What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    I like it here because the vast majority of people seem to have a good sense of humor. I feel like most people get me and can tell when I’m joking. It’s a nice feeling. Most places online are really hostile these days, but this place is.. nice. Doesn’t even really feel like online, you know?

Yeah, it feels kind of like a fireside chat, as opposed to a hostile forum.

We obviously need to try harder.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I like it here because the vast majority of people seem to have a good sense of humor. I feel like most people get me and can tell when I’m joking. It’s a nice feeling. Most places online are really hostile these days, but this place is.. nice. Doesn’t even really feel like online, you know?

Yeah, it feels kind of like a fireside chat, as opposed to a hostile forum.

Minus the spiked eggnog of course. And somebody throwing up over in the corner of the room.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

What, wait?.. you joke???..

:D
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options

What, wait?.. you joke???..

:D

I’ve been trying it out lately 😌
  • LGS_RFS
    LGS_RFS Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about the potentially heavy stories some of you have to tell. It's disheartening, yet somehow inspiring that so many people here come from such tragic stories and end up stronger for them (albeit maybe cynical).

True, there have really only been hints of deeper storylines here and I don't pry (I figure if y'all want to share, you will), but so many of you have come from pretty terrible relationship situations, familiar horrors or had scary medical complications and conditions.

In light of another thread: If I were ever to give a *kitten* about anyone anymore, it would probably be about the random faces I see here as many of you are like long-distance friends. Maybe we aren't super close, but I feel closer to and know you slightly better than I know most other people these days, so...

I’ve been a lurker with the random posts here and there just to kind get a little confidence boost. This community has definitely helped, even just reading all the support that is given and the insight is amazing.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    LGS_RFS wrote: »
    I've been thinking about the potentially heavy stories some of you have to tell. It's disheartening, yet somehow inspiring that so many people here come from such tragic stories and end up stronger for them (albeit maybe cynical).

True, there have really only been hints of deeper storylines here and I don't pry (I figure if y'all want to share, you will), but so many of you have come from pretty terrible relationship situations, familiar horrors or had scary medical complications and conditions.

In light of another thread: If I were ever to give a *kitten* about anyone anymore, it would probably be about the random faces I see here as many of you are like long-distance friends. Maybe we aren't super close, but I feel closer to and know you slightly better than I know most other people these days, so...

I’ve been a lurker with the random posts here and there just to kind get a little confidence boost. This community has definitely helped, even just reading all the support that is given and the insight is amazing.

I started off as a lurker here, too. Something tells me, most of us did. :smiley:
  • ReenieHJ
    Options

I started off as a lurker here, too. Something tells me, most of us did. :smiley:

IIRC I jumped right in, made lots of mistakes. He!! I still do. :neutral:
    But I feel better about being accepted. Or at least tolerated.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Another hour, another Zoom call and I can't help but wonder when did ending every idea with "Does that make any sense?" become a thing? The last two people had some variation of this.

Why would you say something if you didn't think it made sense? 🤔

Mind you, I say random stuff on here - typos, grammar flaws and all - then expect you all to make sense of it...or keep scrolling 🤷🏿‍♀️
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

I accept you; not tolerate you. I genuinely enjoy reading your posts when they pop up. :)
  • CacoEther
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

I love having you around. ❤️
  • CacoEther
    Options
    I got a kudos email from my boss, and I'm so tired I actually cried at getting it.

All done for the night. Trying to catch up in here!

Yay for being done! And for the kudos. Good job you
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

Thanks KK!
    been thinking about and channeling you as I may try to make a macrame plant holder...bet you could do it, np!
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Aw thanks @caco_ethes and @KosmosKitten.
    I swear we *are* our own worst critics sometimes.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    tams_89 wrote: »
    Looking forward to getting my hair done at the salon the 18th just not sure what colour to have 🤔

I honestly adore the color that's in your picture, maybe add some streaks for extra shine or something?? IDK Last time I went to have anything done to my hair was before my 39 yo was born so WTH do I know. :blush:
  • piggy_smalls
    piggy_smalls Posts: 1,621 Member
    Options
    RIP, Hugh Keays-Byrne.
  • Oliveciabatta
    Oliveciabatta Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Because I'm taking paracetamol for my injury i don't want to eat much so I've been lying to MFP diary to say I've eaten more calories than I really have. You can't save your log if you are that far under and I'd rather lie than lose my straight run. Guilty.
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I wonder if these weights work? #shakeweights

g3hpryw5iwpf.gif