October 2020 Monthly Running Challange

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,954 Member
    @Teresa502 Great race, especially after running 5 miles before it started! I'm going to have to keep some of these "local" races I didn't know about in mind for the future.

@HonuNui Hugs to you. Glad you do the run in his memory. Way too young to die. Cancer sucks!

@Scott6255 That is an awesome pace. Glad you had such a great run!

@shanaber You can definitely run/walk the race. I never intend to "only" run a long race, or a short one for that matter! I'm trying to decide about signing up for the AF HM again. It isn't until September, but they open registration on Jan 1. It is their 25th anniversary run too. It would give me something to shoot for.

@noblsheep Glad you got the race feel for a little bit. Hopefully things will get better and we can all get back to in person racing sooner rather than later.

@mbaker566 Finn is adorable. I want him! Cute that Lavender decided Speed Demon was her friend. Maybe they will get to meet on another run.
  • quilteryoyo
    @polskagirl01 Glad you gave yourself a mental health day and had such a great run today. That's a beautiful place to run!

@marisap2010 Glad your dad did well. Hope the recovery is quick.

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    To all those who keep losing their posts, I hate that damned "done" button. I never use the forum in the app now, I only ever access on the website. Then I don't have the done button and it doesn't happen. I think the browser is so much easier. And looks almost exactly the same as the app.

Yeah, I'm in the browser, on my phone. I'm not sure what happened, maybe the back button, or sometimes if I go into another app, it reloads the page when I come back. I try to remember to copy what I have, just in case. I also quit using the app for the forums a long time ago and agree this is much better :)
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,707 Member
    @Teresa502 Great race, especially after running 5 miles before it started! I'm going to have to keep some of these "local" races I didn't know about in mind for the future.

Follow the State of Franklin Track Clubs calendar (runtricities.org). The calendar is pretty sparse this year but hopefully after you’ve recovered from surgery there will be more local races. They are planning to have the Haunted Half on October 31. It’s n Blountville this year instead of Jonesborough but still promises to be a hilly route. Also been meaning to ask you if you know Bob Townsend. He’s very active in the track club and I think he volunteers at the same ball field that you do.
  • quilteryoyo
    @Teresa502 I do indeed know Bob Townsend. He's a great guy. He and I did work together at the ball field, but they didn't play this year. :disappointed: I see him running around town all the time. I'll check out the calendar.

@rheddmobile Yeah for the fast pace mile!!! That's awesome on a hilly course. I know sometimes I feel like I'm running really fast and get disappointed by Garmin. Guess it just happens. I didn't know geese liked persimmons, but am not surprised. What does surprise me is that Tippy, my crazy dog, loves them!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    10-1 7k easy
    10-2 7k slow
    10-3 7k slow
    10-4 7k easy
    10-5 rest
    10-6 7k easy
    10-7 7k easy
    10-8 7k easy
    10-9 7k easy
    10-10 7k easy
    10-11 7k easy
    10-12 rest
    10-13 7k easy
    10-14 7k easy
    10-15 7k slow
    10-16 7k moderate
    10-17 7k easy
    10-18 7k easy
    10-19 rest

October Total: 112k
    October Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k
    August Total: 172k
    September Total: 176k

2020 Total through September: 1584k / 176k per month

Scheduled rest day today. No golf due to the rain.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles - Completed 10-11
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020
    Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders -- Completed 9-29

2020 races:

9-8 to 9-13 "Virtual Boston with Vincent" Time goal 5:15:00; actual time 4:47:01
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    @marisap2010 I have not tried the Garmin plans but I would love to hear what you think of them in the next few weeks. I like to change my plan up a couple times a year just to have something new to do. Always up for another option.