Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,327 Member
    Good afternoon,

Aunt who was in hospital with COVID is being sent home after only 2 days? Maybe they are so full that only severe cases stay?? I live to far away for any additional info.

Lynn its not just you I miss logging in the am as well. Yes I did just roll my eyes.

Shrimp is very versatile, dont forget a cold shrimp cocktail.....

Not as many steps in as usual but I found the chocolate. So maybe more walking later.

Sara
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Windy day in NYC today. I hope all stays well as voting comes to an end in the USA - peaceful vibes people... peaceful vibes.
    I was able to stay under calories but would love to start making time for real, purposeful workouts.

Sorry about your Aunt @Tilliesmommy1 I work at a hospital and we were actually being told to make sure patients were going home. I think they believe they are safer there.

Tomorrow is a new day, let’s make good decisions
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    gzoboniowgme.jpeg
    *** November 4th ***

Hello All~~

Just getting us started here. Barely getting myself started.

Where is Antonio with that pot of half-caf? I need some ambition in a cup.

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning!
    A balmy high 60 degree day here in WI. LOVE it! Next week in the 40's again. I have lots of ambition - just not for work which is where I am at. LOL.
    Melichalupa - agreed about peaceful vibes.
    Sara - waves, hope your morning is going well.
    Have a great Wednesday!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Last day of above normal temps and I can wear my heavier socks starting tomorrow. Also means hemming my new pair of pants, but it must be done.

Its sad I have already hit my bs tolerance at work and its only Wednesday - what does a girl do?? I got 6k in steps today as well.

Wishing all a good night.
  • activemom31
    activemom31 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi.. good morning. Need motivation to lose 15lbs.
  • LanaCabana537
    dksv8fkken64.jpeg
    *** November 5th ***

Good morning!

Sara - The Boys are looking for something to help with the bs tolerance.... You've been doing great with your steps!

Lynn - Enjoy those nice temps 😁

Waving to Melichalupa and BordeauxBee and Dawn and Tracy and Kathryn and Runa and Missy and Maureen and everyone else who swings by today 👋🏻

Lana

263.4 today
    266.5 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Hey y’all!!

Well, the move took about 6 days with the help of people as they had availability. It was rainy and depressing, but it got done. I over did my knee, shoulder, wrist and still have bruises in places I can’t explain. Homeless until another apartment becomes available.

I have not been exercising or eating right much at all. A whole lot of emotional eating and binging going on 😢

I hope everyone is having better days and getting ready for the big food holidays coming up. Time to strategize!

Runa 🌸 in Tulsa, OK

HW: 359.7 lbs.
    CW: 298.8 lbs.
    Current GW: 295 lbs.
    Ultimate GW: 160 lbs.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Got 6k steps in today. Very glad tomorrow is Friday and I am considering wearing my "roll the b!tch away" aroma therapy at work again.

Load of laundry as my jeans are just too tight for work (and breathing) so I wait for it finish to call it a night.

Runa - hope you are in a safe place.

Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    tq8zvfrty7da.jpeg
    *** November 6th ***

Good morning all~~

Big hugs to you Runa--I don't even know what to say--did you move your things into storage? I so hope that something becomes available for you soon! Be careful of your knee--everything else depends on it.

Sara - hugs to you too for having to go to work every day with the bad environment, to put it mildly.

I am having some very strange vertigo. It began in the middle of the night. No other symptoms.

BBL

Lana

263.4 today
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning
    Hugs go out to all three of you - Sara, Runa and Lana. I hope all of you have better days ahead!
    Sara - LOVE the name of the of the aroma therapy!
    Lana - HATE vertigo. Hopefully it goes away soon. Massage the areas from behind your ears to your throat. The drainage tubes from your ears are in there. Maybe they just need to drain a bit?
    Runa - I too hope you are safe.
    Friday and 71 here. Wow!
    Have the best day you are able!
    Lynn
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Happy Friday!
    I am taking the weekend off of MFP. It is my birthday tomorrow and I think that I would like to just be in a mindful place for the weekend. It’s my own New Year.
    What are my goals? How far have I come?
    Lots to think about.
    Wishing everyone a lovely weekend with purposeful good decisions.
    Positivity for you all.
  • LanaCabana537
    5v876chzadv5.jpeg

Melichalupa - Have a great day tomorrow!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Lynn - Thank you for the tip-- I did not know this!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

I will hit 7k before bedtime which is nice. Counter balances some of the extra calories (cough,cough).

Snowing and raining in the CA mountains brings me great joy. Relief for some of these fires.

Lynn - Lana posted the aroma therapy it is from a company in SF and works very well. Keeps the urge to strangle someone verbally at a minimum.

I work tomorrow and I may be able to work day after Thanksgiving (so less time off used and more $$ to throw at my credit card.

Speaking of which - amazon shopping cart time.

• LanaCabana537
    edited November 2020
    87m9dtm60z5g.jpeg
    *** November 7th ***

Good morning everyone~~

The vertigo is still here. Yesterday it improved as the day wore on. I do lay down in bed for many hours before I actually go to sleep, but it didn't come back until the middle of the night. How strange.
    The last time I had this, it did resolve on its own after a few days.....hope it does that again.

I must try to get going walking again in spite of it. I'm getting no exercise, and I need to counteract the comfort-food consumption.

Sara - have a good day at work!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    good afternoon,

Lana I hope your vertigo goes away, I am hearing a lot of people are "coming down" with it. Must be because we can communicate faster by social media - not like its a virus etc.

My shopping list is done for the weekend. I now can wear my wrist watch again, have chicken for salads and warm sweat pants - it had RAINED overnight and I went out to my car and was very pleasantly surprised - November usually is our last month for fire hazards so this is a great relief.

Just got done working - hit my boss' production standard - that coughing sound is me gagging in sarcasm.

• LanaCabana537
    edited November 2020
    ngl4h7ogo4eq.jpeg
    *** November 8th ***

Happy Sunday everyone~~

Hey Sara - How is your aunt doing? (you posted recently that she had covid, but they sent her home from the hospital so early)

I think I might go on a diet this week! (OMG)

Lana

264.2 today
    266.5 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Slept in so it will be a shorter day.....

Lana, as far as I know my Aunt is doing okay. I am in contact with her eldest son and will send cards.

DIET is a four letter word. You know better. You might improve your health. Keep walking and that is a great start.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537

Sara - I could use a shake-up. That's why I said "go on a diet".
    For many months now, I have not been following any eating plan. The only thing I've been doing is journalling my food, without counting calories or points or anything. It is time for me to get back into it.
    I did manage to cook two of my meals from scratch/fresh today - that helps to keep the sodium down.

....then I finished the ice cream.....

Tomorrow is another day!

Lana