NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @cbabie Hooray for your walks. Parts of Rudolph? I hope you stream it again for ggd to watch all of it. Plus Frosty. My favorite.

@teresaw1020 Yes you are correct. The food will still be there.

@trooworld I got 50%. I've had headaches the past couple of days but my bp has spiked for some reason. I haven't been eating any unusual salty thing or very stressed. I dont know. I'm just keeping an eye on it.

@renaegry Yaay for the weight loss. Good to see you. Just keep following your plan and you will get to your 143.

December weekly goals:

# glasses of water 25/42
    # OP days 3/7
    # preplanned days 5/7
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @renaegry Congrats on the loss, that's awesome! You and I have similar goals, I dream about hitting 145 again- my lowest was 130 but that was 100% not sustainable (and more realistically I'll end up around 150).

@trooworld So sorry to hear about your migraine, those are the worst!

@TeresaW1020 Sadly my grandma lives almost 4 hours away so I only get to see her a few times a year. Going to a wedding in Florida sounds like a dream, I bet you'll look amazing and have a great time.

@cbabie I absolutely love holiday movies and looking at lights, what a fun day! And you seem like a calm under pressure person, that is a valuable skill to have!

@theslightedgeforever I totally get the stress on the body comment. I worry about heart disease in the future for my raised cortisol levels. I do a lot of physical activity but I don't know if any amount would counteract the amount of stress I'm under.

I was having a hard mental time after work yesterday so I ended up going on an almost two hour walk around the neighborhood looking at holiday lights. I hope it's a mild winter so I can continue to do so through January and February. This morning I woke up raring to go and got a great burn in with an upper body weightlifting workout. Tonight I think I'm going to do the same thing and walk the holiday lights after work. It felt so good and refreshing and I felt more in the moment than I have in awhile. It was very meditative.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all..we have heat!! Yay! I did end up opening quite a few windows, but not really because scared of germs. Not sure what he was doing, maybe soldering something. Got real stinky & the smoke detectors were going off, lol. So aired it out for 2 reasons, lol.

@renaegry Welcome back. Congrats on the loss.

@TeresaW1020 I have chili & corn muffins in the frig, too. I put so many beans in mine, tho, it definitely is not low carb. I am trying to up my fiber intake, all the more reason to up my water, too. I know you'll do great before you go to Florida, you are determined.

@theslightedgeforever Hope your dd stays safe. Sight seeing sounds fun, just not right now!! I think everyone is getting so tired of the pandemic, but we still need to be careful. Hope your BP goes back down.

@trooworld Sorry about your migraine. I used to get them almost "monthly", but since menopause, I rarely have them. I can't even remember the last one I had, lol. Hope your "sloth" gets busy or Christmas will be here. Can't believe it is only 2 1/2 weeks away! Dh would be just as happy if I didn't put any decorations up, but I love Christmas lights and snowmen! Couldn't find some of my decorations, finally last tub had a bunch of snowman stuff that I left up after Christmas. Its OK to do that in IA..we still have snow for awhile, lol.

When we were at Sam's I got a big jar of Christmas color peanut M&M's. (I know, I shouldn't have, but they look so cute in my glass Christmas tree jar.) & I can't really sneak them, they make too much noise coming out of the jar. :D

@cbabie Glad you are walking with baby looking at lights. We used to watch Rudolph & Frosty. Now I watch all the cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies.

@mswatson0777 I am glad you are getting the exercise to balance all the mental stress, but exercise is a stress, too, & will raise cortisol, so hope you don't overdo it. Have fun with your Grandma. When we were kids, we lived about 4 hours from my grandparents, so we hardly saw them. Glad you are able to go more. I think that's part of the reason we drive to Ok as much as we do.

Well, not much more for now. Should be a nice day so may go for a walk later. Tomorrow is supposed to be 60!!

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, well I still haven't gotten on the scale. So we will see. LOL. I did go for 2 walks yesterday. So movement is always good. Ate yogurt and banana instead of ice cream last night. Trying little changes to keep going forward. Doesn't mean I won't eat ice cream, means when I can eat something else and be satisfied..go for it. Just like I know I will NEVER give up PB. That would require rehab. LOL. Baby girl is watching happy feet..I love watching her dance to it.

@renaegry so glad to see you pop in. Great job on dropping in the weight. Yes, I am like you , I need about 20 lbs to be where I would like to be again...LOL 15 of it I swear is in my belly.

@TeresaW1020 Yes let someone else do the party next year, so you can relax and enjoy. I will try to find my DD chili recipe and post for you..she has to eat gluten.

@trooworld So sorry about the headache...oh yea I used to get them so bad, not sure how I really drove home and made it safely. I am so glad you feel better today.

Cbabie
  • cbabie
    @RetiredAndLovingIt I am so glad you got heat. I could never buy those M&M's. I would have eaten them all, noise or no noise. LOL

@mswatson0777 So glad you took that walk. I hope you get good weather too. I really find it refreshing and shaking off all the depression.

@theslightedgeforever please keep me posted on bp...worries big sister. I got the Low BP from mom..LOL. I could only find Rudolph on You tube and they skipped all the snowman, etc. I don't own it, you would think I would right? LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,788 Member
    @renaegry Hello, it's nice to see you! Congrats on the weight drop.

@theslightedgeforever I got about 10% yesterday: I got really busy with work and didn't think about drinking water all day. :( That's weird about your bp. I hope it goes down.

@mswatson0777 Yes! I hate having migraines. Your walk sounds so relaxing, I love to walk and look at the Christmas lights! I'm glad you enjoyed it and that it helped.

@RetiredAndLovingIt Yay for heat! Thanks, yes, I get them a lot of times when the barometric pressure changes. I hope my sloth gets busy, too! He picked up a box yesterday and put it back down. I guess he's thinking about getting going lol. I'll probably leave my decorations up until at least New Year's Day. That's funny about the M&Ms. ;)

@cbabie Get on it, you might be pleasantly surprised! Weigh-ins are a crapshoot. Yay for 2 walks and yogurt. You don't have to give up PB, just eat less of it. Thank you re: headache. I had to drive 35 miles home with it, with the sun shining brightly, it was awful but I made it safely.

Hello all. I was really busy with work yesterday and felt so worn out that we ended up ordering food delivery. That's the bad thing about living in a city: you can get anything delivered. :( I got a sandwich and chips. We are thinking about getting a 2021 Prius, they are having a good interest rate program right now. We would trade in our current Prius if we did, it's a 2012. I'm trying to convince my husband it's a good idea. I made a pros and cons list: I have about 20 things on the pros side and 2 or 3 things on the cons side lol. I just have to get him to look at it now. ;)

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:
    - track 90% of food intake
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld Well it sounds like getting a new car is a good idea with all the pros you have listed. Do you think your DH will get on board and agree with you? :)

@cbabie I’ve been working on the same attitude that you are having with food. We can always choose to eat whatever we want. We just choose not to eat it right now. I’m sure the scale will be good to you once you decide to get on it! :grin:

@RetiredAndLovingIt I’m glad to read that you will have heat for the upcoming cold months. One of the things I love most about having my screened-in porch is the ability to air out my house quickly. I also added some beans to my chili, but just one can. Fiber is important! :)

@mswatson0777 I’m hoping the wedding in Florida will be fun. With the rise of COVID again it’s hard to predict what February will be like. I drove down to Florida this past March to pick up my mom and COVID was so new that the only thing I worried about was making sure to wash my hands really well. Now, I’m hoping to find a cute mask to match the dress that I will wear. What workout program are you doing? I made my own combo calendar using 80DO and Barre Blend. :)

Good morning! DH and I slept in to 7:30 am. I guess we needed the extra rest. Now I need to get going and do my workout and clean the house before it gets out of hand. I’m making meatloaf, sauteed spinach, and homemade mashed cauliflower for dinner. I’m excited! :)
  • mswatson0777
    @RetiredandLovingIt I'm so glad you go to visit the Grandkids so much. The Grandparent/Grandchild relationship is such a special one, my Grandma truly is one of my favorite people. I'm jealous of your 60 degree weather, this is crazy for December! I promise I'm not overdoing it on the exercise front. I usually do 30-40 minutes 5 days a week of more high intensity and then I walk the dogs a lot. Compared to my activity level pre-covid I look downright lazy.

@cbabie I tried giving up peanut butter once and going to PB2...it did not go well... Way to go swapping out ice cream for a healthier more filling treat!

@trooworld Getting a new car is always so tempting! (I'm guessing the monthly payment is the downside? lol). I've got a 2011 Corolla that I'm going to drive into the ground because I hate that extra monthly payment! Was the sandwich delicious and worth the extra calories?

@TeresaW1020 I do love that masks are now a fashion statement! I wear crazy patterns (my clothes are usually solid colors) so they've been my 2020 fashion statement. For workouts, I'm doing a bit of everything. I love 80 Day Obsession, Core de Force, and 21 Day Fix. I also add in some old school Tony Horton because I find him hilarious!

I legitimately spent the first hour of today thinking it was Thursday, and was so bummed when I realized I'm still 3 days away from the weekend. I also misplaced my coffee mug for a good 15 minutes so I'm on a roll.

The weather is absolutely beautiful today, so of course I have a lunch meeting and an after work hours meeting *sigh*. I did get the dogs out before work after my workout so at least I got to experience a touch of the good weather. It's really hard to stay motivated on days like today.

• cbabie
    Morning all, I finally did get the scale fixed and got on and lost .4, so we will see what next Monday brings. LOL. No walk yesterday, it was a lazy day. I enjoyed it, got 2 chapters in my book read. I made this quick and easy dinner...I am sure it was not diet friendly, but it was good and quick. "canned chicken and rice. only 3 ingredients and done in 20 min. It was a hit here. Well I am going to go see my oldest today, DH has to work on granddaughters car. So maybe a walk tonight.LOL

@TeresaW1020 Your dinner sounds yummy except the spinach..LOL. Yea on the sleep our bodies know what we need.

@trooworld I hope you DH listens to your pros and cons. LOL I watch my neighbors get delivery food all the time LOL. My DH is too cheap, he will go pick up.

@mswatson0777 I had to laugh at your comment about that extra payment..I am the same, we ALWAYS had new cars almost every year, but for sure every 2 years. That's when you could claim the interest on your taxes..LOL. My car is a 2003 and we are hoping it will make it 2. more years. We just had to put some money in it to pass emissions and paid for 2 years on the tags.. who knows. LOL. I used to eat PB2 all the time, until I found out it effects your liver the way the processing was done. So Jif for real!!!!

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @mswatson0777 Good for you for taking your walk. I bet the cold air was refreshing in a way. It's great to just to escape the pressures of life for a moment.

@retiredandlovingit Chili sounds good. I think I'll make that this weekend. Fiber is one of the things I want to increase also. My ideal mealplan is fruits, veggies, and beans with occasional meat. oh plus dairy. I love my dairy. Have you been doing your walking? I remember my oldest ds's first year of college in IA. It was graduation week and they were still having some temps in the 30's. I kept saying don't they have springtime? lol Glass Christmas tree jar: :D I don't like the peanut ones so they would stay there a long time.

@cbabie Hooray for eating something instead of ice cream. I'm taking my bp three times a day to keep a close eye on it. I purposely did not buy Doritos or anything else salty today. usually I can eat those and it doesn't bother me. Don't know what is currently wrong right now. I blame menopause. lol It's the bane of my existence right now. I'm thinking what will I eat when I have the munchies. I guess it will be dry Raisin Bran. Good for you for your loss on the scale. I'm hoping for at least 0.6 this week. That's my current goal. Maybe you and dd could take a walk next time you visit her. It's too easy to put it off.

@trooworld I got 100%. I love a Prius. My kids think I'm nuts. I think it's just so cute. So what exercise are you currently doing to keep the blood pumping through your body. Funny thing just happened. I was typing out pumping and I wrote pumpkin. I guess I'm still in the pumpkin mood.

@teresaw1020 Yes, I have the same thoughts: Eat what I want just work it all in. Your dinner sounded yummy.

So big announcement I keep forgetting to tell you all. My dh decided to retire. I guess he's been enjoying staying home since March. I tell him that's why my bp is up :D He says you need to quit stressing about things. I said, Then quit stressing me out. lol

December weekly goals:

# glasses of water 6/42,
    Week 1 # glasses of water 25/42,

# OP days 1/7,
    Week 1 # OP days 3/7

# preplanned days 1/7,
    Week 1 # preplanned days 5/7

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Quick pop in. Just got home from fitness class. Was a rare evening that we had no where to be tonight. Got in a good burn.
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 I think it's a good idea but he's pretty much shot me down now. :( Your dinner last night sounds amazing!

@mswatson0777 Yeah, that monthly payment is what is causing my husband and I to but heads lol. Yes, the sandwich was delicious, and worth it! Oh my, I hate it when I think it is later in the week than it is. Good news: today is Thursday! :D I hear you about not being able to be motivated on nice days. I feel that way, too, and our weather has been really nice lately.

@cbabie Yay! Congrats on the loss. Sounds like you had a great day yesterday. He did not agree with me on the car, he's still thinking though. We are just lazy enough to order food delivery lol!

@theslightedgeforever Wow, that's great. I, again, got about 10%. I am going to do better today. I love a Prius, too lol. I know a lot of people think they are ugly, but they have really good features and save money on gas. I'm walking with my husband and dog on the weekends (sometimes). Not much else. Nothing wrong with being in a pumpkin mood lol. Congrats to your DH! How do you feel about it?

@renaegry What kind of fitness class do you go to?

Hello all. I tracked yesterday for the first time all week. I was way over on daily points but I tracked.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:
  • mswatson0777
    @trooworld Way to track!!! I need to get back at that too. I can tell I'm starting to add bites and tastes here and there and need to reign it in again

@theslightedgeforever Exciting news!!! Do you and he have any fun plans for post-pandemic retirement adventures??? Is it weird having him around the house all the time with the pandemic?

@cbabie I had no idea pb2 messes with your liver! Diet food is seriously the worst! And I love that you're 2003 is still going strong, my goal is to get my car to 250,000 miles so I'm hopeful mine will also be quite old by the time I retire it. Also, easy dinners are seriously the best.

My fall classes are officially done so now all I have to focus on is my dissertation (and work) until mid-January!!! My calendar is also not overwhelming today so I'll actually be able to catch up on some work projects.

Last night I ended up going over calories since a friend dropped off some homemade macaroons. They were incredible and definitely worth it. I love it when I go over due to a "worth it" indulgence and not mindless bingey calories.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @renaegry Yaaay on your burn. I love days when I have nothing to do. Sometimes it's fun to just sit and chill.

@trooworld So shoot for at least 25% today. Sorry about the car. Maybe it's just the timing and the uncertainty of the future right now. When things are better he might feel different. I got 100% I used to fear his retirement but having him home since March eased me into it. Plus I've learned to set my boundaries. That helps. Can you ride your bike for 5 min a day? Hooray for tracking. One day at a time.

@mswatson0777 My hubby has plans to go visit the kids and stay a bit with them once things get better. The kids are like, uh ........... :D He also wants to do a cross country trip in an RV. I'm like uh........... I say, just let's get through this pandemic first and then we'll make some plans. The biggest thing is that I'm a "routine" person and he is "spontaneous". So we're trying to figure out how to meet in the middle. I just listened to a podcast yesterday about this subject. I could meet my goals if it weren't for others. lol

I lost 2.8 lbs this week.

December weekly goals:

# glasses of water 12/42,

# OP days 2/7,
    Week 1 # OP days 3/7

# preplanned days 2/7,
  • cbabie
    Morning all, it's raining here. We will see if we go out for a walk. It will clear the dust...so yea. Didn't do a whole lot yesterday, went to see oldest DD, came home and nothing really. Made dinner and just played with baby girl. LOL. Well it's raining again. So maybe video's LOL

@theslightedgeforever LOL I too am a routine person, but lately no routine.. I can just see the kids..I gagged on the dry Raisin Bran. I love Raisin Bran, but gotta have milk, I can even do no sugar..but gotta have milk.

@trooworld Well if he is still thinking about it...LOL. Yea on the tracking.

@mswatson0777 Glad your class is done. Maybe now you can enjoy this season in your life. I say yes to going over for something that is worth it...Not just mindlessly eating candy corn. LOL. AS I would do....

Cbabie
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    @trooworld its just out local fitness class. Usually only 3-5 people. Ran more like a boot camp. Do some strength exercises then usually some cardio. Go for about 30 minutes. Then 15 min of abs and cool down.

@theslightedgeforever congrats on the lose.

Busy day after school. Daughter has competitive gymnastics from 4:15-8:15 (40 min away). And my son has hockey 9-10 (1 hour away). So it’s going to be one of those days where daughter needs to leave early run home. Pick up the boy then get into hockey. Also my truck is in the shop (needs a new transfer case) but I have a loner vehicle. It should be done this afternoon so may have to try to adjust my schedule to run and get it (30 min away). Sucks when you live in a small community and you have to travel for everything. Hope everyone has a good day
  • trooworld
    edited December 2020
    @mswatson0777 Yeah, tracking is key for me. It took a push from people, but I am back to tracking! Homemade macaroons...those sound amazing and definitely worth it!

@theslightedgeforever I got 50% yesterday only because at 3pm, I realized I was doing it again so I grabbed a tumbler full of water and drank it. Yeah, he's thinking of the money we'd save by not having a car payment. Good on you for that 100%! Well done! I don't want to ride the bike at all but maybe I can do a YouTube video for 5 minutes. Congrats on your loss, that is awesome! :D

@cbabie It looked like it was going to rain here but it didn't. Maybe the rain will be good for your allergies? Yeah, I think he's made up his mind despite my best efforts. :D

Hello all. I made a nice Mexican Lentil Soup for dinner last night. No meat in it. It was very good. It was supposed to be made on the stove and I decided to put it in my Ninja Foodi for the pressure cooker setting. It is pictured below without avocado, cheese or tortilla strips. Here the stovetop recipe, if you are interested: https://www.cookingclassy.com/mexican-lentil-soup/

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:

zc7r3su4s2cv.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    I’m on my phone. My computer doesn’t turn on again. 🙄 I’m charging my sons laptop.

December weekly goals:

# glasses of water 18/42,

# OP days 3 /7,
    Week 1 # OP days 3/7

# preplanned days 3/7,

• trooworld
    edited December 2020
    @theslightedgeforever That sucks. What is keeping you from being OP?

Hi all again. I thought I would share two pictures of things I have made with my Cricut. The glass says "Det. (detective) Sniffles Assistant". We call my dog Detective Sniffles when he starts farting around outside, sniffing things...we say he's on a case! LOL The other picture is of gift tags I made. I should have used spray adhesive but I used a glue stick and that kind of shows.

xmy4sqju2zg5.jpg
    351i4lxv5dsy.jpg
  • mswatson0777
    @theslightedgeforever I got a huge laugh at your kids reactions to their Dad staying for an extra long time. We're the same way where we like short visits. RVing for a year sounds fun though (but I definitely fall into the adventurous/impulsive travel personality bucket so that may be why!)

@cbabie Sorry to hear it's a rainy day. And sadly I've got so much dissertation work that it's not much of a break, but it's one less thing on my plate which is nice.

@renaegry I hate those endless errand days, I hope it goes by fast

@trooworld That glass is adorable, how funny!! And I love lentil soups so that looks fantastic! So hearty and filling!

Happy Friday All! I might be MIA while I'm at my Grandma's, but I'll try to make good choices. I ended up working out six days this week instead of five so my body is ready for a break.

This is definitely another day of struggling to focus at work, but at least I'm off at noon! I'm all packed and ready to run out the door once it's time.