WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that recipe Debbie! Right now I have the ingredients for 3 different pies and a cake. Do you think they will get made....Probably not!

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    (((Rori))).

I’m so sorry.

If I knew how to perform Reiki like you do, I’d send distant healing to everyone in your house every day.

:(

<3

Karen in Virginia

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,546 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family Costco, 3 pet stores- 2hrs 28min 24sec, 2.31ap, 84ahr, 122mhr, 67elev, 7.65mi= 725c
    Strava app= 927c
    Zwift bike trainer- 46min, 142ahr, 165mhr, 19.9amph, 436elev, 15.3mi= 520c
    Strava app = 344c

Total cal 1245
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,751 Member
    Options
    Rori ... so very sorry about your brother. Both he and your husband are very fortunate to have you in their lives. Yes, self-care often goes out the window when you're a care-giver or in a crisis. Just take care of the basics. Lifting you and your family up in prayer ...

Beth near Buffalo
  • smrshealthy
    smrshealthy Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    🦋
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    Options
    Rori: My heart goes out to you. As someone else said, try and find a little time for yourself each day if possible. (((Hugs)))
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Walked to Costco and other stores, pushed the dog carrier, yogi walked, bgqeptp3fjj6.jpeg
    Carries a lot

The essentials I see! Beer and toilet paper. :wink:

Where did you find the dog carrier? We are thinking of getting one for our pup.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Begging forgiveness for being MIA from here. I'm still on the caregiver rollercoaster, and pretty weary of this ride. And, there is no true relief in sight.

Brother Greg's doctor told him "You are at the end of the road. There isn't much we can do for you." So, once the tears subsided, I had to get my head back to the present and look for ways to make his journey through end stage liver disease as comfortable and loving as possible. So glad he is living here with us, even though DH doesn't fully understand what is going on.

DH's cognitive decline continues. I devote my online time to the Alzheimer's Spouse or Caregiver forum, which is one of the reasons I'm not here. I am learning alot from people who have been dealing with this longer than I have.

Mary, DH's 10 hour/week caregiver is a gem. She is a fountain of good information, and a good sounding board for me. We have many similar interests, and often I benefit from her company more than DH. He still get's antsy if I leave for more than 45 minutes at a time, but she handles him very well. She is cares very much about DB, and has offered to help with anything he needs.

I'm in a funk as far as my fitness and health. Just don't have the energy or motivation. Haven't exercised in over a month. I weigh in daily, but as far as long as logging food...forgetaboutit. Self care is very low priority, and I'm not exaggerating when I confess I go days without even getting a brush through my hair, and right now it's a big thick mass down to the middle of my back. Gross.

Here's to all of you who craft, write, work and share your beautiful stories and pictures. Stay well, friends.

Rori
    Trying to stay in the NOW in the Colorado Foothills

So sorry, Rori. I am glad you have a little support, but I wish you had more.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

• Kathryn41057
    Kathryn41057 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Kathryn - Welcome, what part of NB, I am from Hartland/Woodstock area originally. Live in Alberta now.

Tracey in Edmonton

Hi.... I live in Sussex, NB... Kat
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Walked to Costco and other stores, pushed the dog carrier, yogi walked, bgqeptp3fjj6.jpeg
    Carries a lot

The essentials I see! Beer and toilet paper. :wink:

Where did you find the dog carrier? We are thinking of getting one for our pup.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

Beer is for Kirby, that tp will last us a long time, then we went to get a 28# of dog food, got some Halloween candy just in case...
  • pipcd34
    Options
    My new monkey feet came in.
    beyyb0n86o9b.jpg
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Begging forgiveness for being MIA from here. I'm still on the caregiver rollercoaster, and pretty weary of this ride. And, there is no true relief in sight.

Rori
    Trying to stay in the NOW in the Colorado Foothills

So sorry about your brother and DH. { { Hugs } }

But I'm glad you found a great caregiver. They are worth their weight in gold!

Do try to take care of yourself a little bit when Mary is there.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Rori- bless you honey.. when it rains it pours. So glad at least you have a great caregiver to give you a few minutes to breath..
    Im so sorry about your brother.. i remember going through something similar with my mom,I took FMLA and helped with her care even though both my kids were younger..
    Jean wants me to work thurs-sunday next week both places are closed up for the winter so who knows where she is going.. but she had insurance payment so she worked thursdays . Well is she going to keep.doing that.. we shall see.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Still catching up from yesterday, about 1/2 an hour into work yesterday I had the starts of a headache. I tried to avoid a lot of screen time last evening in hopes of getting rid of the headache and managed to be feeling well when I went to bed. At 5 this morning though I had a full blown migraine happening. By 730 I had been sick 3 times from it. Needless to say I did not go to work today. I didn’t even get up 330 this afternoon for any real length of time.
    I had to call and do an assessment before I could return to work. I was on hold for 50 minutes before I got to speak to the nurse. What a pain that is when you don’t feel good.

Kate - I had to comment on your knitting skills. Beautiful socks.

Rebecca - love the family photos! Are Bailey’s chips what I think they are? My husband might enjoy them, I’m not a fan.

Barbara - I’m glad you deleted the “only” getting rid of anything is an accomplishment.

Katla - we pay a bottle deposit here in Alberta as well. I know New Brunswick does as well. New Brunswick had it even when I was a kid.
    We can choose to keep the money ourselves or donate it as well.

Annie - I have had hotdogs in the fridge for a long time at least a month. I always leave things in the package when I can so I can see the best before date. I just put them in air right containers. My Son in Law works at a dairy and told me that best before dates are mandated and you usually have a few days past those dates before dairy turns bad. He refuses to throw out unless it looks or smells bad. I have started following his lead for some things.

Michele - my iPhone has a health app that tracks my steps. I lose a lot of counting though as I don’t carry my phone with me all the time. If I am going outside for a walk I use Map my Walk.
    As a young married couple we had a 1 bedroom and we regretted signing a one year lease. We went to a 2 bedroom so we had a space to get away from each other when we needed it. With all of the working from home right now I could see needing an extra room.
    We currently have a 2 bedroom and I would do anything for a 3 bedroom. It would be so much easier to bring the Grands over.
    I keep a bag in the closet for things to donate and in the spare/craft room I have a box. I took a bunch a few weeks ago so don’t have anything currently to donate.

Well I have read and caught up over the last 40 minutes and feel my headache returning. Time to put the phone down again.

Tracey in Edmonton
    I’ll update with crafting pictures later.

pretty much the Bailey's chips are chocolate chips with a Baileys aroma no actual boozy taste. But it made my oatmeal cookies fantastic! The handful of sweetened coconut flakes made them magical. :-)
    Rebecca
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Thanks for that recipe Debbie! Right now I have the ingredients for 3 different pies and a cake. Do you think they will get made....Probably not!

Carol in GA

you are welcome-
    We got this recipe(and a bunch of other ones) about 40 yrs ago at a candy making class. We have a super easy and amazing one for caramel corn that uses 10qts of popped popcorn so it is big batches. I did three for me and we made 8-10 for mom, using dad's home grown popcorn.
    The toffee bars are made with saltine crackers, again, easy to make and so good.
    You can make the fudge in less than five min. and you can taste it right away(it thickens up pretty fast, so stir quickly.

Debbie
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    So i got a call from endocrinologist....sooo she said she wants me to get some genetic testing done as the calcium in the urine is low and the calcium in the blood is high..there is some long name for it but i cant remember it lol
    Sharon - so good to see you ..im glad you decided to stop in... sure do miss you...keep us in the loop my friend..
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Carries a lot

beer and toilet paper, what else is there! I had a Burley trailer when the boys were small. I just drove it in the store, covering up a kid as I shopped. Then took everything out to pay for it, while I told them to be patient as I drove it around to be refilled again. (Couldn't go thru the line)! My designated child, (mostly the eldest one when he was young, and in Japan, and the youngest one when we had Burley trailer #2), loved getting covered, and then could read the cereal boxes on the way home. :-)
    Rebecca