me! Thankfully lol. We don’t get snow here until end of Dec or Jan usually. In spite of the stereotype, only parts of Canada get snowy. I think Iowa, Wisconsin, and some other states get more snow and are colder……Toronto is a pretty warm part of Canada though overall.

@mswatson0777 8 hour zoom meeting yuck. Do you have to be on camera? We do it with just the phone. Actually we don’t use zoom but a similar software.

@trooworld I had a bed that used those, it worked fine. Very easy to set up too. Still- awful it won’t dome for a couple of months. I must say I would not enjoy sleeping on an air mattress anymore. That is great news about your spine! I hope you can figure out what’s causing the pain.

@theslightedgeforever- Yep I know Rocky and Bullwinkle. Not very well but I do. That is quite a point system you have concocted! I’m impressed. I know it helps to have a good system. I did pre- covid…..they have half-bagels here, or the thin ones, but I don’t know if we have Lender’s specifically.

@TeresaW1020 I think having a plan for different scenarios is a good idea.

@Retiredandlovingit that sounds like a lot of work with the trees. My father has trees in his backyard and it has been a hassle for him- in a storm one came down on the neighbour property and he had to pay to have it cut up and taken away. It was expensive.

Well I have shelved my goal of movement for this week to try to be more mindful of my tendon and let it heal. It is frustrating. My trainer said it could take a yr. I still haven’t seen physio. My newest strategy is to let it rest more.
    Which means on my butt more. When I get tired of that and if it doesn’t help I will try physio.

Still have seen my trainer 2x this week and I have gotten some walks in, just not sure if I can meet the goal I set.

Sat I see some friends for lunch and it seems like such a huge treat. In door dining is banned, but this place has a heated outdoor patio. I’m really looking forward to it.

Calories- over the last 2 days. But today I’m on track, actually I’m way under. I’m thinking about giving up pork. Not a religious thing, I just find it always leaves me hungry and the leaner meats- steak, chicken, and fish, are healthier.

Take care all!

PS I need a new avatar but I always find it a pain looking for them.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Yaaay on your 50% water even though you started late. Did you have a good point day? Queen of England....I'll work on my wave. My dd refers to it as Driving Miss Daisy. ;) My husband is handy but my son not so much. I said if hubby goes first, I'm screwed. But I'm trying to get him to learn. His thing is can't we just pay someone to do it. Yes, but that wastes money I can use for other things. Now if YOU want to pay for it, I'm okay with that. I just want the job done. He just looks at me. I love parenting. Is that a pic of your frame? My dd used to have the same frame and it broke too. We never ended up fixing it. She had a year to go until college so we said, when she's done with college we'll buy a new bed. And here we are. I wonder if there is a YouTube fix it video. There's always a YouTube fix it video, we find. oh, I got 100%

@mswatson0777 So our job is to keep you accountable this weekend, correct? I built my weekends to be pretty lax but I too can go overboard. I'm trying to be really good this weekend, I have a goal to meet on the 31st. I had actually met it and then boom, the scale went up and I have no reason why. Hoping sodium. But I have 9 days to bring it back down to where I was. I thought I was just going to get to maintain this last week of October. But no...that would have been too easy I guess. Note to self: Don't do side planks.

@cbabie If you have lost even a lb, the correct response for someone complimenting you on losing weight is Why Yes I have, thank you for noticing..... :D It gives your mind and body credit for all the hard work you are putting in. Hooray for going back and tracking yesterday's food.

@its_cleo So while you are resting your lower half, you could still do some chair aerobics or something similar. On the last season of Biggest Loser, a gal broke her ankle mid season. She still had to compete and ended up being the last woman standing. I think she made it to the top 3. I was so impressed with her and thought No Excuses. I have a mantra band with same words that I wear everyday on my right wrist. So while your current activity goal has to be shelved, it gives you time to work on other goals. Maybe now is a good time to focus on the food. Get that to be a habit while you rest and then when you go back to moving like you want you will be a force of nature. You know I never really paid attention to your avatar and just now. It fits you so well. I should change mine too. I don't do the treadmill and I have long hair now. lol

Never so happy to see a green day. I did 4 red days this week. I haven't done 4 red days in a row since mid January before I got sick.

Green Day- Stayed OP 201/238
    Intentional movement: 26 min strength training 17 min cardio (YouTube) 1 hr and 10 min yard work
    37 zone minutes minus 3 for inactivity 5/8

October goals; Green dot day. o:) Drink 6 glasses of water o:) Burn 300 calories o:) Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Yeah, my shoulder alignment was out of whack too. I hope the good side holds out, too! ;) Wow, thunder ice rain, that sounds dangerous and not fun! Well, neither does an 8-hour meeting. I wish you luck. What movie are you guys going to watch?

@cbabie Oh dear me, still up at 1:00 a.m.? You've got yourself either a night owl or a baby vampire lol! That's great you got in 2 walks. Have you been tracking? It's funny you say you have so much stuff under your bed you would remain flat: we tried putting books under it to hold it up (despite my protests!!!) and that didn't work lol. I see you answered my tracking question. I'm glad you went back and did what you remembered and are on track today. I do that, too (go back and track what I remember sometimes).

@its_cleo Oh good. Glad to hear they are easy to set up. I got an email saying they are going to come earlier, anywhere from the 24th of Oct to the 30th. I hate sleeping on the air mattress. But we aren't (see below). Yes, good news about my spine! It's frustrating when all you want to do is be active but you have an injury and can't. I had that when I had plantar fasciitis. I hope you tendon heals up soon. I hope you enjoy lunch, that does sound like a treat!

@theslightedgeforever Thanks! I got 100% yesterday, even better! Weds I had a good point day, I was over pts for the day by 3 pts on Weds, yesterday I was over by 4. I am not negative for the week though because I used my weeklies. I do not have any weeklies left though. I will likely dip into my Fitpoints today, it's just one of those weeks thanks to that chocolate bar. :/ Yes, work on that wave! :D You need to learn to be handy, then. That pic is a pic of the braces we ordered to jerry-rig our frame. Our frame is one of those beds that have drawers underneath and has skinny wooden slats that hold your mattress. Good job on the water! :) And a green day, yay!

Hi all. Good news: the slats we ordered to jerry-rig our frame are going to come earlier than they told us. The email I got says anytime between Oct 24-30. This is good because remember how I said we were going to sleep on the air mattress? Well, we couldn't do that because we couldn't get it to inflate. It has this special mechanism to inflate it (you can't just inflate it in a normal way) and the mechanism needs charging. We lost the original adapter to charge it. I tried buying an adapter but almost set the house on fire yesterday with that adapter because it was too high voltage and it got really hot. So, one of us is sleeping on the good side of the bed and one of us is sleeping on cushions on the floor. :(

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Oct 18-Oct 24:
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Yes, of course, you are right that the words we tell ourselves is so important to becoming who we want to be. You would think I would know that by now! ;) DH and I actually had a talk yesterday about my tendency to clean the entire house like a whirlwind and that I need to ask him to help instead of doing it all myself. The thing about my sweet husband is that he is willing to do whatever, but he truly doesn’t see dirt to the same degree that I see it. Do you know what I mean? :D

@trooworld He is a good driver, but he is much slower, and he doesn’t know my car as I do, so he makes me crazy. We talked about it on the drive home the other day that he misses driving on fun, windy roads like the one we were on, but he realizes that his reflexes just aren’t the same anymore. It works for us. ;) Can you and DH just take your bed apart and put the mattress on the floor until the new stuff arrives to fix it?

@mswatson0777 Oh dear! Your walk to work in the storm sounds awful. I can’t believe that you are getting such cold weather already. Is that unusual for where you are? I can’t imagine an 8-hour Zoom meeting! :# I hope it goes better than you think it will. My staff meeting wasn’t very stressful. We all have so much fun together that we actually enjoy it. We did have to slash the heck out of our budget for next year and that hurt.

@cbabie Yeah, this back pain is stressing me out. Funny thing is that yesterday I sat all day in a folding chair and not once did I have any pain. We are going to go shop for a new office chair with better support and see if that might be the culprit. That is great that your daughter noticed that you are looking slim and toning up will definitely help with that. :)

@its_cleo I feel your frustration that you have to take a break from your normal workouts. I have made the decision to give up my Beachbody workouts for the time being in case that is part of my back issues. I will stick to calm walks on my treadmill as I try to narrow down the problem. We both have to set different goals and be OK with it. That is fun that you get to have lunch with your friends and I hope you have a great time! :)

Good morning! Well, my weight is up but that isn’t surprising. Pastor brought us Chic-Fil-A for breakfast, pizza, and candy for lunch, and then DH went to Publix for dinner and got us subs. I ate all the carbs!! The staff meeting went really well. We did our best to plan for next year with the knowledge that it could all change. The fact is that none of us knows what tomorrow will bring so we just need to have faith and roll with it. So I have been spending time have spent time on this new FB group that I found. It’s for alternate-day fasting and most of the people on there do a 500-calorie meal instead of an all-day fast. All-day fasting is super hard for me and the couple of times I’ve done it, I really have a hard time sleeping. Sooooo since I’m the weight loss tweaking queen, I have decided to give it a try. For the rest of this month and November, I am going to commit to it. What it looks like is that Mon, Wed, Fri I will eat a 500 or less calorie dinner. Tue, Thur, Sat I will eat two meals. Sunday will be OMAD (small snack and normal dinner) I plan to keep my 500-calorie day Keto and the rest of the week low-carbish. Fingers crossed that it will work! B)
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @cbabie I'm definitely staying off zoom this weekend! And isn't it so fun when people ask if you've lost weight. All that walking is paying off!

@trooworld Oh my goodness, cushions on the floor?! That sounds awful! I wish both of your backs the best. And we're going to watch the Heathers. I've never seen it but I hear it's a cult classic.

@theslightedgeforever Yes please keep me accountable! Sorry to hear your weight bounced back. I feel like as ladies it could be a variety of things, but I'm sure it'll be back down in 9 days.

@its_cleo Glad to hear you're getting in some mindful activity, I know it's hard to work around your injury, but you're doing a great job! And sadly it is all camera on zoom so I can't do other things, which stinks.

Happy Friday!!! Today my SO and I are going to celebrate our three-year house-i-versary by having pizza on the floor, just like when we moved in which should be really fun! I had a really rough day at work yesterday so I spent last night doing gentle yoga and reading a fluffy romance novel while drinking tea to try to make myself feel better. I'm really happy I didn't turn to food, because it was a close call! Now I just got to stay on track this weekend to start retraining myself that weekends are NOT for bingeing.
  • cbabie
    Evening gals.. The last two days have been dealing with family #%$$#.. LOL. So my routine and goals have been icky. I did get a walk in today...came back with sweat pouring off of me. I haven't looked at my zones, so not sure what I got..but sweat has to mean something right? LOL I haven't tracked today, but haven't really had time to eat either..trying hard not to grab and go...

@mswatson0777 LOL glad you didn't go for the food, I did last night. 2 cups of ice cream with PB..UGH. How fun eating your first meal again. I would love to celebrate like that. We ate birthday cake the first night..we moved in on my youngest daughters 13th birthday..she is now 42. LOL

@theslightedgeforever Great job of 4 red days. I can see your sons eyes rolling to the back of his head..but you gotta keep trying..his wife will thank you later. LOL

@trooworld I am so sorry you are still sleeping in other places...but just think how much you will LOVE sleeping in your bed again. LOL I think baby girl has always been a bit of a night owl..we are working on it. I didn't track yesterday and didn't go back..I have to go back and track what I have eaten today..

@TeresaW1020 LOL we had to take back my grand daughters car to her today...its a 45 min drive to my daughters house...I was following my DH and was like can you go faster? He drives me crazy and I scare him. LOL. I find the fastest lane no matter how many times I am changing lanes. :wink: I think the walk sounds nice and I love hearing what you are tweaking this month. You always have great ideas!

@its_cleo Sorry I think I had too many to catch on...glad you didn't have the 9" of snow. LOL I have to say that about pork too..Pork makes me hold my water..my hands swell so bad. I haven't eaten pork in probably 30 years. Listen to your body..don't keep working something when it needs to heal. Sorry if I sound preachy...I just want you to be able to do what you enjoy, but sometimes we have to take a break. I remember when I broke my knee...I had so many issues I thought I would NEVER walk again. But when I did I still remember hiking that mountain...in KEDS tennis shoes..it's all I had at that time. LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Yaaay on your 100%. I got 100% too. I hope you got the good side of the bed. Wasn't his the broken side? lol Great news on your parts coming earlier. You still sound like you had a good week despite the chocolate bar.

@teresaw1020 We all need reminders on the internal dialogue. Because we've all got that constant loop that goes round and round in our head. We just need to change the tapes. My inner dialogue right now is my kid's voice saying Mom, no one uses tapes anymore. Well this group knows what I mean when I say tapes. lol Yes on the dirt. Nor can anyone find anything in my house but me. You will eventually find what works for you.

@mswatson0777 Yes, the weight has already bounced back down so I'm left with a 1.2 lb weight loss goal this week which is doable if I just put in the work. I can do this. You're fluffy romance novel sounds nice. Also pizza on the floor. I'm enjoying mine right now. Lot's of fun banter back and forth between the characters and a slow burn. Yaaay on the yoga. Mine was scheduled today but I spent too much time in the yard and didn't even think about it til I started checking off my boxes of what I did today and said. OH. Next comes the OH well. lol But I did do a couple of mindfulness meditation this week. I'm up to 5 min.

@cbabie OK, so you slipped a bit on your habits this past two days, so you just get back and do today right. We always get the chance to start over and try again. I was looking at an old column on one of my Trello boards and it was entitled Habits not established yet. I was looking down at the cards and realized I could move 4 of them over to the Habits Mastered column. If you just keep trying everyday to hit the target, eventually you will hit the target and keep doing it until it becomes a habit. His wife will be saying you didn't raise him right. Oh yes I did, he just chose not to listen. He's your problem now...... You scare me too when you drive. Now I have a daughter that drives just like you. Lucky me, Yaaaay. Slow down enjoy the ride.

Yellow Day- Went over 173/164
    Intentional movement: 3 hr and 18 min yard work
    105 zone minutes

October goals; Green dot day. :( Drink 6 glasses of water o:) Burn 300 calories o:) Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Ah, it sounds like it is the best thing for you to drive then. We can't really take the frame apart and there is no room to put the mattress on the floor. What we decided to do is one person is just sleeping out on the couch and one person is on the bed. It's working ok. The slats are coming for sure on the 30th now. I'm sure that is water weight from eating out and your weight will come right back down. I love that you tweak and tweak and tweak your plan! You don't settle for something that doesn't work for you. :)

@mswatson0777 Well, as I told Teresa above, we nixed that plan and now we are taking turns sleeping on the couch lol. I love that movie! It's awesome. Happy house-i-versary! :) Pizza on the floor sounds fun. It sounds like you really took care of yourself in a healthy way, yay! You like fluffy romances: Have you read the Unhoneymooners? I don't read many romances but I read that one and really liked it!

@cbabie Oh I'm sorry about all the family drama. But that walk sounds like a good, cleansing walk. Try to go back and track if you can. Yes, I will appreciate sleeping in the same bed (or will I? It's kind of nice having the bed to myself lol!).

@theslightedgeforever I got about 150% yesterday! Yay for the 100%! I did get the good side of the bed. Nobody sleeps on the bad side. ;) Yep, his side is the broken side. To tell you the truth, I think it broke because of our weight but he said no. I did still have a good week.

Ladies...I did have a good week on all accounts. I weighed in and lost 3.6 lbs! I weighed 225 lbs. I was last this weight 1/9/2019. I guess the chocolate bar fiasco didn't do me in after all. Tonight, we are having a special dinner: I am making a loaf of homemade Italian bread and my husband is making lasagna with homemade pasta. No reason, my husband just wanted this meal. It should be good.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Oct 18-Oct 24:
  • cbabie
    Evening all, I did go for a walk today, but it was a slow one..really wanted to run and never come back. Baby girl fell asleep while walking and she has been kind of sleeping off and on all day..She is sitting right now watching her ipad eating chips...oh such good nutrition habits. NOT...If only I could eat those and stay skinny and have non stop energy. :). The salt alone would cause me too much problems. I did track today, just gettin on here late.

@theslightedgeforever I get us where we are going. LOL. I don't think I am as good as you as commitment...but I will keep trying.

@trooworld Yea on the weight loss...your meal sounds YUMMY! LOL DH better like the couch...but then you might not get that homemade lansagna. :) I did track today

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld If your bed did break because of the weight, at least it wasn't your side of the bed. ;) Woohoo on your water. I got in about 40%. Hooray for your weight loss. That spin bike is working along with tracking your food. Keep it going.

@cbabie Walking is still walking no matter the speed. Do you remember the commercial only YOU can prevent forest fires? How about giving baby girl carrot chips every other time? So she gets used to the texture/taste. Hooray for your tracking. I wasn't as good on commitment either. But I've been working on it everyday and each day I'm getting a little better. A good gold nugget I heard today: Everything is hard until you learn how to do it. Everything takes practice. Just doing it over and over and over.

Green Day- Stayed OP 215/238
    Intentional movement: 60 min walking 1 hr and 13 min yard work
    9 zone minutes minus 1 for inactivity 7/8

October goals; Green dot day. o:) Drink 6 glasses of water :| Burn 300 calories o:) Preplan food :(
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever HaHa! Yes, I do know what you mean when you say tapes. Maybe we need to upgrade our brains and turn the loop feature off. :grin:

@cbabie Sorry that your family has been struggling. I’m always on edge waiting for mine to implode on themselves down in Florida and getting the call for help. It’s good that you got out and walked and not binging on baby’s chips. :)

@mswatson0777 Happy house-i-versary! I hope you enjoyed yourself. Are you ready for the coming week? I hope that it won’t be too stressful for you. At least you know what things to do to help you relax instead of turning to food, which will NOT help. :)

@trooworld WOW!! You lost a huge amount this week! It looks like you have really found a balance that is working for you. Your Italian dinner sounds amazing! <3

Good morning! I tried to come on here yesterday, but the site was down and didn’t come back until late. Ya’ll we are bleeding money in this house! Our copier finally died and then this morning our coffee maker malfunctioned and made a mess of grounds and water all over the place. It’s happened before and we can’t figure out why so DH is going to get a new one today. I’m NOT kidding that every year around Christmas time we end up spending money on things that aren’t Christmasy fun things! Really annoys me! :s I’m going to go get on my treadmill for a little walk and then get ready for church. Have a great day! :)
  • trooworld
    @cbabie A slow walk is better than no walk and you are certainly beating all those people that are just sitting on their couches. That's great you tracked. I get the couch tonight. :( I guess it's better than the floor? His lasagna was really good.

@theslightedgeforever That's right! :D I got in 100% yesterday. Thanks. Looks like you had a pretty good day yesterday.

@TeresaW1020 Yes, now to keep it up. Italian dinner WAS amazing. That stinks that things are breaking on you! Ugh. I hope YOU have a nice day.

Good morning everyone. I didn't end up making the homemade bread, I didn't have the energy. My husband did make a quick flatbread though to go with his lasagna and it was good. I also got some pumpkin beers to drink last night. Yummy. Now today: back to business. I have to take my MIL shopping for groceries at around 9:00 a.m. for a couple of hours. :/ Other than that, I will be relaxing.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Oct 25-Oct 31:
  • trooworld
    y0a1yl3uq2yf.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 So how goes your tweaking this week? Good for you for your treadmill walk. I also find that when one thing breaks it seems like dominoes, things just start falling apart and need to be replaced. Coffeemaker: How many cups are you trying to make? One day my 12 cup coffeemaker decided that from now on it will only make 6 cups without making a mess like that. So if I want more than 6 at a time I have to pour some into a thermos and then make more. I refuse to let the coffeemaker win and buy a new one. lol Also if you use a paper filter, I found that if the filter happens to fold down on one side, that also makes a mess of water and grounds. So I spend a lot of time with that darn filter making sure it's standing erect. lol I used to only make coffee on the weekends, but since dh has been working from home since March, it's coffee everyday. Yaaaaay.

@trooworld Yaaay on your 100%. I got 50%. I had a rest and relax day yesterday. It was so nice. I did NOTHING. Although somehow I earned 4 zone minutes. But then lost them due to the non-active day. Oh well, totally worth it after the week I just put in. Have you been meditating this week? I loved your graphic. So true.

Yellow Day- Stayed OP 162/164
    Intentional movement: rest day
    4 zone minutes minus 6 for inactivity 2/8

October goals; Green dot day. o:) Drink 6 glasses of water :| Burn 300 calories *** Preplan food o:)

• TeresaW1020
    @trooworld Do the pumpkin beers taste like pumpkin? Interesting! When DH and I went out to the brewery for our anniversary dinner, I had a stout that tasted just like hazelnut coffee. It was sooo good!! Love the graphic!! <3

@theslightedgeforever The tweaking is going well. I’m still hanging out in Onderland so that makes me happy. The real goal right now is to get out of the 199s. This will be my first complete week of doing my new plan. I will have three down days that will consist of fasting 18 to 20 hours on either side of when I eat a 500 calorie Keto meal. Fingers crossed for a good weigh-in this week! :grin: We bought the same coffee maker that we had. A Hamilton Flex Brew that has a 12-cup and K-cup feature. I did some reading on Google about keeping the coffee maker in tip-top shape and I didn’t realize that I should be descaling with vinegar at least every 3 months. If you haven’t done that you should look it up and see if you can get your coffee maker to give you back your 12 cups. It should also improve the taste. I noticed a burnt like taste to my coffee and this morning my coffee is so much better!

Good morning! We are excited because the new dishwasher finally arrives today. No more hand washing!! :grin: I’m also hoping my new office chair arrives today. I’m so anxious to see if that will help my back. I am doing better since I stopped the Beachbody workouts but I miss it and hope I can heal what is wrong with me and get back to it. I was watching some Bob and Brad videos on exercises I should and shouldn’t be doing. That was eye-opening that I have been doing many things that I shouldn’t be doing! On a happy note, I wore my size 12 Lee jeans to church yesterday and they fit perfectly. I can't believe that I'm one size away from a 10!! I haven't worn a size 10 since I was 10. :D OK, I’m off to walk the treadmill and then head over to Aldis. Have a good day!
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I got 50% yesterday. :( Did you read yesterday? Or literally do nothing lol. That's too bad you lost your zone minutes but it sounds like it was worth it. I have been meditating. It keeps me saaaaaaane.

Hello everyone. So yesterday I was supposed to take my MIL to go get groceries. She was supposed to call me around 9 to tell me she was ready to be picked up. I waited and waited and waited knowing that she is often late. At around 10:40, I had her son call her and ask her if she was about ready. She said she decided not to go and she was about to call me to tell me. WTH. I was so mad. I could have done any number of things in that time but couldn't because I waiting on her to call. Grrrrrr. She's so disrespectful of other people's time. All the time. I wish I could tell her no the next time she asks but I can't. It isn't how this works lol.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Oct 25-Oct 31: