10/4: 11.02 miles
    10/6: 6.22 miles
    10/7: 6.22 miles
    10/8: 6.23 miles
    10/11: 11.04 miles
    10/13: 6.02 miles

52.99/100 miles completed for October

1112.92/1000 miles for Run the Year Team Pavement Pounders

I got 6 miles in this morning. It was a lovely 45°F. We've been having crazy weather here. So far it's been pretty nice in the mornings and nice some afternoons, but also still hot. It was around 65° for my run Sunday morning and got to over 100° that afternoon. Yesterday was just in the low 80's, but I think it is supposed to hit 86° today. It looks like it will be around 60°-65° tomorrow and Thursday in the morning. I really love running in this weather. Today I did wear my sleeves and gloves starting out. But I ended up taking the gloves off and pushing the sleeves down to my wrists. Then my hands got a little cold so instead of putting the gloves back on I just put the sleeves on my hands (they have the thumb holes) and that worked pretty good. I don't think I'll need the sleeves and gloves tomorrow, but it was pretty chilly starting out today. It was a beautiful morning too. It was really dark and there were lots of stars and a pretty little crescent moon. I've been so stressed out the last few days getting ready to start my new job (and leave my job of 20 years). Running is about the only thing keeping me sane.

@quilteryoyo I am so glad the heart cath went well and you are feeling good!

@katharmonic Good luck with the contacts. I've been wearing them since I was about 17 and it took a little getting used to, but I like it more than dealing with glasses.

@scott6255 I always do my long run on Sunday and take Monday as a rest day. No Monday blahs and by Tuesday I am ready to get back out there.

exercise.png

2020 races:
    11/7/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,717 Member
    Options
    10/1 – 5.23 miles
    10/3 – 21.06 miles
    10/5 – 6.08 miles
    10/7 – 5.18 miles
    10/8 – 5.11 miles
    10/10 – 15.06 miles
    10/13 – 8.33 miles
    Goal – 125 miles

It was 64F and the humidity was 95% at 5:00 am this morning. We’ve been enjoying mornings in the upper 40s and 50s for a couple of weeks now with little humidity so this morning was a sweatfest!

Great news @quilteryoyo!

@skippygirlsmom – One of my running friends had her son and his gf home from college this weekend also and she was talking about how expensive it was also. Apparently, it involved a lot of eating out. I just love the fact that these kids want to come home and spend time with their moms on their breaks!

@ContraryMaryMary – love the photos! Beautiful!

@katharmonic – Hope you get the contact lenses figured out soon. Please make sure the one that was in your left eye isn’t stuck in there someplace!

Welcome @8ericalynn!

@kgirlhart – I saw that beautiful smiling moon this morning too!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    On holiday in Taupo at the moment. It’s been raining the whole time 🙄. Fortunately, we’re in a ‘resort’ with a massive thermally heated pool, which is lovely. The girls and I have been spending at least three hours a day soaking and swimming.

Got out for a run today. Headed from the resort to a nearby park then along the river to the Huka Falls. According to our jet boat driver yesterday, pre-Covid, the falls were the most visited tourist spot in New Zealand - something like a million visitors a year. Today, I met no one in the paths, and at the viewing platform over the falls there were two people. I guess I’ll call that a benefit of Covid!

Anyway, a few picks from my run in the spoiler.
    43slytfspg02.jpeg

khvul1qmhkl9.jpeg

0mmi3w5lzw7x.jpeg

lxikklv59il7.jpeg

7ej12ssn7ywu.jpeg

This is the ONE good thing about covid. We actually get to go and enjoy our natural attractions without all those annoying American tourists (😜)

Just teasing guys! It is true though that we avoid a lot of places due to crowds, and there just aren't the crowds atm
    It is nice. And Huka falls is stunning!

We try to avoid the crowds at US tourist spots too. So we get it.

3 miles today. It was 66 this morning and it felt cool. I was like oh is it time to switch to t-shirts and capris? Then after about a mile I was sweating and going nope. Still warm here. LOL

48 ish miles so far.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo So happy to hear that your cath went well and you are recovering. One step closer!

@ContraryMaryMary Beautiful!

@katharmonic I wore glasses as a kid and then contacts for about 20 years. Until I got Lasik. That has been amazing. It's unreal to me still that people can just SEE when they wake up!!

Welcome @8ericalynn!

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @katharmonic - I wore contacts for years. Take it slowly and your eyes will get used to them and you will become a pro at putting them in and taking them out! Make sure your hands are really clean though and no contact with spices or hot sauces/peppers. I cut a bunch of jalapeño peppers once and despite washing and putting lemon juice on my hands I still managed to end up with the spicy (capsaicin?) residue on my lens!
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @polskagirl01 are you just going to leave us hanging? Or did I miss the answer?
    I was waiting for someone to get it, although @shanaber was almost there...

Sugar beets! They are being harvested. In a neighboring field, a group of about 7 men were also harvesting cabbages by hand. One thing I like about running here is the variety of things I see growing in the fields.
    @polskagirl01 - they look so different from the sugar beets we had. Ours were darker and more round. Must be just a different variety. Fun fact - Idaho is known for their russet potatoes but they are also one of the largest sugar producers in the US.

No run for me today. We had an intense agility class last night with lots of direction changes and turns. My glute was unhappy after class and is still complaining this morning even after foam rolling and stretches last night. I am hoping to get in a HIIT class later today along with more foam rolling.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @polskagirl01 are you just going to leave us hanging? Or did I miss the answer?
    I was waiting for someone to get it, although @shanaber was almost there...

Sugar beets! They are being harvested. In a neighboring field, a group of about 7 men were also harvesting cabbages by hand. One thing I like about running here is the variety of things I see growing in the fields.
    @polskagirl01 - they look so different from the sugar beets we had. Ours were darker and more round. Must be just a different variety. Fun fact - Idaho is known for their russet potatoes but they are also one of the largest sugar producers in the US.
    Maybe they grow a different variety there?
    Red beets are also really popular here, and of course there are lots Polish dishes that include them. Which brings me back to running, because apparently beet juice has been shown to have a lot of benefits for athletes. Just don't put it in a hydration pack bladder... I did once and it leaked.
    @Scott6255 you might've had them in sugar form and didn't know it. It's very similar to cane sugar.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    @Faebert you're gonna make it! I feel like I know exactly how you feel - getting slammed from all directions. Like swimming in the ocean and it gets crazy...

But remember -

You can be a fish in water. You're gonna make it out on the other side stronger. ;)
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,990 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 I'm back from the heart cath. I'm sure the other surgery will not be so quick. Haven't gotten it scheduled yet.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 try Bob and Brad on YouTube. They have a lot of really good videos on stretching all sorts of things. It was their cross fibre massage video that converted me years ago when I had my posterior tibial tendinitis.