Women 200lb+, Let's Be Fang-tastic This October!!!

Replies

• azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    could someone tell me how to "reply" to someone's post? (button challenged!! :smiley: ) broadwey21 I am new to this group too, and need all the support and motivation I can get!!
  • broadwey21
    broadwey21 Posts: 39 Member
    azalea4175 .... I'm not sure you can, I can't see any comments anywhere its all on the thread possibly? Maybe one of the others can help explain it to us newbies
  • broadwey21
    azalea4175 wrote: »
    could someone tell me how to "reply" to someone's post? (button challenged!! :smiley: ) broadwey21 I am new to this group too, and need all the support and motivation I can get!!

ahhh maybe this is it
  • broadwey21
    azalea4175 wrote: »

sussed it my lovely, you hit the quote bit, it then copies the message you want to reply to up above .... whoop there is life in the old grey cells yet
  • Tarzan37
    Tarzan37 Posts: 158 Member
    @azalea4175 and @broadwey21 you can also highlight one section of a post and then hit quote if it's a longer post and you just want to respond to one part of it. Welcome to the group!

I'm down another 1.9 lbs this morning so very happy about that! 0.2 away from 20 total pounds lost from my highest weight!

Have a great week, everyone!
  • azalea4175
    broadwey21 wrote: »
    Hello ladies, I finally have no where left to hide, my weight has officially affected my health, my dr has said take action to avoid surgery that they won't perform anyway until I lose weight
    (GO FIGURE)
    so today is the day where I leave the excuses at the door and just get on with it.... I really could do with some friends to mutually support and motivate through this .... add me ladies broadwey21

I dusted off the scales and its a scary number 318lbs :(

so my goal is to log everything good or bad
    to be more mindful of what I eat and why
    and to try to move a bit

day 1 is off to a good start ...whoop!

• azalea4175
    I think it worked!! :) I was doing very well in the loss department. My highest was 315# and in March I was at 279#. then I was sent home to work through Covid, and am at 290#. Not a complete regain but too much. I have since found out too I need a complete right knee replacement, which explains so much about the pain during working out, walking, etc. I have bought a recumbent bike to help strengthen the muscles around both knees.

My goals:
    Still to lose 5# in October, 5# in November, 5# in December
    Log everything going into my mouth - no more "i'll get to it in a bit"
    Lots of water - 40 oz to start (on top of my tea and 1 cup of coffee)
    Fruit or veggie at every meal
    Reduce added sugar

thanks for the support and I'm open to suggestions/motivations/recipes/ideas.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited October 2020
    @Azalea4175 - to tag someone you type the @ followed by their user name.

If you quote someone else's post you can post your comment below the quote.

If you make a mistake in your post, you have an hour to edit it. In the web-based app hover your cursor over the upper right hand corner of your post. You should see a "gear" icon. Click the gear and select edit. Has saved me from many a typo or grammatical mistake, and occasionally an instance of oversharing that I thought the better of. :)

If you really make a doosy but forget to edit it within an hour, you have to ask staff to edit or delete your post. That has never happened to me, thankfully.
  • Height 5'2"
    SW 216
    CW 209.6

SW 10/1/2020: 208.6

10/4 goal: 207 -
    10/11 goal : 205 - 10/11 Weight: 208
    10/18 goal: 203 - 10/18 Weight: 207.2
    10/31 goal: 201

Well, I'm way behind in where I wanted to be at,at this point of the month. I keep going between 207 and 208. And its getting annoying. But I'm gonna keep going.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    @Ketokairalie: Just wait til puberty, and there are All The Feelings. (wry laughter)

Why would you wish that upon me?! lol
    My oldest is 11 (almost 12) so were getting close hahaha

Feel better!

You may be closer than you think. Girls often go through it earlier. My daughter didn't but I actually liked it when she started mouthing off because she is such an agreeable person it was a pleasure finally hearing what she was thinking.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    @changeforeverlj that is so rude! Glad you are not letting her get to you. No one ever died of a few extra wrinkles!

I love this. We are much safer and healthier with less pounds and more wrinkles. With COVID this is even more true.
  • KMC55
    KMC55 Posts: 100 Member
    edited October 2020
    @Making_Impossible_Possible

I totally understand, im in the same boat. Been bouncing in the 230's for pretty much this whole year and need to find some momentum, thus me jumping into the chats to look for help, encouragement and accountability to call me on my crap, lol
  • Tarzan37
    Tarzan37 Posts: 158 Member
    Congratulations on the 50lb loss, @iloveeggnog!! And fitting into the size medium perfectly - awesome!