NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @trooworld those sound like great recipes. Good luck with your feet, that sucks. Someone told me if you freeze a bottle of water and roll it over the bottom of your foot it can relieve pain...I guess that is pretty much the same as icing it.

Can you get inserts in the drugstore? They have them here off the shelf, obviously not as good as custom, but a lot cheaper.

@theslightedgeforever congrats on moving to #1! I think the competition makes it all a lot more fun.

@TeresaW1020 I totally agree about the pain of losing weight. I thought it was just me that felt that way. I don't feel that every day, but when I lost the first little bit where it was noticeable, it was painful for various reasons. I know sometimes I have used food to shove feelings down, and not pay attention to my body. A lot of times, when I am thinking about what to eat or what to do, I tell myself- listen to your body. What does it want? Fruit or fast food? usually fruit, just sometimes I don't listen lol.

I'm doing ok, this is the first weekend since new year's I made it without drinking/eating a lot. I went to the gym today and seem to be down a little bit. Honestly- I was shocked, I find every week I'm convinced I won't lose weight that I don't believe it. It seems kind of like a dream bc I never had any luck before. So definitely WW is helping.

Will try to walk later today but it is cold and it snowed last night, so the sidewalks are a bit rough. Will see how it goes.
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Checking in, it's been about a week since I've been on. My husband works over the road and when he is home, I am so lazy in every aspect. LOL I have been making good choices but not weighing and watching like I should. I stayed the same weight this week, so at least no gain. He needs to get back out on that road so I can get back to normal!! hahaha!! It's so hard when he is here!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Your breakfast sounds yummy. I think it’s a good idea to lighten your cooking load.

@its_cleo I’m only competitive if there’s a chance I could win. If I’m too far back I’m like why bother. I’d rather be sitting and reading a book. Can you find a mall to walk in during the snowy days. Hospitals work too. The stairs are great there.

@gettingmeback2013 Maybe you could make a new normal for when he’s home. As they say just change one thing. Measure your food, track all your food, exercise 15 min a day. Post to the team. Choose one on those days and start building a habit. The great news is that you didn’t gain.

I went over my boundaries by 9 calories. 😡 9. I almost succumbed to the stinking thinking of well I’ve blown it so I might as well make it a party. But I didn’t as I really want that one lb loss on Day 30. Exercise was 44 minutes. Journal done and only a little sticker 😩
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Morning all..

Well I blew it last night. It was more of an emotional justifying eating binge. However, the good thing is that I know how yucky I feel this morning and I also created some good habits during the fast. I have gotten more of my family to like eating healthy. So I think I am going to be okay. I don't want to go back to feeling sluggish, out of breath, tight jeans..etc. My grandson is tracking all if food, on MFP...I laugh. I get a text..grandma what brand was that chicken..LOL

@theslightedgeforever you are doing great and good for you for not giving into the I blew it already!!!

@gettingmeback2013 Yea it's hard when your routine changes, you just need a routine for when he is home..you can do it!!!

@trooworld I love that you are giving yourself a day off...we all need one!! I am sure you will be able to get back to walking..it's good you know the signs and can catch it early.

@its_cleo congrats on the loss...it's good that when we don't believe what we are doing makes a difference and we are proven wrong..LOL

@TeresaW1020 You are so right about embrace the pain..I was talking to someone about how I got addicted to pain killers when I broke my knee and had to go through the withdrawals...it was no fun. The interesting part is most of my life I don't take medicine, I have always hated taking anything...even when I had my hysterectomy, I thew my pain killers away and moved furniture the 2nd day home...not a smart move, but that's me.. so it's a real pain when we are addicted to ANYTHING...we must face it, to overcome it and have complete victory...so thank you for saying that...

@TrishasTime I will take some of that heat...I am so sick of being COLD..LOL enjoy!!!

Gotta run gals..I am so glad you all share it encourages me even when I can't get on here to tell you!!

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,894 Member
    Options
    @its_cleo Thanks! I made the tofu dish last night, it was really delicious. Thanks for the tip about the water bottle. Yes, I could get inserts at the drugstore, that's always an option, and I might try that before I go to the doctor. I did just get the compression socks I ordered, so we'll see how those work, I might just need those. Good luck with the walk, I hope you get to get out.

@gettingmeback2013 Hello! That's good you have been making good choices.

@theslightedgeforever Yes, I agree. It was getting overwhelming. I've been doing it for years with varying degrees of success. Good for you for not giving up.

Hello all. I have to go to the dentist today to get a deep cleaning done, not looking forward to that. I hope you have a better day than that.

EMPOWERED.

67929161.png
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    GM everyone

I am back from holidays.. Thankyou @theslightedgeforever for sending me that link. :) much appreciated. I decided to restart the 100 days and have indeed created a blog. Some of you know that I have given up alcohol. On the way over to Melbourne, I was upgraded to business class with all the perks. When they offered me some sparkling wine, I accepted and l then took one sip. I have to tell you I have definitely lost the taste for it.

@trooworld - I too have that issue. My podiatrist recommended insoles at a hefty cost, my doctor recommended the orthotic insoles (link below is the one I bought, but you would have something similar in US). 1. It is much cheaper and you can see if it works without spending hundreds of dollars. 2. You can also change them from shoe to shoe as you need to. Me - I bought 3 pairs for my most common shoes. Once I knew that worked, I bought thongs for around the house with arch support. Since then I have had no pain at all. I have noticed you can get these in good athlete shoe stores as well Hope this helps
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Orthotic-insoles-with-poron-met-and-heel-pads-for-plantar-fasciitis-relief/112360962288

@TeresaW2010 - There is another saying that is close to the one you mentioned " Being big is pain, losing weight is pain - YOU CHOOSE your pain" Which I took as everything that you do there is a plus and minus side. You need to choose the one that you want the most.

@theslightedgeforever - I do miss the step challenge ever since I changed to apple watch. I am glad you are in the lead at the moment.

@cbabie - The heat is very hot - I went from Melbourne back to Perth and it was 100 here. The difference with Melbourne is it had very high humidity. For me - I can always get warmer, being big I feel the heat a lot

@its_cleo - I am glad WW is working for you. It takes a lot of time to get out of the old mindset and realise indeed it is actually working.

@gettingmeback2013 - Does your DH pop in every 5 minutes to annoy you when he is working over the road. Can you do some leslie Sansone video for 20 min at a time?

@gemwolf110 - The lasagne receipe looks great - have booked marked it for future reference

Hello @prisoner2food - Hope you are okay

Well today is Day 2 of 100 days - let the journey begin

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @cbabie. Good for you for getting your family to eat healthier

@trooworld I hope the compression stockings work for you. So you can get back to enjoying exercise.

@gemwolf110 That lasagna sounds good. I’ll have to try it

@TrishasTime Welcome back. You would think Apple would have a contest for steps somewhere as big of a company and well-known.

Stayed within food boundaries. Had two spoonfuls of my ds birthday dessert. Basically diabetes on a plate. 5 layers- brownie, Oreo, cheesecake , Oreo, chocolate chip cookie. 84 min exercise. Journal done big sticker day.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I tracked yesterday, but did not stay within my calories and ate a "small" sliver of birthday cake. Overall I feel good about it. Today we have lunch at a cafe close by the office, so most of my calories will be spent there. Pastor wants to take the staff out, so out it is. (it's a burger place) I keep hearing a scripture in my head that says despise not small beginnings. So I am NOT....

@gemwolf110 that recipe sounds great thank you for sharing

@TrishasTime It was so good to read your post and hear you give links and all the things to encourage each one here. Good for you with the alcohol. Is your blog for you only or do you post for others to read? I hate being cold, but yes we can always add clothes, we can't take enough off when it's hot and muggy!!!! :)

@trooworld isn't it great that we all share whats going on in our life and we find out that someone else had the same issues and can suggest something that might work for us? I love this group. I hope the socks work well for you!

@theslightedgeforever My internet keeps going in and out while I am typing this and I had to type your username all out...whew it's long..LOL Good for you on only spoonfuls...I think I like your birthday desert more than ours...it was all chocolate, but not a sweet chocolate..my GD is not a sweet person...(take that how you wish)...LOL

Okay gals a busy day ahead of me, but excited to keep on my healthy tracking and getting my health back in the right direction.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Thanks for the recipe, it looks really good!

@TrishasTime welcome back! Thanks for the link, I found them on Amazon's website. I will order some!

@theslightedgeforever Thanks, me too. I put them on for the first time today, they feel pretty good. Wow, what a dessert plate!

@cbabie That's good you tracked. Yes, indeed! I hope so, too. I'm going to order some of those inserts though.

Hello all. Dental appointment was okay, I was really numb though and went to my acupuncture appointment afterward sounding like I had marbles in my mouth lol. I had to eat soft foods for dinner so what did I want? MACARONI AND CHEESE. I'm in pain, comfort me. Some things never change.

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @its_cleo congrats on your loss!! You are so right that we have to listen to our bodies and NOT our emotions. WW or any plan is going to work if we work the plan. But it all starts with the mental. :)

@gemwolf110, thanks for the link to the lasagna recipe. I have added to my Pinterest board. B)

@gettingmeback2013, Maybe just try to start one good habit when hubby is home and get that one down and then begin another one.

@cbabie, I think that is great that your grandson is now tracking. You are creating a trickle effect of good health. Yeah, pastors never seem to pick a healthy place to eat, do they? :D

@TrishasTime, glad you had a good vacation, but you must be so tired of the heat. We are hearing about it over here on the news.

@Trooworld, When I'm in pain, I want comfort foods too. Glad everything went ok at the dentist. I liked your menu this week. You are always so exotic! B)

Well, ladies, I lost a whole .04 lbs this week!! Seriously I give turtles a bad name. :D:D I still have two more weigh in days for the 100-day challenge so we will see if I can make some headway there. I am giving up all night time snacking except for Tuesdays where I will split a bag of microwave popcorn with my hubby. I <3 popcorn so much!! The rest of the week the kitchen is closed after dinner. I'm going to stick to that plan for all of next month and see if that will help. I'm also back to double tracking on MFP and WW. I'm hoping that with twice the work it will keep me more mindful. The motto of the day: Tweak it till you make it! :D:p
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Good Morning everyone :)

Tracked yesterday, Over 13K steps however I did not do my set exercise as I planned in my diary. Disappointing but I did move a lot.

@Teresaw2010 - is there a prize for the 00 day challenge? Is popcorn high in points? I am thinking it is healthy snack and have only just bought the old fashion popcorn kernels and a microwave popcorn container. Now I have to really look at it again

@cbabie - It is wonderful that you are getting you family to enjoy eating more healthy foods. Yes lunch with bosses - you really can not say no. Well done for being mindful - sliver of birthday cake - now that is strong! At this time my blog is closed, but I may open it up later. I am decided to treat it more like a journal of my ups and downs for now

@its_cleo - congrats on your loss

@trooworld - Glad you found some - I do hope that they prove to be a pain reliever for you as they are to me.

@theslightedgeforever - typing your name reminded me of @cbabie piece of birthday cake (LOL). Looks like you had a great day all round

Back o work today

Take care

Trish
  • its_cleo
    Options
    Well famous last words, because my weight went down and then up. So today is my official weigh in, and overall I'm up 2 ounces. I'm disappointed bc this was the first week I did not binge on the weekend, and my overall caloric intake all week was in a reasonable range so I don't really understand it. I think my exercise has possibly changed- I am doing more walking and before I was running/ and doing stairs. Will try to track my movement more.

But I'm trying to just continue and see what next week brings.

@TeresaW1020 I will be a turtle right along with you. I actually love turtles. I'm doubletracking too. It's kind of a pain, but I also think both are helpful in different ways.

@trooworld I'm with you, I haven't had mac and cheese in years, I miss it lol.

@cbabie I really like that - despise not small beginnings

@theslightedgeforever lol it does sound like diabetes on a plate!
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @cbabie. You don’t need to include the @ nor my entire username. Just type Slightedge. I check here anyway. I don’t go by the notifications. I had 1/3 piece today of the dessert. So I have given most of it away. Ds wasn’t thrilled. I told him I’m saving him from a life of diabetes. There are usually chicken choices at burger places. Sometimes even bunless choices. If all they have is burgers then opt for the small cheeseburger. Less in calories. You can always opt to bring your own food. Or sit and drink water. I’m learning that my health is more important than other people’s opinions.

@trooworld I could eat mac and cheese forever. Now I’m learning to take smaller portions and fit it into my day. Like I did with the dessert.

@TeresaW1020 I love popcorn too even though I know microwave popcorn bags aren’t good for me because of the hydrogenated oil. I have whittled that down to once in awhile. But as for regular popcorn I bought a microwave popcorn bowl and just add the kernels. No oil. When it’s done I just spritz it with some olive oil and add my popcorn seasoning. That seems to quell my craving. A loss is a loss. I’m counting down to Day 30 too. We are getting to the part where the rubber meets the road. The losses get fewer and how to keep the car out of the ditch and heading towards our destination.

@TrishasTime You were active and moving your body and next time you’ll do the planned exercise. I see we pop popcorn the same way.

@its_cleo stick to your plan and those two ounces will leave and take along some of its friends. Concentrate on the habits you are developing. Your body will fight you at every turn so you will give in and go back to being the old you.

Ok that’s done. I stayed within my food boundary. Exercise was a rest day but I got in 16 minutes in the morning and I rested too much today so if I wanted my big sticker I had to put in some steps. So I ended up walking another 28 min. Journal done and big sticker day
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Well, 0.4 lbs is heading in the right direction at least, congrats on your loss!

@TrishasTime That's a great number of steps, congrats! Yes, I ordered them I just hope I ordered the right size as the sizing is different. They will get here in a few weeks.

@its_cleo I'm sorry your weight went up. That's a bummer. I know it will come right off though, that's a trip to the bathroom! ;)

@theslightedgeforever I want to be like you when I grow up. :D I am all or nothing with pasta. It's kind of one of those things that I can't have just a little of. I either commit to overdoing it, or I don't have it at all lol. Most times, I don't have it at all. It's a trigger food for me.

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! <3

@TrishasTime, There is no prize at the end of the 100 day challenge. However, hubby has promised me a spring shopping spree for some new clothes, so that is motivating. Popcorn isn't a bad choice at all! It's anywhere from 2 to 4 points for 2 to 4 cups. I count mine as 4 points. It's high in fiber which is always a good thing. That is a great step count! I am lucky to get 7000-8000 on a good day. :)

@its_cleo, if I could give you one piece of advice it would be to not get discouraged. Yes, I know that is easier said than done! I keep a spreadsheet since I started WW and yesterday was week #108. It's interesting to look at it and see the trends of my up and down weight. I also keep notes so I know why I might have gained that week. But you know what? Sometimes there is no reason. You got this!! :blush:

@theslightedgeforever, I should look into getting a microwave popcorn bowl. If I could eat more popcorn every day! You are rocking your plan! Sunday was my rest day but I still got on my recumbent bike for 20 minutes just so I could reach my daily goals. Consistency is what is going to get us to where we want to be. :)

@trooworld, I love mac & cheese!!! I don't ever really get it because my husband doesn't like it. He's not normal! :D

Well, it's 29 degrees here and for us that is cold!! But I'm not complaining considering what others in the country are going through. I watched a video earlier of women doing snow-yoga. There is no end to crazy in this world! :D:D I woke up with the scale down, which made me happy. I plan to be extra careful today so I can end my day 30 with a loss. I like this focusing on 10 days at a time along with my regular weekly WW weigh-in. Usually, I would have eaten more on Tuesday and Wednesday but because that is day 9 and 10 of my challenge, I have to be more mindful. Win win!!
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

@its_cleo The slight gain could be just fluid movement in your body. Have you taken your base body measurements yet. Often when the scales lie, the body tells the truth in measurements

@teresaw2010 - Snow Yoga - wow :) I like the idea of spring shopping spree :) Fingers crossed for your loss. BTW - I do not like Mac and cheese, now you know 2 people who are normal (hehe)

@trooworld - Now I love pasta - not mac and cheese, How is the foot, until the arch support comes, you could use a tennis ball at night time and roll it under your foot.

@theslightedgeforever - So I am gathering if exercise was a rest day, you still need to put in a certain amount of steps?

I am working form home this morning as I have a medical appointment at 11.4 and I will go to work form there

Take care everyone

Trish
  • its_cleo
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever yeah you're right, body and mind will definitely want to go back to the old ways. It sounds like you had another great day!

@TrishasTime I haven't done measurements, I always worry I can't do it right twice in a row. My gym has a scale that shows body fat percentage, and I tried that at the start when I joined ww. It's a special scale- calculates bmr etc- , so I don't use it for my regular weigh ins. But I will try it again in a few months to see.

@TeresaW1020 thanks! I'm not discouraged yet. I track things too, I wish I could figure out a simple formula for losing/ or maintaining, but I haven't been able to yet lol. Congrats on the scale being down! 29 sounds close to what we have -17 C or 1.4 F. But yeah people in some areas of US have it much worse than us.

@trooworld - Lol. I thought of that, the bathroom :) Honestly maybe I was getting a little relaxed with calories + a bit less rigorous exercise.

So I am watching what I eat like a hawk again this week, so we will see.

Take care all
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld I wasn’t always this way. It’s taken years of this journey to figure out myself. Still not done. I’ve learned I would rather have a little bit than nothing. My motto in life usually has been something is better than nothing. My adult side tried the nothing and it didn’t work so the child side said eat to your hearts content. Pretty soon the adult will take away your food again. Now I’m pleasing the both of them. Learning what I need to satisfy but still be consistent so I can lose. I’ve played the yo-yo game too long.

@TeresaW1020 That shopping spree sounds fun. Yes consistency is our friend this year. I think snow yoga sounds better than goat yoga.

@Trishastime. What’s not to like about Mac and cheese. Maybe you’ve just tried the box kind. That’s not the good stuff. Yes on the rest days. I take Tuesday and Friday off but I need to get in at least a 15 min walk and right now my step goal is 5500. Fitbit goal is actually 8000 but I’m babystepping my way back up again to that. I started at 5000. Soon I’ll increase to 6000 when the time is right. The trick is to stretch myself but make it attainable. If it’s too out of my reach I won’t even try.

@its_cleo. The formula I’m going to use for losing/maintaining will be my data that I track. Right now I know I’m averaging around 266 intentional exercise calories and eat around 1375 calories. I’m losing at this point so it’s working. If I get to a point where I’m not losing at a rate I want, then I’ll have to play with the numbers. What’s your magic numbers? I’m not shooting for 100% accuracy just “around” that number. Something also to think about is as you lose weight your metabolic rate will change. Your body won’t need to burn as much. So that needs to be figured in down the road too. That’s why I won’t push harder than I need to right now because eventually my body will need less calories and/or more exercise calories. Life is still meant to be enjoyed.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, my computer is down again!!!UGH. So this will be short and sweet....I have to put boundaries on me again...any little space and Imlose control. my grandson wants to do keto, LOL. I said not enough carbs for me, but we will journey together.

Cbabie
  • its_cleo
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever when you say 266 intentional exercise cals. Do you mean you exercise and burn off 266 cals, and can then eat 266 more?

Or do you just mean you are eating 1375 and burning 266 through exercise? Just trying to understand.

I was trying to eat between 1600 and 1450. I dont really think about exercise calories. But to be honest I am playing with different things. I'm probably all over the place right now.

@cbabie yeah I think keto is tough. I'm not into cutting particular food groups out. I have cut back on carbs, but I still eat them.