WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2020

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 966 Member
    Watching the parade. Also a tradition for me. I have always been annoyed by the lip syncing though. I understand why they do it, but most of them are terrible at it. I actually don't really watch it as have it on as background noise. I glance from time to time. Every year, I know fewer and fewer of the performers.

Have a happy day, whatever you're doing.

Tina

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Im all tucked in.. i guess all these years of taken care of everyone else has come to screeching halt.. i have to get myself back in gear..

Are you home now Allie? That was a fast release from ICU to home if you are. I hope you are feeling better each day. Prayers continue for your recovery.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the US Ladies!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,226 Member
    I suddenly find that I know very little about roasting turkeys! It was 13 min per pound times 8.4 pounds, plus some because it did not really thaw. Then I start all the sides 45 min before that indeterminate time! Whenever that is!

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Rori: Happy Thanksgiving! I wish you the very best. ❤️ We are safe from the challenges & risks of holiday travel to visit our family members in Illinois & Virginia this year. We decided to stay home for now. We look forward to effective vaccines that will protect us from the Corona virus and allow us to safely visit family & friends. I hope to see you then. Visiting online now & then will have to do for now. (((hugs)))

Katla
  • Anniesquats100
    So I did my best to make a turkey dinner for my parents, to limit their exposure. Then I take a nap. I get up to find they have gone over to my Aunt's house where a dozen people are celebrating! Having the super spreader event that I'm trying to protect them from. I can't believe they took that risk.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,203 Member
    edited November 2020
    I agree Rori. The worst thing the settlers brought to them is disease. It puts our pandemic in perspective for me. Whole villages were wiped out from illness. Columbus would have enslaved them but too many of them died from disease.

Enjoyed getting Christmas decorations out. Usually I wait til Thanksgiving is over. Since we had ours on Tuesday I went ahead and did the outdoor because we had a decent day to do the things I wanted. So outdoor done here and at son's. Next on list is to get package off to brother and nieces. Then I will work on my Christmas letter.

Allie definitely time to put yourself first as you give yourself time to heal.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2020
    Michele: I watched the Macy’s Parade, too. It is a tradition in our family. If I had the original video of Miracle on 34th Street, I’d be thrilled to watch the Natalie Wood film. She was a child actor at the time. :star:

Allie: Great to see your post today! :bigsmile:

Annie in DE: Use a meat thermometer to tell the level of doneness of your roast turkey. Turkeys need to be thoroughly cooked to be safe for people to eat. Start by making sure your bird is completely thawed. In my opinion, a bit overdone is much better than underdone. :flowerforyou:

Rebecca: Enjoy your Thanksgiving celebration. :heart:

We are staying home this season. Abstaining from the challenges & risks of holiday travel to visit our family members in Illinois & Virginia this year is sensible even though it is hard to stay so far away from them. We need to be safe from the pandemic. We look forward to effective vaccines that will protect us from the Corona virus and allow us to safely visit family & good friends.

Stay safe.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,061 Member
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Such a hard decision!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,142 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Ours was pretty laid back.
    I did a lot of the prep work yesterday so got to do some sewing while the guys slept(husband worked graveyard shift, came home at 8:30AM and went to bed).
    Salmon, fried rice, mac and cheese, deviled eggs, sweet potatoes, home made cranberry guava sauce and crescent rolls. I know, too many carbs but I let them pick what they wanted.
    I only ate a very small amount because we had to go to my mother in laws 2 1/2 hrs later.
    We got over there and she had not cooked all the food she said she was going to make. Acted like it was just any regular day. Not sure if she just decided not to cook or didn't realize that today was Thanksgiving. I had taken food over for her from what I cooked. Visit was pretty quick which was nice. Got out of there early because both husband and son have to work early shifts tomorrow(husband has to be up at midnight and son has to be up at 5AM). Came home and warmed up some of the sweet potatoes because I was hungry.
    Tomorrow is husband's birthday- not sure what we will do- depends on what he wants to do and how tired he is.
    Found out my former father in law is quaratined by himself because his next door neighbors have tested positive. He isn't feeling good but thinks it is just a cold(no fever). He is 84 TODAY. Praying he stays healthy and this is just a mild cold.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, Ca
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,142 Member
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Watching the parade. Also a tradition for me. I have always been annoyed by the lip syncing though. I understand why they do it, but most of them are terrible at it. I actually don't really watch it as have it on as background noise. I glance from time to time. Every year, I know fewer and fewer of the performers.

Have a happy day, whatever you're doing.

Tina

I watch every year too. Today my son asked if I had watched it. He remembers watching it with me but he doesn't get up early enough anymore
    I was wondering if they would still have it and then wondered how they would do it- no audience lining the streets to watch.