WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Tina – (((HUGS))) I wish there was something I could do. It seems that our governor just made a restriction that you can’t be out between 10 pm and 5am. This affects Food Lion a little bit since they are open until 11, but one hour isn’t much. Wonder what’ll happen to Jess’ flight into Charlotte? It’s due to be in around 11. You know something, just to be ornery what I should do is go to the food kitchen and help with the candy making. They’re supposed to be there until 10. Well, by the time I’d be getting home, it would be after 10.

Michele NC
    Who is feeling tired so may lay down for a bit

Thanks. I wish there was something someone could do. It seems if you don't have COVID or aren't bleeding to death right in front of the doctors, you cannot get help right now.

We have had a stay at home from 10-5am for a few weeks, but it doesn't affect us at all.

Tina
  • sh0tzz99
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments.

Tina wish a case could be made that your situation qualifies as emergency/essential and not “elective”. Is there no one who can advocate for you?

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    December: better than November.
    daily: sit with Joe: 6, weigh: 8, steps>5505=7666 vits=8 log=8 CI<CO=8 CI<250<CO=7 Tumble & Shadow 5=8 mfp=8 outside=8 up hill=8
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3 =0 rx= dance= clean 30 mins=1.5
    mnthly: board mtg= grant= 20for20=0
    bonus: AF=5 play=0 sew=0

I think it should be considered essential. It's wearing me down physically and definitely emotionally, even faster. They can even do it outpatient, but so far, there is no help. I am really worried about my shortness of breath and heart rate. I was fit before this and I hope it doesn't have effects on that forever...I just think it might.

Thanks for the concern.

Tina
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    mbfink2018 wrote: »
    Hello! I am new here but naturally not new at the whole weight loss game. Looking to connect with other ladies who feel as I do - I hate how I look, nothing in the past has really worked for me and I am really tired of saying "Ok here we go again!". So I am working on a whole new attitude! One filled with gratitude.
    I don't like how I look, true. But, overall I am healthy, still employed and my family is safe from the virus _ so far.
    So life is not perfect or great right now, but it is still pretty good!

I am interested in hearing tips of how to stay active without having to get lots of expensive equipment and what exercise videos you all recommend.

Thank you in advance - I'm excited to be here!
    MB

Hi MB and welcome!

I have never been one for exercise equipment. I do a special workout right after I get up in the AM. I incorporate extra exercise throughout the day. Example: While I am waiting for the next cooking step, I do HIGH LEG LIFTS. I also do pushups using the counter. I walk back and forth in the kitchen doing my FAE SASHAY routine. While sitting here in my comfy chair, I am lifting a full 1.5-liter bottle of wine resting on my feet And lower legs working my abs as I go from the floor to straight out keeping my legs straight. When I do 50 full reps, I pour myself a glass from another bottle already opened. It is surprising how we can do little things throughout the day. While sitting at your desk do leg lifts. Be careful to keep abs tight and back straight. Do a lot of outside walking. Be inventive! Here is my early AM workout and maybe it will give you ideas. I do things to relieve the tunnel syndromes that plague me. This site has great apps that many find helpful.

Fae Sas She workout

3 AM - Full 15 minutes of Fae She
    Slow precise moves based on
    martial arts disciplines

3:15 - Full pilate/yoga style workout
    As listed below

Down on all four.
    60 reps of the Downward Sprawled Frog scissor cross for abs. Alternate legs each rep. Keep abs tight.
    30 reps each side of the Side Flying Eagle with wrist and arm-twist and feet pointed to release tunnel syndromes. Alternate sides each rep. Hold each rep 3 seconds.
    30 reps each side before switching sides of the Dipping Waist Twisted Iguana to help align the spine and build abs while reducing waist fat roll.
    60 reps alternating leg each rep of the Kicking Frog for leg strength and aerobic benefit.

Up on feet.
    30 reps Working Girl Kitchen Counter Pushups to build chest and arm muscles and keep biceps toned.
    60 reps Defiant Girl High Steps with super hip action.
    30 reps of the Fae Sas for waist flexibility. 1 rep is
    a 15-foot slow walk on the ball of the foot as if wearing
    heels with exaggerated hip action to each side (sashay).
    15 reps of the Bra Buster which is taking a deep breath and then extending the chest out to the max while wearing a tight compression sports bra. Hold each breath with max chest expansion for 3 seconds.

Lots of ladies on this thread with varied ideas and each and everyone has great ideas to consider. Lots of great videos and I suggest watching several and finding ones that appeal to you. My secret is to incorporate more movement into your daily routine. Never drive where you can walk. Don't use a laundry basket to carry folded clothes in one trip. Make 10 trips instead. That kind of thing.
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    US Postal Service: I am very concerned that two things that I ordered have not been delivered even though the tracking says they were in Atlanta almost a week ago. One is my granddaughter's Christmas dress that I get her every year and the other is my BnL's fruit cake from the Collins Street Bakery in Texas. :/:(

Carol in GA

Carol,

I feel for you about your packages for Christmas.
    A few months ago I had two separate orders from different stores on different days that showed they were sitting in some location for a long time. One sat there for a month and I called the store a few times. One was a seller on Amazon who said she would contact Amazon to find out what happened. She never called me back. So I called the seller again and she said she never had that problem. I called the delivery companies but they could not tell me anything. My orders never arrived. I remember one order was spider spray that I ordered from Home Depot. I canceled both orders and got my money back. My assumption is that someone stole my items because there was no trail after they sat in the same place for weeks and over a month. No tracking information past that point. Weird.

charsuzy
    Washington state, US
  • charsuzy
    edited December 2020
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Hi ladies just popping in! I've been extremely busy. Reading but not commenting! Hugs and prayers to all that need them.

I guess I would count a kettlebell as exercise equipment. Love the results! Intermittent fasting can help people get over a plateau. Sounds like several people are finding that an issue. I still attempt to eat 19:5 which means 19 hours of fasting with a 5-hour window of eating. I also eat late night so my window usually starts around 3:00 p.m.. Another thing that has worked well for me is a low-carb bordering on keto diet. I find that carbs and fat and protein are not equal! I lose weight quicker on a low-carb diet.

Have a great day everyone!

<3 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

Mary,

It's good to hear how others are doing. Thanks for sharing a few things that help with your weight! I too am an intermittent faster on the 16:8 schedule. I used to fast every day but now do a fast every few weeks. I eat late as my last meal since I work until midnight which is a very hard schedule. When I eat later than midnight because I haven't gone to bed yet I find I don't lose weight when I weigh myself the next day.

I have resorted to drinking chicken or beef broth at night to help stave off any cravings and that helps. I also have frozen green beans and broccoli in my freezer to microwave with a tad of olive oil, salt and pepper, maybe a sprinkle of parmesan cheese to help fill me up. I also use psyllium husk in a drink of some kind which expands in my tummy to make me feel full.

I recently lost a few pounds doing this but then I crunched on low-fat snacks, counting my calories at the same time, feeling like I had to eat. It makes sense; I had gone without dinner a few nights. But being ready to fend off the urge to eat is something I do. I check online for snacks to be prepared - well prepared!

I hope people are finding ways to break the plateaus they find themselves on and share them here! 💗💥💪

Fae

Thanks for sharing some of your exercises and for your inspiration! I like how people share their experiences here which helps me get insight on something that may feel so personal to share. I love the fact that we are so supportive (usually) here. Lots of nice people :) The honesty and sharing our struggles and steps we are taking are motivating and keeps me coming back! 💗🎈💥

charsuzy
    Washington state, US
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Heather: Exercise equipment was great for me at the health club, but it has been shut down for the time being. I have an exercise tryke in the garage and have it set for a good level of resistance. I work had for 30 minutes and then go about my day. It doesn’t have the calorie counter, but I set a timer. It works well enough. Sometimes I read a book while I ride. :ohwell:

Pip: A day on the beach sounds like a good idea for Yogi and you. :bigsmile:

Mary from AZ & MN: Good to hear from you!!! :flowerforyou:

Tina: Every state & county seem to be making their own rules. I’m sorry you’re having a hard time. :cry:

Allie: I’m happy to see your post. I’m amazed how fast they had you up & walking. I think walking is likely the best exercise for most of us. :heart:

Charsuzy in WA: I have monthly resolutions that serve me well. Perhaps one of them may help your situation or spark an idea for you. I've posted them below. The last one is harder for me than others. :embarassed:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

December 2020 Resolutions

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on strength and stamina.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least 3 glasses of water a day.
    5. Monitor sleep. Average 7 or more hours nightly.
    6. Abstain from alcohol.
  • sh0tzz99
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    US Postal Service: I am very concerned that two things that I ordered have not been delivered even though the tracking says they were in Atlanta almost a week ago. One is my granddaughter's Christmas dress that I get her every year and the other is my BnL's fruit cake from the Collins Street Bakery in Texas. :/:(

Carol in GA

My postal carriers misdeliver our items all the time. If they leave it at a neighbor's, I eventually get it. However, there have been times I never received it; one being a paycheck.

Tina
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    hey ladies, husband and I just got done dropping eldest Navy son to his squadron. He's just going down with 7 others to San Diego to put together a helicopter. They're staying at a nice hotel, and each have their own rooms. I guess the Navy has plans for them at Christmas time. I am sure the base there will make sure they get a nice meal, and hopefully some COVID appropriate activities. I made him a huge turkey sandwich which he had for "breakfast" so he doesn't have to scrounge for food en route to San Diego. I don't think flights feed people anymore right? Airport food is so expensive anyway....
    I miss him already. The last two nights we have been palling around, me watching him play a really cool environmental, atmospheric PC game. Lots of hunting, checking out items, and wandering. One was called, "The Remains of Edith Finch". Crazy detail, and because its set on Cambridge Island here in Washington, many items were geographically appropriate. Another was called "The Unfinished Swan" where you have to throw black paint balloons everywhere to get a sense of the scenery. Brilliantly drawn. One part your balloons are water, and at one point you have to "feed" a vine, so it will grow, so you can climb places.

Meanwhile my husband is skipping around the house singing..... Living without a room mate has made him giddy. :-)

Hugs
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

ps. I am sorry you fell Barbie, glad you're feeling better. CAREFUL <3
  • sh0tzz99
    Options
    Hi ladies. Another slow cold day here. I had some hot chocolate with fiber mixed in. Very filling, but not the best nutrition. I'm somehow back at the top end of my weight. Such a struggle. I plan on twelve minutes of marching later.

I'm rethinking my music for exercise. Does anybody use Pandora? I prefer to pick a genre, like classic rock, and let the app pick the artists.

(((Tina))) and (((Allie))) and whoever else needs them!

Annie in Delaware

I use Pandora and choose an artist I like and then select the station for that artist or genre--like 80's Rock or Bruno Mars station and it plays a variety.

Tina
  • Katla49
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Rebecca: We looked for Cambridge Island in Washington and didn't find it on the map. There is a Camano Island. It was the closest we could come. Where is Cambridge Island??? I'd like to find it on our map.

Katla
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rebecca: We looked for Cambridge Island in Washington and didn't find it on the map. There is a Camano Island. It was the closest we could come. Where is Cambridge Island??? I'd like to find it on our map.

Katla

Katla the video game takes place on Orca Island.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    We are having a Waitrose delivery tomorrow. It's the last one before Christmas as the later slots were booked out weeks ago. We have masses of food in the house! I can pick up veggies, milk and bread locally, and we are not catering for others for Christmas, so I think we will be fine. I found the brown shrimps I was looking for to go with the Dover Sole. :D
    The AF wine was sold out, but I found the one I like on Amazon. 6 bottles coming tomorrow. I'm hoping to mull a bottle for our pre - Christmas garden get together with the family.

Hoping to Zoom with Edie on Friday about her quiz on Roman toilets and sanitation. :D:o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Options

Katla[/

oopsy, I got it wrong the story take place on Orcas Island. :-)
    Rebecca

(who needs to study up on Washington history, and places. :-)
  • charsuzy
    edited December 2020
    Options

Charsuzy in WA: I have monthly resolutions that serve me well. Perhaps one of them may help your situation or spark an idea for you. I've posted them below. The last one is harder for me than others. :embarassed:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

December 2020 Resolutions

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on strength and stamina.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least 3 glasses of water a day.
    5. Monitor sleep. Average 7 or more hours nightly.
    6. Abstain from alcohol.

Katla

Those look like good resolutions and I'm having problems drinking plain water, yuk! It is so BORING yet I know it's good for us!

Thank you for sharing your list - they look great! I already abstain from alcohol. I don't like my mind being under the influence; I'm already having problems with it, HA HA! Have a good day! 💗💪

charsuzy
    WA state, US

• Whidislander
    Options
    Faetta wrote: »

Katla

Katla the video game takes place on Orca Island.

You are correct! My bad. The company that produces it puts out some amazing work! It's Emulsion graphics, so much to look at and take in. :-)
  • Katla49
    Options
    Linda in Northern Ontario: It is great to see you! Post when you can. :star: