Less Alcohol - NOVEMBER 2020 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Success at home on Tuesday with DH being AF along with me. 2nd time for him. YAY I say.

My goal today is to not bring any attention to it. Maybe Thurs morning I will ask him if we're doing AF again today. I would love to see him get to 2 AF days this week, but need to keep my mouth shut for now. So hard!

@Lilylady3k, I appreciate your inspirational post about not giving up! For me this will be a forever thing, along with exercise, nutrition, sleep, stress management. Part of normal "maintenance" we all need to stay happy and healthy.

@MissMay just sharing one opinion here, and I am totally cool with how you want to proceed, but I would say that putting too much information upfront may turn off the "borderline" people needing help. I'm talking about all the functional people out there in denial. Proper marketing is needed for them and I wish I knew the best answer.

It would be nice if the system would have a place for reference docs that people could be directed to...

Also thinking that we here have pretty much stuck through this and have had successes if we look at it from a trend perspective....but it's because we have things in common, similar age ranges, female, etc. Long term it would be really nice to have a separate group for men or maybe even younger folks in 20s and 30s. Perhaps those could be the demographics needing the most help?
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    I definitely treat this as a challenge, and I like long streaks of straight sobriety. I need the support less and less, though...I am getting more goal focused and it helps...

I can definitely attest to what @globalhiker said, maybe a group for the younger people. I'm only in my early forties with younger children and I stick around because this is it, there isn't another group to go to, but I don't always feel so welcome. I'm not in the sixties something or older age trying to down it from three drinks a day to two. I do like long streaks of sobriety, as all of our less goals should be respected. My goals are very different. People my age post once or twice here, rarely more, and then drop off the face of the earth around here and I can completely understand why! So yes, @globalhiker has a very valid, logical point or suggestion!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    @loveychar that saddens me that you don't always feel welcome. πŸ˜”
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: Β»
    @loveychar that saddens me that you don't always feel welcome. πŸ˜”

@MissMay You're a great leader, truly. I have always felt that and let it be known, too. What I feel has absolutely nothing to do with you.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Awe......
    "It is whom we do not see that we may have the greatest and most lasting impact on. No matter age or gender."
    Quoted by MissMay