WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Katla I have several scoops both fixed and collapsible in 4 sizes. I never weigh anything anymore and use the scoops and/or spoons. I eat my three breakfasts out of the container. For instance, breakfast #1 is (1 cup) 16 tablespoons 4% cottage cheese, and 16 tablespoons unsweetened organic applesauce. #2 is 8 tablespoons Nancy's whole milk yogurt and 2 tablespoons of almond butter. #3 is 2 Kodiak power flapjacks (fixed in the toaster), topped with Tillamook butter and local organic wildflower honey. #3 is the only one using a plate and fork. Living alone I can partake in such barbaric behavior. :D

Fae working on flapjacks she types

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,716 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Had a lovely dinner with friends..i whipped up an apple crisp..there are just 5 of us that get together .. we each bring something and enjoy each others company..
    Went this morning and picked up the jug for the 3rd time.. will either do the catch tomorrow or Monday..
    All tucked in with Alfie for the night..
    Lisa-Levi is getting so big and the afgan you made just adorable..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,353 Member
    Options
    Did the Body by Bethany DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to ride the recumbent bike.

Karen VA and Lisa – OOOOOHHHHH….heart be still

SuziQ – I’m sorry about your auto problems. I remember when Jess lived in Reston she used to have her car serviced here in Newton because it was less expensive. It was actually worth it for her to drive here

Fae – the last time I wore a bikini was before Jess was born (she’s 36 now) and that’s because we were invited to a party that had an “island” theme so I wore one with a grass skirt. I still have that bikini, but you wouldn’t catch me in it for a million dollars

Worked then came home and helped Vince put out more of the “fence” for the Halloween decorations. Went to WalMart to see about a certain paint but what they had doesn’t specifically say that it is for use on plastic (we use it on PVC pipe) so do hope it works. Then made a citrus cornmeal cake for Steve who is coming here next week. Also made some sugar cookies and chocolate chip ones.

Now going to take a shower and then maybe work a little bit more on the jigsaw puzzle. This is going to take me a long time to do

Tomorrow early I’m planning to go to Aldi’s.

Michele NC
  • Faetta
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Age 63-65 170-180 lbs Age 68 135 lbs Age 70 142 lbs
    6hkd0nsghln4.jpgm6238k0ywx5k.jpg
    k9cw5qg8tb5p.jpg6rbjppxokdr8.jpg

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Love the photos of the grands!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🧡💛💚💙💜❤️
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Creepy crawlies – I did not remember until I saw the box, I think my dad had one and made them to tease us girls…

National bird count – yes we do in the US I think it is around Valentines day… mid -February and over a 4 day period at Christmas time.

Kim from N. California
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Long day and I am grateful to see all of you. Early today NUTHIN’ did any good. Eventually I managed to get two plants into winter shelter. Yay! One is a tiny geranium and the other is my chocolate mint plant. The herbs on my deck are winter hardy. No worries about them. Halloween is coming right up. 👻🎃💀🎃☠️

Katla in Halloween town
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Loving the photos of the children and the snazzy seventy year old.

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,239 Member
    Options
    Our clocks have gone back. I managed to stay dozing until 6.30. :) Very pleased.
    The main problem today will be hungry an hour early. I have very rigid meal times. !!!!!!!
    Couldn't get on to Community last night at all. Probably maintenance.
    Made a broccoli, pea, broad bean and feta fritatta last night and I saved some for lunch sandwich today. Getting excited already.
    Unusually for us we had quite a meaty week, so I wanted vegetarian. In a row we've had goat, chicken and then pork. Normally we eat more fish.
    DH's younger daughter gave him a lovely bottle of cassis for his birthday, so we opened a bottle of Prosecco. Reminded me of holidays. B)
    It absolutely poured and blew a gale last night.
    Typing on her phone, Heather UK xxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,495 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: dogs to powerline, typed hymns, called Chief about NFIRS reports.
    Bonus: stripped guest bed, dragged pictures, totes and boxes out of guest room into office for sorting, purging, email to credit union and Thrivent, watched Absolute Dogs FB live (CALM), and yesterday listened to their first podcast while driving to/from town.
    Get to do: pack up bedding for donation, filing, veg prep, livestream church, submit grant pics and receipts, firehouse best practices survey, take pics of car, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; weed drive again, finish weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup. figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, Monday: call Progressive adjustor, shop for part D. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments
    Self Care October
    24: recognize I can choose priorities: Don’t let the mess overwhelm. Chose three things to blast a path to free up space for Shadow’s raised training bed.
    25: Plan a fun or exiting activity to look forward to: Stroll with T after church.

After several of Barbie’s “loving conversations” I’ve agreed to let the box springs and mattress go, keeping Mama’s bed frame for some future project to make into a bench. Joe kicked in half what the mattress set cost to ease the sting. Friends volunteer with several community organizations and while the organizations cannot accept mattresses, they know people who need ‘em, and will pick up Monday or Tuesday. This morning Joe wanted to move the mattresses into the dining room to make it easier for pickup, but to even get to them I needed to drag all the stuff out. So that is what I did this morning while Joe shifted the dining room table and chairs over to make room for the bed set along the wall. He moved the mattresses out to the dining room, and within AN HOUR, moved them back into the guest room. ??? Seems they were easier to move than he anticipated, and he wanted the dining room back the way it was. :laugh:

Now my office/exercise/meditation/music/sewing/craft/dog training room is chock a block with boxes, totes, lamps, bedding all hurled pell mell in with no system and little space in which to move. Must not let myself become paralyzed, instead focus on clearing enough space for one training bed in time for tomorrow’s training games.
    c6mxe02nj67s.jpg
    z19e571ax5c3.jpg
    2deayf4gh5p0.jpg

Fae ((hugs))
    Tracey :love: your grands’ conversations. Kids do “… say the darnedest things.” Resistance is futile, keep the pics coming :laugh:

Time to snooze and awaken refreshed, with energy to blast a path…

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: better than September.
    daily: sit with Joe: 24, weigh: 23, steps>5491=4412 vits=24 log=24 CI<CO=23 CI<250<CO=18 Tumble & Shadow 5=26 mfp=24 outside=22 up hill=22
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3= rx=3 dance=1 clean 30 mins=5
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=1 20for20=
    bonus: AF=16 play= sew=0
  • Faetta
    Options
    My workout is done, load #1 of laundry (stretch nylon bras, underwear, and socks) gently in the dryer, load #2 (towels, jeans & tops) harshly in the washer, load #3 (white cotton face and kitchen rags) waiting for their cleansing. I always do them last because I bleach them heavy and it leaves the washer smelling clean.

Fae in PNW airing her dirty laundry