What's on your mind?

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Wondering if I should should shovel my elderly neighbours driveway. Or if it would be insulting to him, he’s like 75+ but he has better posture than me, he seems really strong still. I’m just wondering because I remember a lady saying someone opened the door for her and she felt as if the person was insinuating she’s a was a lil old lady and couldn’t do it for herself.

But if the snow accumulates too much it’ll be too heavy for him to carry. And my snow blower I bought last year, stopped working so I have to make a decision NOOWW before it gets too heavy ya feel me.

I would do it. I am fully capable of doing my own driveway, but the times I've come home and some kind stranger did it for me - they made my day.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »
    Instead of snapchat i think there should be a sharkchat where people can post pics of themselves as sharks and interact with people who also like sharks. i think it would blow up the internet but there’s still some kinks to work out idk

I like this, but instead of sharks, maybe go with Dung Beetles?

okay.... maybe 'sharks' is a better idea.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Wondering if I should should shovel my elderly neighbours driveway. Or if it would be insulting to him, he’s like 75+ but he has better posture than me, he seems really strong still. I’m just wondering because I remember a lady saying someone opened the door for her and she felt as if the person was insinuating she’s a was a lil old lady and couldn’t do it for herself.

But if the snow accumulates too much it’ll be too heavy for him to carry. And my snow blower I bought last year, stopped working so I have to make a decision NOOWW before it gets too heavy ya feel me.

My kids and I do this in my grandparents' neighborhood when we're there during the holidays. It's a way for us to get out of the jam-packed holiday festivities in the house for a bit, burn off dinner (or lunch, or breakfast) and chat.

When folks come to the door confused, I just yell: 🗣️ "We're exercising!"

They shrug or wave and go back inside. Wins all around.

TLDR: Do it anyway.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Okay, so what’s on my mind is: why do I feel it’s okay for my husband to chat and DM the female internet friends he makes through the internet channels/forums he participates in (e,g.: Twitter groups, other forums) but I feel guilty when I chat with dudes who have proven to be harmless here on MFP? WTF is up with the patriarchy making me feel like kitten?? 😠

why does that make you feel guilty
  • MaltedTea
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Okay, so what’s on my mind is: why do I feel it’s okay for my husband to chat and DM the female internet friends he makes through the internet channels/forums he participates in (e,g.: Twitter groups, other forums) but I feel guilty when I chat with dudes who have proven to be harmless here on MFP? WTF is up with the patriarchy making me feel like kitten?? 😠

I'm always up for blaming the patriarchy for just about everything. But how does it apply here assuming neither of you are having flirtatious conversation (and/or have established what "crossing the line" means for your relationship with each other)?

• MaltedTea
    Also, why is the "Strong Curves" book thicker (pun intended) than the majority of my grad textbooks?
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    It's fairly rare that a post/thread gets under my skin the way this one is currently doing I keep repeating I'm a nice person over and over in my head to stop me from saying it without saying it I digress but someone may need to hold my cosmo for me soon

I get this way sometimes, too.
    oh-snap-its-about-to-get-real.jpg

I'm bursting....I can feel it

I’m wondering what i’m missing 🧐
  • KickassAmazon76
    It's fairly rare that a post/thread gets under my skin the way this one is currently doing I keep repeating I'm a nice person over and over in my head to stop me from saying it without saying it I digress but someone may need to hold my cosmo for me soon

I have waited years to hear this from any one of my gfs. Sigh...one day.

Just keep trying. Practice makes perfect. :flowerforyou:
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    That which I haven’t had in too long. 😭😑
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member

I have waited years to hear this from any one of my gfs. Sigh...one day.

Just keep trying. Practice makes perfect. :flowerforyou:

Fine! I'll be in my bunk😏
  • MaltedTea
    Bite me

I wasn't the one who disagreed but I was the one who was inspired 😁
  • KickassAmazon76
    That which I haven’t had in too long. 😭😑

That disagree must be a scroll click. Who would disagree with this?

I empathize. 🤪
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Bite me

with it having been so long, that might be too much too soon :)

Nah........is there too much? 😂