Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Solid day and down 1# for the month. Happy I put in the work to stay neutral despite a high calorie month

For Monday, it’s a full day of meetings.

1900 calories, avoid a 2020 monthly high average: 1923 for the day and a 2303 average for the month. Second highest month of the year
    Work out for 40 minutes: 40 on the nose. 29:28 for the month including 55.84 miles of purposeful walks
    Make good decisions: Ate kisses and due to a caught error was over by 23 calories. Solid beyond that
    Support my bride: Easy to do. It’s important that she knows she has an impact on my health and decisions. I’m not easy to manage
    Eat at the table, unplugged: Done
    Don’t eat on the couch: Done

For Tuesday, be mindful. Full day of meetings.

1900 calories:
    No workout commitment:
    Make good choices:
    Support my bride:
    Don’t eat on the couch:

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited December 2020
    Joan
    5'11"
    70 yrs old
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206
    December, 2019: Met my goal weight of 178
    SW Year 2020: 178 -- but having a hard time maintaining once covid started.
    November, 2020: 192 --- back focused
    1st GW: 185
    2nd GW: 180
    Ultimate goal: 175, and maintain

SW Nov 2: 192
    SW Dec 1: 192.6 :s:s
    1st goal weight: 185
    2nd goal weight: 180
    ultimate goal weight: 175
    weigh in every monday

Todays weight 192.6 - yikes!

Nov 1: 192
    Nov 2: 192
    Nov 9: 190.6
    Nov 11: 192.6
    Nov 13: 189.4 -- yah, finally back in the 180s
    Nov 15: 188.8
    Dec 1: 192.6 --- make xmas cookies, plus leftover thanksgiving pies, etc. Time to get back on track!

I'm just posting simple goals today ... a very busy day again.
    My son now also has covid .. he is very sick, with a very high fever, headaches, and severe fatigue. So naturally I am so worried about him.. especially being so far away, and not having seen him in a year! Then... yesterday our daughter was out running and fell again. Banged up her knee and her hand is very swollen. I told her to put ice on .. to try and avoid urgent care since those places are packed with covid.
    It is 26 degrees this morning. With not letting our daughter in our house, this makes it so hard .. because she still comes out. She just needs to see us. So I hate it ... and last nite, I gave into the comfort I know .. food. Which does not good .. only makes us feel worse. I baked pies for thanksgiving ... and sent several pieces to our daughter and to a neighbor .. but still had leftovers here. Then over the weekend baked and decorated sugar cookies to send to our son and give some to our daughter. But ... still ate too many (reflectdd in my weight this morning!)

So today is a new day .. Tuesday, Dec 1. Going to try and stay on track for this month.

ANd @Bex ... remember ... you are going to start setting goals this month also!! Even just very simple ones!

JFT, Tues, Dec1
    1. log all food
    2. mindful eating
    3. concentrate on water
    4. in evening... sew... or watch youtube videos. try not to worry and eat

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,049 Member
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Joan
    5'11"
    70 yrs old
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206
    December, 2019: Met my goal weight of 178
    SW Year 2020: 178 -- but having a hard time maintaining once covid started.
    November, 2020: 192 --- back focused
    1st GW: 185
    2nd GW: 180
    Ultimate goal: 175, and maintain

SW Nov 2: 192
    SW Dec 1: 192.6 :s:s
    1st goal weight: 185
    2nd goal weight: 180
    ultimate goal weight: 175
    weigh in every monday

Todays weight 192.6 - yikes!

Nov 1: 192
    Nov 2: 192
    Nov 9: 190.6
    Nov 11: 192.6
    Nov 13: 189.4 -- yah, finally back in the 180s
    Nov 15: 188.8
    Dec 1: 192.6 --- make xmas cookies, plus leftover thanksgiving pies, etc. Time to get back on track!

My son now also has covid .. he is very sick, with a very high fever, headaches, and severe fatigue. So naturally I am so worried about him.. especially being so far away, and not having seen him in a year! Then... yesterday our daughter was out running and fell again. Banged up her knee and her hand is very swollen. I told her to put ice on .. to try and avoid urgent care since those places are packed with covid.
    It is 26 degrees this morning. With not letting our daughter in our house, this makes it so hard .. because she still comes out. She just needs to see us. So I hate it ... and last nite, I gave into the comfort I know .. food. Which does not good .. only makes us feel worse. I baked pies for thanksgiving ... and sent several pieces to our daughter and to a neighbor .. but still had leftovers here. Then over the weekend baked and decorated sugar cookies to send to our son and give some to our daughter. But ... still ate too many (reflectdd in my weight this morning!)

So today is a new day .. Tuesday, Dec 1. Going to try and stay on track for this month.

ANd @Bex ... remember ... you are going to start setting goals this month also!! Even just very simple ones!

JFT, Tues, Dec1
    1. log all food
    2. mindful eating
    3. concentrate on water
    4. in evening... sew... or watch youtube videos. try not to worry and eat

Im sorry to hear your sin has covid, sending all my best wishes and hope he recovers quickly, what about the rest of the family his girlfriend/wife and kids? Are they okay?

Ha, I forgot about my goals.
    I'm just so tired though but you're right, I gotta do something even if it's simple

Im happy to report that apart from the first 2 days I have walked the dog ayleast once daily :) which I think is pretty good! 7.15 on the dot every morning when the kids are having breakfast.

Tonight I need to locate all my medication from whatever bag they're in and take them regularly
  • TiffanyPe17
    TiffanyPe17 Posts: 107 Member
    I haven’t been on in a week or so because I’ve been so busy, but I have been consistent with my goals during that time!

Just for today I will

•Work
    •Client
    •Market the business
    •Family time
  • violetanderson39
    violetanderson39 Posts: 64 Member
    It is 26 degrees this morning. With not letting our daughter in our house, this makes it so hard .. because she still comes out. She just needs to see us. So I hate it ...

@mytime6630 Just wanted to send you hugs. This sounds sooo rough. Remember it's ok to worry - just don't spiral. We have to feel our feelings or they come out as even more stress on our bodies. Maybe a constructive way to channel the worry! Simple goals are good!!

Hang in there! I'll be thinking of you guys! So hard!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Im happy to report that apart from the first 2 days I have walked the dog ayleast once daily :) which I think is pretty good! 7.15 on the dot every morning when the kids are having breakfast.

Tonight I need to locate all my medication from whatever bag they're in and take them regularly

That is a great goal @Bex ... keep doing it!! I'm sure the dog is happy, and I know for me, even if just a short time .. the sunshine and fresh air helps me. And another great goal you have .. finding and taking your medication... I know you'll feel better!

So far we have not heard if our grandsons or anyone else caught covid... but they were all with my son, so my guess they may all get it. Our son travels a lot.. so not a surprise that he caught it. I think eventually we are all going to get this though .. just hoping to be one that does not have it serious.
    you hang in there .. I'm sure your busy with unpacking, but so happy you have a new home for the holidays!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 wrote: »

That is a great goal @Bex ... keep doing it!! I'm sure the dog is happy, and I know for me, even if just a short time .. the sunshine and fresh air helps me. And another great goal you have .. finding and taking your medication... I know you'll feel better!

So far we have not heard if our grandsons or anyone else caught covid... but they were all with my son, so my guess they may all get it. Our son travels a lot.. so not a surprise that he caught it. I think eventually we are all going to get this though .. just hoping to be one that does not have it serious.
    you hang in there .. I'm sure your busy with unpacking, but so happy you have a new home for the holidays!

Haha I'm already unpacked!
    But I have zero storage, no wardrobes, drawers, nothing. Even the kids are on mattresses on the floor (need a bunk bed) and even me and Ash, we bought a new mattress 10 days ago and it's still not arrived (they had a pleasant phone all this morning lmao) so we've set up our bed frame and we're sleeping on an airbed on the frame haha.. I can honestly say my back, neck and shoulders hate me so much right now haha

But in a couple of weeks I'm sure I'll have everything I need. Already found bunk bed for 50 quid and the neighbours moving out and there's some drawers in there that my dad said we can have (he owns the house for rentals)

It's getting chilly here now. But I hate the cold anyway, I feel the cold terribly. When my feet get cold and I don't get some slippers on or something (I don't like wearing socks lol) the cold creeps up my legs into my shins and at that point it's just painful.
    I've had sore shins all day from walking in the cold lol

Apparently the UK is rolling out this vaccine soon, possibly tomorrow. But I have no idea if that means they then share it with the world? I don't know how it works when one country gets the first vaccine, do they make enough for everyone or just the UK first then start shipping it out to others? I have no idea lol

But even then they said it would take 'til March til things are nearly normal again
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited December 2020
    @mytime6630 sending you and your family good wishes and hugs. I’m sorry you are having such a though time 🐝
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    🎄🎅🏻🌟🤶🌟🌟🎄
    🎄DECEMBER 🎄
    🎄🎅🏻🌟🤶🌟🎅🏻🎄
    What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2[c]
      1 Aug: 149.9
      01 Sept: 149.4
      09 Sept: 149.5
      1 Oct: 149.2
      December Daily Goals: Week 1
      Tues: ✅ Wed: Thu: Fri.
      Sat: Sun: Mon:

Weight < 150: ✅ (revised from 155)
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      2020:
      1 Sept 149.4
      13 Sept: 152.2 (birthday - DH)
      1 Oct: 149.2
      18 Oct: 147.2
      24 Oct: 146.0
      Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.9
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7 30.9:
      Calories in the green ✅
      Steps > 7500 ✅
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅
      Active hours > 6 daily ✅

Positive intentions:
      🎄Meditation ✅
      🎄Exercise ✅ 🌟 Circuits ✅
      🎄Daily Yoga/tai chi practice ✅
      🎄country walk ✅
      🎄Work on Xmas cards list ✅
      🎄Laundry ✅
      🎄Daily Chores ✅
      🎄plan grocery shopping for tomorrow
      🎄Puzzles ✅
      🎄Watch TV ✅ 🎄Read ✅

Terri 🦄

All set for December.

• TerriRichardson112
      TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
      @mytime6630 So sorry about your son (((Hugs))) to you and your family and 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 that your son doesn’t have a serious case of Covid
    • Bex953172
      Here we go!

JFT Wednesday

- Take meds
      - Walk dog AM ✔️
      - Drink 4+ cups of water
      - Put up Xmas tree!
      - Walk dog PM
    • ZizzyBumble
      ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
      Wed 2 Dec

Log
      Stay in the green
      5 fruit and veg
      Water
      Fitbit exercise goals
      Weigh 😊 Happy Scale weight trend ⬇️ 0.9kg lost in 7 last days

I met yesterday’s goals but forgot to check back in and report on my progress!
    • clicketykeys
      clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
      JFT Wednesday
      1. Therapy exercises - crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, dead lifts, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! NO COMPUTERS. Post class plan right away on screen AND on site. Add "Yes, I know I'm muted."
      2. 1st class: Run Meet. Stay muted until someone asks a question.
      3. 2nd-3rd classes: Run Meet. Stay muted until someone asks a question.
      4. Lunch: Jambalaya. Update GR – p 90 of Dispossessed.
      5. Planning: Grade projects. Write script. Respond to parent emails. MEETING - PRESENTATION.
      6. Write a letter. Dinner: Pizza? Breathe. Go to CVS and get meds? Midweek grocery run.
      7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
      8. Color! 1 hr reading. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Work on CV. Phone banking? Patch pants.
      9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, dead lifts, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. SHBP screening - August? MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? What are some tasks that could be completed by CBBVI students? 60 min str. 60 min walk/bike?

Scale goals
      End of 2017: 174.6
      End of 2018: 189.2
      End of 2019: 196.4
      End of January: 194.6
      End of February: 196.2
      End of March: 193.8
      End of April: 192.6
      End of May: 191.8
      End of June: 192.2
      End of July: 188.6
      End of August: 189.8
      End of September: 191.0
      End of October: 189.4
      End of November: 192.6
      Today: 191.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
      1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
      2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
      3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
      4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
      5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
      6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. ObG schedule for October. When is re-up with ortho? Schedule PCP for same day.
      7. Theater: Podcast. Youtube.
      8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
      9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
      10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
      11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
      12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
      13. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: squats, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. I went to bed early and I'm STILL tired.
    • teigansdad
      teigansdad Posts: 393 Member
      Tuesday goals
      Stay green❌😐
      Log all food✅
      No beer❌
      No M&Ms❌
      Zwift ride (recovery pace...this time I mean it)✅
      Pull ups✅
      Push-ups✅

I think peanut butter M&Ms need to be regulated by the FDA. Seriously!!! I think I’m a M&M junky. On a good note I plowed thru the rest of the bag yesterday so If I stay away from candy isle I should be ok... my wife still has a big bag of peanut M&Ms.. they don’t have the same power over me... but who knows maybe I still have a therapeutic level of M&Ms circulating their my blood from last night and this afternoon the peanut M&Ms will call to me or perhaps I’ll fins the old package peanut butter ones came from and lick the inside ? 🤢
      Kidding... I hope

Ok enough rambling

Wednesday goals
      No beer
      Don’t buy peanut butter M&Ms at store
      Don’t eat the peanut M&Ms in the house
      Stay green
      Log all good
      Zwift workout tonight
      Pull ups
      Push-ups
    • violetanderson39
      violetanderson39 Posts: 64 Member
      Tues:
      Log all meals :)
      Lift :)
      A little cardio :)
      Staff form :)
      Teach Form :)
      Fold Laundry :)

Wed!!
      Fold Laundry
      Log all meals
      Run
      Lift
      Teach Class
      Start Spreadsheet

@teigansdad I feel you on the M&Ms! You made me laugh - regulated by the FDA :p
    • sviers13
      sviers13 Posts: 109 Member
      sviers13 wrote: »
      Yesterday was not a good day. I ate over 1800 calories of candy and I didn’t exercise. I’ve gained weight and I feel depressed.☹️

JFT
      Log everything ✅
      Log it before you eat it ✅
      Exercise even if only for 10 minutes
      Stretch for stress relief ✅
      Start with one serving
      Stretch or exercise before you reach for the candy

Yesterday was not great, but it was better. I ate less than half of the calories I ate the day before.

JFT
      log everything
      Log it before you eat it
      Exercise even if only for 10 minutes
      Stretch for stress relief
      Stretch or exercise before reaching for the candy
      Don’t give up, stay consistent
    • Bex953172
      teigansdad wrote: »
      Tuesday goals
      Stay green❌😐
      Log all food✅
      No beer❌
      No M&Ms❌
      Zwift ride (recovery pace...this time I mean it)✅
      Pull ups✅
      Push-ups✅

I think peanut butter M&Ms need to be regulated by the FDA. Seriously!!! I think I’m a M&M junky. On a good note I plowed thru the rest of the bag yesterday so If I stay away from candy isle I should be ok... my wife still has a big bag of peanut M&Ms.. they don’t have the same power over me... but who knows maybe I still have a therapeutic level of M&Ms circulating their my blood from last night and this afternoon the peanut M&Ms will call to me or perhaps I’ll fins the old package peanut butter ones came from and lick the inside ? 🤢
      Kidding... I hope

Ok enough rambling

Wednesday goals
      No beer
      Don’t buy peanut butter M&Ms at store
      Don’t eat the peanut M&Ms in the house
      Stay green
      Log all good
      Zwift workout tonight
      Pull ups
      Push-ups

I couple of years ago I had the same problem with Dr. Pepper.
      If it was mentioned on the thread I always ended up going to buy one haha

I love M&Ms though!
    • maryrobinson40
      maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
      I would love to join this forum! Just for today I will love myself well and make healthy food choices to fuel myself and my newborn whom I am nursing.

Welcome🌹
    • maryrobinson40
      maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
      Wednesday JFT:
      - Don’t eat until lunch ☹️
      - 1 snack in afternoon ✅
      - 1 snack at night ☹️
      - Deep breaths before dining hall ☹️

Thursday JFT:
      - Brush teeth in morning
      - 1 snack in afternoon
      - 1 snack at night