November 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo I'm sure biking really helped you to no lose your fitness level. You are doing great!

@hamsterwheel6 Glad you are back. Great job on meeting your Oct goal. It was 28F here this morning! I'm not ready for that either. It's supposed to get back up in the 70's by Saturday. No wonder we all get sinus infections this time of year.

Yes! It’s too soon for this mess lol. Thank goodness we have our dreadmills, ha! Did I read your surgery was postponed? I think I did. Sorry about that. Has to be nerve wracking getting all psyched and ready to go through it and then have to wait. Glad you are able to run though!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    Hahaha @skippygirlsmom !

I totally understand the struggle @martaindale ...hence the yoyo part of my name. It sounds like you are doing great.

@shanaber Glad you are getting some cooler temperatures. Hope the glute stops giving you issues.
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    @polskagirl01 I'm sure that workout was good for you. I reminds me of the story where the man gets a job for 1 cent for the first day, but it doubles every day. By day 30 he has made $5,368,709.12. I can imagine that pace got fast pretty quickly. :lol:

Yes @hamsterwheel6 . It got postponed - after I did all of the pre-op stuff, including a CoVID test. I am negative, but have to quarantine until we know for sure that I won't be able to have the surgery within the 2 week timeframe that the bloodwork is good. They will make the decision on a week by week basis, so it is nerve wracking. Being able to continue to run does help.

Ugh. Sorry. But now you get to run, silver lining, lol
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    @shanaber those fun runs aren’t really all that fun lol are they. Those pushes and sprints! Kidding aside yes I do enjoy them. Who is your favorite instructor so far? Mine is Matty M he cracks me up. His Halloween tread run Is hysterical. Of course I like Becs, Andy, Robin, Matt, Olivia lol. They all have their own ways.
    Be careful with glutes and as they love to say on Peloton, you do you.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    You guys are all so awesome. Thanks so much for the support and understanding. I’m feeling better about my efforts and am looking forward to my next event. Also curious as to what my coach will say when we debrief on Friday.

About to head out for a 30 minute run soon to see how the body feels.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary - I’m glad you’re feeling better. You should be really proud of smashing your PR, and knowing that next time you could do even better with just a few tactic tweaks! Amazing job, I’m in awe of that time!

@martaindale - I can really relate to lots of what you said. Seems like you’re doing pretty well though and are slowly getting to a place of balance. Hope I can follow you there!

I kicked off my month this morning with 4 miles on the treadmill. Was hoping for 5 miles outside but there was a gale our first thing this morning.

November total: 4m
    November goal: 60m

2/11: 4m

Jan- Oct: 666.8m
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 I'm sure that workout was good for you. I reminds me of the story where the man gets a job for 1 cent for the first day, but it doubles every day. By day 30 he has made $5,368,709.12. I can imagine that pace got fast pretty quickly. :lol:
    I've done those paces for intervals, so thought I could surely hold it for a minute if I knew I'd then be slowing down... but the problem was, .2 kph isn't much of a difference, and it was going to be almost as fast for several minutes before and after that 1 minute. Haha.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    Did the bare minimum 5 miles this morning. Colder that I like (46F), but with long sleeves, gloves, and tights it wasn't TOO bad. Light wind was the saving grace.

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Another amazing weekend. The pictures are beautiful! Glad you stayed there this time. It sounds heavenly.

Welcome @aundrealuczak1991 . Maybe the typo was trying to tell you something. :lol:

@polskagirl01 I see what you mean. It is different running those paces for 1 minute vs 10 or so.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    11/3 – 5.03 miles

5.03 of 120 miles

It was a brisk 28F when I went out this morning but it was a beautiful, clear morning. The horizon was a pretty pink, orange and blue and it was so pretty seeing the sun come up while seeing the moon still up high in the sky. Schools are closed here for 2 weeks for deep cleaning so I only saw birds, cows and a couple of horses until my last mile when a neighbor passed in his truck. He has four small children so I stopped him to ask if I could give them my leftover Halloween candy and he said that would be great. So thank goodness I can get that out of the house! We usually have over 100 trick-or-treaters but only 28 this year.

@ContraryMaryMary – You rocked that half marathon! Congrats on your PB – I love your dedication and determination!

@hamsterwheel6 – Good to see you and I’m in awe that you could stay on a treadmill for 8 miles!

@shanaber – I used the free Peloton app earlier this year but my trial period elapsed. Can you get another even if you did it earlier?

@katharmonic – What a fabulous and well-deserved weekend you had! Gorgeous views from the summit!

You’re daughter is so cute @martaindale!

Welcome @aundrealuczak1991! I like your reasoning!