WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2020

Replies

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Fae - you are so right - I struggle with the victim mentality and have to be on guard against it. I'm giving others control when I succumb.
    Sophierosie...thanks for the welcome. My dogs are the same way, so confused!
    Snowflake - love the pics. Halloween was a much needed festivity for children and adults around me. Everyone had such a great time at our house, enjoying the reprieve from all of the serious news. Caution was used at all times.
    margaretturk - I'm so glad you are here. I'm not certain how to respond to your losses but I couldn't help but feel a sharp pain when I saw you had lost your precious son, in addition to other loved ones. Blessings to you.

On another note: the community posts are so helpful. I saw someone say they had an apple for breakfast and I said to myself "what??????" Just an apple? Then I thought back to a younger time when I had no weight issues and I had an apple for breakfast. I have actually been building my breakfast to 400 calories, thinking I would eat less during the day but it has had the opposite affect on me. I'm definitely having 'Scarcity" Issues and I'm going to work on finding out what my body needs(not what my mind or emotions want) this month.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    R
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    363days wrote: »
    Fae - you are so right - I struggle with the victim mentality and have to be on guard against it. I'm giving others control when I succumb.
    Snowflake - love the pics. Halloween was a much needed festivity for children and adults around me. Everyone had such a great time at our house, enjoying the reprieve from all of the serious news. Caution was used at all times.
    margaretturk - I'm so glad you are here. I'm not certain how to respond to your losses but I couldn't help but feel a sharp pain when I saw you had lost your precious son, in addition to other loved ones. Blessings to you.

On another note: the community posts are so helpful. I saw someone say they had an apple for breakfast and I said to myself "what??????" Just an apple? Then I thought back to a younger time when I had no weight issues and I had an apple for breakfast. I have actually been building my breakfast to 400 calories, thinking I would eat less during the day but it has had the opposite affect on me. I'm definitely having 'Scarcity" Issues and I'm going to work on finding out what my body needs(not what my mind or emotions want) this month.

Although I know that it is frequently suggested that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I find that eating breakfast flips a "hungry" switch on and despite the fact that I will have had a good breakfast, I'm ravenous all day. But if I don't eat breakfast, I am much less hungry.

So my usual breakfast is a cup of black coffee and a glass of water.

I stop eating by about 10 pm and don't eat again until about noon ... and that's quite comfortable for me.

Machka in Oz
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited November 2020
    M in Oz Teva Sandals When I discovered Teva Tirra walking sandals 5 years ago, I haven't worn anything else. The arch support is amazing for my high arched feet and they stay on securely. I do all my walking in them. So far I have only worn down one pair. I have four pairs left. My favorites are the blue/gray called The Bering Sea. They are perfect with jeans. I use my black with gray and purple for dressier occasions. The most worn for walking are the Plum Truffle because I have two pair. I got them on a 2 for 1 price deal. There are about 8 more colors I want, but don't need them. The Taupe Vineyard Wine color really calls out to me, but so far I am turning a deaf ear. They are so easy to hose off or even put in the washer.

KJ Yes, seeing kids notice and take interest in nature still gives me hope that technology and indoor living won't rule their lives as they get older. It is such an important part of their learning. I remember one-year volunteering to oversee preschool and elementary school kids plant trees and I had them all digging holes a foot deep and a foot around. They each got to pick a tree that they wanted to plant. They were all small trees donated by a nursery.

I saw Javier standing in his hole, so I went to check on him and inquired why he was at three-foot deep and still digging. He said because he was planting a Japanese Pear and it was important that the roots would grow to Japan. I spoke to the principal about reconsidering Javier and removing his status as a slow learner. This was 20 years ago and just last year I got a message from him on my Facebook and once I overcame the shock that he even remembered me, I started crying happy tears. He had just been offered a job as an arborist at a large orchard in Washington State and able to live on his own. He said that day made him realized his purpose in life.

Confession I was up at 2 AM with a headache so I skipped my workout. I did do some Fae She and a few sashays, but that was it. Headache is gone now and I will add a couple of extra miles walking today as penance.

Fae

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    Had a wonderful time! Really sunny and warm.

4h5w2zu9wkc4.jpg

Sorry about the screwed up eyes! B)

We walked back along the seafront. Six people swimming :o One person paddleboarding! Lots of strollers and people eating outside before it all closes tomorrow. So sad.

Zooming my girlfriends later. Then a VERY light dinner.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

BEAUTIFUL pic
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Had Zoom knit-n-natter session met couple of nice ladies, 2 hrs passed really quickly.

Lovely Pic Heather

Kate UK ❤️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Heather- you look fantastic.. and sounds like you had a good time..
    I took a melatonin to late ,early this morning so was groggy ..but i got up and dressed and had tea and went and got Homer..
    He is happily snoring away..
    Have to pack my bag for the rest of the week
    And dry goods for up there..
    Just watching the pioneer woman. On Food Network
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rita- So many people are locked down that chatting here is an important connection for many of us. Speaking for myself, you don't have to keep up when you are busy. I'll be happy to see your posts when you're able to find time. :heart:

Thank you ladies! You’re the best!

My problem has been getting up too late. Not sleeping well lately. Dreams, snoring, congested all keeping me up at night. Colitis attacks too.

RvRita
  • kevrit
    Barbara definitely no longer cold! Air conditioner running today! High of 88! Lol

RvRita
  • kevrit
    gift giving I really need to get it in my head that giving is not about how much I spent but what I’m giving. In the past when I had money, I gave a lot by a minimum amount of money spent and something specific to the person. Now with limited income, I really need to forget the money part and focus on the receiver. Bad habits from past life influences.

Probably part of why I dislike holidays and get depressed.

RvRita
  • kevrit
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Machka:
    Your image was absolutely perfect for me this morning, thank you! Just deleted my Twitter account and my Instagram account. Already deleted Facebook. Cancelled my eponymous website hosting (and got a nice refund back for the remainder, which was cool.) Each one takes a weight off me, so I'm saying "No" to a whole lot of "shoulds" for "No"vember - things like "I should check on this, I should check on that, I should post something, I should read something else, I should respond, I should..." well, fill in the blank. Each of those shoulds is a tiny energy drain, but combined, they add up to a big one. On the flip side, this place, this monthly thread, lights me up, and has provided friendships I will cherish my entire life.

Little by little, the shoulds will be evicted like the little barnacles they are...
    :wink:

xdaohu4b4bgi.png

I really needed this today!

RvRita
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    363days wrote: »

Although I know that it is frequently suggested that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I find that eating breakfast flips a "hungry" switch on and despite the fact that I will have had a good breakfast, I'm ravenous all day. But if I don't eat breakfast, I am much less hungry.

So my usual breakfast is a cup of black coffee and a glass of water.

I stop eating by about 10 pm and don't eat again until about noon ... and that's quite comfortable for me.

Machka in Oz

I am the same way- I "break the fast" and I am so hungry all day. If I have a bowl of oatmeal, I am feeling like I am starving a half hour later. Then I want to just eat all day long. Usually pretty healthy but just too much of it.
    If I just stick to my tea(flavored teas really help) in the morning and wait until noon to start eating(or later) I am not hungry as long as I stay busy. I eat more because I want something to do/bored I guess. My best days tend to be Saturdays because we go out grocery shopping and are so busy that many times I don't eat at all until 3 and then have a small snack to hold me over to til dinner.
    On mornings where I get up early, it is harder to hold off eating. I need to find things to keep me busy but am lazy ;)
    Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    I'm not talking to myself
    I'm just thinking out loud
    It's acceptable now you see
    With cell phones and such

Hidden memories buried
    In the recesses of my mind
    Exhumed without warrant
    Spout forth intense as a geyser

Vocalized without rhyme or reason
    Baffling listeners ears myself included
    Forgotten events now carved in stone
    Bleached bones now flesh-covered

Pay me no mind or mental concern
    The cobwebs of my mind carefully woven
    Appear as tangled encoded twisted nonsense
    Crystal clearly defined in the eye of my mind

So as I babble on with laughter laced tears
    Straight talk requiring no white binding jacket
    Dismiss the crowd, I'm just thinking out loud
    Advanced year's discourse; not talking to myself

Fae thinking out loud near the Lewis and Clark Trail
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Pip

Loved the photo of Yogi sitting by Kirby as they watched tv and the microwave.

Carol in GA