csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,056 Member
    I tried it too.

fgg4k4bcqate.png
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,056 Member
    Darn!!! Lost a longer post! To tired to redo it. Back in the morning.

Thank you all for being here. I remember Gloria. She was a kind lovely lady. 🥲

☘️Terri
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    I tried marching for twelve minutes since the mini-stepper never seems to last. The stress on my legs seems more quadriceps and less knee. Hope this will work this time!
    Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    Lanette- poor Sophie! That must have been a shocker for you too.

Allie- keep up the good work. You will be stronger before you know it!

My mom has taken over the grocery shopping again. She goes in the morning before I get up. She is doing the cooking for my Dad again too. Old habits die hard. My dad is pushing exercise for her but she doesn't want to do it. So we are back to the beginning which makes me feel useless. She is still buying excess food and pushing food on me. Oh well, could be worse.

Annie in Delaware

Can you go out for a walk in the afternoon and ask your parents to come along? Or maybe just go for the walks every day and perhaps they'll see what you're doing and start joining you?

M in Oz
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :)Heather, Thanks for hair cutting info, but I've decided to mind my own business about this.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Did a Kathy Smith DVD today. I think there were more exercises that I could have done, but I’ll do more the next time. I guess I was thinking about Tuesday when there was so much up and down. Oh well…next time. I think I can probably do things on the floor as long as I don’t have to keep getting up and down (which takes time to do) Work tomorrow. Soup kitchen today

Tracey – I’m sure your grandson will love that headboard and it’ll look spectacular with the lights

Right now I’m thinking that when Jess comes back from Idaho, I’m going to wear a mask all the time (except when eating) and social distance. I love my daughter, but I won’t risk getting sick. I hope Vince does, too.

Juliebeee – what’s the problem? We exercise so we have broad shoulders…lol

M – thanks for Gloria’s last post. Brought tears to my eyes. At first I looked for the post that someone made telling us about Gloria’s passing, but I just couldn’t do it

Allie – how wonderful that you are sitting up!!! Continue to let your body heal itself

Want to go to Hobby Lobby to get that crochet hook, then need to go to the ATM to get money, the post office to start to send the Christmas cards, then the soup kitchen then WalMart to get one of Vince’s prescriptions. You know what’s the worst part? Having to take this stupid boot off, put on a slipper, drive, then put the boot on, go in the store, and on and on. I try to do the non-essential things when Vince is driving so that I don’t have to keep doing this.

Made my last loaf of sourdough for Christmas. Don’t plan to make any more.

Barbara – I think it was you who posted that chart of active C cases (apologies to the person who did post it if it wasn’t Barbara). Is that link updated every day? It looks to me like it is. Is Texas #1 with the most cases? Does this chart take into account the number of cases and the population?

Lanette – a few months ago I was watering my neighbor’s plants and as I went down their driveway to go home I saw people at the bottom of the driveway so I asked if there was anything I could help with. They told me that their dog was seizing. Thank GOD it happened where it happened and that Jess was at our house. I ran home and asked her if she could help these people. I was very proud of how she took control of the entire situation. She called the emergency care, gave them facts that I would never have thought of that they needed, went with the people to the emergency place (even tho she couldn’t go in). Unfortunately, the dog had been seizing for too long and there were too many problems. But at least Jess was here. The husband was ready to put the dog down right there but Jess was able to assure him that the dog wasn’t in any pain (the husband thought the dog was). I’m glad Sophie is OK

Barbara – I thank people who give me gifts that I really don’t want and then just donate them.

Grrr-Vince gives Lexi special food (I’ve lost count of why) and in trying to keep the other cats from taking her food he gives them “treats” (which is really Fancy Feast). Well, if they don’t finish the treats he just leaves them on the floor. The other day I almost fell, my foot slipped on the treats. I mentioned to him this morning that we should probably clean up since I almost fell. What I got was “you just need to be more aware of it”. Why can’t we just clean up? I have no problem putting them in one pile, but we really don’t need 3 piles. The boot is bigger and it’s not like it’s something permanent. So for a few weeks, why can’t we just put it all in one pile? That’s my rant for the day…..

Went to Hobby Lobby but the hook I got was bigger than the one from my grandmother so Vince took me this afternoon. Anyway, I was talking to him about putting a $10 or $20 bill into the masks. For some reason he was noncommittal. If he doesn’t say anything, I’m just going to do it. Then he told me that he thinks it’s a stupid idea to give Colby an Iowa State mask, that Colby doesn’t care about IS. I told Vince when we bought the material that I was going to have a mask made for Colby and one for Jess. At the time he never said a word. I just said to him “well, he can always give it to Jess” Grr….
    He seems to be in less of a holiday spirit. Hope it’s just today and not something permanent.

They are going to be making candy at the soup kitchen and they asked me to come by any time next week to help. I asked Vince if he wanted to help – no answer.

Question: I’m not good at eyeballing how far ¼” down and 1/4” apart something is so I put masking tape on the towels first and then marked where to put the holes. I never had a problem before but now the tape won’t come off. It’s painters tape. Does anyone have any ideas how to get the tape off the towels? I tried alcohol – didn’t work. I tried using the blowdryer on it (since that’s how we got the car dealership logo off the car) – so far it’s not working. The only other thing I can think of is wetting the towels and then letting them dry. Update: in looking on the Internet, it looks like they recommend goo gone so I tried it. Yes, it took the tape off. But does anyone know if it stains the clothing?

Fae – I tell Vince that I married him for two reasons, one to get an easier last name. My last name is Polish and I got every spelling in the book. I remember when I was little in school, many times the teachers wouldn’t even attempt my last name. The other reason was so that I would have someone to warm my feet at night!

Dr. Katie - get better fast.

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    WThyme wrote: »
    M in Oz - Sounds beyond busy! Happy Christmas decorating. Will you also be cycling?

No, I'll be driving around in the morning to make sure everyone is OK (including the volunteers) and then settling in at the finish line to wait for the riders.

I was kind of hoping for a ride today, but the rain is moving in and it is supposed to be heavy rain late afternoon and throughout the evening.

So I might walk/run on the treadmill. We'll see. Right now I'm finishing my Christmas decorations. :)

M in Oz

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    edited December 2020
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Tumble stroll with T, post office, library (yay!) and recycling.
    Bonus: two loads laundry, 45 mins vacuuming.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call CD, call R, email info to grantwriter, watch STAS Day 18 (go sniff), submit grant pics and receipts, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments.
    Do Good December
    4: Give kind compliments to as many people as possible today: D, J, R, T, and Joe.

A tired dog is a good dog. Yesterday was Tumble’s first on leash walk since the beach disaster a few months ago. She pulled mightily all the way out and half the way back, only giving up a little at the end. Today took her back to the same path and voila! She walked nicely beside me with loose leash the whole way. She did bark at 3 of the dogs we passed but not all, and gave it up when I made her look at me. Tomorrow at 1 is dog group, at the same path as today. Do I dare take Tumble there for the first time since pandemic began? Would love to build on this success.

Welcome @juliebeeeee ! Would you let us know what you’d like us to call you and your general locale? Winter blues, work woes, family griefs and the pandemic have given lots of us bad moods. You’ll find cheer, commiseration, wisdom, encouragement and humor here.
    Machka scrolling down the link to Gloria’s last post was nostalgic to see so many who are now MIA, @wildhorsewendy, @DamitJanit, @DanaReel180, @linder4866, @jmkmomm, @GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS, @NYKaren. Miss them all and wish them well.
    Heather Your son’s and grandson’s smiles tell the tale! :love: Hooray for the excellent test results! Thank you for sharing your Christmas Miracle/power of love story. The power of an old atheist’s prayer ;)
    Allie, sitting up is good! Taking nourishment? Yes, it IS your turn to be taken care of. Please, please let the healthcare professionals take care of you.
    Lanette looking for the Star of Bethlehem is now on my calendar for Dec 21. Thanks! What a frightening event at the vets. Sending healing calming loving thoughts and gratitude for the vet’s CBD and your idea.
    Margaret “Memories” gave me chills and tears. Thanks!
    Barbie how wise you are to avoid that haircut trap. No amount of loving conversations would convince me otherwise in that case.
    Fae thanks for the Gloria links. So very sad. Hope the boys and the dog are ok. “Chili and Broccoli” peeuuww!
    Rita had to try it too. Surprised to find other “auntiebk”s especially “Brenda Klutz” we are definitely different, the recipe she posted has two main ingredients I don’t like: zucchini and eggs. Funny, didn’t remember I had an Instagram account.
    www.instagram.com › auntiebk
    Already follow auntiebk? Log in to see their photos and videos. Instagram · Log in|Sign up. Instagram Is Better on the App. More camera effects. More stickers.

Brenda Klutz (auntiebk) on Pinterest
    www.pinterest.com › auntiebk
    Ingredients: 1 large zucchini, grated 1 large egg 1 c. panko bread crumbs Salt and pepper to taste 1 tbsp. Adobo spices 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated ..

auntiebk – YouTube
    www.youtube.com › user › auntiebk › videos
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

auntiebk's Profile - TechNet - Microsoft
    social.technet.microsoft.com › profile › auntiebk
    auntiebk. auntiebk's avatar. Member Since. Mar 16, 2011. - Points gold medal silver medal bronze medal. FAQ Experience Activity · auntiebk's RSS Feed ...

Prime Rib - Review of Art's Red Garter Steakhouse, Cave ...
    www.tripadvisor.com › ... › Art's Red Garter Steakhouse
    Ask auntiebk about Art's Red Garter Steakhouse. Thank auntiebk. This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
    Rating: 4 · ‎Review by a Tripadvisor user

Auntie BK Wetzel - None - Anderson & Denardo Inc. | LinkedIn
    www.linkedin.com › auntie-bk-wetzel-81a93630
    View Auntie BK Wetzel's profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Auntie BK has 1 job listed on their profile. See the complete profile on ...
    Oshkosh, Wisconsin Area · ‎None · ‎Anderson & Denardo Inc.

Latitude E6530 doesn't detect internal microphone (array ...
    www.dell.com › community › Latitude › td-p
    Apr 4, 2020 — Re: Latitude E6530 doesn't detect internal microphone (array?) @auntiebk. What version is your BIOS? It is always risky to update the BIOS, ...

auntiebk - MyFitnessPal.com
    community.myfitnesspal.com › profile › usercard
    auntiebk. First Visit: January 2008; Most Recent: 11:00AM; 1360 comments posted. My Badges. 2,500 Likes 100 Insightfuls 1,000 Hugs 100 Inspirings 5 ...

Auntie Bk's - Rum Balls, Chocolate - Calorie Chart, Nutrition Facts ...
    www.myfitnesspal.com › food › calories › auntie-bks-r...
    Auntie Bk's. Auntie Bk's - Rum Balls, Chocolate. Serving Size : 1 ball. 66Cal. 54%8gCarbs. 46%3gFat. 0%--Protein. Log Food. Daily Goals. How does this food fit ...
    Carol praying your appointment on the 17th reveals issues that are easily, quickly fixed.
    Lisa hooray for being where you should be on blood pressure and pulse! Holding good thoughts that this round of antibiotics will do the trick.
    Kay oww. How long will it take to heal? What a painful lesson! :cry:
    Suebdew and Cheri good to see you popping in!
    Michele Chart was last updated: December 05, 2020, 04:06 GMT. If you click on the tot cases/1m pop the chart will be sorted by cases per thousand people, taking population into account. Today shows the Dakotas, Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Utah to be the top 6. If you just sorted by total cases regardless of population the big states (Tx, CA, FL, IL, NY) would move to the top, but I think that’s less useful. Illinois is the only state in the top ten either way you sort. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ Sometimes husbands can be so thoughtless. Your Vince for not seeming to care that you could slip and fall from his choice to put down 3 piles of wet cat food on the bare floor. My Joe for cutting me off when I was telling him about my blood pressure results. Grrr indeed. Joe shows his care for me in other ways but really cannot bear hearing about health issues. Thankful mine are few and minor. If you don’t have any “goof off” or “goo gone” handy, try rubbing the adhesive with ice. If that doesn’t work, try peanut butter but then you’ll have to wash with Dawn to get the peanut butter oil stains out… ;) update: if the goo gone stains, scrub with Dawn and wash.
    Tracey hope you get a good night’s rest and enjoy decorating only as much as your energy level allows. It’s important for you to recharge/rest/restore as much as possible on weekends considering how stressful your workweeks are.

Christmas Eve was when we opened presents, as Papa worked Christmas Day for the double time-and-a-half until we moved to Ukiah. One year Santa Claus actually came to the door to deliver my TinyTears doll. Think I was thrilled, but might have been a scaredy cat crybaby. No other family nearby, all were in St. Louis or Kansas City. Just as well, prepared me for the small, intimate, holidays with Joe. After we moved to Ukiah our Christmas Eve tradition became driving around looking at lights after church, then stopping by the park to watch the “reindeer” graze on the grass. One year there was even a light dusting of snow. Sweet memories.

Our library closed two weeks ago as one staff member came down with C-19. Today they resumed limited services, opened the return drop box, started accepting appointments to use the computers, and delivered held books by buzzing in at the locked back door. Have no idea when they’ll be able to reopen for stacks browsing, but thankful to get the books I’d “held.”

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    December: better than November.
    daily: sit with Joe: 3, weigh: 4, steps>5505=5791 vits=4 log=4 CI<CO=4 CI<250<CO=3 Tumble & Shadow 5=4 mfp=4 outside=4 up hill=4
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3 =0 rx= dance= clean 30 mins=1.5
    mnthly: board mtg= grant= 20for20=0
    bonus: AF=3 play=0 sew=0
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Faetta: I’m sorry the climate didn’t work out well for your Alberta Spruce trees. Are there any pines or fir trees that would be happier in your climate and grow relatively slowly? Potting them would likely limit their growth., which might work out for your situation-–or not. :star: Can a juniper be shaped into a Christmas Tree?

Heather: Thanks for the quotation on being happy by Dodinsky. Choosing what to accept and what to let go is harder than anyone might think. :flowerforyou:

Today was a good day. We finished putting Christmas decorations up and are done with everything but bringing our Christmas tree inside. That will happen in a week or two. I did some other errands, too. It is relatively early, but I’m ready for rest.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    (((Allie))): Thinking of you!!! I hope every day is better and better. :heart:

Katla
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited December 2020
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

Allie - I told my husband I feel like an old truck some days, where once one thing goes wrong, it seems like something else goes wrong every time you drive it. He patted me on the head, and said, "Don't worry, I won't trade you in a new model." I get no sympathy around here... :wink: Hope you're feeling better this morning!

Katie - The hand does not look like it's any fun at all...

Heather - Loved the picture of Max on your son's shoulders placing the star!

Barbara AHMOD
    - Glad your library's still available... even if in limited fashion. I have found I just genuinely can't read traditional books anymore. Between the backlit screen and the ability to adjust the font size to a comfortable reading space, I'm pretty much stuck with my Kindle or My fire tablet...

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • Machka9
    Christmas decorations done, I think! I'll post some photos later. It's a bit different from what we've done in previous years but I like it! :)

I also did some dusting and tidying and vacuumed the floor.

And I finished the prep for the event tomorrow.

Off to bed early so I can get some sleep before the event tomorrow.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,193 Member
    edited December 2020
    Barbara - Of course, you are right about the time! Silly me. Oooops. I had drunk a couple of glasses of red wine to go with my pizza. ;) Yes, 8 hours behind, so you will have to be up early at 7 am. Are you an early riser? It's the 24th. What a great way to start the day! What I like about the timing here is that the service starts in the light and the dusk gradually descends, so it finishes in the early darkness. If you have Christmas lights up it can be quite magical.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx