Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Guys/girls: what keeps you from sliding into someone’s DMs when you’d otherwise want to talk to them?

The assumption that either the message or the reason for the message would be misinterpreted.

This seems to be a common theme among guys.
    Pretty even on both fronts imo

Even meaning that women are afraid of being misinterpreted as well?
  • CacoEther wrote: »
    Guys/girls: what keeps you from sliding into someone’s DMs when you’d otherwise want to talk to them?

The assumption that either the message or the reason for the message would be misinterpreted.

This seems to be a common theme among guys.
    Pretty even on both fronts imo

Even meaning that women are afraid of being misinterpreted as well?
    Sure, I think nowadays with Messaging people can’t get an accurate read on how things are meant to come across. Easy to misinterpret
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,578 Member

I can agree with this... At one point or another anyhow, it may happen...

I just don't feel like having to navigate through the red flags sometimes and often don't lol...

I just be me and if people want to assume things then I'm okay with that and at peace with it...

But I guess I'm not so worried about the assumption as much as I just don't because I'm not compelled to 🤷🏽‍♂️...
  • eatpolerepeat
    eatpolerepeat Posts: 27,166 Member
    Women: if a man messages you, what is your reaction? Be real

Depends what they're saying in the message. If they ask my fitness goals, they get an instant eye roll
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,021 Member

Depends on the tone, if they're funny, and whats said.

Advice i always appreciate or i enjoy talking about ways for improving.

If its a random hey beautiful or what's up....im assuming 1. They looking for some recipes and 2. 20 other women also received same DM

• eatpolerepeat

If its a random hey beautiful or what's up....im assuming 1. They looking for some recipes and 2. 20 other women also received same DM

I feel so special when I get a copy and paste message
  • PlentyofProtein00

"So, tell me about yourself"
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member

I only get messages from new adds and that doesn't happen often so when they do they always say "thanks for the add blah blah blah" I usually reply with a " You're most welcome. Have a nice day" most of the time I never hear from them again lol so messages on here don't really bother me cause I rarely get them. There has been a time or two where the conversation kept going and then realized that person was super cool and now they are stuck with me 🤷‍♀️
  • CacoEther

I only get messages from new adds and that doesn't happen often so when they do they always say "thanks for the add blah blah blah" I usually reply with a " You're most welcome. Have a nice day" most of the time I never hear from them again lol so messages on here don't really bother me cause I rarely get them. There has been a time or two where the conversation kept going and then realized that person was super cool and now they are stuck with me 🤷‍♀️

Oh this reminds me of another question
  • eatpolerepeat

"So, tell me about yourself"

Or "tell me about your username" yea, I boo booed with this one
  • CacoEther
    Guys/girls: how do you politely indicate you don’t want to message anymore without coming right out and saying it?
  • eatpolerepeat
    Guys/girls: how do you politely indicate you don’t want to message anymore without coming right out and saying it?

Wait, you have to politely indicate? I just leave it on read 😬
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member

This 😆 🤷‍♀️
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member

Block
  • Yoshiboobs wrote: »

Block

OOF
  • CacoEther

No i’m just trying to break down the code people use!

Like @_sw33tp3a_11 said she uses a standard “have a nice day” in her messages, and if i get a message that says have a nice day, i’m like oh 😬 they don’t wanna talk anymore
  • PlentyofProtein00

Like @_sw33tp3a_11 said she uses a standard “have a nice day” in her messages, and if i get a message that says have a nice day, i’m like oh 😬 they don’t wanna talk anymore

I think short messages just enough to respond to whats said is an indicator....but then again I do that all day because I'm busy at work.
  • CacoEther wrote: »

I think short messages just enough to respond to whats said is an indicator....but then again I do that all day because I'm busy at work.

Ok
  • PlentyofProtein00

Ok

😂, you must be at work
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,578 Member

I don't really see it this way and it's not really ever that I don't want to chat...

It's just that life, the universe, nature, whatever pulls us apart and maybe back together again at some point in the distant or near future 🤷🏽‍♂️...

I take no offense and mean no harm, and usually assume the other way... ✌🏼