WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2020

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Tomorrow is All Saint's day, kind of a thing here in France. Many people go to visit their parents or grandparents, etc, graves, on November 1. Here it's the real beginning of lockdown. Since it's school vacation period (and also all saint's important for some) they are being flexible this weekend. But after Sunday night we can't really move more, from our main base. Happy Halloween for those who celebrate or love it.

I had no goals this month, listed here anyway, so I achieved all of them, for the 1st time ever. :D

• Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited October 2020
    Katla About the same forecast here. Daytime in the 60's till the 6th when they drop to the low 50's and dive into the '40s. After 5 days of the '60s and more to come, I think it is goodbye to many hydrangea blossoms next year. The many days of cold and frost had put them into dormancy and now signs of budding out. Reeses PB cups and M&M's (no peanuts) are among my favorites.

Allie I had some of that 28-degree nonsense several days back and the older I get the less I like it. When I was in the mountains, I would bank up my wood heaters for the night and use a lot of quilts for sleeping. It would get down to 50 when it was below 0 outside. That kind of thing would make me cranky now. Octoberrrrrr ..hahaha!

Tracey 20 C for me is ideal! Around here especially with the older, they call my place a refrigerator. I think in colder climates even the older learn to live colder inside because of the heating costs. I like being comfortable.

Margaret Our warm weather will continue for another week. It is nice but sure hard on plants like hydrangeas. I guess nothing good comes without a cost.

Kelly I love little kids in costume.

Fae

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I am ready for trick or treat! My “costume” is a black Dracula cape that I’ve had since my active teaching days. I hope the children will come tonight. If not—I’ll have to get rid of candy. The local Food Bank or our freezer are two likely candidates. Personally, I need to be mindful about what I put in my mouth and my freezer.

Once on the lips-forever on the hips—

Katla in Halloween Town
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Sean Connery!

Annie in Delaware
  • Faetta
    Katla49 wrote: »

Katla in Halloween Town

I wish that was true for me.

Once eaten in haste is now on my waist

Fae
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    We are waiting for Boris to announce the new lock down. I've got the TV on.
    Love Heather UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,636 Member
    So sad about Sean Connery,bless him went in his sleep at 90..
    Not getting to warm today so will stick around now,picked my son up from work snd stopped st DQ so he could get something to eat..
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    We decided that we would try to get one of the puppies, but the last two went to their new homes last night. That decision was made for us.

I went out and bought one box of Halloween candy in case we have anyone at the door. If not there are only 30 mini bars so it won’t cause much damage.

We bought the wood for the jewelry box we are making for Michaela today. Rodger will get it cut and assembled this week. I will line the drawers and do the finishing touches next week.

Now I’m bored and need to figure out something to do today. We aren’t seeing the Grands for the first Halloween since Jonah was born.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    edited October 2020
    Lockdown starts on Thursday. I've booked a hair trim for Monday.
    I hope to still walk home with the kids on Friday. We can keep to either side of the path. :s
    I thought it was funny that the announcement was delayed and delayed while they got their PowerPoint charts organised, but they did manage to finish in time for Strictly Come Dancing , a live broadcast. What pressure!!!! :p The nation would never forgive him if he stopped their favourite programme!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I am ready for trick or treat! My “costume” is a black Dracula cape that I’ve had since my active teaching days. I hope the children will come tonight. If not—I’ll have to get rid of candy. The local Food Bank or our freezer are two likely candidates. Personally, I need to be mindful about what I put in my mouth and my freezer.

Katla in Halloween Town

U can ship me your candy unless they are hard candies, u can keep those 😬
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2020
    I just got back from the grocery store. I bought eggs, ice cream, and sharp shredded cheddar cheese. I am currently steaming hard cooked eggs. We like to have a carton of them around and available. Tonight is trick or treat. I'm expecting a few grandchildren who are visiting our neighbors. Our own grandchildren live far away, 3 are in Illinois and 1 is in Virginia. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 49min, 39sec, 213elev, 3.10 ap, 85ahr, 114mhr, 9.39mi= 869c
    Strava app = 1137c
    Zwift bike trainer = 190c
    Strava app = 134c

Total cal 1059
  • Faetta
    Tracey The jewelry box project sounds like fun.
  • Snowflake1968
    Fae - we’re looking forward to it. When our girls were little we made 6 of them one year for our sisters, nieces and daughters. My daughter asked us to make one for Michaela. Hers will be different but the heart will still be in it.

Tracey
  • Faetta
    Fae - we’re looking forward to it. When our girls were little we made 6 of them one year for our sisters, nieces and daughters. My daughter asked us to make one for Michaela. Hers will be different but the heart will still be in it.

Tracey

Love to see a photo!
  • Snowflake1968
    Fae - I’ll share a photo when it’s done.

Heather- Bea is adorable!