NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @cbabie Yay for no sugar! Eh, I'm feeling a better today (so far) and I didn't cough much last night so there's that.

@TrishasTime I did not go in yesterday. We earn them, something like 1.5 hrs for every so many weeks worked...I don't remember how much honestly. It's pretty stingy. Every US company is different. My company gives both sick time and vacation time, some US companies just give what is called "PTO" (Paid Time Off) which you can use either for sick or for vacation. But mine separates it out. Unfortunately, as of Friday at 2:00 p.m., I was out of both sick and vacation time so I must go back to work on Monday. :( CONGRATS ON THE LOSS!!! Way to go! You are intentionally working your program and it is working!

@TeresaW1020 I am starting to feel better. I thought I would go to the doctor yesterday but I thought I'd wait until Sunday and go to urgent care if I needed but I don't think I'll need to go. I'm glad you seem to be liking IF so far. Keep us posted!!! I can't believe you didn't eat for 18 hours, wow, I am in awe! Of course, cbabie does that and I'm always in awe of her too! :)

@its_cleo I would love to work from home but that is not an option for my job. Yes, it sucks to use vacation time when you are sick. :( I'm sorry you are in an up-in-the-air situation, I hope the new boss doesn't change things for you. That's great you were running! I am a slow runner, too. I don't do it anymore because I don't want the excess weight I carry to hurt my knees...it is very bad on your knees if you are as overweight as I am. Have a great weekend, too! :)

Hi all. I have hopes that I will beat this cold yet! lol My husband is coming down with it full force now. He's not happy. I treated myself to grocery delivery today, I just need to pick up the produce from the produce store. It costs $8 for them to deliver the groceries and I suppose I'll have to give them a tip, but it's saving me time and my time and sanity are worth more than $8 + tip.

EMPOWERED.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @trooworld How are you feeling today? It's good for your body to rest if you can. I like buttered noodles too.

@cbabie Good for you for another no sugar day

@TrishasTime Your circles of achievement sounds like a good way to keep active. I need more activity in my life on the weekends. I'm reading a book for bookclub about a guy who lived in the woods for 27 years away from everyone. True story. That's a bit too much slice of heaven for me. Eventually, I'd have to go knocking on tent and cabin doors and inviting myself over for tea. lol

I'll finish this later. My dd always calls me on Saturday and I need to get my water ready. She hates it when I say, hang on while I get something to drink. lol She says can't you do that before I call? I call the same time every Saturday.

Friday: Stayed within my food boundaries. 67 min of exercise. Water goal met. Journal done. Big sticker day.

16946213.png
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    GM everyone

@theslightedgeforever – How do you separate your step goal from your exercise? If you are wearing your fitbit does it not count the steps as well or do you switch it to an activity on the watch? I ask because that is whatI used to do on my fitbit. High five for the big sticker day

@cbabie – Well done on no intentional sugar – baby steps are still going forward 😊. Here in in Aus – To be able to draw SS (pension) you have to have an assets test which exclude your home but take in the contents of your home, any cars, money in bank, superannuation, caravans, bikes etc etc. If all of those are worth more than $500K, then you are out of it. The really push you in superannuation so you can look after yourself and employers are forced to contribute as well. So where I work, I contribute 4% of my salary and my employer the value of contributes 10% into my superannuation

@Teresaw2010 – Yes there is a plan for everyone and you can see we are all trying different things. Remember there is no fail until you give up tyring 😊 By the time I added the ingredients which was butter, chicken livers, bay leaves, parsley, peppercorns, bacon and then port – truly it is cheaper to buy it already one but I wanted to do it. The best thing about it is that you can freeze it on portions 😊

@trooworld – Geez – not much give or take there about leave. In Aus – our basic working conditions have Sick and annual /lsl leave separate. You must get 4 weeks annual leave a year. Long service leave can be available after 7 or 10 years (that is dependant on the employer) Although Max they can drag it out is 10 years. I have a year of sick leave accrued (which if it is not used I lose when I leave the job). I have been in this job for 26 years and rarely take it. Exception is (hospital / surgery) and we do have a generous allocation each year.

@its_cleo – Congrats on the run. I find immediate leadership change unsettling as well. We have recently gone from a guy who is laid back and says hello to everyone each morning when he comes through to what I call a seagull manager. The sit away from you and then come in only to *kitten* on you and fly off again. I am truly struggling with this and it has changed my whole perspective of work. The upside of it is that I no longer work longer hours as I do not believe that it is a give/take (swings and merry go round) work culture anymore. So I really feel for you

Take care everyone

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Have you been keeping up with your health habits?

@TrishasTime yes on the Fitbit. Mine either records my exercise automatically after I’ve been doing it for 10 consecutive minutes. If I’m doing a cardio video then I set my Fitbit to workout mode. Or I set it to workout mode when I have a certain number of calories left to meet. I walk around until I hit that magic number. My steps include my exercise but they are a separate goal For me that’s my overall activity (although it doesn’t affect my stickers unless it’s a rest day)
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Yes I will repeat the 100 day challenge two more times this year. 365-300=65. So that’s where I came up with the magic number of 65. It’s broken down into 4 time periods. I won’t try to actively lose at this time just try and stay within a range. So I get to experiment with what kind of numbers I need to maintain. You know I love my numbers.

@its_cleo I don’t handle sudden change well either. I need time to process. An office supply store could have some stickers. I once got some there and they were hot pink yellow and lime green circles. The kind you use for garage sales. Oh maybe orange too. I used them like red yellow green. A stoplight. I have to build in baby steps to my goals. If I do a part of my overall goal I want credit. No all or nothing for me because I know then I won’t even try. A bookstore might have some. Oh if you have a hobby lobby store close. Or Amazon. Yaaay on staying in your calories. Take it day by day. One of my bucket list items is finish Couch to 5K plan.

@trooworld I agree on the grocery delivery. That’s one thing I don’t look forward to each week except that I know I will get lots of Fitbit steps in so I make sure I go on my exercise rest day. I don’t want to go without eating for 18 hrs either. You wouldn’t be in awe of me. Lol.

Stayed within food boundaries just barely. I did excellent portion control. Making each bite count of things I wanted. Only did 17 min walk so only a little sticker for me today. 😩. Water goal met. Journal done
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to check in really quick. I have to get ready for church. No sugar still....wanted something last night...ended up with PB and apple....

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I'm feeling better each day, thanks for asking. Buttered noodles are a thing from my childhood and I love them! What book are you reading for your book club? You are doing great with the challenge!!! LOL --> 18 hours of theslightedge not eating = ???

@gemwolf110 Hi!!!

@TrishasTime Unfortunately, I use my sick time on things like doctor's and dentist's appointments and when I get sick I don't have the time. :(

@cbabie pb and an apple was a great choice. High five!

Hi all. Hubby and I walked about a mile and back to get coffee yesterday and now my plantar fasciitis foot is KILLING ME. It hurts to walk on it. I have done stretches, have inserts, am icing it, and am about to take some anti-inflammatories. Ugh. I don't know how I'm going to do meal prep today. Speaking of meal prep, last night, I made the best chili I've ever made. Now, it's in the Instant Pot but I'm sure you could adapt this for the stove: https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2019/01/pressure-cooker-ground-beef-and-bean-chili.html

EMPOWERED.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @trooworld good luck with your foot, that sucks. I get it sometimes it's very frustrating. I was thinking of buying a slow cooker. Do you think I should get the instant pot instead? I want something I can do a lot with, and something easy lol.

@theslightedgeforever thanks for the sticker ideas. I will go on a hunt when I have time.

I went to the gym yesterday and tried something on a stability fall and fell right on my butt. I thought I would be sore today but it's not too bad- lots of padding I guess!

I'm going today to the gym to do some arm work and run on the treadmill since it's not good enough to go outside.

My weight is currently at its lowest- like it has fluctuated up and down since January, but always when I reach this point it spikes back up, usually because I overindulge. So I've done really well this last week to stay in my calorie limits. My goal is just to stay steady with it now for the next week. One challenging thing is my trainer says I'm not eating enough before my workouts with him. I really try but it's never enough, as my sessions with him are really hard workouts. I noticed I am less hungry if I eat more protein, so I am trying to jack up the protein but it's hard. I'm going to try to find some recipes for protein bars or muffins or something, but I never have the time to make something like that.

A little nervous about the week, bc I should find out what the management situation will be, but I'm sure it will be fine.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @cbabie Another no sugar day. It’s becoming a habit.

@gemwolf110 I’d rather have weird spring than cold winter. Lol. How’s your food?

@trooworld We’re reading The Stranger in the woods. About a guy who lived in the woods in Maine for 27 years. The thought that comes to mind when I think about me not eating 18 hrs is a quote from David Banner (hulk). You wouldn’t like me when Im hangry. 😂 I love chili

@its_cleo That’s great that your weight is at its lowest. Your plan is working. Mine is slowly creeping up for the last three days despite staying in my boundaries. It had better be sodium. But my overall plan is working. Hopefully you’ll know soon about your job.

I stayed within my food boundaries. Exercised 46 min. Water goal met journal done. Big sticker day.

• cbabie
    Options
    Checking in: another no sugar day...

@theslightedgeforever keep working your plan...it will work you. You are consistent and that is always a win!

@its_cleo great job on your weight. Protein always makes me eat better and keeps me more full...carbs put me to sleep and make me eat more carbs...lol

@trooworld I hope you find relieve in your foot...it’s a pain when my knee acts up!!!! Love buttered noodles.

@gemwolf110 In my book movement is exercise..your dogs keep your joint working..lol

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning! :)

@its_cleo, I LOVE my coffee too and can't believe that I have given up putting Truvia in mine and this morning I'm only putting like 1/2 tsp of cream. What I'm learning is how trained my tastebuds have been too sweet things and learning to enjoy flavors like coffee without it being sweet is a new thing for me! Good job on increasing your exercise! I've been working on that too. I would love to try jogging but my knees say no way! Maybe when I lose more weight. 45 minutes to do a 5K is awesome!! As for upping your protein have you tried Quest bars? They are very high in protein and super low in sugar. They are my favorite bar and only 4 to 5 points on WW. Microwaving for about 20 seconds is a game changer for them too! :)

@TrishasTime, Yeah you could buy it but making it from scratch I'm sure taste so much better! That is good that it freezes well. Now you can enjoy when you want to. :)

@theslightedegeforever, Ohhhh I get the 65 days now. I'm telling you that sometimes I'm truly not the brightest bulb in the box. :D:D I really like the idea of using the 65 days for maintenance time. Especially if we do it at the end of the year when all the holidays are here. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could enjoy ourselves and NOT put on weight? Let's do that!! B)

@trooworld, bummer about your plantar fasciitis acting up like that! Foot pain is the worst! Have you gone to an actual foot doctor? Might help if you haven't. Sorry hubby is sick too? How are you both feeling today? I've made chili in my Instant Pot and it always turns out great! :)

@cbabie, Yayyyy for no sugar!! I was sugar-free yesterday and will strive to be so today too. Since I have weigh-in tomorrow I better be good! ;)

The sky is blue and the sun is shining!! Ohhhh happy day!! B) I've got a ton of work to do today with this being the end of the month. Since I'm leaving early on Thursday to go see Gone With The Wind I will miss most of my Thursday. I'm so excited to go see the movie with my <3 . I'm still doing IF and trying not to think about being hungry. I plan to go at least 16 to 18 hours today. Right now I'm on hour 15. :o
  • trooworld
    Options
    @its_cleo Thanks, it seems to be okay after about an hour or two of waking up/warming up. It's just that first couple of hours of being up that sucks. I personally have both a slow cooker and and instant pot. The instant pot has a slow cooker function BUT I don't really use that function as I've heard it's not really that realiable/functions that well. I personally love my instant pot and use it all the time. Here is what I love about it: it's fast, I can put cheap, tough cuts of meat in it and it will make it edible in about 45 minutes vs. 3 hours in an oven vs. 8-10 hours in a crockpot; it's relatively easy to use but there is a learning curve: I've made everything from beef bourguignon to chicken taco meat in it and the only problems I run into is when there isn't enough liquid in recipes and it causes things to burn. Here is a link to a nice comparison of the two: https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/instant-pot-vs-slow-cooker/ Congrats on your weight being at its lowest!!!

@theslightedgeforever That sounds like an interesting book. Yeah, I feel the same way about not eating for 18 hours, I would turn into the Hulk too! :) I love chili as well...it's one of my favorite foods.

@cbabie Woot woot to no sugar!!! :D If I stay OFF my foot, I'm okay, but that's no way to live.

Hi all. Between my husband and I, we got most of the meal prep done yesterday...my husband is going to do the rest tonight. I started making beef stew at 8:00am yesterday and that helped to start early. I ran out of steam later in the day. This is what we are having this week:
    Ham Loaf (apparently, this is just a midwestern thing from my childhood but I enjoyed it very much) + scalloped potatoes
    Sweet Potato Beef Stew
    Shredded Chicken Tacos (Tinga de Pollo) + salad
    Spinach and Feta Turkey Meatballs + salad
    Korean Style Pork Chops + roasted asparagus

EMPOWERED.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

Just flying by. Been down with very bad headaches for the past 2 days - No just fell washed out

Will log on again properly when I feel I can face the monitor glare

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @cbabie yaaayyyo another no sugar day.

@TeresaW1020 I looked at the 100 More Days of weight loss book and might just do that one for the next 100. Then I found another book with 100 days I could follow for the 3rd set of hundred days. That way I wouldn’t have to repeat questions for a whole year.

@trooworld So am instapot is just a pressure cooker with an added function of a slow cooker? That ham loaf sounded good.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @teresaw1020. Here are the links for the other books

100 MORE Days of Weight Loss: Giving You the Power to Be Successful on Any Diet Plan https://www.amazon.com/dp/0976705745/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_sTkDCb44MTKXX

100 Days of Food Freedom: A Day-by-Day Journey to Self-Discovery, Freedom from Dieting, and Recovery from Your Eating Disorder https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JD1PY9W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_oWkDCbKSGX6DF

@TrishasTime I hope you feel better. I had a case of drowsy groggyitis today. I took an extra nap. Just couldn’t hold my eyes open.

I stayed within food boundaries. Exercised 71 minutes. Water goal met. Journal done. Big sticker day.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TrishasTime Oh I'm so sorry you've had headaches. I hope they go away soon. ((( HUGS )))

@theslightedgeforever Yes. But as I said, a lot of people don't really trust the slow cooker function, they don't think the slow cooker function works as good as a real slow cooker. I've used the slow cooker function a few times and so far, it has worked okay. The ham loaf was delicious! :)

Hello all. Sigh. I had been keeping a big secret. From myself. It was my weight. I hadn't been on the scale since Feb 4 and since then, I've gained nearly 4 lbs. I know what I have to do: track (I haven't tracked since before my work trip), drink water (I haven't been drinking water), walk (haven't been doing that either). I start by tracking today's food right after I finish this post.

EMPOWERED.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Checking in...nonsugar still!!!! I got up late...long interrupted sleep night...so can’t post personals....but wanted to check in...keeping me accountable!!!!

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld. I already own two crockpots so I was wondering the price difference between an instapot and a pressure cooker. I just don’t know how much I would use one since nothing I cook takes a long time anyway. So get back to your healthy habits. Here’s something for your journal. I don’t have to track my food because......
    Then do the same thing for the other habits you mentioned. Add weigh in weekly. As they say, you can’t change what you don’t acknowledge. Oh wait, something I learned in my 100 day journal. Substitute have to for choose to. So it becomes I don’t choose to track my food because......

@cbabie. That’s great that you are keeping yourself accountable.

I stayed within food boundaries. It was a rest day but I got in my steps and 15 min minimum. Actually did more because I sat and binge watched Suits this morning and needed to walk to make up my steps. Water goal met. Journal done. Big sticker day. The scale is not cooperating this week. Or rather I should say my body. The scale only records the data it is fed. I’m still up on my weight. But I will keep fighting the good fight and keep doing what I’ve been doing. Plus my 60 day weigh in falls right after bookclub 😩 I’ll be going out for that meal. But as my daddy would say it is what it is. Should have lost more weight during this last 10 days to counteract any sodium bloat I get. I just hate to show big red numbers on my chart. ☹️
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie WTG on no sugar!!! I hope you get some good rest tonight.

@theslightedgeforever I'm not sure what the price difference is, but you can get an Instant Pot on sale for about $80-90. Those are interesting prompts. Ouch! But I will try them. I did track yesterday. So, I've begun. You are doing great, I think.

Hi all. As I told slightedge above, I did track yesterday and I think that is a good start. I stayed within my calories but I didn't have enough water/liquids. I am on the upswing of motivation, I think.

EMPOWERED.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all,
    Well I will say another day with no sugar...I ate some kettles corn rice cakes (mini) after I went to bed...I said ugh that might have broke my streak, but I am not counting that as sugar....not much rest here...DRAMA...does not promote rest..lol

I saw a license plate on the way home yesterday..DRAMAL1. I was like what? No thanks

@theslightedgeforever you are doing great...ignore the scale....keep your motivation going..

@trooworld good job tracking...I still am not tracking....🤣

@gemwolf110 we are always going to be tweaking I think..

Cbabie