The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one that has a teenager who leaves his clothes at his desk and plates and cups lol. I know one day I will be sad he's not 'little' anymore.

No. You're not the only one. Strange thing is, I don't remember that happening when I was a teenager 40 years ago. Maybe we're too soft as parents now.

I know my kids get away with way more than I ever would have when I was that age
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween
    Just one

Saturday night and the moon is out
    I gonna head on over to the Twist and Shout,
    Find a two-step partner and a cajun beat,
    When it lifts me up, I'm gonna find my feet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuapCENFM2U
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Happen Halloween. We had a creepy feast for lunch as we invited a friend over for a distanced backyard get together. I made popcorn chicken, pasta which was boiled in red wine to go with a mushroom bolognese (for some reason I thought this friend didn't eat beef), skull and donuts and had out the spider bread which we never cut open. Now perhaps some board games or fun movies.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Anyone have pumpkin pics to share? These are my two. I've already seen the squirrels eying them f9iepkqhe4vv.jpg
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,279 Member
    Options
    cln29xt3tea8.jpg

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,231 Member
    Options
    msboaiulwbfr.jpg
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Good morning and happy Sunday everyone. I wasn't able to go to a Halloween dinner last night because of the incoming typhoon here in my country.

Good Morning. Happy Halloween & stay safe. Holding good thoughts for you all!

x6remvkgk77t.png

Thank you 🙂
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Sunday everyone. I wasn't able to go to a Halloween dinner last night because of the incoming typhoon here in my country.

Stay safe!!❤️
    When is it supposed to arrive?

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options

Stay safe!!❤️
    When is it supposed to arrive?

It arrived early this morning and as per the local news, it will stay here until tomorrow.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. Pie season is upon us. Oh boy... I hope you all have a relaxing Sunday.

Oddly enough, the only time I eat pie really is on thanksgiving, I'll have a piece of pumpkin pie. Otherwise I'm just not a pie person. If it's offered to me, I'll have some if there isn't another option, but I don't really crave it.

That being said I'm making a pumpkin cheesecake/pie hybrid for Thanksgiving this year, my sister found the recipe and she's not a baker, so asked if I would do it.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    It's November 1st. One or my friends here started a no slacking in November challenge. Of course I joined because I was feeling great from my past week if workouts. So fingers crossed I can make it!!!
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    It's November 1st. One or my friends here started a no slacking in November challenge. Of course I joined because I was feeling great from my past week if workouts. So fingers crossed I can make it!!!

You’ve got this, gal 👊💕

I also need to be tougher on myself in November. Thinking of doing a dry month but I feel like that’s asking an awful lot of myself 😂

• BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. Pie season is upon us. Oh boy... I hope you all have a relaxing Sunday.

IslandGal... I made my mum a pumpkin pie & instead of crust, fried thinly sliced apples with butter, cinnamon & nutmeg... lined the bottom of the pan with them & decorated the top of the pie with the rest. Sounds unorthodox, but it tastes great.

I'm visiting her for another 2-days, so froze sliced pieces for her so I didn't over-dessert myself. :blush:

Happy Pie Season!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

You’ve got this, gal 👊💕

I also need to be tougher on myself in November. Thinking of doing a dry month but I feel like that’s asking an awful lot of myself 😂

The dry months always seem so hard. I bet you could do it. But it's so nice to have an adult beverage on the weekend. I figure workout challenges are much easier
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I usually do Dry January, but normally that's after a crazy December full of parties, so I'd be sick of drinking at that stage anyway. Doesn't look like there's going to be any parties this December though!
    I definitely cut down on my drinking since I rejoined MFP, I prefer to eat my calories. But I do make an exception for G&T, that's fairly low cal really. Might just go and make myself one now :D
  • nancymv72
    nancymv72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Let's do this. Feel free to add me. :)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,231 Member
    Options
    Great day for a paddle!

9oc07nztvuk4.jpg
    ctsekjmb10kp.jpg