What Did You Win at Today?

Options

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,560 Member
    Options
    JessBbody wrote: »
    I did a stronglifts workout. Significantly deloaded, but gotta restart somewhere!

Congratulations!

Finally, after hours of doing kitten-all all day, I just completed day one of the Heather Robertson 12 week workout program.

There was jumping involved, and at one point I got so out of breath I had to pause the video.

But, 30 minutes of cardio done.

Thank you @KickassAmazon76. Your weight room got me moving.

Yay, I had a couple wins today! I'm glad I could help! ❤️

Great job kicking *kitten* 😁
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    @Vikka_V wrote: »
    I've had a bad couple of days, but today I hulk smashed my anxiety in the face (mostly, I still had twinges)
    Im considering it a win

HOW
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    By sharing the words of my boys Jocko and Goggins 👍
    https://youtu.be/4MRseYz16Gs
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »

There is a lot of stuff in here that really resonates with me. There are some things that don't work for me, but what's great about having a brain is being able to discern what is applicable to me.

I am not training for the military, or a race, or a competition winning body... So sacrificing to the extent it implies is necessary is not for me. But I recognize I DO make excuses. I AM often lazy and choose not to workout when I have the time. I AM often weak minded when I choose to eat crap food instead of taking the time to eat well.

At the same breath... I will still also choose to sit on my butt for hours playing Minecraft with my kids, because it's more than just a game... It's time spent talking, laughing, joking, and creating.

Balance. It's all about finding that right balance. ❤️

Thank you for sharing this. It is a bit of a wake up call.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options

There is a lot of stuff in here that really resonates with me. There are some things that don't work for me, but what's great about having a brain is being able to discern what is applicable to me.

I am not training for the military, or a race, or a competition winning body... So sacrificing to the extent it implies is necessary is not for me. But I recognize I DO make excuses. I AM often lazy and choose not to workout when I have the time. I AM often weak minded when I choose to eat crap food instead of taking the time to eat well.

At the same breath... I will still also choose to sit on my butt for hours playing Minecraft with my kids, because it's more than just a game... It's time spent talking, laughing, joking, and creating.

Balance. It's all about finding that right balance. ❤️

Thank you for sharing this. It is a bit of a wake up call.

The point is, being the best you. Doing what it takes to be that. It has nothing to do with races or military if thats not your goal, its about finding the tools to achieve or attempt any goal. Playing games with your kids is necessary, tume with family is necessary. Balance comes from not wasting the time when whats necessary isnt so apparent. Having down time is fine too.....its not about rah rah yelling and screaming motivation, that crap is irritating and not sustainable. Its about getting up everyday and grinding out the best you. The best mom, dad, worker, wife, husband, lover, friend.....whatever suits you. Working out and pushing through some misery is not necessarily about working out, its about training yourself to handle your business even when you arent feeling up to it.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    @Revolu7 "its about training yourself to handle your business even when you arent feeling up to it"

Boom. That's the ticket.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    I've had my coffee. Put in an online grocery order and changed the cat litter, and I'm not even wearing pants yet! Lol

Watch out today, I'm coming for you! 😂
  • tmantwo
    tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I've had my coffee. Put in an online grocery order and changed the cat litter, and I'm not even wearing pants yet! Lol

Women in long tees that cover up their naughty parts but short enough that the very bottom of their bottom-biscuits peak out. 🤤
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,421 Member
    Options
    tmantwo wrote: »

Women in long tees that cover up their naughty parts but short enough that the very bottom of their bottom-biscuits peak out. 🤤

9lsc590qzsrs.jpg

Minus the baby.. Haha.

And hopefully minus the rodent in the pocket... 😂
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    2 hours in and I haven’t lost my *kitten* on any co-workers yet. That’s a win for everyone.

Don't give up.

They day is early and you still have time to be a complete *kitten*.

Just apply yourself and let the anger flow.....

Have a good afternoon !
  • Motorsheen
    Options

well..... some of those adjectives were appropriate.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    2 hours in and I haven’t lost my *kitten* on any co-workers yet. That’s a win for everyone.

Don't give up.

Have a good afternoon !

No meltdowns yesterday, none today. It’s really shaping up to be a completely mature week!

Have a great day, my dude.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    - I went to the dentist and had my fillings replaced with minimal discomfort (worst bit was the shot for anesthesia). Didn't have a breakdown when I had to pay the bill (600 bucks :disappointed: ).
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Don't give up.

Have a good afternoon !

No meltdowns yesterday, none today. It’s really shaping up to be a completely mature week!

Thank you sir!

No meltdowns yesterday or today ?

That's good.

.... let it build

Tomorrow's meltdown should be epic !!

Also, I used to become agitated with one specific co-worker.

That is, until I called him out, face to face, about his incompetence. It was the best thing I ever did in regards to employee relations. He knows that I'm right (really, if you're a poser, you know it ) and since then, we don't communicate. I now have occupational inner-peace.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options

Don't give up.

Have a good afternoon !

Thank you sir!

No meltdowns yesterday or today ?

That's good.

.... let it build

Tomorrow's meltdown should be epic !!

Also, I used to become agitated with one specific co-worker.

That is, until I called him out, face to face, about his incompetence. It was the best thing I ever did in regards to employee relations. He knows that I'm right (really, if you're a poser, you know it ) and since then, we don't communicate. I now have occupational inner-peace.

This is an entertaining mental picture

Especially since in my mind you work at home 😏