What are your favorite diet hacks?

hezaa777
hezaa777 Posts: 25 Member
edited April 2021 in Food and Nutrition
Interested to find out what diet hacks everyone has used to cut calories or break unhealthy habits?

Here are two things I've done recently:

1. Replaced traditional pasta with zucchini cut on my mandoline slicer. Fewer calories and more nutritional benefits.
2. Replaced diet soda with homemade infused water. Adds a little bit of extra flavor and nutrition.

I would love to hear your ideas!

Replies

• ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    [quotew="Sand_TIger;c-45535524"]
    Red lentil pasta is nice too - some say there are anti-nutrients in it but I don't eat it often enough to worry[/quote]

Mainlining white tea between meals - it’s the most extraordinary appetite suppressant. Over the last decade I’ve definitely moved away from a normal cuppa to something a bit more special (blue lady tea 😍), mostly because I prefer it!

Very curious about this “anti-nutrient” lentil pasta issue. We just discovered it and while it tastes a bit wierd, I’m loving eating pasta again with the family. However if it’s secretly evil, I’d like to know?!
  • hezaa777
    hezaa777 Posts: 25 Member
    Thanks for all the great ideas, Sand_Tiger!

I need to add more tea to my life. Anything hot helps this time of the year!

As for the infused water, I love it. It seems to curb my appetite and help me feel more energized. Plus, you can make all different kinds - but fresh mint with everything, so far.