BLACK TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 10

Options

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Shuntae - Think about it this way, you've lost a whole Hollywood celebrity!

HA! I hadn't thought about that!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Shuntae, You lost 96 pounds, how does someone miss something like that?:noway:

I guess I should have clarified...I wasn't at my heaviest when I started at my job a little over 2 years ago, but almost half of the loss has come very slowly since then. Plenty of people have noticed/commented, but the person who said it today is not someone I would have ever expected to comment.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I want to tell you what I did today. I started the couch to 3K program. Now before I say anything more I have to say I never was a runner. NEVER. I was a swimmer in school, no running involved there. Now my DH went to school on a track scholarship, running is in his blood. Not mine. But I figured I had to jump start the ol metabolism with something. Why running? Beats the heck out of me. Okay so let me say it wasn't pretty.:noway: I did fine for the first 2 jogging parts and then it was nope can't do it. Nope won't do it. Yeah I did it. Inhaler in hand. Will I do it again on Friday? You betcha I will.Why? I saw my DH run for the first time in years and he looked so happy. Yep, couch spud one and two will be running. It might take some time before I am willing to do it in front of people but I will complete the whole thing.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I want to tell you what I did today. I started the couch to 3K program. Now before I say anything more I have to say I never was a runner. NEVER. I was a swimmer in school, no running involved there. Now my DH went to school on a track scholarship, running is in his blood. Not mine. But I figured I had to jump start the ol metabolism with something. Why running? Beats the heck out of me. Okay so let me say it wasn't pretty.:noway: I did fine for the first 2 jogging parts and then it was nope can't do it. Nope won't do it. Yeah I did it. Inhaler in hand. Will I do it again on Friday? You betcha I will.Why? I saw my DH run for the first time in years and he looked so happy. Yep, couch spud one and two will be running. It might take some time before I am willing to do it in front of people but I will complete the whole thing.

They have a 3k or is it the 5k? 3.1 miles? It will get easier I promise. I went from run walking 1 mile to 5 what I did last night!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Tonight SUCKED!! I was going to workout when we got home from the store but ended up having to go to work. I worked until 10pm got home at 10:30pm and I way over ate today!!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

They have a 3k or is it the 5k? 3.1 miles? It will get easier I promise. I went from run walking 1 mile to 5 what I did last night!!

Okay I checked its couch to 5K running. I hope it gets better. I doubt if it can get any worse.:grumble: Last thing I grabbed before I left the house was the cell. And I did my cool down. It was wonderful because I was able to breathe again.:smile:

So goodnight Black Team!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    We went and got Harley's 6 month pictures taken today.

6months.jpg

The one thing I didn't eat up today...num num num...this girl is adorable....I want to eat her face!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

WTG, Bobbi! You must be in my head b/c as soon as it is warm out, I have elaborate plans to start running every morning before my hubby heads off to work. I have not a running bone in my body! I played tennis in high school & the team complained if the coach made us run 3 laps around the courts! :laugh: I'm thinking it'll help me get the last of the jiggly off. :bigsmile: That's great that your hubby is running with you, too. My husband would leave me in the dust...he's done it before, he'll do it again. There's a reason we only do in-living room exercises together. I'd lose him otherwise! :laugh:

Thanks again for your words of encouragment! It meant a lot. :smooched:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Tonight SUCKED!! I was going to workout when we got home from the store but ended up having to go to work. I worked until 10pm got home at 10:30pm and I way over ate today!!

Stupid work. :grumble: I'm sure that you'll abuse that treadmill double-time tonight!

Not sure I'm going to make it to that spinning class like we talked about. BOO! The dude wanted to sell me a membership on the spot before I took a class or got on a machine & HE'S the one I have to deal with every time I go in for the next 14 days. I think I'll just have to decide if I want the membership or not & then go from there. I'm so torn! EEK!

How's THAT for a ramble?! lol
  • 3babybeans
    Options

The one thing I didn't eat up today...num num num...this girl is adorable....I want to eat her face!

:laugh: I tell Micah that I'm going to eat his face all the time. His little dimple makes a perfect serving bowl. :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

:laugh: I tell Micah that I'm going to eat his face all the time. His little dimple makes a perfect serving bowl. :laugh:

:laugh: even funnier I tell madison that I'm going to eat up her Bum after a bath and she tells me "Mamma don't eat my butt!" in that cute little kid voice:laugh: :laugh:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I will be back to post later, but wanted to say I have been missing in action for a couple of days because I lost my motivation, but it is back and I will lose my weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am off to hit the pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I will be back to post later, but wanted to say I have been missing in action for a couple of days because I lost my motivation, but it is back and I will lose my weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am off to hit the pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:

You go, Amanda-- you're 1/3 of the way there.....hang in there, young lady!!!!!!
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options

I just have to say that I am so proud of you! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :smooched: I have looked at the couch to 5k running plan several times but have never actually started it. Every time I think that I'm going to start it I stop myself. That little voice in my head that says 'You're not a runner...' or 'Remember how out of breath you used to be when you would run...?' always chimes in and I stop before I start. Reading your post has made me realize that I can do this. I may start out slow, I may be panting and huffing and puffing more than the Big Bad Wolf, but I'm going to start (and finish!!) this program. So thanks for the motivation and inspiration! :flowerforyou: You're my hero!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    WOW!! What an inspirational thread today. You guys all kicked butt yesterday.. Where to start??

Sara - you are the only person I know who could go from "I'm so nervous about going to the gym tonight" to "and then they asked me if I wanted to be an instructor" - I'm guessing you won't be so nervous to go the next time - BTW, I love spin!! - WAY TO GO - I'm so proud..

Bobbi - couch to 5K - YOU GO GIRL!! I also can't even think about running without getting a shin splint. I was miserable on the treadmill yesterday at 2.8-3.0 mph on a 5% grade, 5 minutes in and my shins are screaming. I wonder if I am just made wrong..

Amanda - glad you are back, we missed you..

Shuntae - you are awesome, and you look fantastic.. 96 pounds is incredible!!

Marla - WAY TO EAT GIRL!!! Feels funny to even write that, but if this doesn't boost your metabolism.. way to stay with it and shake things up.

Jeannie - glad you could log in - we miss you when you are away - sorry about work - I find that work seriously screws up my timing as well. Still buying Powerball tickets..

Sam - sorry about work yesterday - that really $uck$ - today is another day, and if I know you, you will totally make up for it

Juliebeans - I'm with you, running scares the peeps out of me, in so many ways, but I am so inspired by this group that I am going to try..

So, here goes, I am going to look for the couch to 5K challenge and start. I'm hoping that if I can keep the grade low, and I warm up properly, I get stave off the shin splints..

Back to work now - off to swim tonight..

Great days all you lovelies..

janie
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody ... I'm so sorry that I don't have time to even read through this morning & I just posted this same thing on the Proud thread, too ... but I have a couple of quick prayer requests ... happy ones!

My older daughter is in her last year of nursing school and she has an interview at the hospital where she would like to ultimately work this morning at 10:00 for an extern position. She would be paid pretty well & get benefits if she gets this job, so please pray that if it's what God has for her that she will be calm and poised and do well in her interview.

My son-in-law is in his last year of culinary school and some people who own a bed & breakfast have asked him to come and teach a cooking class at their place, and tonight is his first night, so please pray that he will be relaxed and will be able to speak clearly ... he gets excited sometimes and his words don't want to come out! I know he will be great, but a spirit of peace & calm would be helpful.

More later ... :heart: :heart: :heart:

Tresa
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Just a quick note...

Tresa - I was a nurse extern while I was in nursing school & it is a GREAT job for someone that is at that point. I will pray that she gets the job! I got paid more doing that than when I got my engineering degree & was working as a designer. :grumble:
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Tresa - prayers going out for both... so exciting...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Whew, I missed a lot.......

Sarah, I think you would be an awesome instructor, you are so upbeat and positive. I am so impressed she noticed you after an hour class. WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!! :smile:

Andrew, Congratulations on being the biggest loser of the the week!!!! :laugh: Impressive results!!!

Tresa, sending prayers for both your daughter and son-in-law. That sounds like it would be awesome oppofrtunities for them. :flowerforyou:

Lynnie, you have worked so hard, lock that food up! You will regret it when it is gone. This is experience speaking.

Loree and Dave- Harley is ADORABLE!!!!! That picture is so cute!!

Sam, I am sorry you are having such a rough time at work and you are tired. I appreciate all you do as our leader. Hang in there!!! :flowerforyou:

Jeannie, hope you are doing well!

Marla, I hope your metabolism is in high gear and you are not sick. That was quite the day!

Shuntae, 96 POUNDS!!! YOU ROCK ALL THE WAY!! What an inspiration!!! You should be so proud!

Julie and Janiebeth, running scares me too! When I go running during my walk, I am sure I look very silly, the only thing that keeps me going is buring all those calories.

To all the rest of the black team, I hope you have a TERRIFIC day!!!!!
  • janiebeth
    Options
    My second "eureka" moment:

I was feeling pretty much like the Michelin man yesterday prior to weigh in and did find (despite my hard efforts to the contrary) that I had gained weight this week. As I was moping around, my DH said, "Maybe you drink too much coffee". So I did not make coffee yesterday and stuck to tea (sometimes with honey).

Oddly enough, I was not really tired at all - even my 2 pm slump - and started feeling less inflated..

This morning I reweighed.. I was down 1.4 lbs from yesterday!!!! HELLO - can I say "water weight"...

So, OK, since there was no blinding caffeine withdrawal headache (we have been drinking 50/50 decafe for years) and no slump. I am hereby (in the presence of all you witnesses) giving up my daily 2 mugs of coffee addiction!!

Let's see how the scale reacts now...

janie