WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Machka: Your Canadian Christmas menu sounds very much the same as my family’s Oregon menu for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. We had a similar food list for many years until DH was put on a Fodmap diet. We are carnivores and eat quite a bit of meat. Having baked treats is rare, but we have found a cake recipe that is gluten free and there are also boxed mixes for gluten free brownies. None of these treats are low calorie, nor good for people who are watching their weight. Portion control is the solution, but it is very difficult during a family feast. :wink:

Tracey: You have a very challenging career these days. I admire you for all you do to manage business details & help the elders in your care. :star:

Rebecca: Athena’s unicorn hat is charming. She will be able to wear it for a long time to come. :star:

Allie: Like Barbie, I wonder whether you will be receiving an implanted cardiac defibrillator. At this moment, I’m happy that you are in good care. :flowerforyou:

Barbara: Yes! The glasses in your photo are like ours. Cobalt Blue is my favorite color and I love having them. DH found ours through ebay. :heart:

Heather: Happy Christmas! :star:

Thyme in GA: Getting a home ready to sell is hard work. What do you have planned for your next home? :huh:

Our county has had 2 new Covid deaths this week, bringing our total to 6 deaths since the beginning of the pandemic. We are faring better than many places. People here are vigilant about wearing masks in public. Our grocery stores have early morning senior hours, but seniors are welcome any time of the day. You can call in orders and they will be brought to your car.

All that said, I look forward to vaccinations. They’ve been talking about January. First responders and medical people come first. I wonder how long it will be for people 50+ to get their vaccinations. DH is medically challenged. He may get a fairly early slot. We will see what the future holds as time goes by.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
    (where we haven't had snow for a few years)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Hey peeps.

Covid & nasal sprays with Xylitol if interested:
    Studies/research regarding use of nasal sprays with Xylitol to either attack the virus in early stages (at nose & throat stage), lessen impact on the lungs, or as an adjunct to other treatment to speed recovery (the NIH article.)

https://commonsensemedicine.org/information-you-should-know-about-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR05ZZPJm1212QcbrAuIJIoBwi6zAo6sqgIi0vuqVOeQJJcez_A6T7H8GSM

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7645297/?fbclid=IwAR2YwnPbyxF-EDqO0bsq8znqK8xE754plMMSXKVWrLFXD55e5zKR8ZFCj7M

I just ordered a bottle of Xlear from Amazon, it's probably available in our local drug stores and Wally world. Something to keep on the shelf especially for DH who doesn't eat a very balanced diet or take many vitamins.

Lanette
    SW WA State

I’ve been using Xlear for over 5 years for my allergies. Helps keep my sinuses clear from my allergies. I highly recommend it!

RvRita
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Oh, oh, OH, Karen! Wonderful news! :D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Options
    Karen in VA: Three cheers for Josephine the Ballerina!!! It is wonderful that she is at home! :heart: It is great to see your post. :star:

Rita: Thanks for the Xlear links! I want this product for both of us, but especially for DH.

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((Josephine the Ballerina)))
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo for Josephine the Ballerina!!!!

Okie
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Great News Karen!!
  • Katla49
    Options
    :heart:
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    BARBARA great idea hot tub and sangria 😀😀

Kate UK ❤️
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    Wonderful news about Josephine
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    HEATHER loved Johnny’s round robin 😀😀
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Worked today, then made the pierogi. Now making the oatmeal spice cookies for Colby. I’m going to ask Jess if we can go to Aldi since I forgot to get the cheese for their dinner tonight.

Rebecca – I just want to squeeze Athena!

Heather – Loved the “year in review”

Thyme – what kind of music does your son play?

Karen in VA – yea for Josephine

Tracey (((doing a cheer for you)))

Jess doesn’t want to go to Aldi. Really, it’s a pain for me to have to take the boot off, on, off, on. But I guess I’ll have to do it.

Michele NC
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Heather – Loved Johnny's round robin B) - especially the humorous bent.

Karen in VA – So pleased for Josephine the Ballerina <3 - what a lovely Christmas gift for her and for her family!

Tracey
    - You made me sniffle with that one. I'm so glad you got a chance to speak to your mom. I'd give a lot to talk to my Mama--really missing her this year, more than most.

Pushed my time on the elliptical up to 21 minutes, and walked the yard for another 30 minutes talking on the phone. Still struggling to get a full breath when I do both, but the blood pressure/pulse are still in the normal ranges, so hopefully I'm just out of shape. Time to go slow and steady (not my usual mode).

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • Katla49
    Options
    Tracey: Congratulations on your telephone visit with your mom, and your ipad visit is wonderful. You got to have a facetime visit! This virtual visit is a gift. :heart:

Barbara: One more comment on blue glasses--All of the blue glasses you posted with flat sections are like mine. DH says they are called a decagon. I absolutley love the color and the way they feel in my hand. They are called Vintage Anchor Hocking Essex Cobalt Blue. Only one arrived broken. DH ordered them through amazon, etsy.com, replacements & ebay. :heart:

Lanette: I will be looking for Xlear. :flowerforyou: