Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Guys/girls: how do you politely indicate you don’t want to message anymore without coming right out and saying it?
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »
    Guys/girls: how do you politely indicate you don’t want to message anymore without coming right out and saying it?

Wait, you have to politely indicate? I just leave it on read 😬

This 😆 🤷‍♀️
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member

Block
  • Yoshiboobs wrote: »

Block

OOF
  • CacoEther

No i’m just trying to break down the code people use!

Like @_sw33tp3a_11 said she uses a standard “have a nice day” in her messages, and if i get a message that says have a nice day, i’m like oh 😬 they don’t wanna talk anymore
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member

Like @_sw33tp3a_11 said she uses a standard “have a nice day” in her messages, and if i get a message that says have a nice day, i’m like oh 😬 they don’t wanna talk anymore

I think short messages just enough to respond to whats said is an indicator....but then again I do that all day because I'm busy at work.
  • CacoEther wrote: »

I think short messages just enough to respond to whats said is an indicator....but then again I do that all day because I'm busy at work.

Ok
  • PlentyofProtein00

Ok

😂, you must be at work
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

I don't really see it this way and it's not really ever that I don't want to chat...

It's just that life, the universe, nature, whatever pulls us apart and maybe back together again at some point in the distant or near future 🤷🏽‍♂️...

I take no offense and mean no harm, and usually assume the other way... ✌🏼
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    Guys/girls: what keeps you from sliding into someone’s DMs when you’d otherwise want to talk to them?

Back when we could still DM without the FR rigamarole I would message super tall men for clothing recommendations because the SO is super tall and shopping options are nil here. Retail Research.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Guys,

Do you like it when your girl calls you baby?
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Guys,

Eeewww
  • Guys,

Indifferent to it. Any pet name can get old if overused though
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Women: if a man messages you, what is your reaction? Be real

"Who dis?"
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited November 2020

I'd come right out and say it, personally. I'd appreciate the same. [Spock voice...] Is this not how communication and boundaries among humans work?
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    Ladies

It’s okay to send creepy, inappropriate messages to other ladies, right? 😬

I mean, too late now 😏
  • CacoEther
    Guys,

Mine does but he'll never admit it

You two are the cutest
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Guys,

She can I don't mind...

But I would feel like I might as well ask her about her fitness goals if I called her Baby or Babe...

I prefer just Jes... It's way hotter than Babe 😏😂
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Going back a couple of pages to the questions about messages/comments being misconstrued...

Most of my "interractions" are online. I have little use or patience for people IRL. I've perceived more and more momentum behind that idea that any comments about another person not explicitly asked for are unwelcomed and could border on shaming, harrassment, etc.

Is my perception off in that sense, or do other people have similar impressions/feelings? If so, do you feel this is now the social norm, or is it just a small portion of people making a lot of noise?

To be clear, I am aware of the difference between commenting, "you look great" and "nice tits"... I'm not *that* oblivious.