What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• LeanMe_28
    LeanMe_28 Posts: 49 Member
    Homemade Vegan Jambalaya served with half avocado

cugo7457kobj.jpeg
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    senalay788

I personally admire your food choices and would never give you a disagree.

I can tell what your Swedish meatballs are in the photo, but, what is the long loaf looking thing that seems to be sliced. Telling us exactly what is on the plate would help a lot. Please don't be offended.

Carol in GA
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    The first time I tried making my own char sui pork. I used pork loin where the butcher removed the fat cap in conjunction with the sous vide machine because I am nervous about drying out a lean cut of pork. Boiled down the liquid from the sous vide bag for a sauce. Served on a bed of sauteed spinach with grilled pineapple and grilled onion salad with mint on the side. Rice.
    dart5ij8wqnf.jpeg

• acpgee
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    senalay788

I personally admire your food choices and would never give you a disagree.

I can tell what your Swedish meatballs are in the photo, but, what is the long loaf looking thing that seems to be sliced. Telling us exactly what is on the plate would help a lot. Please don't be offended.

Carol in GA

My guess is a hasselback sweet potato or yam.
  • acpgee
    senalay788 wrote: »
    Kale salad.

But it's the seared tuna that looks amazing
  • acpgee
    Starter of steamed artichokes with hollandaise. Main of pan seared cod on white beans in shellfish bisque garnished with parsley oil and gremolata. This was the first time I made shellfish stock and good to get rid of that big bag of prawn and lobster shells lurking in the freezer.
    abhgbjzau06l.jpeg
    6vk01ablca16.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Copycat KFC using the Chicago Tribune recipe for the 11 herbs and spices and the air fryer. Copycat slaw but with celery instead of carrot. Mash and gravy. Non KFC items were air fried cornmeal coated okra, roast cherry tomatoes.
    6ho0roeb3khe.jpeg
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    acpgee
    Are you sure you are not from the South? LOL

Carol in GA
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    ibgwebfxmodl.jpeg

Katsu Quorn Nuggets on greened up rice.
  • acpgee
    A standard weekday dinner at our place. Starter of salad with feta and candied nuts. I always have a jar of candied nuts on hand, made during the weekend, for pimping up salads with salty cheese. Main of pan fried cod on a bed of tinned beans warmed up in seafood bisque and carrots and celery. Garnish of parsley oil and gremolata.
    qklhc8lna19v.jpeg
    ki96eo63s6z6.jpeg

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ^I absolutely want this in front of me right now! Yummooo
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    senalay788 wrote: »

Next time spatchcock it like a chicken and then do your thing. It will cook much faster and not dry out as much.

Yup, way ahead of you! It didn’t really dry out at all, but we ARE going to spatchcock it next time; we didn’t do it this time as my husband was concerned about space on the grill but we agreed it would be worth a try this next time!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Vegetable pie.eu07ir5hqbzp.jpg
    Cookies.sjdgmmniknwz.jpg
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @snowflake954 Those are so beautiful and lovely.
  • snowflake954
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @snowflake954 Those are so beautiful and lovely.

Thanks luvy---I'm following your thread. I'm one of the "lurkers". I love your photos.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    @snowflake954 - well now...I didn't know these were actually yours! I could never be trusted with a plate of those on my counter 🥰lol!
  • snowflake954
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    @snowflake954 - well now...I didn't know these were actually yours! I could never be trusted with a plate of those on my counter 🥰lol!

Yup. Made em tonight. They're sitting right next to me, smelling up my kitchen. I ate 2. Shouldn't, but hey, you only live once.