30 Day Shred Group- September

Options

Replies

• Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    L1D8 done. Man I still REALLY struggle with the anterior raises. I usually use 5 or 8lb dumbbells for everything, but with those I use 2 cans of pork 'n' beans. hehe! I must be lacking some critical muscle that I need for that movement. Today I tried to do half with the 5lbs and whoa I was hurting!

@KatiaR: I actually am not even able to kick my *kitten* during butt-kicks on either side! I couldn't believe it, figured my rear was sticking out enough that it wouldn't be a problem. hehe!

Two more days ladies and then to Level 2!!! WooHoo!
  • ShannaKayB
    ShannaKayB Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Completed L1D7 last night. I am now able to do regular push-ups all the way through. The only thing I'm still struggling with are the anterior raises like many of the rest of you. I can do the first set with 5 lb weights now but the second set I have to use a jar of peanut butter and a jar of miracle whip. Lol. Ready to be done with level 1 but getting nervous about level 2 for sure.
  • MoDear
    MoDear Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    L1D6 completed yesterday. I have 2 to make up from this weekend. I think I'll do an extra one tonight. I am already finding myself stronger especially when doing the push-ups! I can do 7 regular and then I have to do the modified ones.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    L1D8 done! Felt a lot of energy today. Surprising because I did my own leg and shoulder workout at the gym before Shredding. Two more days and onto Level 2 - my FAV!!!

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    L1D8 done! Felt a lot of energy today. Surprising because I did my own leg and shoulder workout at the gym before Shredding. Two more days and onto Level 2 - my FAV!!!

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:

I wonder if there's something to that? Yesterday I did day one of C25K before the 30DS and I felt really good on it. Today is rest day for C25K and I was back to feeling sure I would collapse on the 30DS! :laugh:
  • shannonevan
    shannonevan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Day 2 complete!!

I'll see you tonight for Day 3 Jillian!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Finished day 7 last night...getting comfortable with the exercises...but still sweating up a storm!! I actually went out and got 3 lb weights for the raises...so much easier than trying it with my 5 lbs. I definitely think it's working different muscles because I can do the other exercises with 5 or 8 lbs. Looking forward to level 2 (NOT!!) lol
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Day 8, level 1 complete. Any advice re 'are we supposed to go up' on day 11? Just feel as if I am concentrating on the right muscles now but don't want to stay here if that not the plan as I really want to get the best from this as possible.
  • Amandalovesfood89
    Options
    Day 9 Level 1 complete......Got through Circuit 3 of Cardio without stopping!
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Day 8, level 1 complete. Any advice re 'are we supposed to go up' on day 11? Just feel as if I am concentrating on the right muscles now but don't want to stay here if that not the plan as I really want to get the best from this as possible.

My plan was to begin level 2 on day 11....
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    L1D4 complete! It's not getting easier but I hang in there!
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    W1D5 done.
  • rotashawarren
    Options
    i'm game, 2 weeks ago i actually started her ripped in 30 and man was it intense. I switched to her 30 day shred and noticed that some of the exercises are similar just not as intense. either way i am loving it so far! I eneded up not doing it for a week since i was dealing with family problems but i jumped back on on monday and honestly i can tell there is a difference. Also I have started adding more protein into my diet, cutting down on my sugar,carb and sodium intake. Special K shakes are amazing!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    whew!! day 8 complete!! almost ready for level 2
  • kathunni
    Options
    Hi people, I have been doing mfp for 2 months now and im loving it! I am currently on day 10 level 1 of the shred and am looking for some more support, please add me as a friend if you are looking for more support too :)
  • owls4eva
    owls4eva Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Has anyone got weighed since they started? I've done 7 days of the shred and did my weekly weigh in this morning and the scale says i've lost 4lbs! Thinking there is something wrong with my scale lol
  • asyouseefit
    Options
    I've lost a few pounds since I began but I think it's the result of the healthy eating combined with exercise. So not only 30DS!

But I'm staring to see some definition in my arms (the crannies!) and my abs! It's a very small difference but it's there! :)
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Owls4eva: yeah on 4lbs down in one week - I haven't weighed as I know if the scales haven't moved I will get despondent and a)give up or b) eat everything in sight. Therefore opting for choice 'c' - don't get on the scales!!!!
    Also, decision reached re changing levels - day 11 - here I come level 2!!!
  • asyouseefit
    Options
    Bought some actual weights during lunch break. No more food cans for me! I'm scared now!
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the weights! I'll be buying mine tomorrow.